Photo

The Creators Lounge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by Osric, 06 February 2014 - 02:40 AM.

US/Mexico Border? I like the idea personally.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

What do people think of the U.S./Mexico border as a setting? I've seen a couple of threads tackle the concept, but was thinking of doing one of my own to compliment my older GTA Las Venturas thread. Does anybody have any thoughts?

I always liked the idea of U.S/Mexico border based GTA. Once I was planning something on a "U.S/Mexico border" based GTA about half white half Mexican guy who starts to work at his cousin's transportation company due to financial issues. However, it were only about schemes though, not much solid process I had with it.

As far as I remember, like you said, there were some raw concepts about the concept but they only sounded "unfinished". It will be better to see a complete concept about that region. These two were the most evident ones in my opinion. 

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

I was thinking something along the lines of a Mexican/Central American immigrant who is smuggled across the border into the U.S. You become involved in the local street gangs who are pushing product for the cartels. Eventually you are put in touch with the cartels who give you a fake passport in exchange for helping them smuggle goods across the border. Obviously you then become embroiled in the ongoing drug war between the various cartels.

Setting wise I was thinking of El Paso/Ciduad Juarez (El Camino/Ciduad Tejade and including areas within Texas and Chihuaha.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

I had an idea, an old idea I never really worked on, but I will work on now.

This idea is an HD remake concept of my favorite of the 3D Era games, Liberty City Stories. I remember LCS was pretty big back in late 2005/early 2006, not as big as San Andreas was, but still pretty cool. After VCS was released and IV was announced shortly after, LCS then kinda faded away and is now a very underrated title.

I'd do all three major islands and a mainland rural area near Liberty City. The storyline would have to be extended but I could easily do that.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

Even though I'm already working on a concept thead I've got an idea for one after I've managed to complete GTA '76.

I haven't thought too far through it yet, so I'm not sure how well it will work. But has anyone ever seen the movie Four Brothers? The basic premise is that you have four, adopted brothers from seperate backgrounds who team up to find the murderer of their adopted mother. I was thinking through something like this, but maybe with three instead if four. Like I said, I'm not getting too far ahead of myself, but I want to know if you think there's any substance in it.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

Give me SF!

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I've recently read biography of a persian rapper, "Reza Pishro". I think I will use he and his brothers life in my concept one day! It's so interesting, see...

When he was 3 years old, his father got killed. His mother married another man next year and born two kids who are also musicians, now. While kids like this have problems with their brothers usually, Reza, Ali and Omid have a tight relationship. Reza and Ali are two of Iran's best rappers, and Omid is a talented beat composer.

This gets more interesting when you get to know I was thinking about Carl Bateson's life before when the game starts and I think this idea works well: Carl Bateson, having two brothers who are also criminals. However, this is just a start to "Black Mob Story" project, the fifth episode of "Ultimate"

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by universetwisters, 06 February 2014 - 09:00 PM.

So Tyla inspired me to post what I'm writing here. It's for a GTA total conversion mod, set in Ludendorff, and this here's the first mission. I'm copy/pasting it from the site, so bear with me and stuff. The protagonist is Liz, and all that fun stuff. Feedback/crits are welcome.

The camera opens up on various people in Digital Underground dancing as the opening credits roll and "Friends" by Scooter begins playing. After the opening credits finish, the scene then cuts to the interior of the office in Digital Underground and focuses on Liz, who has her feet up on the desk and is snoring loudly. Kane walks in with a bottle of Sprunk and notices Liz sleeping. Kane slams the door behind him to try to get her to wake up. Liz wakes up, surprised and shocked, as Kane sits down on a dingy couch located nearby and Liz readjusts herself

Kane: You can't sleep through a door slamming, but you can sleep through 155 decibels of gabber music.

Liz: Yeah, I gotta get my priorities in check...Todd on his way?

Kane: Yeah, he's just running by Brutal Burger to get some sh*t for us.

Liz: How about Trey? He comming 'round?

Kane: Nope, said something about trying to down some aliens wandering around his fields.

Liz: *Laughs* People never change.

Kane: Yeah...also, uh...you know that Nazi dude, Larry?

Liz: What's he want, still hanging around?

Kane: Oh no, mercifully not...at least not him-

Liz: What?

Kane: Turns out a buddy of his is selling drugs 'round here. I don't know the name, though, just the face. Probably some stupid c*nt.

