• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

My current progress on new concept art:

1. Map:

Spoiler

2. Sorting of music:

Spoiler

That map looks incredible dude. I cant wait until the concept is up and running. 

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 17 March 2014 - 08:33 PM.

My current progress on new concept art:

1. Map:

Spoiler

2. Sorting of music:

Spoiler

That map looks incredible dude. I cant wait until the concept is up and running. 

=========

This summer

:)

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

Good name for a GTA universe version of Salt Lake City? 

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

For the time being I've decided to ditch my 70's SF concept thread, since it might be too big of a task for me at this point in time. Instead I've got two, somewhat smaller ideas to throw around:

The first is a DLC for V. Basically it break away from the normal GTA modle somewhat in favour of something new. Basically it takes place six months following ending C. Basically what happens in that Trevor happens to have be involved in another one of his "incidents" at Del Perro Peir, causing severe casualities. Newly elected govenor Sue Murry overturns the laws restricting Merryweather from operating on US soil, and enforces Martial Law in LS until Trevor is found. The government seizes all the protagonists assets, and they're thrown back to the bottom of the food chain. So the entire story revolves around the characters fighting Merryweather with the hope of killing Don Percival and bringing order back to the state.

The second idea is more so a fan fiction story as opposed to a concept thread, which bridges a gap between the events of TLAD and V. It revolves around the story of Jim, who actually faked his death with the help of Stubbs (explaining why neither of the bikers in IV looked like Jim), and his new life in North Yankton. Eventually he's discovered by the Lost (not going into detail here, but I've got a plan) and he lands himself in a whole world of trouble. Basically this is to explain why Johnny is still a member of the Lost, why he got back into drugs and why the Lost ended up expanding beyond the East Coast.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

@gtamann - I'm no expert, but Fremont City or Templebridge City would be nice.
  • Tyla likes this

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

I had an idea for an anime-inspired GTA with Sword Boy and Princess Robot Bubblegum as major supporting characters (but not protagonists), as well as a resuming of The Family Tradition but I am unsure.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Good name for a GTA universe version of Salt Lake City? 

Pepper River City?

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

I had an idea for an anime-inspired GTA with Sword Boy and Princess Robot Bubblegum as major supporting characters (but not protagonists), as well as a resuming of The Family Tradition but I am unsure.

No God, please, no! NO! NOOO!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

No God, please, no! NO! NOOO!

I think it would be interesting.

"Get out of the car or I'll hit you with my waifu!"

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

I'm having a hard time finding info so I will have to postpoe my GTA Turkey topic.

I'm starting on a new topic, a SA style GTA set in a compressed UK. It will have London, a mash up of Liverpool/ Manchester/ Birmingham and a Scottish city with smaller towns in between including a grim Northern mill town, a Brighton style seaside town, a small West Country town and a Scottish town. I might put in 3 protagonists to make it easier to move around in the story.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'm having a hard time finding info so I will have to postpoe my GTA Turkey topic.

I'm starting on a new topic, a SA style GTA set in a compressed UK. It will have London, a mash up of Liverpool/ Manchester/ Birmingham and a Scottish city with smaller towns in between including a grim Northern mill town, a Brighton style seaside town, a small West Country town and a Scottish town. I might put in 3 protagonists to make it easier to move around in the story.

I've actually gained some momentum on this topic for once, so hopefully I'll actually see this through and not leave it halfway through like I normally do.

I haven't actually decided properly on the story, but I'm thinking something like this: It will have two characters, one being a Turkish man in his mid 20s, he's the son of a mid level member of the Turkish mafia and he's spent his life trying to impress him, running a street gang who act as muscle for the mafia. The game starts as he leaves prison for drugs and firearms possession, he returns to his gang dissatisfied, wanting to run with the big dogs. His father is murdered mysteriously and his uncle brings him into the mafia, this will take him on a violent journey as he rises from knife crime and petty dealing on London's streets to making deals with Colombian drug dealers in the North.

Thee other character is an ex army hard man and lone shark from a grim Northern town (A mash up of Bradford/Middlesbrough etc), he is small time, selling scrap cars to Gypsies and getting into fights with his football hooligan mates. He is an aggressive coke head, but he is ambitious and makes several connections that will take him all over the UK, robbing trains and army convoys and smuggling human cargo off the South West coast. His ambitions lead him to the psychopathic Mahoney brothers (based on the McCarthy-Dundon gang) who run a shadowy and powerful drug network from Ireland, when you run afoul of the brothers you also attract the attentions of the IRA, who send a group of hitmen to hunt you down.

