• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

@Tyla: You should have Uptown Girl by Billy Joel on your soundtrack. I love that song. 

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Lots of time spent around Los Santos in a Carbonizzare getting the mix just right. I'm happy with what I've got.

Question.

Is it too soon to be dedicating a whole portion of plot to the protagonists being involved with the federal government?

Vice City in the 80s is just too juicy an opportunity to not involve the CIA/IAA in some way.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

You could probably get away with a corrupt member of the VICE SQUAD you do jobs for and the likes. He gives you a pastel suit and big cigar for your troubles.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Some dude is having a contest in my thread on how to have a "proper" female protagonist, so whoever's interested could give it a checkout. The link's right here.

As universetwisters can't do it, I'm issuing this challenge to anyone on this forum who wants a female protag in the next GTA.

Debunk the "anti-female-protag" crowd via practical example. Do not post an essay like the opening post with statistics and this and that about female criminals and whatnot.

Write up the next GTA with a female protag. Put yourself in the shoes of the writer/producer/developer/etc.

Tell me everything you can about the female character. You claim that it could work, so demonstrate it.
Give us her name, who she is, what she does. What would her place in the story be. How would the missions play out. What her plotline would be.
Give an overview of her story. Go to town with your write-up.

If your pro-female arguments are correct, you will be able to write a female protag that is

1) Believable/realistic
2) Interesting
3) Appropriately fits into the shooting+driving mechanics that the series is built upon.
  • Tyla likes this

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

I've figured out what I'm going to do with my concept thread.

Liberty City revisited, BUT with Liberty State and an expanded version of Alderney State added as well. There will be three protagonists, a revamped and improved weapons list and soundtrack, and the setting is 2014.

I won't spoil much, but one protagonist is a career criminal with a checkered past, the other is a petty thief and drug dealer, and the third is an innocent person forced into a life of crime.

• Loosestring likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

I've been getting back in to writing my UK topic, but it's going slowly due to work.

I'm thinking about writing DLC for it too. One DLC I was thinking about having, was charting the rise of a young black woman in a London street gang. My idea for this topic is that it will deal with very mature themes, so this one will deal with women in the underworld and general gender differences. I ant it to show all aspects of females in the underworld, prostitution, human trafficking, girl gangs etc.

http://www.voice-onl...eal-power-gangs

http://www.independe...re-8748938.html

http://www.theguardi...ion-abuse-drugs

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:17 AM Edited by TheUnholy, 25 May 2014 - 11:17 AM.

I've figured out what I'm going to do with my concept thread.

Liberty City revisited, BUT with Liberty State and an expanded version of Alderney State added as well. There will be three protagonists, a revamped and improved weapons list and soundtrack, and the setting is 2014.

I won't spoil much, but one protagonist is a career criminal with a checkered past, the other is a petty thief and drug dealer, and the third is an innocent person forced into a life of crime.

Seems cool, man. Looking forward to it. Also it'd be cool to see what happened to Liberty City crime world afterwards GTA IV.

Also I'm looking forward to go back with my work on State On The Edge Of Forever. But now, school work is busy and as soon as I will fict Part 3 out. During this period, I've figured something out for my so-called Philadelphia-Detroit based Carcer City concept (also I've decided to make main drug methamphetamine over heroin, because of Scarfo Family's big interest on it):

Spoiler

I'm planning two different stories alongside Phillip's "Black Rainbow", but I dunno if I could combine it with this main story. 

• Tyla likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

I'm not sure what genre of music I want my theme to be. It's based in Indianapolis and I have three types in mind. A jazz type theme because it's in the midwest (if that makes sense?), a dance/house theme, or a techno theme? The story is about a young man who has just returned back home to Midway City (Indianapolis) after going to Liberty City to get some work as one of his friends had some work set up there. After getting into some sh*t and his buddy getting killed, he realizes that he isn't cut out for Liberty and decides to head back home. His old friends have gotten into trouble themselves, and he tries to help them. He gets "visited" by his old enemy back in high school. The two hated each other as our protagonist was always better at everything than his enemy and his enemy tried to turn the school against him. That's small stuff, but a more serious conflict between the two drove them to hate each other and the old enemy becomes one of the two antagonists. The story ends with our protagonist finally beating his enemies and destroying his enemy after he sets up trouble for him. Sorry if I wrote a novel, but it helps to have some of the story to make a theme for it. Also, it takes place around 2006.

