Photo

The Creators Lounge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:22 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 02 January 2012 - 10:25 PM.

my idea for the new gangs was to mae them subsects of existing gangs, so for the Spanish Lords, they would be broken down to:
Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers
East Holland Hurricanes (also allied with Clarence Little's crew in exchange for kickbacks)
South Bohan Butchers
Lords of Dukes
this gives each sub gang a sense of identity whilst still being under the assumed title from the original gangs.

I think having other Afro American gangs would make up for them not being the focus, so that their territory can be expanded. they still followed the same concept of being a unified gang but with not as tight knit as their Latino counterpart.

obviously though Papi would be allied with all Latino gangs for the most part, unless you would like a twist added later in the story or a select rivalry?

and then yeah, we could have Columbian's independtly supplying multiple gangs at the same time; possible a bit of irony when it comes to gang warfare...?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Around Uptown Algonquin there are several tags saying "Vice Squad" maybe they could be some sort of new Drug crew that features in the story.. or even the proposed New Day Co-op like board of directors.

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well lads,
Im doing a DLC thread about gangs with an African American protagonist but I dont know what to call it. Ant ideas?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:48 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 03 January 2012 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 17:53)
Around Uptown Algonquin there are several tags saying "Vice Squad" maybe they could be some sort of new Drug crew that features in the story.. or even the proposed New Day Co-op like board of directors.

yes mate! I'm thinking Vice Squad could be the collective name for the African American gangs, unified as a drugs ring operated by the heads of all major AA gangs spanning Algonquin and Broker/Dukes.

***EDIT***
also, Akavarri, would you like me to revise the plot I sent you by PM to include a Columbian contact? I'm starting to get more and more idea's flowing through but I still think we should have the Ray/Teddy link earlier in the story then kill Joe Corolla later; both of them being included as "just business". after Papi would cut his ties with Ray; that'd be be it as far as the Pegorino's are concerned. think of his role as similar to the first half of TLAD, before "This sh*t's Cursed", I know he featured a lot but he's also a great villian and an antithesis to Papi's "keep calm" attitude, compare that to the attitude of Teddy, it'd show that Papi can hold power without getting greedy. your choice but I think it'd work well to contribute to the demise of the Pegorino's, as did all the other protagonists. kinda brings it full circle.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Feen @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 18:13)
Well lads,
Im doing a DLC thread about gangs with an African American protagonist but I dont know what to call it. Ant ideas?

What is it actually about? We can't give you any name suggestions when we don't know what the DLC is about.

Give me more detail and I will do my best to come up with a name icon14.gif

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:41 PM Edited by Feen, 03 January 2012 - 08:37 PM.

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 19:08)
QUOTE (Feen @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 18:13)
Well lads,

What is it actually about? We can't give you any name suggestions when we don't know what the DLC is about.

Give me more detail and I will do my best to come up with a name icon14.gif

Well its about a guy who is a member of a gang, who comes out of prison and who slowly rises back to the top. He will either be in the North Holland Hustlers or Clarence Little's gang (M.O.B).

And another question, does anyone have a good name for an Afro American protagonist?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 17:53)

Vice Squad was the undercover police branch in Vice City. I don't know if it's just a throwback to that but it could very well be an ironic name for a new breed of young gang bangers. I'd definitely work them in as a major gang like the North Holland Hustlers/M.O.B.

@C4C: I mean we don't have to use Colombians it was just an idea off the top of my head for an alternative to the Russians or Italians. I also thought of another idea if you actually want to use Greeks as the connect. sly.gif

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

Columbians would make a great throwback to GTA III, perhaps a wiser advisor type at the side of a younger Columbian Michael Corleone expy, with the older gent taking a shine to Papi for NOT being a "let's shoot every f*cker in the face" aggressor and develop Papi in what would be equal to Frank Lucas's protege; smart with an airtight connect but still got street in his blood.

anyway, shoot the Greeks idea at me, I'm all ears considering it was your idea to collab smile.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 20:42)
anyway, shoot the Greeks idea at me, I'm all ears considering it was your idea to collab smile.gif

Zorba Philippidis
Greek captain of the Platypus. Drowned in the Humboldt shortly after its landing, possible foul play involved?

