And this...

user posted image

white ppl, you so crazy

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

I remember seeing a video with a Ludacris song dubbed over that. It worked.

Also, after seeing Mad Men I've wanted to try that Martini and oyster combo for a while.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

This must be shared.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:41 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 25 April 2013 - 05:52 PM.

404: Post not found

ska
  • ska

Amanaemonesia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

,,,,so what did everyone think? It was a case of overhyped and underwhelming for me.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Johnny Playert, 09 April 2013 - 05:09 PM.

I've actually heard some good things about it. Thanks for the plot summary, it makes me wanna check out the pilot episode. maybe i'll get back to ya.

HOLY CRAP, Alison Brie is in it??? Man... that just closed the deal.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 10:43)
,,,,so what did everyone think? It was a case of overhyped and underwhelming for me.

I enjoyed the first twenty minutes. Seeing Don more obsessed and juvenile than ever is kind of fun. Betty's story was weak but it showed how sh*tty New York really is, a good contrast to Madison Ave. and The Village. Sally is still cool. Overall it was underwhelming because of how little we really got to see of everyone. Peggy looks comfortable in her place, and seeing the plebs of SCDP smoking a joint in the lower office was great. I want to see more of both of those sides of things.

Also, Pete will be bald by the end of the series. Calling it now.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

When I heard about the "time leap" I was kind of hoping they'd shave him. tounge.gif But yeah, I mean, it felt like a normal episode. In a double episode that was billed by many as a "feature film" it was particularly lackluster. A lot of scenes were given far more length than they needed and Don's unexplained behavior was, I guess, laying pipe for the rest of the season?

I'm supposing something more happened with that kid in Hawaii, or it struck a deeper chord with Don than they explicitly showed us. And all that business with the heart attack - it felt like it was being willfully vague, and not in a fun way. Leaves you asking "did Don have a heart attack and all this sh*t is in his head now"? Or maybe that's just the lingering after effects of LOST on my psyche. wink.gif

And two hours of Mad Men without Joan (she had like, one line)? Just wrong.

Betty visiting the Village was pretty rad. I liked that aspect of her story. I wish they explicitly showed her helping them cook instead of standing around like a priss the whole time; they've got to be careful she doesn't become a any more of a caricature or they might as well cut her right out.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I mostly enjoyed the newest episode. Seeing Don and Megan in Hawaii was a welcome change from the offices and Madison Ave. Betty is still wearing a fat suit, right? Her diet didn't seem to work out so well. She's such a complex character at times but comes off as such a mega bitch that it's difficult to root for her. Seeing her slumming it trying to help Sally's friend was a nice change.

I was really glad to see Don return to his old ways at the end of the episode, even if his last words were about how he wants to stop being like that. My favorite Don Draper is the whoring around kind.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I thought the premiere was mostly good. This is Mad Men, of course, so things move at a very slow and deliberate pace. It is a story not based on the plot as much as just a means to weave in and out of these people's lives.

To me, it is almost like The Wire in that by the end of the series, all the old characters were essentially pushed out of their place by newer up-and-comers and also by the fact that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Good god, everything is starting to look more and more awful as they inch ever closer to the '70s.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

It's weird seeing Linda Cardellini in anything other than an army jacket or orange sweater and thick glasses, but I likey.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 22:16)
It's weird seeing Linda Cardellini in anything other than an army jacket or orange sweater and thick glasses, but I likey.

Could not agree with this sentiment any more.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Feels pretty weird that no one is commenting on this season really. I'm loving it, they're exploring some of the other characters a bit more while also giving us this sense that the younger generation might be pushing out the older ones completely. sh*t is like art. What does everyone else think of this season so far?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by rudy., 01 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

I loved the last episode as well as it's name, "The Flood". It reminded me of my favorite level in Halo 1.

I was suprised at Joan in this episode. That awkward hug really upset me. I wasn't expecting that really.

I like that we finally got an episode where the main focus is on Don's relationship with Bobby rather than Sally. But man, I just want more Sally, I mean MOAR! She has been sidelined too much this season.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well... i said i'd get back at you guys... well, i've seen the pilot, and i don't really know if there's anything that attracts me to the show. It's basically like someone here said, it's like a means to watch people go through life and sit back... and that's fine. But i'll give a couple more episodes a watch and then i'll decide if i'm gonna watch it or not... because so far, it's not really jiggling my fancies.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 01:45)
Feels pretty weird that no one is commenting on this season really. I'm loving it, they're exploring some of the other characters a bit more while also giving us this sense that the younger generation might be pushing out the older ones completely. sh*t is like art. What does everyone else think of this season so far?

I like it. I haven't commented, because I just caught up and watched the last two episodes yesterday. It's as good as ever.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

i am very skeptical that that many Caucasian people would be upset that martin Luther king was assassinated, but i remind myself that it was new York, so maybe some of Matt wiener's vision is true. Then again, this is April.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

It is always interesting to hear people's reasons for why they do not like Mad Men. Mostly because I fully understand and agree with them on their points, but that does not stop me from believing that this show is one of the greatest shows of all time. It's the perfect soap opera for men, and if it went on forever, that'd be just fine with me.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

So, did David Lynch direct that episode?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Harry Hamlin's character is almost as much a favorite as Roger, after that episode.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:24)
Harry Hamlin

How the f*ck is that guy still so good looking at 61? HOW?

Anyway, I dug this episode. Anytime we get substantial flashbacks, that's a good thing. This show stopped being at its best when they dropped the Don Draper/Dick Whitman intrigue. When Don was sh*tting bricks over that account because it meant a thorough background check, that was what made this show really great to me. Now it's just really good, so long as things actually happen.

Just the other day I remembered that Don had a brother that killed himself; I had totally forgotten about that.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Seriously though, I love these last few episodes. I hope it continues in this direction. The drugs and flashbacks, the idyllic image of the 60s being turned on its head, uncomfortable flashbacks, f*cking tap dancing, weird sex scenes, snappy betty lines, some seriously heart-pounding scenes caused by the pure weirdness of an old black lady in your house at 2am, stalking linda cardellini... it's all so Lynchian. I would just love to see it get weirder and weirder.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, May 20 2013, 15:40)
f*cking tap dancing

LIKE A F#CKING BOSS.

user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, May 20 2013, 11:21)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:24)
Harry Hamlin

How the f*ck is that guy still so good looking at 61? HOW?

He's the son of Zeus. tounge.gif

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

I missed Joan in this episode.

I would have loved to see her in the office with this madhouse going on around her.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Its a fascinating show. I mean from Don Draper's constant dirty macking as a result of his "relationship" with his mother, to how these people go about making money. One of my theories about why America's economy is so bad is that we do not manufacture anything anymore, we removed that from our financial ecosystem, now all we can do is sell our culture and what we think is cool. Also, one truism is if one comes from a losing background, whether its the "hood" or the "trailer park", they have to get away from their family to break those cycles. "The Wire" talked about this in detail as well.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:40)
the idyllic image of the 60s being turned on its head

get the f*ck out

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, May 20 2013, 19:50)
QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, May 20 2013, 15:40)
f*cking tap dancing

LIKE A F#CKING BOSS.

user posted image

Hah, that's one of the main reasons why I had to re-watch the episode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users