Mad Men

83 replies to this topic
Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

Looking for a black best friend- PM Me

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:26 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 22 August 2011 - 05:29 AM.

user posted image

How this doesn't have a topic is beyond me. I searched several different ways in disbelief that it didn't exist.

For those unfamiliar, Mad Men is a show produced by The Soprano's Matthew Wiener, and is shown on AMC. Season 4 is out on DVD and Season 5 is on hold due to problems with the network.

Apparently AMC wants to cut away 2 minutes from the show to add commercials and Matthew says "No way." So now we are on pause.

I own every season on DVD and I cannot believe how into the show I am. I love it so much.

The show is set in the 60's and revolves around the character Don Draper (Jonatham Hamm) an Ad Agency's Creative Director who gets more pussy and commands more respect than every James Bond adventure put together, Peggy Olson (Elizabeth Moss) a secretary who isn't cute enough to find a man so she becomes one by fighting her way up the company ladder, Betty Draper (January motherf*cking Jones) Don's wife who is completely clueless to his lifestyle, Joan Holloway (Christina Hendricks) the lead secretary who's power in the office stumbles her social life but attracts the big wigs, Roger Sterling (John Slattery) a hilarious company partner with white hair who never grew up, and Peter Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser) a suck up who is just annoying enough to hate but successful enough to keep around.

It isn't nearly violent or action filled enough to please most guys, but the show is so ridiculously true to the time, down to the ice cubes, that it takes you to another dimension and you get lost in it in a totally different way than you would with any other show.

You either love this show or hate it. If you hate it, I'm used to that. I don't know ANYONE besides my Mother who likes it.

If you love it, post here.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I'm not a prophet

• Mars
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Easily one of my favourite shows - I'm so glad that it's still going on for now. Perfectly recreates the world it's going for, and it's enticing from the first moment that you hear Don pitching in the pilot. All the characters are identifiable for the most part - even my least favourite character, Peggy has had some great moments. If someone is a big fan of television and period pieces and they haven't watched this then there will be some serious faces next time they come around the office.

user posted image

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

Apparently AMC wants to cut away 2 minutes from the show to add commercials and Matthew says "No way." So now we are on pause.

They resolved all that, I think it basically involved giving Matthew more money...they are definitely filming now, they released a picture a couple weeks ago of Jon Hamm directing the next season's opener.

user posted image

That's Weiner in the background checking his bank balance tounge.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

Peggy is your least favorite? I mean, sure, they go a bit heavy on the "I am woman, hear me roar" schtick at times, but I really think she's one of the stand-out characters on the show.

I don't really 'love' the show, so take that any way you want.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Love it. Just finished Season 4 a week ago.

My favorite scene in probably the whole series is probably Don's flashback as a soldier in Season 1. That was the scene that really got me interested in watching this show.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 01:26)
How this doesn't have a topic is beyond me. I searched several different ways in disbelief that it didn't exist.

Oh, no, a topic exists. A little dusty.

http://www.gtaforums...opic=411199&hl=

I don't have much hope for Don's new marriage.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

I finally decided to start watching it about a month ago. I have no idea why I didn't start sooner but i'm glad I did. Easily one of my favorite shows ever.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 11:53)

Especially when the episode ends with him lying awake looking out the window seemingly unsatisfied.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 20:31)
QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 11:53)

Especially when the episode ends with him lying awake looking out the window seemingly unsatisfied.

Is there ever one time that Don's love life is ever stable?

soundbomber
  • soundbomber

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Love it too! Makes it seem like so much fun to work in an ad agency ha. Too bad season 5 is taking forever

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Love it. Favorite show on television right now. I mean, there are plenty of great shows on right now that I've watched and others I haven't, but Mad Men sets bar for characters and story, I believe.

Anyways, I bought the first three seasons on Blu Ray back when Amazon went crazy and sold them for 9 bucks a piece. So sweet. Waiting to pick up the fourth to put in my collection. Not say I haven't seen it though.

I agree with the sentiment of wondering if Don is actually at a happy place. It shall be interesting as to where they take the show and how long of a time gap takes place.

Finally, how many caught the original premiere? I remember recording it on my friends DVR while watching it, but there is one interesting thing: Mad Men used Amy Winehouse's Back to Black for that first episode. It has never appeared on the show again.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Love the show. I just started season 3 on Netflix and am enjoying every minute of it.

