1,162 replies to this topic
ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:56 AM

I want to at least have 35 songs per station but I think you're right that it would degrade the quality so I just won't put in more than 25 songs.

Now I'm thinking of putting in more weapons, any ideas? Not being specific but I'd like more suggestions for pistols and revolvers since GTA is really lacking in these departments.

Your list looks pretty damn comprehensive as it is. I tried to find a gap in it - I couldn't. More than remedies the sin of no revolver since the Python in Vice.
I would've suggested the Wildey Magnum, but I've noticed you already included that as a special. Same with the Silenced Pistol. What you could do is switch your Police Revolver to the Colt Police Positive and if you plan on including plainclothesmen in your wanted level, retool the Detective Special into Service Revolver or something. Wouldn't mind seeing a Mauser either.

The Mauser would be perfect for the Carcer CIty DLC concept. As for the revolvers those are good ideas. I might include a Automag.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 09 March 2014 - 02:06 PM.

Why don't you answer me these days?

NOBODY WILL KILL YOU IF YOU REPLY MY POSTS!

I know, I don't get an answer even this way, instead, a warning will be all the thing I get!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

^

XavMashes
  • XavMashes

Liberty City guy

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

I have this idea with logo, names and map but I'm not sure about posting it.

Tell me what do you guys about a GTA combining a revamped Vice City & Liberty City (without Alderney or Dukes because of a "Mandy" super storm), following the story of an uprising member of The Lost MC (After the rampage of Trevor Philips, The Lost moved to Vice City's downtown), his girlfriend (non playable main character), and the middle-aged son of a high ranked criminal business man.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Guys, I could use some feedback on the first batch of missions i'd posted, I've been pretty busy lately with school and all so I couldn't check in and update but now it is getting seriously echoey in there...

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

oh its been echoey since the announcement of GTA V way back when...think all the old heads (me MOB, Tyla, Akaviri, Pedochu, Lolwut Pear etc etc) have all grown out of it to varying extents; Ped's become Docaustino, I've been working on my Vietnam project(s) when I'm not at work, I should imagine its probably similar ways with all the old guys who used to kick it here two or three years ago, during what could have been called the "golden era". shame really but that's how it goes I guess.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

Yeah, i haven't been around for long but from all that i've seen and heard from old posts it used to be great out here. I remember at the time I joined up this topic was pretty rusty - there hadn't been a reply since cant-remember-when-but-definately-a-long-time-ago...
There was something of a redemption a few days ago, with Tyla, MOB and Akavari coming back, however it was short-lived... It's gonna take a lot more for this side of the forums to go back to its former glory I guess...

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, i haven't been around for long but from all that i've seen and heard from old posts it used to be great out here. I remember at the time I joined up this topic was pretty rusty - there hadn't been a reply since cant-remember-when-but-definately-a-long-time-ago...
There was something of a redemption a few days ago, with Tyla, MOB and Akavari coming back, however it was short-lived... It's gonna take a lot more for this side of the forums to go back to its former glory I guess...

I'm one of the few forum veterans who comes on here, though I don't really post much besides GTA: Carcer City stuff. I'll be straight up honest, GTA V sort of killed any hope I had for the series' future, I say this because the fact Rockstar chose to reuse Los Santos shows that they're most likely going to stick with reusing the same locations and since V was just a massive pandering to SA fanboys, they're probably going to do Vice City next so I think that I'm going to stop doing GTA concepts after my Boston '77 concept.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

Anyone here ever try a mission tree to plan out in which order the missions will go? I'm giving it a try, but I blurred all of the missions so NOBODY will know what they were!  :devil:

Spoiler

JXQAE.jpg

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'm one of the few forum veterans who comes on here, though I don't really post much besides GTA: Carcer City stuff. I'll be straight up honest, GTA V sort of killed any hope I had for the series' future, I say this because the fact Rockstar chose to reuse Los Santos shows that they're most likely going to stick with reusing the same locations and since V was just a massive pandering to SA fanboys, they're probably going to do Vice City next so I think that I'm going to stop doing GTA concepts after my Boston '77 concept.

