Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

In Japan, 1968, a man dressed as a police officer stopped an armored car transporting money belonging to the Toshiba corporation. With a story about a bomb threat regarding the car, he convinced the employees to allow him to search it for explosives. He set off a road flare under the car, and the employees all ran for cover, believing it was a bomb. The man then boarded the car and drove away. He was never caught, nor was the money (about 300 million yen) ever recovered.

^someone remind me of that tomorrow. youll know why

• gtamann123 likes this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

^Is it gonna be a concept?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

^Is it gonna be a concept?

Maybe

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Does anyone know an image hosting site that would allow me to post an outside link to a very large image? I uploaded a preview of my San Fierro map to Photobucket and then when I posted the picture here it won't let you see the image in full size if you click on it even though you can see it in full size on Photobucket. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

Does anyone know an image hosting site that would allow me to post an outside link to a very large image? I uploaded a preview of my San Fierro map to Photobucket and then when I posted the picture here it won't let you see the image in full size if you click on it even though you can see it in full size on Photobucket. 

I always use Snag.gy for that kind of stuff. Imgur is pretty good too.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

Ok I will check those out. You know what my problem im having is right? Its kind of hard to explain.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

Ok I will check those out. You know what my problem im having is right? Its kind of hard to explain.

Nope, I can't at I do.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Well I figured it out. Turns out when you post an imgur image it automatically resizes to a forum friendly thumbnail and the displays the whole pic when you click on it

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by Osric, 18 April 2014 - 04:14 PM.

I've considered doing a period piece GTA concept set in the HD Era or a entirely new city, but I'm not sure what era or city I want to do. I will also resume The Family Tradition now that my college classes for the semester are almost over.

Here's my ideas....

Grand Theft Auto: The Family Legacy

Setting: Liberty City (Plus Alderney and rural Liberty State)

Time Period: 1950's and early 1960's

Protagonists: Jon Gravelli, Roy Zito, Edward McReary (Grandfather of the McReary Brothers)

A classic Mafia concept thread for GTA, sort of the antithesis of The Family Tradition. Whereas The Family Tradition is about the death of the Italian Mafia in the 21st Century, The Family Legacy is about the height of the Mafia's power in the 20th Century. The two main protagonists are a 30-year old Jon Gravelli who is a trusted associate of the Gambetti Crime Family on the way to becoming a made man, Roy Zito, an ambitious 17-year old street punk who Gravelli has taken under his wing, and Edward McReary, the leader of the Irish Mob in Dukes, who are on-and-off rivals of the Gambettis.

Grand Theft Auto: Capital City

Setting: Capital City (A parody of Washington DC and the surrounding suburbs and cities in Maryland and Northern Virginia)

Time Period: 2010's (Present Day)

Protagonists: TBA

This is a very rough concept centered around a GTA game set in the capital of the United States and the surrounding areas. Very much a work in progress as I just thought of it this morning.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

I like the idea for Washington D.C. I think a D.C and surrounding sprawl concept would be bad ass. But may I suggest not calling it Capitol City? Maybe calling it Jefferson C.D or something like that. I know there have been a couple references made to Capitol City in GTA before but it just sounds too tacky to me. 

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

That could work, a modern setting would probably be easier on me in terms of vehicles, weapons, and the soundtrack. I just need to think of good protagonists and a good story.

I think I will go with Capital City (or whatever name I decide to go with).

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by gtamann123, 18 April 2014 - 04:28 PM.

That could work, a modern setting would probably be easier on me in terms of vehicles, weapons, and the soundtrack. I just need to think of good protagonists and a good story.

I have thought a modern day D.C setting would be cool as well. Maybe in the summer-fall of 2012 leading up to the presidential election. So the city and radio are drowned with political campaigning and news about it. I drew a map for a D.C GTA I will look for it and see if I can dig it up.   

Here ya go (The City in the top right is Baltimore)

Xk5vbSK.png

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:36 PM Edited by Osric, 18 April 2014 - 04:36 PM.

I like it. I will definitely add Baltimore and maybe some of the cities in Northern and Eastern Virginia as well (Fredericksburg, Manassas, Norfolk, Newport News, and possibly Richmond, but Richmond is a fair distance from the DC sprawl of Northern Virginia).

As a Virginia native who has traveled to DC and Northern Virginia multiple times, I like the idea of doing a city within close proximity of my home state.

• gtamann123 likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

I've been lately thinking of making a concept, but I don't know how to start. Any tips?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

I always start with location and make a map. Then I come up with charscters and then a plot then the rest. It kind of has to flow out naturally and cant be forced
  • Vanto likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

I think I'll be making the concept's location the GTA V map. I'm too lazy to make one myself. I think that I'm going to say that the concept isn't going to be based in the 3D/HD era.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:39 AM

I have thought a modern day D.C setting would be cool as well. Maybe in the summer-fall of 2012 leading up to the presidential election. So the city and radio are drowned with political campaigning and news about it. I drew a map for a D.C GTA I will look for it and see if I can dig it up.   