I'm really not sure about this story yet but I'll see where it goes. My focus is to have it very grim and realistic, but at the same time have a very British tone to it. I'm researching the crime and gangs as I want to make it as real as possible and I'm thinking of basing missions on real crimes. There will be a big focus on melee and guns will be much ore in depth. There will be a few ways to get guns, these include: Makeshifting guns, this will be done like customising guns in V but much more in depth and instead of having high tech upgrades, you will have things like sawing off barrels and taping mags together, these are done at workshops dotted round the map. As many of the guns enemies use towards the beginning are replicas, you will have to drill the gun to make it lethal although these can jam or explode after prolonged use.

Gun dealers are dotted around the map, some will deliver like Lil Jacob but for heavier hardware you will have to go the dealers house, their stock differs between dealers. Another method of obtaining guns will be robberies, these will mainly be done in country manors and will mostly provide shotguns. The last method and the only way to get real hardware is to rob army convoys, this will be hard but will pay off with weapons unavailable elsewhere. You will only be able to carry guns like pistols, mac-10s and sawn off shotguns on your person, and these will be put in a realistic place like in your waist or trouser leg rather than just appearing out of your back. Larger guns like rifles can be put in the trunk of your car and accessed from there.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:33 AM Edited by Tyla, 28 March 2014 - 01:36 AM.

brownbear, I'm liking it. Shift towards a very grim realism sounds great and I love the sound of the ex-army nut from up north (lots of them about) and I know the Turkish protag is going to be immense. You're pretty much addressing one of the main arguments people have against a GTA in the UK head on. Can't wait to see it.

Edit:

How familiar are you with Paul Sykes? I'd f*cking love to see a man of his type in the northern portion of your game. That would be quality.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 28 March 2014 - 08:18 PM.

7Pw65wb.jpg

Are you ready?

Spoiler

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Here's the flag for my Southern us state. Still have yet to come up with a name for the state though. 

StateFlag_zps54ed2b86.png

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by universetwisters, 28 March 2014 - 10:36 PM.

^ I think Alabama still has the confederate battle flag in their state flag. Either Alabama or Georgia. One of the two, maybe. I'm not sure. But I KNOW one of the Southern states has the confederate flag in their flag.

EDIT - Mississippi. How old school.

800px-Flag_of_Mississippi.svg.png

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Wow I didnt know that. Well atleast my flag isnt like the exact same so I will still keep it.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by brownbear, 30 March 2014 - 10:28 AM.

brownbear, I'm liking it. Shift towards a very grim realism sounds great and I love the sound of the ex-army nut from up north (lots of them about) and I know the Turkish protag is going to be immense. You're pretty much addressing one of the main arguments people have against a GTA in the UK head on. Can't wait to see it.

Edit:

How familiar are you with Paul Sykes? I'd f*cking love to see a man of his type in the northern portion of your game. That would be quality.

Thanks man, I'm really not sure about this story. I can't decide on having one or two protags, with one I could probably keep the story tighter, but with one I would miss out some aspects like football hooligans won't work with street gangs.

No I haven't actually heard of him, I'll have a look into it. I want to want to try get a map done as it'll help me visualize things better.

The tone of this game is what I'm trying to get at most. I want it to feel dark and gritty, tackling mature subjects like race, poverty and drugs, but at the same time have a sharp, dry British humor to it. I doubt my writing is that good, but I hope I an capture this.

I'm planning to have the Northern protag as a complete nutter, a bit like Trevor but not as one sided. Here's some films that capture exactly what I'm thinking this guy should be like:

I've got a clear picture of him in my head:

dead-mans-shoes1.jpg

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

Prologue of BIB is up. I want to type more but im already double posted and I have been warned for excessive double posting in my concept topics before so I don't want to risk it. So I will wait until I get some replies before I add some more missions.

Oh yeah and the code went batsh*t when i tried to add a link to the prologue and I lost almost all of the data in the Gameplay section. Will get to retyping it but I lost a lot of data so it might take a little while to reclaim it.  

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

That's me officially pumped for brownbear's concept then.

Paul Sykes was a blinder. He died in 2007 and was banned from setting foot in Wakefield town centre for his drunken ranting and raving. To sum him up in one: "I don't read Daily Mirror or 'T Sun. I go and have a look and I've been. I've had me breakfast in Moscow and me tea in Wood Street nick. I'm the only man in the history of mankind that has swum across t' straights of Johor. Sharks'll have a look at me and I'll punch 'em right in fookin' ear'ole." I really like the feeling of isolation having a setting across the Northern divide and idea of a lunatic like this popping up every now and again with wacky tales of the world beyond.

Tackle all the issues you can mate and put all your punch behind it. UK is exactly the platform needed for a downlow and gritty GTA.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I think im just going to poat again in BIB. Because im just too im patient and want to get to the rest of the story. Expect a couple missions to be up later today as well as some small updates

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by gtamann123, 03 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

^ I think Alabama still has the confederate battle flag in their state flag. Either Alabama or Georgia. One of the two, maybe. I'm not sure. But I KNOW one of the Southern states has the confederate flag in their flag.