yeah, the opportunities for a V DLC don't seem so plentiful as they did with IV. what with the multiple endings and the handful of DLC-worthy characters mostly with unexplained fates (the gunmen and drivers from Heists for instance) it feels like V's pretty much filled its boots unless it was to be a prequel.

on a personal level I feel a bit put out by the whole idea on concept threads now if I'm totally honest; after someone (I wont name and shame) asked to borrow and idea or two and me being like "yeah man no sweat I didn't create the locations so feel free, just credit me etc" and the end result being a flagrant plagiarism of my ideas and even damn phrases, ideas that were born through the sleepless nights and monotonous boredom at work, I feel like I'd rather work on one of my Vietnam projects and work on it for myself, better that than the work I put into All In The Game being ripped off and getting a measly "credit to Claude4Catalina" line...whole lot of credit seeing as I pretty much wrote the thieving turd's concept for him!

/end rant... TL;DR I'm being a whiny bitch so don't put too much thought into what I've just written...those of you with half a brain can probably figure which concept I'm calling out.

XavMashes
  • XavMashes

Liberty City guy

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Sorry if I bother you but, yeah.

Tell me what do you guys about a GTA combining a revamped Vice City & Liberty City (without Alderney or Dukes because of a "Mandy" super storm), following the story of an uprising member of The Lost MC (After the rampage of Trevor Philips, The Lost moved to Vice City's downtown), his girlfriend (non playable main character), and the middle-aged son of a high ranked criminal business man.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

You morbid bastards. I am not dead. I am not happy to learn of my untimely demise at all. Grovel. :angry:

No, I'm doing this college thing now. I'm neck deep in assignments, not limestone. With work also it doesn't leave me with much time.

Phil. I'm actually doing one of those "tree" plans for college and it's a f*cking pain in the arse. If it works for you, why the hell not use it?

Seeing we've hit 1,000 posts in here recently, I'm welling up over here. I'll always have a soft spot for this place; it filled in the gaps left by a lack of any education. Expect me to look over your threads when I have time but I can't stress this enough: help each other out. Take the time to leave feedback and comments. Do not expect any in return if you cannot take the time out to do that for others. That goes for the lot of you, not just loud boy up there. Another thing I will make clear. We are not here to write concepts for you. This topic has never been about that and never will.

As I've seen my name banded about above alongside rightful legends such as Akavari and MOB, I'd like to use this post to point something out. All mentioned had successful concepts at one time or another. They weren't all great. I know I've made some right stinkers. I highly doubt they'd have been as successful if we hadn't all taken the time out to support one another's threads. I don't give a f*ck if you're a BAFTA winning writer. You get what you give. You want that feedback you make a point of dropping a comment on every concept you see.

Hell, if it will remedy any ill feeling, I will personally take the time out weekly to compile the list of people and their topics who want feedback and post it here to see that it is given.

@XavMashes

I don't like this at all. The first problem is The Lost. From what we're told everything they had left upped sticks and moved out to LS from LC. We're meant to believe they were all wiped out by Trevor, so what would be left over to move to Vice City? Them being in Vice just feels tacked on: a cheap replacement for Mitch Baker's club. Also, I don't buy anyone rising up the ranks of The Lost: what is there left to rise up? Who in their right mind would want to wear a TLMC patch after the embarrassment they endured during their time on the West Coast?

Second issue is with the location. The Lost without Alderney is like Vercetti without his Hawaiian Shirt - it just don't wear. There's so much history there. Sure, they had the Broker chapter but I'll always consider them a bunch of Alderney pisslickers. "Mandy" seems like a reason to get rid of Dukes because it was the most boring of the five boroughs. Me personally, I'd can Algonquin because of the super storm and incorporate bridges from Broker to a destroyed Alderney into your map with a possible incarnation of Staten Island to boot.

If you have everything written up and ready to post already, get 'er done. Don't listen to a naysayer like me telling 'ya you can't do it. Prove me wrong and send me a link when it's live.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Hmmm, I could somewhat see this working quite well. I mean these two protagonists contrast very well. On one hand you've got the biker who's intention is to stick it to (as Billy Grey puts it) "All the yuppied, hippies and motherf*cking deadbeats", on the other you'll have (who I assume is) a rich, spoiled and self entitled brat who's insistant on everything going his way.