Liz: And you didn't do anything about him!?

Kane: I mean, I didn't know his intentions-

Liz gets out of her chair and rushes out the door as Kane tries to talk to Liz. Liz then walks through a crowd of people to the dancefloor and eventually finds c*nt selling drugs in a corner. Liz gets up into c*nt's face as she yells out to the rest of the club

Liz: Put the f*cking music off! I got sh*t to do! *Turns To c*nt* You stupid f*cking Nazi c*nt! What the f*ck're you doing here!?

c*nt: Leave me be, yeah? I'm just trying to make some money for the Aryan-

Liz: For f*ck's sake, this is the third time this month you've been here for Larry! Remember what I said would happen you come around here last time!?

c*nt: Yeah, I remember, so f*cking bring it on!

The player gains control of Liz. The player is instructed to beat up c*nt in the club

The player beats up c*nt. After beating him up, a short cutscene occurs

c*nt picking himself up from the ground as Liz walks around him

Liz: Now, don't you f*cking come back 'round here or you'll get worse than hurt! Got it!?

c*nt finishes bringing himself to his feet, pushes Liz over, and makes a run to the exit. Liz picks herself up and runs out the exit after c*nt. The scene then cuts to the outside of the club. Liz is exiting the front door as c*nt runs across the street to where he parked his car. Suddenly, Todd's car comes out of nowhere and hit's c*nt. Todd stops his car and exits it as he tries to talk to c*nt, who picked himself up and is hobbling across the road

Todd: Hey man, you okay?

c*nt enters his car and struggles to start the motor as Liz runs up to Todd's car, pushes Todd into the passenger seat, and seats herself in the driver's seat, all as Todd's yelling out to her

Todd: Hey-Liz! What the f*ck're you doing to my uncle's car!?

Liz: *Over Todd* Just sit back and shut up, I got business to do!

The player gains control of Liz. The player is instructed to chase c*nt in Todd's Nebula. During the chase, a conversation erupts

Todd: Liz, what you doing, stealing my uncle's car!? 

Liz: That f*cking dude you hit, Todd, you should've kept going!

Todd: Why?

Liz: f*cking Nazi scum that's gotta be wiped off the face of this here earth-

Todd: Starting here in North Yankton?

Liz: Yes Todd, precisley starting here in North Yankton!

Todd: Oh...I hate North Yankton Nazis.

Liz: Yeah, right with you-

Todd: Don't wreck my uncle's car, will you?

Liz: No promises.

Todd: *Sarcastically* Gee, thanks Liz.

c*nt eventually spins off the road and into a tree. The player is instructed to pull up Todd's car next to c*nt's wreck. While doing so, Todd & Liz make smalltalk

Todd: Holy sh*t, he ran himself up a tree!

Liz: I'm acutley aware of that.

The player parks next to c*nt's wreck. After doing so, a cutscene occurs

c*nt staggers out of the wrecked car and falls onto the ground. Liz walks up to c*nt and kicks him onto his back. Once c*nt's laying on his back, Liz puts her foot on his neck as Todd stands on the other side of c*nt. At this point, Liz addresses c*nt

Liz: Shut the f*ck up! Did Larry send you here!?

c*nt nods his head

Liz: You tell f*cking Larry if he ever comes 'round here again, him or his buddies, he's gonna be swallowing his teeth, you f*cking c*nt!

Liz steps on c*nt's neck even harder

Liz: Sie wollen mehr, Fotze!? (You want more, c*nt!?)

c*nt: N-no, no-

Liz: Good, now go, get the f*ck out of here.

Liz lifts her foot off c*nt's neck. c*nt slowly picks himself up and limps away for a few seconds before Liz yells out to him

Liz: Get!

c*nt begins limping away faster. As he limps away, Liz turns to Todd

Liz: So yeah, uh...thanks for letting me-

Todd: Yeah, yeah...no problem.

Liz: Anyway, you'd better split out of here before the pigs start snooping around here.

Todd: You want a ride?

Liz: Nah, I'm fine.

Todd: Alright, so let's hang out soon, yeah?

Liz: Yeah, sure.

