• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

If you want to talk about a concept, go bump the thread. From a creator's POV there's no better way to show your appreciation.

Assuming the end game is to improve activity, makes sense to cater to the active themselves.

No new concepts coming out. Yeah, thank GTAV for that: no one's ever going to squeeze a Tales From Liberty City out of that mess. I'm sure there are plenty, they're just buried underneath the clusterf*ck of CJ vs Tommy who's got the bigger dick? threads. That's where a roundup would be nice.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Yes, I did that previously.  But then I did not commit myself for doing it regularly, and then I just gave up and forgot about it. Now that I started the concept chat thread, I have much more commitment.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Why has this been unpinned?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

We're looking to jazz up the Series Chat forum and as such the ancient concept topics have been unpinned for now. The index especially needs freshening up, and the activity in here is light enough that it'll never move far down the list. If you frequent here (and/or make concepts) and have any suggestions, send me a PM :)

• killdrivetheftvehicle likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Fair enough, thanks for the heads up Kirsty.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

I remember about a year or so ago back when concepts were big or something everyone who made them tried to push for a concept thread subsection or something. 

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

:/

Nothing left to say

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I remember about a year or so ago back when concepts were big or something everyone who made them tried to push for a concept thread subsection or something. 

I was thinking about this earlier. Would be great to just tuck a subsection under the GTA Series Chat banner and have everything overseen in the one place.

All the old pins are being updated as we speak. Being as Mati has been banned for going on two years we can see about some fresh ideas for promoting and discussing concepts outside this topic if it needs a reboot. The floor is yours guys.

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

I'm working on a concept currently, although it hasn't been posted, but it's difficult due to the lack of feedback from this silent discussion. A reboot of this topic would be nice to get people more involved, perhaps?

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

I'm working on my GTA UK concept again, just don't have much time so it might be slow. Gonna try to post more around her so we can get some more life into the section.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

You know what? f*ck it, wait a few days my 1976 San Fierro concept will be up and running. For some reason I just let the idea in my head die, but if ideas like that are what needs to keep this place up and running well f*ck I'll do everything I can to help it rival BAAFLC or COTS for quality.

I remember quality concept were popping up just six months after IV was released (back before I even joined the forums). Now we've got nothing. Most of the good concept were ones that were expansions for IV. But six months after V is release what happens? It's dead, and all because there's nothing to really do to expand it story-wise.
  • TheUnholy likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:50 AM Edited by TheUnholy, 26 June 2014 - 06:51 AM.

It's good to see people thinking like that. I mean, what happened to this section. Sure, I'm a newbie, considered the others around this section, but I've been following concept threads on this forum a long time before I joined the forums. Back in the day, almost all people were interested in and fond of good ol', now unfortunately dusty concepts. Take BAAFLC for example, one mission for the story, fifteen or twenty posts were coming for it. I don't know but I can assume what is the problem. People don't like advanced imaginary, fiction or so anymore? I see no damn reason why this happened. Let's take it: People just liked IV-based concepts. That's true, all BAAFLC, TCOTS, TKOTC, FRWM had their glorious days back in the day... but the way I see it now, people give much more crap about %100 pure (or close to this percent) concepts (maybe Ultimate or Tyla's London concept would be called so), but I don't know, they don't get too much attention. However, I think there's a true thing, for some reason: some audience pay more attention to the concepts which compensate their expectations for GTA series. I don't know if this section will resurrect again, but it worths a try... I guess.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hey Friends!

I hope this section of forums never gets weak (or I'll not let it!).