-snip-

Add more onto the suburbs south of DC. They're never that small :p

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

-snip-

Add more onto the suburbs south of DC. They're never that small :p

That map is unfinished lol 

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Sorry, people. I haven't been around too much because of my school and a GTA V scenario walkthrough I write along with a few buddies of mine, and I won't be around for a time. I'm cooling down State On The Edge Of Forever for a while because I can not find something "destructive" for Chapter I Part 3: Bite The Bullet. So SOTEOF will be waiting until I find what I want (actually Chapter I is completed, but superficially, some parts are just plotted). Anyways, I've been thinking about Carcer City again and I think I'm onto something. I'm planning to make a Carcer City based on Detroit and Philadelphia, during early 80's infamous heroin epidemic. The exact year will be 1982 and I'm planning to include three protagonist (but the interaction between them will be based onto the one between Niko, Johnny and Luis). 

• First protagonist: A half Irish-half Italian young criminal who is learning the ropes with the help of his uncle, who is trying to find favor in sight of Carcer City's mafia families by performing little deeds for them but generally ignored because of his Irish blood. I chose a protagonist like that because of Mafia II which I've been obsessed with too much these days.

• Second protagonist: A mid-aged Armenian psychopath who is favoured because of his brutal business style. I'm planning to give him an ASALA (an Armenian terrorist group which performed attacks on Turkish diplomats) background. I'm planning to give him a "Niko"ish background. His prologue may contain one of his ASALA days during which he and his guerilla squad were tasked with killing a Turkish diplomat but they fail it because of a rat in their squad. Most of his friends get killed and our protag just escapes with his life. I'm planning to reflect a "Manhunt style", darker Carcer City by him.

• Third protagonist: I have no solid plan for third protagonist but I'm planning him as a "punk"ish thug who is angry at society. To my plans, our protagonist is a small-time thug who doesn't like his little mountain town (presumably I will use Colorado for that), so he wants to just go away from his hometown. So he participates in a bank robbery for the expenses for his new life but bank robbery ends up being a bloodbath. So our protagonist is thrown right in the middle of a cat-mouse play, he makes his way to Carcer City to survive because he has police and some brutal gang (because the bank was totally corrupt, keeping the gang's money clean) on his back. 

That's it for now. I think I will base Carcer City Mafia Families on the ones of Philadelphia. Another crime group I will include is Greek Mob, a great heroin supplier for the city. A small crew of Irish foot workers also could work. But I think, I won't put this concept in the forum until I'm done with the first two chapters of State On The Edge Of Forever. I just hope I will be done with that confusion with Bite The Bullet and let SOTEOF run again.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Decided to update BIB. So if anyone is still interested they can check it out. I added a new mission and will add another in a little bit. Might add some new radio as well  

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

Decided to update BIB. So if anyone is still interested they can check it out. I added a new mission and will add another in a little bit. Might add some new radio as well  

giphy.gif

• gtamann123 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

*cough*

hoCeG.jpg

• gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Can't wait to play your mod man. It's going to be pretty sweet 

• universetwisters likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

I have decided to make a Vice City concept. I will still support my BIB concept but I really want to work on this one. I will be posting it in my Previous Topic that was an utter failure. I have also posted a preview of the map in the Mapmaking thread. 

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm currently working on a map based on Indianapolis, but I can't come up with any good names for the city. I came up with Speedway, Midway, and Midfast. I just don't like any of those names, though.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'm currently working on a map based on Indianapolis, but I can't come up with any good names for the city. I came up with Speedway, Midway, and Midfast. I just don't like any of those names, though.

Nativoso, Nativeopolis, I have always thought the GTA universe equivalent of Indiana should have Native in it.  

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Nativoso, Nativeopolis, I have always thought the GTA universe equivalent of Indiana should have Native in it.  

I always imagine the equivalent of Indiana having something to do with "Mid" or "Center" because it's considered the crossroads of America and whatnot. So Midopolis, Midgate, Centropolis, maybe?

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

@ssbawesome - Jonesville, maybe?
Either that, or Middleton. Midway doesn't sound too bad to me either.
What you could do is look up Indianapolis or Indiana in Wikipedia and look up to where its naming roots trace to. I always do that when I'm in need for a name.
  • gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

I can't decide if I want to go with one protag for my Vice City concept or two.

I know for a fact that one protagonist will be an illegal immigrant from Cuba with military training who was somehow forced out of Cuba and had to come to the US to meet up with his brother and hide out. He settles with his brother in Little Havana and gets work with a local drug lord who gets him a green card in exchange for wheelman and enforcer work. This character would eventually rise to become the coke kingpin of Vice City Scarface style.    

But I also feel like adding in a typical Florida small town redneck. Who lives in a trailer and engages in Moon-shining and meth distribution. His story wouldn't be directly connected to the Cuban character's story but they would cross paths a few times. But I feel this character would be too similar to Trevor so I am not sure. 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

I can't decide if I want to go with one protag for my Vice City concept or two.

I know for a fact that one protagonist will be an illegal immigrant from Cuba with military training who was somehow forced out of Cuba and had to come to the US to meet up with his brother and hide out. He settles with his brother in Little Havana and gets work with a local drug lord who gets him a green card in exchange for wheelman and enforcer work. This character would eventually rise to become the coke kingpin of Vice City Scarface style.    

But I also feel like adding in a typical Florida small town redneck. Who lives in a trailer and engages in Moon-shining and meth distribution. His story wouldn't be directly connected to the Cuban character's story but they would cross paths a few times. But I feel this character would be too similar to Trevor so I am not sure. 

I would say just go with your Cuban protagonist. Normally I would advise against going with the typical GTA protagonist, but like you said the second one sounds too much like Trevor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users