Todd enters his car and drives away as Liz waves goodbye

Mission passed. After the mission, Liz gets a text message from Trey

Trey's Text: yo amigo i finally got them guns in the mail today if u and the others wanna swing by the stor an check them out. make sur ur not followed

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:15 PM Edited by Tyla, 06 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

I support any US/Mexico Border setting entirely. Like Detroit, it's the perfect case for a look at the flip side of the American Dream. The early simplicity of working through deals on the street up to getting a fake passport from the cartels appeals to me greatly. Do it, OSC.

I had an idea, an old idea I never really worked on, but I will work on now.

This idea is an HD remake concept of my favorite of the 3D Era games, Liberty City Stories. I remember LCS was pretty big back in late 2005/early 2006, not as big as San Andreas was, but still pretty cool. After VCS was released and IV was announced shortly after, LCS then kinda faded away and is now a very underrated title.

I'd do all three major islands and a mainland rural area near Liberty City. The storyline would have to be extended but I could easily do that.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do here. An HD remake of Liberty City Stories, with an exact same - but extended storyline?

I have to shoot down the appeal of HD remake right off the bat. Unless you're a hot shot modder with ENB abilities to make III-era Liberty City look futuristic in it's graphics, there's little way you can portray a graphical upgrade beyond Toni speeds through Saint Marks, now in 35fps.

I like Liberty City Stories. I have fond memories of playing it on the toilet. Would I enjoy a faithful retelling of it's story span though? I'm not too sure.

If you must re-run it, consider a prequel. We don't know who Toni clipped for the Leones (although I have a feeling it should be CJ) and we know little of the events after the major f*ck-up with Caligula's in Venturas and how Leone - Forelli - Sindacco relations were strained in Liberty City afterwards.

Even though I'm already working on a concept thead I've got an idea for one after I've managed to complete GTA '76.

I haven't thought too far through it yet, so I'm not sure how well it will work. But has anyone ever seen the movie Four Brothers? The basic premise is that you have four, adopted brothers from seperate backgrounds who team up to find the murderer of their adopted mother. I was thinking through something like this, but maybe with three instead if four. Like I said, I'm not getting too far ahead of myself, but I want to know if you think there's any substance in it.

I haven't seen the movie (should I?) but I think I saw you post somewhere about this the other day on here?

I think there's substance to it and you seem to have a handle on multiple characters, which is a major plus point to my interest. What captures my curiosity is there's basically three adoptive brothers, each with their own backgrounds and motives but ultimately working towards locating the murderer of their adoptive mother. Would her murder be senseless violence or premeditated? Tell us more!

Culling the amount of brothers from four to three is a smart idea. Too many brothers and you'll risk tripping over themselves.

Edit:

Oh, and universetwisters total conversion missions are well worth the read, fellas. Give him some feedback.

• universetwisters likes this

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

I'm addicted to making GTA logos it appears:

HgJrbrm.png

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

@Tyla, I was thinking maybe some sort of premeditated murder. I won't think too deep into this yet however. And I would say if you have some spare time on your hands Four Brothers isn't a bad movie to watch, it's nothing exceptional but isn't bad at the same time.

And yeah I am a big fan of the multiple protagonists thing when it comes to story telling. Even though IV had a better plot than V (my opinion), if it's done right I think it opens up a fair few doors for better story telling. One major thing I had a problem with when it came to every other GTA is the fact that one character has to be there at every major event, and always be thrown into the centre of the action.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

@Tyla, I was thinking maybe some sort of premeditated murder. I won't think too deep into this yet however. And I would say if you have some spare time on your hands Four Brothers isn't a bad movie to watch, it's nothing exceptional but isn't bad at the same time.

And yeah I am a big fan of the multiple protagonists thing when it comes to story telling. Even though IV had a better plot than V (my opinion), if it's done right I think it opens up a fair few doors for better story telling. One major thing I had a problem with when it came to every other GTA is the fact that one character has to be there at every major event, and always be thrown into the centre of the action.