I'm glad to announce a heavy amount of work for months coming! Let's go:

1. I'm going to start a topic named "FCP (Forums' Creative People)" in which we'll discuss about creators around here; It's basically a list. The general idea is that you nominate one of creators and give link(s) to his/her concept(s). Then, you'll vote for his/her best concept. Finally, his/her name and his/her best concept chosen by you, will be added to list of Forums' Creative People. The only thing left to do about starting this topic is its graphics.
  2. GTA:Ultimate's screenshots (which I had talked about some months ago) will come soon.
  3. GTA: San Fierro (do you remember it?) is going to have a first year anniversary at September.
    Spoiler

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm working on a concept currently, although it hasn't been posted, but it's difficult due to the lack of feedback from this silent discussion. A reboot of this topic would be nice to get people more involved, perhaps?

Why don't you just go ahead and post your concept?

You've got a location, you've got a story. Let's see you post it up and we can cut it up in there.

I'm working on my GTA UK concept again

With the North/South location and the two protags? I've always liked the idea of that. Just because the UK is so diverse.

You know what? f*ck it, wait a few days my 1976 San Fierro concept will be up and running. For some reason I just let the idea in my head die, but if ideas like that are what needs to keep this place up and running well f*ck I'll do everything I can to help it rival BAAFLC or COTS for quality.

Fighting talk. I can't wait to see it up and running. From the brief mission ideas you posted not long back I'm pumped for it. Not to mention the Northern San Andreas setting.

But six months after V is release what happens? It's dead, and all because there's nothing to really do to expand it story-wise.

Too true that. Maybe we were spoiled with GTAIV's story or V was just wank. The most obvious thing for me is the lack of any LSPD database. There's just... sod all that exists outside the realm of the Michael, Franklin, Trevor partnership. You would expect three times the protagonists, three times the story detail.

Hell, with the LCPD database, I remember we had one whole topic just dedicated to pulling out the characters concepts could be made about.

And no one's attempted a GTAV DLC yet. Except maybe Osric and his Mafia themed DLC.

I wouldn't mind a North Yankton prequel. Or a younger Franklin. F*ck it, even Trevor as a drifting heist man.

Martin Madrazo's rise to power in the 80s or 90s? Karen's work with the IAA? How TLMC arrived in Blaine County?

What about the hustler from Hood Safari? Gus Mota and the Vagos? Clutching at straws now, ain't I?

Take BAAFLC for example, one mission for the story, fifteen or twenty posts were coming for it. I don't know but I can assume what is the problem.

Just to play Devil's advocate, we didn't have the Creators Lounge back then. We made our topics and came up with our ideas in them. In other words, we just got on with making the concept and came up with the rest as we went on. Much discussion would populate the topic. Sh*t, concepts were pretty much word of mouth when it came to who was making what.

I could drag five or ten ideas from the back pages of this topic that could be fully fledged concepts. Three or four would be my own but, y'know, life's a bitch sometimes.

As far as posts go. If the eight concept posters from this page alone each went into a thread and said, "Nice mission. I would like to see more." then there'd be no post issue. No need for long, drawn out feedback; just let the guy know you're reading it.

1. I'm going to start a topic named "FCP (Forums' Creative People)" in which we'll discuss about creators around here; It's basically a list. The general idea is that you nominate one of creators and give link(s) to his/her concept(s). Then, you'll vote for his/her best concept. Finally, his/her name and his/her best concept chosen by you, will be added to list of Forums' Creative People.

What would be discussed about creators? Once a creator makes the list and is voted for and all that stuff, what happens then?

GTA: San Fierro (do you remember it?) is going to have a first year anniversary at September.

Link us.

I think my first concept was made in 2008. I can't really remember. Six years. F*ck, that's older than some of the members on GTAF.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm trying to get the tables from the old Concept Thread Index to work. Had to stop it yesterday because it was late and I somehow screwed up everything, but I found the error and it's fixed now. The only thing I need to do now is to copy and paste [/td] over and over again, and the Index will be complete again - at least as complete as it's in the topic that was pinned previously. I'll update it with all concept threads people posted there since the last update a couple of years ago. Shouldn't be too long. Whether it will be pinned again, I don't know, but I think so if it gets updated on a regular basis again.
  • Tyla, killdrivetheftvehicle and PooyanCyrus like this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

1. I'm going to start a topic named "FCP (Forums' Creative People)" in which we'll discuss about creators around here; It's basically a list. The general idea is that you nominate one of creators and give link(s) to his/her concept(s). Then, you'll vote for his/her best concept. Finally, his/her name and his/her best concept chosen by you, will be added to list of Forums' Creative People.

