Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, you're right about Kane getting iced and don't worry, I've done my homework. :D

And it sure sounds like it! I won't push you to reveal any more of the plot. It already sounds great without too many spoilers. Greeks could work well. Why not give them some bloodthirsty Armenian muscle too.

There is also an interesting topic in the Vice City forum about the cut location "Gator Keys" that might provoke some map ideas, MM.

** E V E R Y O N E ! ! **

Shock horror, there's a new mission posted up in Grand Theft Auto IV: London :panic:

A kind fella bumped it from the depths of disregard and I've managed to bridge the gap between missions.

Check it out and leave a comment, even if it's only to marvel at the similarities between Trevor Philips and Raymond Caine.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

@Tyla: Huh? So you're going to continue working on it?

@Everyone: I wrote 4 new missions, and, I could definitely say they're all action-packed and long, Like missions in V. Now after showing Tim, I'm going to focus on Chin's adventures, showing episode's main antagonist and ending of episode.
That's when I start to work on "Last Week", which is a very short episode, in 10 missions or so.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 06 January 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Yeah, you're right about Kane getting iced and don't worry, I've done my homework. :D

And it sure sounds like it! I won't push you to reveal any more of the plot. It already sounds great without too many spoilers. Greeks could work well. Why not give them some bloodthirsty Armenian muscle too.

There is also an interesting topic in the Vice City forum about the cut location "Gator Keys" that might provoke some map ideas, MM.

** E V E R Y O N E ! ! **

Shock horror, there's a new mission posted up in Grand Theft Auto IV: London :panic:

A kind fella bumped it from the depths of disregard and I've managed to bridge the gap between missions.

Check it out and leave a comment, even if it's only to marvel at the similarities between Trevor Philips and Raymond Caine.

Thanks, man. Armenian muscles... I'm not so sure. Like I said, Greeks in my story are actually small-time, they're not big shot like the Greek in C4C's All In The Game. Actually they're kinda muscles for Russians in my story. Not so much of a spoiler, Ballas try to bond a good relationship with the Greek (regardless of their incapable leader) in order to get close with the Russians. Actually one little thing and I will shut up. :D One of my plans is DEA and C.R.A.S.H running together in order to decrease the gang and drug violence, is that good?

P.S: Going outside the town for my final exams, two weeks later, I will start to put the first bricks for "State On The Edge Of Forever". 

About the "London" concept, it's good to see it back. I've taken a look a bit and I can say that the new environment of the concept is awesome. I will drop a comment after I finish reading all the stuff that I haven't read. :)

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

@Tyla: Huh? So you're going to continue working on it?

Sure. I owe it to those who invested in it the first time around. I have rewritten the story. I have rewritten features. Originally, I had planned upward of thirty missions into it and lost the data. If you trawl through the back pages you'll see faint plot outlines of gold heists, bank jobs and so on. I've learnt my lesson and all my sh*t is backed up to Cloud now. At worst you'll get Google Theft Auto.

One of my plans is DEA and C.R.A.S.H running together in order to decrease the gang and drug violence, is that good?

Hmm. I think the intention of C.R.A.S.H was opposite, weren't they into actually increasing the gang violence so the Ballas, Families and Vagos would wipe each other out? They succeed in taking Families down (for a while anyway) but it seems more of  Tenpenny's messed up philosophy to clean up the streets than a conspiracy with DEA. DEA on their own could be good if they cultivate the power of the Loco Syndicate. Just my two cents!

P.S: Going outside the town for my final exams, two weeks later, I will start to put the first bricks for "State On The Edge Of Forever".

Best of luck with your exams :^:

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 07 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Hmm. I think the intention of C.R.A.S.H was opposite, weren't they into actually increasing the gang violence so the Ballas, Families and Vagos would wipe each other out? They succeed in taking Families down (for a while anyway) but it seems more of  Tenpenny's messed up philosophy to clean up the streets than a conspiracy with DEA. DEA on their own could be good if they cultivate the power of the Loco Syndicate. Just my two cents!

Actually I couldn't be clear enough. It's more like DEA supervising C.R.A.S.H's work in the street. The plan's been DEA sending a young, ambitious agent keep an eye on the things, learn how they doing in the streets of Los Santos but this gets into a much more bigger blob of sh*t than it actually can be. However, I always considered it to be one of the scratches and I have not been sure to do that. But DEA and FBI will take a part in the story I owe, because "State On The Edge Of Forever" is more than a hood story, it tells about a whole state that is corroded with corruption and improbity. To be honest, I've only Chapter I %97 clear in my mind, I don't have so much of a plan with other chapters, just little thoughts. But there's some possible "finale" thoughts in my mind and especially these two law groups DEA and FBI will play important roles towards the end of the story.And I'm thinking of several endings for the story.