It seems somewhat reminiscent of Trevor and Michael, but I could see them clashing a lot more as they're new to each other.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Phil. I'm actually doing one of those "tree" plans for college and it's a f*cking pain in the arse. If it works for you, why the hell not use it?

That's literally the first time I tried one and I'll be legit honest, it's a great way to keep track of where the plot's going. What mission goes where, which one unlocks what, etc.

What're you doing a tree plan for college for? They seem pretty straightforward for me, kinda like a "chose your own adventure" game.

collegehumor.fd6cc75d14f2b324a888ec8adf8

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

with AITG I did a similar thing to keep track of all the different gang hierarchies. Made it so simple to plan out who held what rank/title when it came to writing in the smaller bit part characters, with almost every generic goon with dialogue being named; it really does help to keep track of who is who, and so you don't end up with someone who was previously just a foot soldier suddenly giving orders to the dude above your playable characters. my technique for planning out missions was to start up a word document and write a blow by blow summary of the story, separating each mission into its own little two line-paragraph, and once I've written up that mission, just change the colour of it to red.

what is everyone else's little writing tricks and hacks? might as well try and get some conversation out of this place haha

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

with AITG I did a similar thing to keep track of all the different gang hierarchies. Made it so simple to plan out who held what rank/title when it came to writing in the smaller bit part characters, with almost every generic goon with dialogue being named; it really does help to keep track of who is who, and so you don't end up with someone who was previously just a foot soldier suddenly giving orders to the dude above your playable characters. my technique for planning out missions was to start up a word document and write a blow by blow summary of the story, separating each mission into its own little two line-paragraph, and once I've written up that mission, just change the colour of it to red.

what is everyone else's little writing tricks and hacks? might as well try and get some conversation out of this place haha

Honestly I usually just zone out experimenting with tables and layouts with incredulous OCD. I keep a notepad to keep track of ideas and try to look up anything that can contribute to what I'm doing.

I still don't get enough done though, otherwise I wouldn't have three incomplete WIPs. I ought to dedicate more time to sitting and focusing on them, but it's hard to balance an eccentric hobby like this with fulfilling your obligations to the surface world.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Thinking about making a concept set in the rural Appalachian mountains with only like one mid sized town. As kind of a DLC to my BIB concept. What do you guys think of having an almost entirely rural gta setting?

Honestly I usually just zone out experimenting with tables and layouts with incredulous OCD. I keep a notepad to keep track of ideas and try to look up anything that can contribute to what I'm doing.

I still don't get enough done though, otherwise I wouldn't have three incomplete WIPs. I ought to dedicate more time to sitting and focusing on them, but it's hard to balance an eccentric hobby like this with fulfilling your obligations to the surface world.

And when you are writing a concept you get cool ideas for a different settings or story so you start another one thinking you can handle two at a time but then you realize you cant and end up with multiple WIPs I've been there :p
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Thinking about making a concept set in the rural Appalachian mountains with only like one mid sized town. As kind of a DLC to my BIB concept. What do you guys think of having an almost entirely rural gta setting?

That's what I'm doing for that mod and it's working good.

Out of wondering, which part of the Appalachians are you going to set it in? The northern, rust belt-ey part or the southern redneckey part?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:42 PM Edited by gtamann123, 15 March 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Out of wondering, which part of the Appalachians are you going to set it in? The northern, rust belt-ey part or the southern redneckey part?
Rednecky part but with elements of the rust belt area. It really isnt going to be based on any specific area or city just Appalachia in general. I already started drawing a map. Its going to be called GTA: Beaverside county

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Rednecky part but with elements of the rust belt area. It really isnt going to be based on any specific area or city just Appalachia in general. I already started drawing a map. Its going to be called GTA: Beaverside county

Beaverside? That sounds like it could work. Better than the name I picked for my place. Last name + ville = Barberville. Quite insane.

So I guess you're not basing it off any specific city or town? The one I'm basing my map off of is like a mishmash of Cumberland, Frostburg, and other Western Maryland/Southern Pennsylvania towns.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Beaverside? That sounds like it could work. Better than the name I picked for my place. Last name + ville = Barberville. Quite insane.