What would be discussed about creators? Once a creator makes the list and is voted for and all that stuff, what happens then?

It's in fact something like a writing legends league! The list is empty when the topic starts. You nominate somebody. Then he/she will be discussed.

It just needs users' participation, and you'll see how nice is it.

Spoiler

GTA: San Fierro (do you remember it?) is going to have a first year anniversary at September.

Link us.

I think my first concept was made in 2008. I can't really remember. Six years. F*ck, that's older than some of the members on GTAF.

Here is it: http://gtaforums.com...uto-san-fierro/

Also, did I say anything offensive to you? Maradona is also older than Messi. Tell them to get into challenge and see the result.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm trying to get the tables from the old Concept Thread Index to work. Had to stop it yesterday because it was late and I somehow screwed up everything, but I found the error and it's fixed now. The only thing I need to do now is to copy and paste [/td] over and over again, and the Index will be complete again - at least as complete as it's in the topic that was pinned previously. I'll update it with all concept threads people posted there since the last update a couple of years ago. Shouldn't be too long. Whether it will be pinned again, I don't know, but I think so if it gets updated on a regular basis again.

Glad to hear it's all coming together. How did you manage to fix the codes to stop them breaking?

It absolutely deserves to be pinned again as it archives everything concept wise.

Is there any way permissions can be assigned to a user for editing and updating the thread or is that a led by only thing?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by Andreas, 26 June 2014 - 05:33 PM.

That's the first time on the new boards I've played around with the table code like that, so it took me some time to realize what causes it to break.

First, the entire code had to be retyped from scratch as the old one was non-existent - the tables remained somehow even though there was a major software upgrade last year, but if you quote the post you will see that nothing is left except the text itself. That's because [tableb][/tableb] was used for the tables, which isn't supported anymore.

I came across a limit and I didn't even realize it until like an hour ago. Not sure if there is a limit to the amount of tables that can be used in a post; however, I do know now that you can not have more than 250 rows at maximum per post. To be specific, the maximum is 125 rows created by [td][/td] and another 125 rows created by [th][/th].

Basically, you will eventually come to an end when it comes to adding concept threads to the Index. The only thing that can be done is to start a new topic and reserve the first handful of posts, to avoid any possible annoyance in the future.

The old Index was last updated in June 2012, so now I'm adding all the concept topics people posted there since then. Gtamann123 had pointed out that someone already made a v2.0 of the topic, but again, it might become a problem in the future due to constant additions. Unless I find a post of mine in the V forum that was made around the time of the creation of the new topic, which I could secretly move to the new Index... :whistle:

EDIT: Posts can only edited by the user who made the post and staff members, i.e. led-by's, global mods and admins.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:51 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 26 June 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Just to play Devil's advocate, we didn't have the Creators Lounge back then. We made our topics and came up with our ideas in them. In other words, we just got on with making the concept and came up with the rest as we went on. Much discussion would populate the topic. Sh*t, concepts were pretty much word of mouth when it came to who was making what.

I could drag five or ten ideas from the back pages of this topic that could be fully fledged concepts. Three or four would be my own but, y'know, life's a bitch sometimes.

As far as posts go. If the eight concept posters from this page alone each went into a thread and said, "Nice mission. I would like to see more." then there'd be no post issue. No need for long, drawn out feedback; just let the guy know you're reading it.

Thanks, man. You really illuminated me about the old days. Actually I didn't mean to offend them. The things I've saying it, surely the section was more alive the back days, but my point is that I don't see why people stopped following or regarding concept threads in the blink of an eye. Not now, maybe but before a year or so, the concepts have started to be alive again, but it stopped again. The same thing is present, too but I really appreciated all those people in this page who are actually trying to put something for the sake of concept threads.