Also another question is what government agency Mike Toreno is in? I know it's ambigious but meanwhile some claim it to be FBI, some claim that it's CIA ( by the facts,it's more likely to be CIA because of his affiliations with Latin politics and cocaine trafficking). That's one of the questions I always wanted to know. This info will need for me to carry out my story.

Best of luck with your exams  :^:

Thanks, I will need it. :)

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

@Anyone: The "Bitten and Risen" storyline is near its ending. Do you think the "Girlfriend-Kidnapped" storyline was good?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

@Anyone: The "Bitten and Risen" storyline is near its ending. Do you think the "Girlfriend-Kidnapped" storyline was good?

Here are my thoughts.

@MarijuanaMonkey: I think Toreno is CIA. It makes the most sense.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Yup, my thought is that, too. Toreno is probably an CIA. I'm planning to give Toreno an important role in the late story, so I'll probably set CIA somewhere in the story (I've some ideas for it). Now, working on the Chapter I, the only thing for me is setting the part in which Kane and Chapter I antagonist have to work together in order to survive. I think this can help for me to form an interesting protagonist-antagonist relationship. I'm thinking on that, seems like it's only just "half-baked".

Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Fourth mission of Hood Property complete if ye want to take a gawk ;)

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

"Bitten and Risen" ending revealed finally.
Tyla, I think you should take a look at it!

@MarijuanaMonkey: How many chapters are going to be there? And how many missions are in each chapter?

@Benjamin Bob: Keep up good work, but updates take too long to come.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Much better. Well done.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'm tempted to make a topic set in 1960s France.

I love the whole atmosphere and romanticized image of France. I'm thinking it will have Paris and Marseilles, with small towns and country in between. I've got a really vivid image in my head; shady heroin deals in smoky Arab bistros; murdering gang bosses as they sip coffee outside a cafe; seedy red light districts and cabaret clubs; driving classic cars through vineyards and golden coasts; robing jewelry shops on cobbled streets; brutal race riots.

What do you guys think?

• Tyla and RoadRunner71 like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Gotta say that I find the idea interesting. It’s something that hasn’t been almost exploited. Good luck with it :^:

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

@MarijuanaMonkey: How many chapters are going to be there? And how many missions are in each chapter?

Like I said, the fate of the story is ambigious. Only "Chapter I" is planned enough. I've "non-baked" and "half-baked" thoughts about next chapters. However, there will be five or six chapters in total. Every chapter will be around 20 parts I guess. The first chapter includes 17 parts now (but there will probably be a 18th one with the part I've planning to do [mentioned above]).

Also, will be taking a look at Ultimate soon.

@brownbear Interesting. Once upon a time, I took a shine to 1960's Paris, too. And I've written a little crime story during 60's Paris. (Not as a GTA concept, once I had been so much interested in writing stuff) And all I can say 60's Paris has a different atmosphere and it could be interesting. Go with it, bro.

Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Im thinking of doing a GTAv dlc about travel Clinton in liberty city. It seems very few bar Tyla and a few others have an interest in Hood Property
*tavell

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by Niko Vercetti 112, 10 January 2014 - 04:05 AM.

Ok, I've got an official description for my 70's San Fierro concept ready. I've been putting this off for a while as I've had some emotional troubles along with trying to find a job now that I'm out of school. But anyway, here it is:

Northern San Andreas, 1976. On the surface San Fierro is a warm and welcoming city for those outcast and socially marginalized. However, at its core the city is plauged with an indulgance of drugs, prostitution and cold blooded murder. Here, three vastly different, yet equally dangerous, criminals are brought together to form the largest syndicate San Andreas had ever seen, which will shake the entire state to it's very foundations.

Basically you take control of three seperate protagonists:

Wei Cheng: 21 year old Wei is both very ambitious and very naive. Moving to San Fierro from a small Chinese fishing villiage, he hoped to be able to help his uncle and aunt run their successful Chinese restaurant "The Red Dragon". However it soon becomes apparant that his uncle's success is due to his shading dealing, leading Wei to be slowly pulled into the grip of San Fierro's notorious Chinatown.

Felix Jackson: Growing up in the ghettos of Oakfield, the dark and run down city across the bay from vibrant San Fierro, Felix never had much except for his excellent hand-to-hand combat skills. He soon became a heavy weight boxer, however threw it all away when he took a fall at 27 in exchange for $2 million. Seven years later he now runs a successful strip club and prostitution ring with his best friend, and business partner William Andrews. With his business being run into the ground by a gang of vicious Vietnamese gangsters, and the persuasion of William, he has not choice but to round up his old friends from Oakfield and start doing what he promised he would never do again, push cocaine onto the streets.