On another note, I don't know what font I should use for my title. Any suggestions? The summary I posted above should help a bit.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

Alright need your input on a theme for my VI concept in modern vice city which one do you think would work better?

Theme 1

Theme 2

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by ssbawesome, 31 May 2014 - 06:13 PM.

Alright need your input on a theme for my VI concept in modern vice city which one do you think would work better?

I like theme 1 better. It captures the vibe of Vice City more than theme 2. Also, what do you use to make your music?

• Gregers08 likes this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'm coming up with something concrete for the updated Boston end of my concept's story. Here is the base idea:
Instead of the Irish protag, I'm deciding to go for a Italian-American protag, who is a hitman for the Winter Hill Gang (or whatever else I name it) in Tremont City. The story starts off with you doing a hit in a bar, similar to the Blackfriars massacre of 1978 in Boston. Then you do all sorts of hits for your gang. However, your protag finds one of his bosses with his lieutenant talking with someone apparently from the FIB, in a way that he suspects they may be ratting out the gang for the feds (in reality, they were handing out mafia information for the feds to get them, not the WHG). A few days later, the old leaders of the gang are indicted by the government, by sheer coincidence, and the aforementioned 2 men become the new leaders of the gang, backed by their corrupt FIB friends. Your protagonist believes his suspicions are true, and starts to speak up against the gang leaders. But they could successfully keep it all under control, but under consideration that the protag is a valuable asset to the gang (playing a key role in a major assasination) the gang decides not to kill you, but only to exile you from the city. You then go to LC, and start to perform certain hits via payphone, albeit most of them are for the mafia. Then, one of the Five families (or probably the DeCavalcantes) decide to employ you, and this is where the Italian heritage starts coming into play.

It is still work in progress, plus I don't want to spoil it or nothing by posting the real deal here other than my own topic. It's not that I didn't like my old plot, it's just that some of the sh*t doesn't make any sense when compared to Boston's underworld.

And also, giving it some careful thought and judging the lack of resources I suffer from, I'm deciding to set this in the HD universe ONCE AND FOR ALL. Makes the work much easier for me. I'm thinking not to touch the topic for a while - i've rushed it too much and posted too much without thought already. I'm not repeating it again.

And just for reference, from the other ideas I posted in here, the only one I'm going to go through with as a concept is the V DLC. I'm going to set it in LS, in the year 1978. I think it could make an interesting setting.
The fictional city I mentioned both here and on the mapmaking section I'm continuing as a Carcer City project. Not sure if this would make it as a concept, though.
The sequels for EC79 I'd planned I'm sending down the drain, though I just might do a Baltimore project soon.
The trans-american heist idea, well, I'd rather just continue as a story in the Writer's Discussion forum.

Whoo! That's a huge load off. See ya. Got a lot of work to do.
  • Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Let me entertain you all with a small fantasy I had whilst playing GTAV.

It's a DLC set within a dream of Michael's. I imagine it would be somewhat like RDR's Undead Nightmare without the zombies.

It would take place shortly after the Jewel Heist. Pre Mr. Philips.

Only ever truly content with a gun in his hand and a price on his head, Michael's subconscious invents a reason for all of his enemies, all of those people whom he f*cked over in the past, to rise up against his materalisitc Rockford Hills life and simultaneously come together to raze his mansion to the ground while he sleeps. After confronting and killing 2003 era Trevor Phillips, he escapes with the family to Blaine County where he places them in a motel, forgets about them and gets the f*ck out of there.