EDIT - Mississippi. How old school.

-snip-

Well I have changed the map and the state the game is set in is heavily based on Georgia with elements of Appalachia and Louisiana Swamps. So even though my flag looks pretty similar to the Mississippi on I am going to keep it. And I believe the former GA flag had a confederate flag on it before they changed it. So it makes sense. 

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 04 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

I'm currently focusing on GTA VI's soundtrack.

Planned radio stations:

• classic Chicago house/hip-house,
  • classic rock (from late 60's to late 80's),
  • talk radio,
  • classic midwest rap (from 90's to early 00's),
  • modern rap,
  • Polish music,
  • Latin music,
  • modern electronic music,
  • classic smooth jazz/Chicago style Dixieland jazz,
  • reggae/dancehall/dub,
  • 70's and 80's funk,
  • R&B/soul,
  • ambient/chillout,
  • pop/90's dance,
  • alternative/indie rock,
  • punk rock.

Any ideas, my mates? :)

-----------------

First 5 logos for radio stations.

Spoiler

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Any ideas, my mates? :)

A) Classic rock doesn't extend into the 1990s. At least according to the stations in the areas I've lived/go to. I'm not sure what it's like in Chicago but the mid 60s-late 80s are usually the norm for classic rock.

B) Your lack of Happy Hardcore deeply disturbs me.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

At the moment, I find myself unable to continue with EC79 for complicatedly unexplainable reasons, so i'm having to take a break from writing any further. However, since I have nothing to do, i'm working on another concept that i've been working for over a week. It was originally meant to be a non-GTA project I would be doing for myself but it could work for a concept as well as a replacement to EC86.
Here's how it goes:

The events of the story takes place in 1987, in a fictional city named Newport, a fictional city based loosely upon a mix of New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Detroit, containing a few elements of Baltimore and Cleveland.
The story would follow two protagonists, an undercover federal agent, and a career criminal who has recently escaped from prison. The story focuses primely on the crack epidemic. The feds are looking arrest one of the leading drug dealers of Newport, where the 1st protag comes in. He goes undercover for the feds, working for drug cartels trying to get through to the guy they're catching. On the other hand, the 2nd protag escapes from prison and continues with his criminal exploits. He would also be an associate to the John Doe the feds are trying to catch. Being a fed, the 1st protag also has to solve cases, which, ironically plotted by the 2nd protag. Still working through the story, no ideas for the music just yet, however I have weapons and vehicles figured out. I also know my city, trying to map it on my computer but before I go any further I wanted a bit of feedback. Would it work? The fictional city concept? The story? Anything else that might need to be worked on or changed?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

...a fictional city named Newport...

You know about Rhode Island, right? You may be able to get away with it, seeing as that one's in New England and you're doing a mishmash of northeastern/midwest cities, though.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:15 AM Edited by gtamann123, 05 April 2014 - 07:33 AM.

Uhh I am in a rutt right now. I have been neglecting my BIB concept recently because I got caught up in trying to write a GTA set in the deep south and been focusing on mapping that and trying to come up with some good ideas. I feel I should just abandon the BIB concept until I get the Dixie one up and running because that is monopolizing my thoughts right now and I just cant keep a train of thought on BIB long enough to be able to write missions. This has happened to me before when I have tried to take on multiple concepts at once. I'm not sure exactly what I should do because i am pretty much obsessed with GTA: Dixie right now and that's pretty much all I can think about when It comes to creativity and ideas. I'm just brain dead when it comes to BIB and cannot get any creativity flowing for it. But I don't want abandon it because it has such promise. But the only thing I can focus on right now is GTA: Dixie  

GTA Dixie would have the most going for it and would be the highest overall quality. Being modern day I find it much easier to write than a period piece set over 10 years before I was even born. That pushes me toward writing that.

And on top of that I have been considering re doing my GTA VI concept of a modern day Vice City. Which isn't helping as ideas run wild in the back of my mind about that as well.   

I really can't keep a single train of thought on a single project long enough in order to be productive :cry: Creative writing (Specifically GTA fan fic) is my passion and when I can't do anything it really gets me depressed.   

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by universetwisters, 12 April 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Does anyone here think what kind of potential Sandy Shores would have if, you know, it weren't a giant trailer park?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by gtamann123, 13 April 2014 - 06:07 AM.

Ive been through the Salton sea area and its pretty much a trailer park. I drove around the little unfinished town that Sandy Shores is based on and they got it pretty right. If anything Sandy Shores is over developed and populated

axee123
  • axee123

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by axee123, 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM.

I have a concept what sets in North San Andreas in 2014.

Go check it out: http://gtaforums.com...o-danger-state/

Any name suggestions for north San Jose?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users