I know my mod (which I posted above) doesn't have any multiple protagonists. Outside of a coding standpoint, it's hard to write for a story. Sure, it's got it's pros, but it also has it's cons, which seem to outweigh the pros in GTA 5

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I see your point universetwisters. Personally I feel that multiple protagonists is great, however I feel that the reason it sucked in V was because they didn't have enough missions to develop three seperate characters. Then there's also the fact that they made little attempt to develop the characters in V, plus there's Trevor... But badmouthing him around the forums seems to open up a sh*tstorm, so I'll avoid going any further.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I think I know what you mean...be cool if Rockstar ventured into third person shooter territory and put out a game featuring the GTA V random ped 'Clinton', found in Sandy Shores; he's a Vietnam veteran going by his dialogue, and I think it'd be amazing if Rockstar really stepped out of the genre everyone expects from them and still ties it to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. keep the COD-style start up menus and such; but imagine Rockstar's take on 60's pop culture! think about how they captured the 1980's so well with Vice City, the music, the action movie weapons and cars, the way people dressed! I think Rockstar's take on the issues of the 60's (racism at home, fighting an unjust war, hippies etc) would go hand in hand with their sense of humour. could also make Clinton the father of Franklin Clinton (in line with how men are referred to as Private Smith or Lieutenant Jones in the AF) who split soon after Frank was born in the late 80's, make the entire game part of a series of flashbacks, how snippets of Clinton's life in Sandy Shores, monologues on who he f*cked up with his son etc

well, a man can dream.

posted that in another thread, what do you guys think? I was considering a re-write of my Vietnam concept anyone, so kill two birds with one stone and give this something like this a go?  Clinton's dialogue hints a lot at what he'd done in the war "I called in the airstrike...me?!"  phrases like that incinuate he was nothing special; likely the only dude close enough to the Platoon radio when sh*t hit the fan.  be cool to give some minor characters a bit of context too.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

I made another mission for the TC mod I'm doing. I won't mention why Liz is in hiding at the beginning, considering the spoilers. It should also be worth noting that Willem's a South African gun smuggler who moved to America who employs Liz to do work. He's kinda like a mentor to her, if you wanna look at it like that.

During regular gameplay, Liz gets a call from Willem

Willem: Liz, I needed to ask a favor of you-

Liz: Can't it wait? I've got some guys who got a price on my head-

Willem: Price, what?

Liz: Yeah, I pissed off some nazi punks and cyber-f*ck punks and now they want me dead.

Willem: Yikes. Anyway, if you're up for making some human contact, swing by my place. I got a job for you.

Willem hangs up. The mission is now available at Willem's mansion. Once the mission is started, a cutscene occurs

Liz rings Willem's doorbell. After a few seconds, Willem answers it and invites Liz inside

Willem: Glad you made it.

Liz walks into the mansion as Willem closes the door behind her

Liz: So, you said you needed a job, and I need something to keep my mind off the fact that some crazed nutters want to kill me-

Willem: Aren't you one of those? I mean...you just wear different clothes and listen to different music, no?

Liz: Yeah...wait, no. What's the job you got for me?

Willem: Ah, yes. Can you fly?

Liz: What, like helicopters?

Willem: Helicopters, planes, all that sort.

Liz: Yeah, I played my share of "Motor Vehicle Theft". What kind of plane is it?

Willem grins and pulls up a picture of a helicopter on his phone and shows it to Liz. Liz looks at it as Willem talks

Willem: That there's a Cargobob Helicopter, built by the Western Company in the 1960s. I need one to hijack a ship with before I sell it to a private buyer in Sierra Leone-

Liz: Hijack a ship?

Willem: Yes, but I'll get to that later. The helicopter's being kept at the airport nearby, being maintained by a military enthusiast. Get it, and bring it here.

Liz: I'm gonna warn you, though. I don't know how to fly helicopters. My buddy might, though, but-

Willem: Liz...Liz, the first thing you gotta know about this job is that you gotta take chances. I would've never gotten to where I am today without taking chances. Look at all this I got, a big house in the mountains, classic cars from all over the world, and the world at my fingertips. That being said, think you can do it?

Liz puts her fist to her mouth as she thinks

Liz: If I crash into a building and die in a fiery crash, at least I'll die doing something productive. Consider it done.

Liz walks out of Willem's mansion as Willem waves goodbye

The player gains control of Liz. The player is instructed to go to the airport

The player arrives at the airport. The player is then instructed to find the Cargobob. During the search, Liz talks to herself

Liz: Let's see, if I were to keep a military-grade helicopter, where would I put it?

The player finds the Cargobob, being cleaned by an enthusiast. The player is then instructed to steal the Cargobob. During the process, Liz threatens the enthusiast

Liz: Hey, I'm taking this chopper now, you f*cking c*nt!

Enthusiast: You can't take this from me! I flew helicopters like these during the war!