Michael then assumes the identity of fictional gangster Eddie Olson, of legendary Richards Majestic crime epic Rum Runner. He's laying low in Blaine County and does a stick-up with his new 'son' who he f*cks over for the thrill of it. After disposing of the local yokel, he crashes his car. He is discovered half-dead near Stab City by Johnny Klebitz and Ashley Butler who take him back to the trailer park in an attempt to ransom him off to his assumed loved ones. After they are unable to raise jack sh*t for ransom, Terry Thorpe suggests they should use "Eddie" to take care of their "Michael" problem: Johnny's army vet brother was found face down dead in the Southern San Andreas desert a month ago after being detached from Merryweather Security's protection detail. They're out here to find out what the f*ck went on. Johnny takes his brother's death hard and succumbs to smoking meth. They bond over a pipe of good stuff and then three-way Ashley.

After digging into Michael (Klebitz)'s death they uncover unsavory links between Merryweather and the IAA. This draws the attention of the ULPC guy who it just so happens that Michael (Townley) f*cked over during a secret drug deal way back in the 90s. ULPC guy dispatches Karen (Michelle from GTAIV) to track down and terminate De Santa. It turns out Karen's background in the Midwest interlinks with a seedy Vice scene which Michael, Trevor and Brad once ran and she has plenty of reason to see Michael's head on a spit. Her "Do you remember me?" moment is accompanied by a flashback to North Yankton where a younger Michael is playing roxo foxo big wheel pimp to the little town of Ludendorrf.

In the end there's a touching montage of Eddie moving to Vice City, saving some sick children and managing to terminate his demons for good. The cripple fetish isn't realised but there's a fetching scene of him pushing Angus Martin in his wheelchair along Ocean Beach. Then he wakes up and realises it's all one never ending nightmare.

Don't mix your drink and drugs and then play GTA kids.

• gtamann123, universetwisters, Loosestring and 1 other like this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 08 June 2014 - 06:44 PM.

I've been working on the later story of State On The Edge Of Forever for a long time but I think I'm not sure on something. You see, I presumed the main antagonist as Big Poppa but as you all know he dies during the events of San Andreas. I've got something in my mind to link this up with San Andreas, but I'm not sure if I should stick with Big Poppa as the main antagonist. Although it seems like I totally created the antagonist I wanted, the San Andreas factor makes me confused. Actually I don't want to expose big information about the concept, but I thought I should consult for you guys' help.

Footnote: State On The Edge of Forever will be up and coming as soon as I'm done with "Chapter I - Part 3: Bite The Bullet".

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by ObsydianRaven, 12 June 2014 - 10:34 PM.

After an unexpected hiatus due to school, work, and a variety of other things, I'll finally be going back to work on my Carcer City concept and will be starting off by adding new characters and Part 1 of the story. Any suggestions of what else I should work on? 

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 14 June 2014 - 10:49 AM.

After a long time, I wrote a mission on my "Ultimate" concept.

Which type of missions do you like more? The ones which have more objectives, or the ones which are long and have a lot of cutscenes?

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Which type of missions do you like more? The ones which have more objectives, or the ones which are long and have a lot of cutscenes?

A mission similar to Phnom Penh '86 where you shoot out of a helicopter. 

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

A mission similar to Phnom Penh '86 where you shoot out of a helicopter. 
Hey, it's not a kind of mission, but I've done that before.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Actually I can't decide it on mission types, it's all about you, your writing, your imaginary. Let me explain. For example, on some next mission of State On The Edge Of Forever, I've planned a mission that is generally going by cutscenes, gameplay parts is a little bit. However, with that mission, I think I will offer the audience a good piece of action. I'm trying to say what I care is the plot of the mission, which is reflected in a good, proper way. To be more clear, I will give you some example on GTA series.

- To Live and Die In Alderney (IV): The plot is very exciting in my opinion, because I generally like the missions during which drugs are involved in. Phil and Niko are gonna offload the heroin they stole from Triads, so they make it it to the old mansion where Niko left it with Frankie, to cool it down. Although things seem smoothy, immediately feds show up, therefore Phil takes one of the cars, meanwhile Niko and Frankie take the another one. After an enjoyable, hot-action car chase on the streets, taking alleyways etc, the group ditch their cars, throw their bags of smack on their shoulders, fend off the NOOSE that cornered them. After blowing up a helicopter in the sky, they load themselves in a car, drive off.