I'm going to start a topic named "FCP (Forums' Creative People)" in which we'll discuss about creators around here; It's basically a list. The general idea is that you nominate one of creators and give link(s) to his/her concept(s). Then, you'll vote for his/her best concept. Finally, his/her name and his/her best concept chosen by you, will be added to list of Forums' Creative People.

Sorry, Pooyan but I don't see it fruitful for the writers here. If you ask why, because there is few active concept creators who are "ancestors", with more than one concepts. So, we'd only discuss few creators there. Instead, I think maybe we could start a new beginning, open a new "The Creators Lounge", because I think it roofs everything what can be done for the sake of concept creators. Even blitz's guide for creators (of course, with the allowance) could be added to new "Creators Lounge", if a new one is opened. 

@Andreas: You're like the new Jesus Christ for the concept threads, sir.  :cool:

• Tyla likes this

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Whoa, what the hell happened around here?! :panic:
Man, if this is what is happening to this section, then I guess I'll have to pump every single idea I've ever had as a concept. The sequels for EC79, that CC thread, that Atlanta thread... Hopefully this'll help.
Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas as to what I should do with EC79. I was thinking of adding the new story in Boston and relocate the old story to someplace like Liberty or Carcer, and add a new story, plus its about time I posted up the gameplay and characters but still unsure as to what I should do with it. With my PC connection broken it is near impossible to post anything new. Now it's come to the point that, EC79 feels like too big a project for me. Not sure if anybody else has done this, but could anybody with the resources I don't have and the interest, would like to take over in a new thread?
It may sound like I'm trying to save myself from work, but I'm not. I really do suffer from this problem and as I can't make too many changes at once from where I'm standing, I think it would be better to see someone else make something good of it and me to continue with my other ideas.
I'll try to post one last mission from the mobile version though. It may have a different sort of presentation in graphical terms as I will not be using BB Codes as widely now, also it may be a bit short, but if this can bring in some feedback I'll be happy.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm going to start a topic named "FCP (Forums' Creative People)" in which we'll discuss about creators around here; It's basically a list. The general idea is that you nominate one of creators and give link(s) to his/her concept(s). Then, you'll vote for his/her best concept. Finally, his/her name and his/her best concept chosen by you, will be added to list of Forums' Creative People.

Sorry, Pooyan but I don't see it fruitful for the writers here. If you ask why, because there is few active concept creators who are "ancestors", with more than one concepts. So, we'd only discuss few creators there. Instead, I think maybe we could start a new beginning, open a new "The Creators Lounge", because I think it roofs everything what can be done for the sake of concept creators. Even blitz's guide for creators (of course, with the allowance) could be added to new "Creators Lounge", if a new one is opened. 

So, you think a new "The Creators Lounge" is helping? I think it should be a little different from what it is, now. We're going to have a change, so it should be so big so that it could be seen in every aspect.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Change, change, change. Just write concepts.

I would like to come here and every other post not see, "This place is dead."

My Vice concept is in progress. Niko Vercetti is about to launch San Fierro '76. ssbawesome can't be far off posting his Indianapolis thread. Brownbear is working on his GTAUK. Pooyan is updating GTA Ultimate. TheUnholy is knocking it out of the park with State on the Edge of Forever. Bengalboy has about four different ideas in his one post.

Inactivity? What inactivity?

@bengalboy:

If you're up for taking collaboration on EC79, why don't we make it a community thing in here?

We'll just take what you've got already and discuss adding to it. If you like the final product, you can add what we come up with to your original thread.

No need for a remake.

Sound like a plan?

• PooyanCyrus likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:06 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 27 June 2014 - 01:35 PM.

Excuse me.

I did that finally.

This is link to the new lounge:

http://gtaforums.com...reators-lounge/

Hope it helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users