We could introduce the Philippidis Mob as the new Greek faction. A secretive, tightly knit group controlling a smuggling operation with the Platypus. They could have allies all across Liberty City, including the Triads and the Russians. To push the envelope with the Wire references, we could even have them operate out of that little diner in BOABO. Its name escapes me, but it's near that derelict rail road.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

that's incredible...the Creek St Diner is perfect, Zorba seems to fit the wiser master I described. f*ck it if it looks like we're ripping of the Greeks from The Wire, this is a brilliant idea, f*ck the Russians and Columbians, they can suck a fat one.

does this mean we're starting the story before Niko's arrival? if that's the case, how shall we work what I described about Ray's bit part? forget him and have Zorba get you to whack Corrola? I need answers man, I feel like a new born in a whole different world, the amount of possibilities using Zorba opens up!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was actually gonna suggest a connection between the Platypus captain and the Greek mob to you guys but it looks like akavari beat me to it. I think since The Captain dies shortly after arriving in LC he would be a bad choice for a Mob boss though. Maybe it would work better if he were just an associate of the Greek mob who they bump off to prevent from informing about all of the illegal stuff being brought in on the ship. I agree though the Creek Street diner would be a perfect front and potential meeting point for the Greek mob.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

I don't see how we could really feature Zorba in living form since he dies so early. We also have to work the story around Corner Kids and all the other mid-story events like Clarence Little's death and whatnot. We could use Zorba's death as a plot point for the Greek Mob though. His death could have culminated from a war with another faction, internal problems in the organization, or anything we want it to be. We can conjure up some other Philippidis characters, like a middle-aged son or two to succeed him as de facto leader.

I think Corrola's death should be a move made by someone like Willy Valerio. A crude, unsanctioned hit on a made man would only be done by someone really stupid or really crazy; the latter in Willy's case. It turns out to be a very effective move, but it would have inevitable repercussions later on leading to a lot more bloodshed.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

sorry if i didnt get the point of this thread, but i kinda think its about showing off concepts and getting feedback, if im not mistaken

what do you guys think of my concept city, alderney city?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 22:26)
I don't see how we could really feature Zorba in living form since he dies so early. We also have to work the story around Corner Kids and all the other mid-story events like Clarence Little's death and whatnot. We could use Zorba's death as a plot point for the Greek Mob though. His death could have culminated from a war with another faction, internal problems in the organization, or anything we want it to be. We can conjure up some other Philippidis characters, like a middle-aged son or two to succeed him as de facto leader.

I think Corrola's death should be a move made by someone like Willy Valerio. A crude, unsanctioned hit on a made man would only be done by someone really stupid or really crazy; the latter in Willy's case. It turns out to be a very effective move, but it would have inevitable repercussions later on leading to a lot more bloodshed.

in accordance to The Possibly Trinity, by the time of Corner Kids, Niko had already killed Clarence, kills Clarence's LT and not long after kills Teddy. so Zorba is long gone by then. why not start our story by the time Niko reaches Bohan? that way we can use the opening up of Clarence's drug market and the screwed up deal in Corner Kids as the start of Papi's rise. beforehand have him running menial jobs here and there and mainly focusing on defending his home turf?

I had a plan for how Papi would go about killing Corrola...it involves a truck, a rolled sedan and a frag.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 AM Edited by akavari112, 04 January 2012 - 01:29 AM.

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 22:49)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 22:26)

in accordance to The Possibly Trinity, by the time of Corner Kids, Niko had already killed Clarence, kills Clarence's LT and not long after kills Teddy. so Zorba is long gone by then. why not start our story by the time Niko reaches Bohan? that way we can use the opening up of Clarence's drug market and the screwed up deal in Corner Kids as the start of Papi's rise. beforehand have him running menial jobs here and there and mainly focusing on defending his home turf?