Liz: How emotional. Now, do you wanna play ball or get thrown out of this bird at a thousand feet up in the air, you cocksucker?

The enthusiast runs away in terror

The player enters the helicopter. After entering the helicopter, Liz mutters to herself

Liz: I hope to god those "self destruct" buttons don't exist in real life.

The player is then instructed to fly to a field near Willem's mansion. During the flight, Liz calls Willem

Liz: I got your bird, amigo. Where you want it?

Willem: Land it by the field by my house.

Liz: Alrighty then, I'll see you there-

Willem: Wait, before you go, you said you had a friend who knew how to fly helicopters?

Liz: I don't know for sure, he might though.

Willem: Who is he?

Liz: Todd's uncle, Neil. I think he was a paratrooper during the war in Panama, or Peru, or whatever.

Willem: Right...well, I'll see you soon.

Willem hangs up

The player lands the helicopter in the field. After landing it, a short cutscene occurs

Liz exits the helicopter as Henk, Willem's nephew, walks up to it

Liz: Who the f*ck are you?

Henk: Willem's nephew, Henk. I'm guessing you're Liz?

Liz: *Sarcastically* No, I'm the tooth fairy.

Henk: Ha, very funny. My uncle said for me to take this chopper and put it where we need it-

Liz: Where you need it?

Henk: Out around Lake Erie.

Liz: Lake Erie?

Henk: Yeah, he told you about the ship, didn't he?

Liz: *Interrupting near end* Yeah, yeah, I remember.

Henk: Right. So...that's that.

Liz shrugs and walks away as Henk enters the helicopter and flies away

Mission Passed

• Tyla likes this

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by sethpenguin, 07 February 2014 - 10:01 PM.

Does anybody know how to do tables? I need to do them for my Carcer City thread and I haven't done them in such a long time so I don't remember how to do them.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Does anybody know how to do tables? I need to do them for my Carcer City thread and I haven't done them in such a long time so I don't remember how to do them.

There was a topic that helps with BB codes, tables and such:
LINK

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Sorry for double posting, but I am getting bombarded with ideas that I want to do after finishing EC79. It's in my nature, I guess...! Anyway, I wanted to share them with you:
  • Set in 1986, in the east coast (NYC, Philly, Boston, B'more, AC), Revolving around drug trade and have an undercover cop as a protag trying to capture a drug lord
  • Set in 1993, in NYC, Philly, B'more and DC, revolving around gangs, different protags with different gangs
  • Cross-country heist (I probably mentioned it in page 29 I guess)
  • GTA V DLC set in the Midwest, preferably North Yankton (working on the time period) following Michael Townley's story before GTA V, protag may or may not be Michael
I know, it's way too much to do after EC79, which is far from finished, but i'll try as hard as I can, especially after I get a new connection.
So... any thoughts?

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 08 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

@bengalboy: Those ideas sound cool, you should consider them. I know what you think because I have lot in my mind, too. I recently started with "State On The Edge Of Forever" but I've so much ideas to be carried out in my mind. I suggest you to try to work them along with EC79 but by giving EC79 a priority. Here are my ideas:

• One of them is a Vice City sequel called "The Valley Of The Vultures", following the story of three men who are willingly or unwillingly lookin up to get on the top of the Vice City criminal food chain, after Vercetti's demise, in 1995. Here's all what you're meant to know for now.

• I forgot to mention but there was another thing I was planning about "U.S/Mexico border" thing. Although I was planning it as a totally independent project, I now think it'd work for GTA. I've had planned four protagonists: a young woman who is kidnapped and forced to prostitution, a crazy redneck with military background (I had been thinking giving him a war background, too) who serves as muscle for drug gangs, a retired or fallen Mexican drug lord and a young but successful redneck thief who is on the pursuit of an almighty dollar (loosely based on Brad Pitt's character JD in the movie "Thelma & Louise"). Although, generally having different storylines, these four people's way cross when CIA forms a four-men team and makes them do their dirty works. It's kind of crazy, like I said, I started with an independent projects, actually there was "brain-washing" or some other science-fi sh*t in the original but I thought a solid story would be better, so I cut of some crazy sh*t. I shared it now, could be useful for a GTA project.

• Also I'm willing to do something about Detroit (one of my favourite settings for a possible GTA) but I have no piece of an idea about that.