Grand Theft Aero (III): Probably, this is my favourite mission on the terms of the good-foiled. Love wants some packages from Claude. Claude goes to the airport, fighs off Colombians in a hangar. However, later Claude recognizes the security guys brutally killed and unfortunately the packages are gone as well. He sees a Panlantic Construction embled van in front of the hangar, so he assumes that the packages are there. Claude makes it to the Panlantic construction site in Fort Staunton, kills a dozen of Colombians around and takes an elevator to the top floor. As y'know Claude has his most closest encounter with Catalina during this part of the mission after he's shot and left to die by her. Things get messy when Catalina  shoots her partner Miguel and gets away. After Asuka and Maria show up, letting Claude go and torture themselves a "pig".

Taking the Fall (VCS): I dunno but I always liked this mission of VCS. In this mission, Lance and Vic bust a construction site occupied by the bikers because Lance thinks they might be involved in the theft of their coke. However, their copter is caught on fire, Lance falls out of the chopper, meanwhile Vic jumps off to save his life and luckily lands on some cartoon boxes. So Vic clears his path into the construction site to find Lance. After killing all biker, Lance shows up with a bike, rides away. However, probably "Light My Pyre" of VCS could be a better example in terms of not only plot but also gameplay.

This Sh*t's Cursed (TLAD): Although it may be a classical "you're trapped, fight your way out" mission, this is one of my favourites. Johnny, Billy, Brain and Jim go to Dragon Heart Plaza in order to sit down on the table with Triads about their stolen smack. However, this is actually a trap sety by Billy because he thinks Johnny wants to take his position. Therefore, things end up bad because of this, Jim and John kill a dozen of Triads to make their way out of the plaza. However, Billy's plan bites him in the back when he crashes his bike and end up getting arrested once again. He blames Johnny for everything while he is taken away by the cops.

Da Nang Thang (SA): Y'know that mission where you hit up a container ship with Triads. Woozie has the word that Da Nang is coming with a container ship, but he has sit down with Ran Fa Li of Red Gecko Tong, CJ says he can help, so he meets with Little Lion who is on a chopper. They fly to the ship but ends up having attacked by Da Nang gun men. CJ kills some of them but in the end, he and Little Lion take a rocket in their chopper. The chopper bumps on to the water, Little Lion dies but CJ survives. CJ makes his way into the ship, with only just a knife. He eventually makes a big hit on Da Nang Boys when he kills their leader and ruins their smuggling business.

These may be helpful examples. Try to create mission that are both narrative and gameplayic. However, like I say it depends. You write a mission that heavily depends on cutscenes but that'd be cool, because you've offered the audience a good plot and a good narration. Likewise, I can advice you to get inspired of movies, TV series... that'd ease you job and make you create a good piece of work. Also an extra suggestion, don't hurry to write your missions. I started a new tactic, I keep a notebook on which I write my missions' draft first. This makes it more satisfying for me.

• Pooyan Cyrus likes this

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Actually I can't decide it on mission types, it's all about you, your writing, your imaginary. Let me explain. For example, on some next mission of State On The Edge Of Forever, I've planned a mission that is generally going by cutscenes, gameplay parts is a little bit. However, with that mission, I think I will offer the audience a good piece of action. I'm trying to say what I care is the plot of the mission, which is reflected in a good, proper way. To be more clear, I will give you some example on GTA series.

- To Live and Die In Alderney (IV): The plot is very exciting in my opinion, because I generally like the missions during which drugs are involved in. Phil and Niko are gonna offload the heroin they stole from Triads, so they make it it to the old mansion where Niko left it with Frankie, to cool it down. Although things seem smoothy, immediately feds show up, therefore Phil takes one of the cars, meanwhile Niko and Frankie take the another one. After an enjoyable, hot-action car chase on the streets, taking alleyways etc, the group ditch their cars, throw their bags of smack on their shoulders, fend off the NOOSE that cornered them. After blowing up a helicopter in the sky, they load themselves in a car, drive off.