This show is essentially a well-done, non-cheesy soap opera. And I'm completely okay with that.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Monday, Aug 22 2011, 05:26)

Because topics for TV shows are littered with both intentional and hidden spoilers. That's why I don't go in them.

But yeah, about half way through season 3 and took a bit of a break to catch up on other shows. Will blast through 3 and 4 before 5 hits our screens next year.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

I just finished season 4 on Netflix. Are you f*cking kidding me? How could Don marry her? HER! Not the super caring, beautiful, successful, blonde Faye? I really hope this doesn't last.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Tuesday, Oct 4 2011, 08:55)
I just finished season 4 on Netflix. Are you f*cking kidding me? How could Don marry her? HER! Not the super caring, beautiful, successful, blonde Faye? I really hope this doesn't last.

Because she's smart and old.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Cuz the blonde sucked with kids.

Xo4
  • Xo4

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

I hope Betty Francis/Draper/whoever jumps off a cliff next season, the show would then be perfect. Dons new marriage isn't going to last, or it'll be perfect.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

One of my favorite shows! I get lost in the immersion of the time period. They do such a stellar job with the detail of every single scene- a painstaking recreation of early 1960s America.

I also have a gigantic boner for Christina Hendricks and the show affords me an opportunity to stare at her endlessly. I would rape her till the room stinks.

Xo4
  • Xo4

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 20:10)
I also have a gigantic boner for Christina Hendricks and the show affords me an opportunity to stare at her endlessly. I would rape her till the room stinks.

I can't agree with this more. She's absolutely stunning.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I'm not a prophet

• Mars
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

Don's mistress choice has been much more up to par than Christina, I must say. Especially with Faye. mmmmmmmmmMmmmmMmmMMMMm

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

Mad Men is awesooooome I love it, but I'm not having much time to watch it sad.gif

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Which one is Faye?

I also really like Alison Brie who plays Trudy Campbell, and is also in Community. She's sexy.

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

I was pretty surprised to find out that Netflix is carrying all four seasons of Mad Men, and I'm about halfway through season two at the moment. It's a really damn good show, in fact I'm wondering why I haven't seen it up until just recently. Luckily it's one of the few shows that I've caught that's still in production, so at least I can look forward to the next season once I'm finished catching up.

Also, Christina Hendricks' boobs.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

I know you guys like Christina Hendricks but Jon Hamm is very sexy inlove.gif inlove.gif

Tyler
  • Tyler

I'm not a prophet

• Mars
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Forty @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 03:44)
Which one is Faye?

I also really like Alison Brie who plays Trudy Campbell, and is also in Community. She's sexy.

She's the blonde one in season four that Don ends up getting with and leaving for that other girl that's good with the kids

Here she is in season 4: http://imgur.com/bhhVu

Also, yeah, Alison Brie is noice. Downloaded Community not too long ago so I'll see how I like that.

Cocobrown1386
  • Cocobrown1386

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 11:18)
I know you guys like Christina Hendricks but Jon Hamm is very sexy inlove.gif inlove.gif

Agreed. I just love his dark hair and eyes. He's so big and manly inlove.gif , lol. I also think that Roger is attractive in his own way.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Cocobrown1386 @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 18:35)
I also think that Roger is attractive in his own way.

Silver Fox.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

Cocobrown1386 yes, Roger is charming!!

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 06:06)
Which one is Faye?

She's the blonde one in season four that Don ends up getting with and leaving for that other girl that's good with the kids

Also, yeah, Alison Brie is noice. Downloaded Community not too long ago so I'll see how I like that.

QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 06:06)
Which one is Faye?

Here are some hot photos of Alison Brie for your viewing pleasure. Slightly NSFW but non-nude:

1 2 3 4 5

Mmm hotness. Great rack, full lips, pretty face, porcelain skin. She's a babe.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Forty @ Monday, Nov 14 2011, 09:44)

Holy f*cking sh*tballs I knew I recognised her, but I was never able to place it. How did that evade me for 3 seasons? (I'm only up to the end of season three, got 'em on boxset a while back and only just got around to finishing what I've got).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users