Robert Kurtz: 39 years old and just two years back from Vietnam, Robert has seen the worst of it. Suffering post traumatic stress disorder, he has banded together with friends from his old unit to establish the motorcycle club "The Sons of Fortune" [please somebody help me with a better name] in an attempt to try and ease the stress of every day life. He tends to be a very bitter and cynical person, who has the occasional psychotic episodes in which anyone and everyone is the target. Robert is always loyal to those who he treats as allies, and fierce towards anyone who even attempts to show authoirty over him. With the intention of even further "sticking it to the man", Robert pulls him and his club into a drug distribution ring which will inevitbly tear him and his club apart.
  • Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Im thinking of doing a GTAv dlc about tavell Clinton in liberty city. It seems very few bar Tyla and a few others have an interest in Hood Property

That's just the way it goes mate. Don't pack it in because you aren't getting the replies you expected. Take a look around. There's more interest in Hood Property than there is a lot of the other concepts. Best thing you can do? Take a break, write a load of missions to post in bulk and wrap it up. Work on your other idea on the side.

I don't think Tavell would make a good protagonist at all. He sounds like a good, straight going kid with a decent job waiting tables in Little Italy. Who'd give that up to push nickels and dimes? He's someone that would make an excellent random character telling you all about his crazy cousin and his exploits in LC but a protagonist, never.

What would really tear the roof off is you completing Hood Property and then following it up with the GTAV sequel, five years later. Call it GTAV: Hood Realty or something. I'm not even taking the piss. If Hood Property is all about taking corners, Hood Realty is the fight to hold onto that real estate in an ever-changing Liberty City underworld. Think about it:

• The downfall of TLMC leaves Acter wide open; the AOD are relegated to being nothing more than a myth - who snaps up all that turf?

• The McRearys are no more, sad as it is. Packie is in LS, Gerry is doing 25-to-life. Derrick is dead. As much as I love him, it doesn't look good for Gordon. Steinway probably becomes a major battleground for warring gangs from the projects and the Spanish Lords from Cerveza Heights, all looking for a piece.

• The Russians, Ancelottis and Pegorinos got f*cked up, big time. The remaining Pegorinos are probably nothing more than a glorified Alderney crew under the thumb of the Pavanos. Ancelottis are undoubtedly being ran into the ground by a plethora of idiots the Old Man inducted to fill the ranks after their entire chain of command was wiped out. The only major Russian left is Petrovic.

So in effect, you could build up to another San Andreas where the MOB expand all throughout the boroughs, all while competing with an uprising of new organizations and the dwindling gangs of old. Or even better, make it so there's this huge alliance between the street gangs of Liberty City: M.O.B in Broker, the Steinway Projects in Dukes, North Holland Hustlers in Algonquin and someone representing Bohan, and it's tearing itself apart with each outfit trying to f*ck the other to come out on top.

Food for thought off the top of my head, but it could work for you. Won't work half as well as it could if you don't finish Hood Property, though. ;)

I'll be by to check out your latest mission.

Northern San Andreas, 1976. On the surface San Fierro is a warm and welcoming city for those outcast and socially marginalized. However, at its core the city is plauged with an indulgance of drugs, prostitution and cold blooded murder. Here, three vastly different, yet equally dangerous, criminals are brought together to form the largest syndicate San Andreas had ever seen, which will shake the entire state to it's very foundations.

This sounds like a great case for 70s Northern California with three badass protagonists to boot. I've just picked up on who Wei Cheng is. Well played making him one of your three. That could very well be a stroke of genius, NV.

I don't know about you, Sons of Fortune sounds just fine to me. I can only think of Sons of Saigon (being that the club is a company of 'Nam veterans) but I can't see a group of bikers standing back to back, assault rifles slung over shoulders, charging into a bunch of police roaring that name like I can imagine the almighty chants of "SOF!"

My only gripe with Felix J is that you've got him pushing cocaine, with the implication being this leads into his dealings with the almighty syndicate. You can buy a hell of a night at the discotheque with a little beak but nothing destroyed neighborhoods and lined those polyester pockets in the 70s like heroin. You'll miss a trick if you don't involve the Golden Triangle in some way, especially considering your protagonists: one just back from Vietnam, one fresh off the boat from Yangshan.

Either way you go with it, I love the setting and you've got a strong collective of protagonists: you've got yourself a follower.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

I need some help with my short episode, "Last Week". It's about a foreigner who has came to America and doesn't have any money. He goes to one of his old friends and tells the truth to him.
He says that he'll give some money to our protagonist if he does a drug delivery for him but Police ambushes the deal. The protag leaves everything and escapes to avoid being identified by cops.
He should give the money back, it's for sure, but I need an idea with the ending and also the missions which are very few.