Grand Theft Aero (III): Probably, this is my favourite mission on the terms of the good-foiled. Love wants some packages from Claude. Claude goes to the airport, fighs off Colombians in a hangar. However, later Claude recognizes the security guys brutally killed and unfortunately the packages are gone as well. He sees a Panlantic Construction embled van in front of the hangar, so he assumes that the packages are there. Claude makes it to the Panlantic construction site in Fort Staunton, kills a dozen of Colombians around and takes an elevator to the top floor. As y'know Claude has his most closest encounter with Catalina during this part of the mission after he's shot and left to die by her. Things get messy when Catalina  shoots her partner Miguel and gets away. After Asuka and Maria show up, letting Claude go and torture themselves a "pig".

Taking the Fall (VCS): I dunno but I always liked this mission of VCS. In this mission, Lance and Vic bust a construction site occupied by the bikers because Lance thinks they might be involved in the theft of their coke. However, their copter is caught on fire, Lance falls out of the chopper, meanwhile Vic jumps off to save his life and luckily lands on some cartoon boxes. So Vic clears his path into the construction site to find Lance. After killing all biker, Lance shows up with a bike, rides away. However, probably "Light My Pyre" of VCS could be a better example in terms of not only plot but also gameplay.

This Sh*t's Cursed (TLAD): Although it may be a classical "you're trapped, fight your way out" mission, this is one of my favourites. Johnny, Billy, Brain and Jim go to Dragon Heart Plaza in order to sit down on the table with Triads about their stolen smack. However, this is actually a trap sety by Billy because he thinks Johnny wants to take his position. Therefore, things end up bad because of this, Jim and John kill a dozen of Triads to make their way out of the plaza. However, Billy's plan bites him in the back when he crashes his bike and end up getting arrested once again. He blames Johnny for everything while he is taken away by the cops.

Da Nang Thang (SA): Y'know that mission where you hit up a container ship with Triads. Woozie has the word that Da Nang is coming with a container ship, but he has sit down with Ran Fa Li of Red Gecko Tong, CJ says he can help, so he meets with Little Lion who is on a chopper. They fly to the ship but ends up having attacked by Da Nang gun men. CJ kills some of them but in the end, he and Little Lion take a rocket in their chopper. The chopper bumps on to the water, Little Lion dies but CJ survives. CJ makes his way into the ship, with only just a knife. He eventually makes a big hit on Da Nang Boys when he kills their leader and ruins their smuggling business.

These may be helpful examples. Try to create mission that are both narrative and gameplayic. However, like I say it depends. You write a mission that heavily depends on cutscenes but that'd be cool, because you've offered the audience a good plot and a good narration. Likewise, I can advice you to get inspired of movies, TV series... that'd ease you job and make you create a good piece of work. Also an extra suggestion, don't hurry to write your missions. I started a new tactic, I keep a notebook on which I write my missions' draft first. This makes it more satisfying for me.

Thanks, man! You've always helped me on writing.

For now, I have focused on giving readers an original idea of what "Northern Alderney" is like, or how's life in "Morroco" and "Uptown Liberty".

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'm expanding my Indianapolis concept and making an entire state consisting of Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. Which name for the state is better? Hayward, Tacoma, Gray Valley, Darwin Valley, or Patoka Valley?

boyy
  • boyy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

I'm expanding my Indianapolis concept and making an entire state consisting of Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. Which name for the state is better? Hayward, Tacoma, Gray Valley, Darwin Valley, or Patoka Valley?

'Gray Valley' captures a nice vibe in my opinion. :^:

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I like theme 1 better. It captures the vibe of Vice City more than theme 2. Also, what do you use to make your music?