Now writing the second part of Chapter I of "State On The Edge Of Forever" but it's notably long though.

I'm happy to see Baltimore as a setting for your next projects, as an ultimate fan of "The Wire". 

Also about GTA V DLC, maybe you should go with multiple protags, you could consider different protag or protags besides Michael (if Michael becomes the protag I mean). Maybe sticking up one protagonist from whose perspective we may see Michael's NY story could be a good idea.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

@TheUnholy - Thanks! And your ideas also sound really cool! Especially 'The Valley of the Vultures'. It would be awesome to see Vice City in a different way. As for the U.S./Mexico border thing, I think it has great potential too. BTW, which part of the border are you setting it in? Actually i'm still new to concept-making so my opinions aren't the same level as the others here who have been around for a long time, but I still try to give it all I got - and yes I am giving EC79 priority. Also I've been meaning to drop a comment on SOTEOF (that's the abbreviated form, right?), maybe sometime when I have a little less work. Thanks again!

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 08 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

@TheUnholy - Thanks! And your ideas also sound really cool! Especially 'The Valley of the Vultures'. It would be awesome to see Vice City in a different way. As for the U.S./Mexico border thing, I think it has great potential too. BTW, which part of the border are you setting it in? Actually i'm still new to concept-making so my opinions aren't the same level as the others here who have been around for a long time, but I still try to give it all I got - and yes I am giving EC79 priority. Also I've been meaning to drop a comment on SOTEOF (that's the abbreviated form, right?), maybe sometime when I have a little less work. Thanks again!

Yes, I guess short for State On The Edge Of Forever is SOTEOF. :D Forgot to tell it, during very very earliest processes of this U.S/Mexico border project I'd like to set Texas as one of the main settings. Probably Texas and New Mexico will be included in the project, maybe Arizona (not so sure). I'll be in touch.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I found this again, made it a while ago to "advertise" my Las Venturas thread. Might try and make some more in the future:

gtalvposter.jpg

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

Everyone should find the time to drop a comment on SOTEOF. Remarkable amount of effort by TheUnholy.

Sorry for double posting, but I am getting bombarded with ideas that I want to do after finishing EC79. It's in my nature, I guess...! Anyway, I wanted to share them with you:

• Set in 1986, in the east coast (NYC, Philly, Boston, B'more, AC), Revolving around drug trade and have an undercover cop as a protag trying to capture a drug lord
  • Set in 1993, in NYC, Philly, B'more and DC, revolving around gangs, different protags with different gangs
  • Cross-country heist (I probably mentioned it in page 29 I guess)
  • GTA V DLC set in the Midwest, preferably North Yankton (working on the time period) following Michael Townley's story before GTA V, protag may or may not be Michael
I know, it's way too much to do after EC79, which is far from finished, but i'll try as hard as I can, especially after I get a new connection.
So... any thoughts?

I think you could probably condense your workload on the first two ideas by making them 'canon' with EC79. Retain places, show us what becomes of characters if they survive EC79's story, keep certain vehicles and radio stations all while adding the necessary updates. Four of those five cities you've already done; if you invest some time now and again into researching Baltimore you shouldn't find it that challenging. Especially with your ability to handle multiple cities.

My only issue is with your first story. I love the idea of playing an undercover cop, but I have doubts towards their suitability to multiple cities. Jurisdiction would surely be an issue?

Third idea is my preferred but I also like the idea of a GTA V DLC. For time period, I would say early-to-mid 1990s: a time where Michael's kids are too young to have a mouth on them and Amanda's still whoring herself out. Michael and Trevor met in 1993 (according to GTA Wikia) and both Lester and Brad should be involved with them by that point.

Also about GTA V DLC, maybe you should go with multiple protags, you could consider different protag or protags besides Michael (if Michael becomes the protag I mean). Maybe sticking up one protagonist from whose perspective we may see Michael's NY story could be a good idea.

I also like this idea. I want to lend my support for Brad's potential as a protagonist while still delving into Michael's criminal past.

I think Brad should be absolutely sickening: a psychopath of the highest order. I also think he should suffer from some kind of split/multiple personality disorder, especially if you went with just the one protagonist (this being Brad,)

Give him three personalities. His natural, unlikable personality - a lecherous, entitled, egotistical personality and an unstable, violent personality that reflects sorely on an abusive past. The latter two personalities serve to represent Michael and Trevor. Ironically, the personality features they both despise the most about Brad are reflective of their own.