Any help? :(

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

@Tyla. Thanks for the ideas on the entire Golden Triangle thing, really helps a bit more considering Wei covers the importation side of things (with Felix working distribution, and Robert muling drugs from point A to B/working as hired muscle on both sides)

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Seems like nobody gives a sh*t about concept-writing. There's not any award for writing concepts in annual awards.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I need some help with my short episode, "Last Week". It's about a foreigner who has came to America and doesn't have any money. He goes to one of his old friends and tells the truth to him.
He says that he'll give some money to our protagonist if he does a drug delivery for him but Police ambushes the deal. The protag leaves everything and escapes to avoid being identified by cops.
He should give the money back, it's for sure, but I need an idea with the ending and also the missions which are very few.

Any help? :(

Well, I would have some ideas but it's more important for us to give all the fresh ideas in your mind to form something that you'd also approve. Well, my scenario:

Spoiler
  • Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Excellent suggestion above. That would be my ideal scenario for your missions, Pooyan. Hopefully you translate it into something new for us to read soon.

Looks like it's all been sorted out now regarding the award nominations. Now, I've been away for a while. Who fancies giving me a list of concepts from this last year for me to lay eyes on so I can go off and make a fair nomination?

Listen up. I'm looking for a little feedback on an idea of mine in very early planning stages. Anyone interested? Read on...

Grand Theft Auto V (title in progress) revisits the pursuit of the almighty dollar during the debauchery and excesses of the 1980s through the eyes of two predatory criminals with ambitions that contradict to the extremes. Lon McNeil is a seasoned, yet increasingly reluctant local crime boss - a trailer park Tony Soprano - who has one eye cast over his small-town criminal empire and the other set firmly on a future beyond a life of crime, whatever the cost. Ariel Gara is McNeil's second in command, a hardened ex-con fresh out of maximum security. Possessing a reputation for violence and unpredictability, Gara is making moves against an criminal establishment he feels does not take his credentials seriously. Driven to navigate the cocaine riches of Florida's 24-carat underworld by their own immovable personal motivations, the duo manipulate, backstab and hustle Vice City's premier players in a cut-throat brutal tale that culminates in deadly betrayal.

The concept will take place in 1988 and feature all the good stuff you've come to expect from I:

Prospective gameplay includes and is not limited to: gambling, grifting, pimping, wanted level and fighting updates, a functioning criminal rating system that directly impacts a fluctuating black market economy. I'm very obviously taking cues from GTAV with the concept story, in great part the unexplored past between Michael and Trevor prior to the events of the game's story. Any fans of that want to weigh in?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Sounds interesting, I'm always open to 1980’s settings :p

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

@MarijuanaMonkey: Thanks. I have started writing missions and of course, I will add your name to credits part of concept.

@Tyla: "Last Week" will come soon but for now, I'm working on the "Captainstate" map, where that episode takes place. While I'm working on Last Week, I'm also working on Liberty State's new map and "Black Mob Story" episode.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

@MarijuanaMonkey: Thanks. I have started writing missions and of course, I will add your name to credits part of concept.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. :) If you need further help, you can tell me about it.

@Tyla: That'd be interesting. I'm sure that you will give a totally different, interesting and splendid atmosphere, at least when I could imagine an atmosphere that sounds like it. I guess you will figure out black marketing system more deeper and more featured. As someone who has been always willing to see a "black market system" with real means, I got excited. :)

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Does somebody mind checking out a partial part of the soundtrack for my San Fierro '76 thread? I've only got a complete playlist for the Hard Rock and Soft/Pop Rock stations so far, but a solid soundtrack is one of the things I want to sort out before I post the thread.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Does somebody mind checking out a partial part of the soundtrack for my San Fierro '76 thread? I've only got a complete playlist for the Hard Rock and Soft/Pop Rock stations so far, but a solid soundtrack is one of the things I want to sort out before I post the thread.

Send it over :^:

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Is it a good idea to add a city to north side of Liberty City named "Herzegovina" which is a parody of Albany?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Is it a good idea to add a city to north side of Liberty City named "Herzegovina" which is a parody of Albany?

Considering Albany is the capital of New York state an all, I'd say it's a good idea. Herzegovina isn't a great name though. You want something simple, something like Hanover or Hudson. Herzegovina City doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it?

Another thing: are you planning more than a few missions there? If you create the capital of Liberty State, you don't want to overshadow it by setting most of the action in LC.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

"Herzegovina" was just because the country "Bosnia and Herzegovina" is neighbor of the country of "Albania" in Europe. I'll find a better name, maybe.
I'm adding this city because fifth episode, "Black Mob Story" takes place in Liberty State and Annawan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users