So I guess you're not basing it off any specific city or town? The one I'm basing my map off of is like a mishmash of Cumberland, Frostburg, and other Western Maryland/Southern Pennsylvania towns.

It was originally going to be set in Riverside county California (original setting of breaking bad) so thats where the name came from really. But when I switched it to Appalachia the name stuck. And yeah not really base on any real towns just a fictional appalachian county

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

It was originally going to be set in Riverside county California (original setting of breaking bad) so thats where the name came from really. But when I switched it to Appalachia the name stuck. And yeah not really base on any real towns just a fictional appalachian county

Sounds wicked cool. Best of luck amigo, can't wait to see small town Appalachia in the 1980s :p

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by gtamann123, 15 March 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Yeah it will be interesting. But it may not be for a while because I want to get the original BIB concept pretty much finished befor I start Beaverside. And I already have my next concept planned. A large state that includes Las Venturas, Salt Lake City, And Seattle. With Desert between LV and SLC and rugged mountains between SLC and Seattle. Probably set in the mid 90s or maybe even in 2003 or 2004 havent really decided yet. But the map will be massive

I also want to make a Midwestern GTA that includes Chicago, Detroit, And Cleveland but that would be taking on too much :p

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 15 March 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Yeah it will be interesting. But it may not be for a while because I want to get the original BIB concept pretty much finished befor I start Beaverside. And I already have my next concept planned. A large state that includes Las Venturas, Salt Lake City, And Seattle. With Desert between LV and SLC and rugged mountains between SLC and Seattle. Probably set in the mid 90s or maybe even in 2003 or 2004 havent really decided yet. But the map will be massive

I also want to make a Midwestern GTA that includes Chicago, Detroit, And Cleveland but that would be taking on too much :p

Chicago? Sounds great.  :cool:

Spoiler

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

what's the general opinion on mission packs? I know my dissident opinion on concept writing was stated above, but all the while I'm playing GTA V, I'm coming up with ideas. think of them as mini concept threads, a set storyline for a small fee, like literally a couple of quid, set an indefinite amount of time after the main story(C being the cannon ending in my honest opinion) wherein Lester calls all three characters to his place with the chance of making some extra money. basically each mission pack would focus around a money making opportunity and have about five missions in each pack; #1 would be to case the joint, 2-3 or 4 would be heist set up missions then the 4th or 5th would be the actual heist itself and any clean up missions; if its a lower paying job but needs an extra hand, the extra hand would be sloppy/or a snitch (independent variable) and the clean up would be to go silence the snitch. the other kind of clean up would be retrieving the score after a cool-off period has passed (can be started immediately in game) and, for instance, Mike and Frank need to fend off waves of enemies until Trevor can chopper in and pick it up. I'm thinking of doing a few of these mission packs, like a bank job, a cash depot heist, sticking up a cash exchange etc...just something to inject some light hearted shootouts with a touch of linearity into the concept world, given how V didn't feel as prosperous for concepts as IV did.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 16 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

This summer I'm going to make a new concept art. It will, like GTA: Windy City, midwestern story.

Only small announcement, people.  :)

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

@C4C Mission packs sound like a cool idea, though i'm not sure how they would do in terms of practicality. Adding tens of thousands of new threads just to add a few independent or DLC-like batch of missions just don't seem practical. One thread for all of them may be more practical. I don't know, but to me they seem perfect for GTAO expansions... Even I get millions of ideas that are similar to mission packs. Should there be a mission pack topic? Maybe.

Oh, and btw, to the earlier post, I improvise using MS word while writing missions, for my current and only concept so far. One document hold the list and plot, and all the missions in other separate documents.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Made some fanart for a Las Venturas set GTAV DLC

44X5uY0.jpg?1

• Claude4Catalina and gtamann123 like this

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

@Gregers08 - this is not a visual arts topic, this is where concept writers discuss any or all problems, features and ask for help related to their concepts. Post that in the Visual arts - Expression forum.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Made some fanart for a Las Venturas set GTAV DLC

44X5uY0.jpg?1

looks good man! you planning on writing the DLC? if you're writing is as good as your drawing, I guess we're in for a treat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users