The only problem with a GTA V DLC is bringing it to a close. The events of the prologue (in 2004) just feel like they bring that chapter in Michael and Trevor's lives to a natural close. Having a 90s setting - while it is at the height of their criminal exploits - I imagine would be hard to draw to a close in the same way.

Much to ponder gentlemen.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

I made another poster for Las Venturas:

1qMqnYg.jpg

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

I made another poster for Las Venturas:

1qMqnYg.jpg

Groovy back-of-GTA-map-poster feel!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

Made another one, "Discover the Lost City of San Andreas":

MfUpW1j.jpg

Tyla
  • Tyla

Dressed To Kill

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

I think I know what you mean...be cool if Rockstar ventured into third person shooter territory and put out a game featuring the GTA V random ped 'Clinton', found in Sandy Shores; he's a Vietnam veteran going by his dialogue, and I think it'd be amazing if Rockstar really stepped out of the genre everyone expects from them and still ties it to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. keep the COD-style start up menus and such; but imagine Rockstar's take on 60's pop culture! think about how they captured the 1980's so well with Vice City, the music, the action movie weapons and cars, the way people dressed! I think Rockstar's take on the issues of the 60's (racism at home, fighting an unjust war, hippies etc) would go hand in hand with their sense of humour. could also make Clinton the father of Franklin Clinton (in line with how men are referred to as Private Smith or Lieutenant Jones in the AF) who split soon after Frank was born in the late 80's, make the entire game part of a series of flashbacks, how snippets of Clinton's life in Sandy Shores, monologues on who he f*cked up with his son etc

well, a man can dream.

posted that in another thread, what do you guys think? I was considering a re-write of my Vietnam concept anyone, so kill two birds with one stone and give this something like this a go?  Clinton's dialogue hints a lot at what he'd done in the war "I called in the airstrike...me?!"  phrases like that incinuate he was nothing special; likely the only dude close enough to the Platoon radio when sh*t hit the fan.  be cool to give some minor characters a bit of context too.

What are you aiming for? To do this entirely in Vietnam or to have part set during the conflict, part in flashbacks through US, GTA-inspired cities?

What then of the free-roam aspects? Would this be entirely story driven? That would render a lot of the vehicles, radio and clothes irrelevant, no? I haven't played COD so I don't know what it offers (apart from earaches.)

You'd need to expand on Clinton a LOT for me to buy him as a protagonist. I haven't heard all of his dialogues but what I have heard is a conflicting, almost trecherous mess. I'd say his value is of a blank canvas and to limit his ties to the connection with Franklin. You'll come up with much better than what was limitedly presented in the game.

• Claude4Catalina likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm trying to make a mental "picture" for a mission in which the protagonist and her buddies hijack a ship VIA dinghy, kill the crew, get the merchandise picked up by a helicopter, and sink the ship.

So far, it's basically a rip between "Captain Phillips" and "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

I feel like I've hit a brick wall with Las Venturas. Without putting in a lot of effort to revitalise a topic from over five years ago, I'm not sure I can bring it back to it's former glory. I'm wondering whether it's time to lay it to rest. Maybe restore some of the old content and leave it there for people to read.

In terms of future projects, I've been trying to find a location that hasn't been done before, or at least not in the depth I'd like to do it. But it seems people have been pretty creative and created concept threads for almost every city imaginable! I'm still contemplating U.S./Mexico border or I'm now considering revisiting London (after the success of Majestic City) but in a modern setting as not to conflict with Tyla's brilliant period piece.

The story will focus on a British-born Indian (or maybe Pakistani) character who has just got out of prison for drug-related charges. He initially wants to avoid getting back into a life of crime, but when he gets turned down for a job interview due to his criminal record, he is left no choice. Goaded on by his brother, who had taken his place after his fall several years ago, the character re-enters the world of drug dealing and crime. But he soon discovers that they are two little fish in a big pond. The game soon becomes a fight for survival as the begin to piss off some of the most powerful people in the criminal underworld.

What do people think?

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

So, I added the Radio Stations to EC79 thanks to Tyla! Check it out  :lol:

Also, Vehicles coming up ;)

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

Give me SF!

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

Last Week got finished, finally!

Check out 2 last missions, where Phil smiles for first time in the episode!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users