I had a plan for how Papi would go about killing Corrola...it involves a truck, a rolled sedan and a frag.

So Papi has a long way to go in gaining power before his appearance in Corner Kids? In that case we'd be able to start his story much earlier, so by the time Niko reaches Bohan sounds good. I'd also place Joe Corrola's death before Playboy X's ambiguous disappearance, so it's implied that the North Holland Hustlers are really falling apart. I think it would make sense for Playboy X to hire Niko at that point to pull his gangs sh*t together.

For poor the Joe Corrola situation, add body armor and a streetsweeper to the equation and it's perfect.

@MOB: I agree that Vorbas shouldn't be the de facto leader of the organization, maybe more of an alcoholic figurehead that has grown useless and incompetent, similar to Mikhail Faustin. His death should have been at the hands of his partners to silence him, like you just suggested.

@universetwisters: I'm sure Mati would not have a problem with us brainstorming ideas in here, it's the main reason he created it. Advertising is also a reason to post in here but its not like we're burying other peoples posts in here, there's barely any activity in this particular forum anyway.

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

I've been toying with the idea of a remake/re-imagining of GTA III titled Grand Theft Auto: Gaiden.

It's a similar framework to GTA III, being set in 2001 with Claude Speed as the protagonist, but there are a few key differences....

1. A fourth area is added to the map, Upstate, an area of suburbs, small towns, and rural wilderness.

2. The story is more in-depth and continues after Catalina is killed

3. There are branching paths, Claude can choose to stay loyal to the Leones or side with Maria and kill Salvatore. Some characters die anyway, and two enemy gangs, the Leones and Yakuza, will be forced to ally with each other in the storyline.

4. Catalina is not the main antagonist, but one of two. The other main antagonist is a prominent figure in the GTA mythos.

5. The story is tied together around a central point of focus, from the bank robbery where Claude is betrayed all the way to the final mission.

6. Mike Toreno is returning, and we'll get to see a lot of other familiar faces as well.

7. More vehicles and weapons, and a lot better soundtrack than the original GTA III.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 00:14)
@MOB: I agree that Vorbas shouldn't be the de facto leader of the organization, maybe more of an alcoholic figurehead that has grown useless and incompetent, similar to Mikhail Faustin. His death should have been at the hands of his partners to silence him, like you just suggested.

I had originally planned on having a job for Aleksander Vulaj in my Family Ties topic which was somewhat inspired by season 2 of The Wire and involved Carlo silencing some of the men responsible for bringing the Albanian sex slaves into Liberty City in order to ensure that they didn't speak to police (I had planned on these men being Zorba and the three guys that get off the Platypus with Niko). I decided to omit this job because not only did it not really fit in chronologically but it also over complicated the situation and would have carried the story on a bit longer than needed but I just thought I'd put it out there as an idea in case you guys wanted to incorporate something (however vaguely) similar to it.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:33 AM Edited by akavari112, 04 January 2012 - 02:36 AM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 01:47)

I had originally planned on having a job for Aleksander Vulaj in my Family Ties topic which was somewhat inspired by season 2 of The Wire and involved Carlo silencing some of the men responsible for bringing the Albanian sex slaves into Liberty City in order to ensure that they didn't speak to police (I had planned on these men being Zorba and the three guys that get off the Platypus with Niko). I decided to omit this job because not only did it not really fit in chronologically but it also over complicated the situation and would have carried the story on a bit longer than needed but I just thought I'd put it out there as an idea in case you guys wanted to incorporate something (however vaguely) similar to it.

I don't think it would chronology fit here either, cause I'd imagine Papi being pretty well established before getting involved with the Greeks. Although the thought of a black Schafter zipping through the dark port at night and running down Zorba sounds like a fun time.