Didn't make them, they're instrumentals from existing songs. Everything else for my concept is self made but I wish I could make my own instrumental I just don't know where to start when it comes to beat making. Have a few friends who can make some decent sounding stuff on fruity loops though so I'll probably buy that and attempt to learn the basics over the summer.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Didn't make them, they're instrumentals from existing songs. Everything else for my concept is self made but I wish I could make my own instrumental I just don't know where to start when it comes to beat making. Have a few friends who can make some decent sounding stuff on fruity loops though so I'll probably buy that and attempt to learn the basics over the summer.

That's what I was originally doing. I was trying to create some simple looping beats, but turns out that I suck at that.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hellooooo... Is anybody here?  :dontgetit:

So Silent...

Have you seen my latest missions? I've managed to make the storyline unpredictable.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hellooooo... Is anybody here?  :dontgetit:

So Silent...

I've noticed that too. It's hard to get any feedback from a silent topic. It's like talking to a wall.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 22 June 2014 - 09:58 PM.

Would you guys mind if I started a thread about concept threads? In the topic I would introduce one concept thread per week and everyone could discuss. It would be called: "Concept Chat: Thread of the week." I would choose the threads on my own and people could make suggestions on the next thread to be on it.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

Would you guys mind if I started a thread about concept threads? In the topic I would introduce one concept thread per week and everyone could discuss. It would be called: "Concept Chat: Thread of the week." I would choose the threads on my own and people could make suggestions on the next thread to be on it.

That would be nice, man! But you should look at it more deeply. It could be good or bad.

Negative Point: It may become a problem. Because as you know, concepts get very few responses, and if something like this arrives, those few responses will disappear and come to that thread.

Positive points: It's a nice idea. Also, things like soundtrack or gameplay features, etc. (which get less attention) could be discussed.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

That would be nice, man! But you should look at it more deeply. It could be good or bad.

Negative Point: It may become a problem. Because as you know, concepts get very few responses, and if something like this arrives, those few responses will disappear and come to that thread.

Positive points: It's a nice idea. Also, things like soundtrack or gameplay features, etc. (which get less attention) could be discussed.

So, I'm going to start then!

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Not sure what the difference is between it and this creator's lounge for drumming up support to be honest, bar the fact it's plugging a thread the creator has no intention of returning to.

Wouldn't mind the thread dedicated to rounding up new updates (gameplay, mission wise) of currently active concepts though. Once weekly, twice monthly, whatever activity dictates. Otherwise,

we should all try to discuss the good points and bad points of the concept in question, including how things were presented, features, contents of course and to give our estimate how or if the said thread would ever be made into a real game.

Someone wants to do that with one of my threads they can do it in the thread. You don't take from the chef and then sit at your own little table and talk about how good it tastes without paying your compliments. 'Ya know?

Me? Yeah, I'm working on sh*t with my Vice City idea. Updates? Naw. Why? 'Cause I don't feel like giving a blow by blow account of what I'm doing. You'll see for yourselves soon enough.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Not sure what the difference is between it and this creator's lounge for drumming up support to be honest, bar the fact it's plugging a thread the creator has no intention of returning to.

Wouldn't mind the thread dedicated to rounding up new updates (gameplay, mission wise) of currently active concepts though. Once weekly, twice monthly, whatever activity dictates. Otherwise,

we should all try to discuss the good points and bad points of the concept in question, including how things were presented, features, contents of course and to give our estimate how or if the said thread would ever be made into a real game.

Someone wants to do that with one of my threads they can do it in the thread. You don't take from the chef and then sit at your own little table and talk about how good it tastes without paying your compliments. 'Ya know?

Me? Yeah, I'm working on sh*t with my Vice City idea. Updates? Naw. Why? 'Cause I don't feel like giving a blow by blow account of what I'm doing. You'll see for yourselves soon enough.

I don't think this takes away anything from the developing threads, or the creator's lounge. A week is enough for one thread, because you can always continue the talking in the creator's lounge.

Let's face it: there hasn't been too many concepts around here to see. I think we shouldn't stop talking about a concept just because the makers won't be updating it, because a new idea is not new, unless it's different from the old.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users