For Ray Boccino, I think he could come into the story very early on, especially if we were to act on some of the plot points I provided LB for the original story. The firearms traded to the Lost MC from Ray Boccino could have been acquired by the Dominicans somehow, either stolen or through the Greek Mob (they would definitely have the resources to acquire such things). Ray could also distribute the stolen meds through the Dominicans on consignment, but something happens that interferes with them being able to pay back the owed money, which culminates in Teddy Benavidez' death as liability. After that I'd like to explore the 'meeting' that he leaves from directly before being murdered by Niko. That mysterious sit-down could be a gem for us if it has some relevancy to the Dominicans.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 02:33)

I don't think it would chronology fit here either, cause I'd imagine Papi being pretty well established before getting involved with the Greeks. Although the thought of a black Schafter zipping through the dark port at night and running down Zorba sounds like a fun time.

For Ray Boccino, I think he could come into the story very early on, especially if we were to act on some of the plot points I provided LB for the original story. The firearms traded to the Lost MC from Ray Boccino could have been acquired by the Dominicans somehow, either stolen or through the Greek Mob (they would definitely have the resources to acquire such things). Ray could also distribute the stolen meds through the Dominicans on consignment, but something happens that interferes with them being able to pay back the owed money, which culminates in Teddy Benavidez' death as liability. After that I'd like to explore the 'meeting' that he leaves from directly before being murdered by Niko. That mysterious sit-down could be a gem for us if it has some relevancy to the Dominicans.

Maybe it could be a sit down with the Co-op regarding a problem which arises during the story since Ray would no doubt fear them not having the backing of the similar Mafia Commission.

Alternatively it could be a meeting to set up a deal for the stolen heroin with Boccino appearing on behalf of the absent Phil Bell/Jimmy Pegorino (who sends Ray as part of the set up in "Pest Control").

Don Giovanni
  • Don Giovanni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

Anybody interested in my remake/re-imagining of GTA III?

It's also known as Grand Theft Auto: Gaiden, as like a Gaiden Game, it's a side story and an alternate story to the original.

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Anyone care about my idea for an African American DLC thread for IV?

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 03:02)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 02:33)

Maybe it could be a sit down with the Co-op regarding a problem which arises during the story since Ray would no doubt fear them not having the backing of the similar Mafia Commission.

Alternatively it could be a meeting to set up a deal for the stolen heroin with Boccino appearing on behalf of the absent Phil Bell/Jimmy Pegorino (who sends Ray as part of the set up in "Pest Control").

Hey guys maybe Santo from tbogt could feature too,like before Luis kills him. I mean his from that area and his Hispanic. Worth thinking about.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

yea, does anybody care about my alderney concept?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:55 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 04 January 2012 - 02:58 PM.

A bit of friendly advice guys.. if you push people into giving you feedback chances are they either won't give it to you or the feedback will be insincere. With that said, here's my advice to each of you:

Don Giovanni: In my experience in this section people are disinterested in GTA III era stories in general (since they are from a bygone era) so that could be the main reason why there is a lack of feedback.

Feen: I think the reason people aren't showing interest for your idea is that you don't really seem to have one. Yes you want to make a story about an African American gangster who returns from prison but you don't really seem to have anything beyond that, even going as far as to ask people to not only name your concept but name the characters aswell. There's just not enough information there to spark any interest.

You should think of your concept topic being similar to a pitch to a movie director (or in this case a games developer) and give people the basic information i.e. what's the basic idea of your concept, who are the characters, where is it set etc. then if people like your pitch they will show interest in it and it will gradually gain popularity. For more information on creating a concept topic check the pinned topic at the top of the main page of this section.

universetwisters: Personally I find that your topics always have the same theme which is a bit of an immediate turn off.. when you first posted it I read a few lines in and thought "another celtic themed story from universetwisters" and then went back to the main index. After re-reading it for the purpose of giving you feedback though I kinda get a better idea of what you are trying to do but am still a bit bewildered about it. Would I be right in saying that the topic is purely about the city of Alderney itself (including government and businesses) and has no actual major characters or plot? If that's the case then I think I can see what the problem is.. the topic just seems really incomplete, on par with those topics that just contain a protagonist and a basic outline of the plot (which are usually locked almost immediately). Your idea is fundamentally good I suppose but it doesn't really have a niche on these forums.. it doesn't have the protagonist or gameplay elements required for a game concept in this section or the established plot or cast of characters needed for a writers discussion topic. If you were to add interactable characters and some weapons maybe people would show a little more interest but if the idea just doesn't grab people then there isn't much you can do about it unfortunately.

Overall to everyone I would say though that this section is largely neglected since people started mostly visiting the GTA V section (with good reason) and the difference between the level of visitors here compared to 2 years ago when I made my first concept is immense. So in basic terms no matter how good your concept is chances are it won't get the attention from other members that it deserves, unfortunate as that may be.

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:34 PM Edited by Feen, 04 January 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Feen: I think the reason people aren't showing interest for your idea is that you don't really seem to have one. Yes you want to make a story about an African American gangster who returns from prison but you don't really seem to have anything beyond that, even going as far as to ask people to not only name your concept but name the characters aswell. There's just not enough information there to spark any interest.

You should think of your concept topic being similar to a pitch to a movie director (or in this case a games developer) and give people the basic information i.e. what's the basic idea of your concept, who are the characters, where is it set etc. then if people like your pitch they will show interest in it and it will gradually gain popularity. For more information on creating a concept topic check the pinned topic at the top of the main page of this section.

Thanks man I checked that and Iv decided to make a thread about this Afro American guy called Darryl Johnson who will be in Clarence Little's East Holland gang. This gang will also include Clarence Maxwell Caughlin, Barry Lamora and Danny Hatmaker (I know Maxwell and Danny live elsewhere but I can change that slightly). On the other hand, I was thinking of leaving Clarence out and having the gang in Broker but the only problem is that M.O.B already has that covered or else making Darryl part of the North Holland Hustlers.

Other characters will include possibly your Olivia Thompson (still to think of another name) as Darryl's girlfriend, Alfonso VasquezRami Yalon, Mr. Santo Andriy Maximov, Vic Manzano, Shon Kikuchi (who is the leader of a Japanese gang), Stubbs and possibly Darryl's mother (even though Im not too sure whether to add her what do you think). The storyline will involve Clarence's death and the Shifting Weights mission from TLAD buy Im not too sure after that. I got permission to use the Hood Property Heading but I was wondering if the heading should be more original.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips or ideas for me regarding anything?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm not too sure about using people from the LCPD Database since they can technically die at any point in the story depending on Niko's actions.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Feen @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 11:33)

MOB is right, we need a bit more info to spark interest from members like give us a paragraph of the back story of the protagonist and then you will start getting replies.

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:57 PM Edited by Feen, 04 January 2012 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 16:40)
I'm not too sure about using people from the LCPD Database since they can technically die at any point in the story depending on Niko's actions.

Yes, but when you think about it Luis could have died also in Three Leaf Clover because of Niko's actions and he was still the protagonist for tbogt

Feen
  • Feen

That Special Someone

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:59 PM Edited by Feen, 04 January 2012 - 06:47 PM.

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 16:51)
QUOTE (Feen @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 11:33)

MOB is right, we need a bit more info to spark interest from members like give us a paragraph of the back story of the protagonist and then you will start getting replies.

Did you not read my last reply?

King of the City thread Lads ye should add Al Di Napoli to the thread.In tbogt Luis drives him to Vespucci University to buy heroin from Oscar Gomex. He could play the role as one of the gang's clients

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

there's an edit button for a reason mate, no need to double post icon14.gif I do like the idea of the inclusion of Santo...I think he could be included as a low level debt collector.

also, with the Greeks, shall we give them mostly Russian muscle? given that I havent played any Trinity recently, would we say the ship is linked to Bulgarin? that way we could justify Russian muscle like Sergie in The Wire...that ugly f*cker. maybe make a counterpart in Timur, Bulgarin's bitch? he seems perfect to whack Zorba. I dont think we should exclusively show Bulgarin but Timur could cameo as Bulgarin's bloodthirsty rep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users