The Creators Lounge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Is there any interest anymore in IV DLC concept threads?

XandStorm
  • XandStorm

Carcer City's very own

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

All right, i've bailed on the european idea and am now working on another concept named 'Skyrock City'. Plot's already in, but still needs more detail imo. Look at it, and you'll agree. But i've got the basic idea covered.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

My logo for GTAVI set in Modern day Vice City

s7rn.jpg

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 29 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

I was thinking about my own concept that includes three protagonists living in three different cities, with different lifestyles, backgrounds and ethnicities. The 3 cities are Liberty City, Carcer City (Philadelphia), and Tremont City (Boston) set in 1979. Maybe my protags are gonna be a Puerto Rican smuggler in Carcer C, an Irish Mobster in Tremont C and the son of a Japanese Yakuza boss in Liberty C. Still cant figure out a good name for it so haven't posted it yet. any thoughts?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

I was thinking about my own concept that includes three protagonists living in three different cities, with different lifestyles, backgrounds and ethnicities. The 3 cities are Liberty City, Carcer City (Philadelphia), and Tremont City (Boston) set in 1979. Maybe my protags are gonna be a Puerto Rican smuggler in Carcer C, an Irish Mobster in Tremont C and the son of a Japanese Yakuza boss in Liberty C. Still cant figure out a good name for it so haven't posted it yet. any thoughts?

I remember Akvari was working on I think either a Philly or Boston concept. Then, he just disappeared forever. Who knows. Maybe he got abducted by aliens?

• bengalboy_0701 likes this

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

I remember Akvari was working on I think either a Philly or Boston concept. Then, he just disappeared forever. Who knows. Maybe he got abducted by aliens?
Very funny, man. But i assure you that's not gonna happen to me.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Very funny, man. But i assure you that's not gonna happen to me.

You'd be surprised at this forum's rate of abrupt disappearances,

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

Is it just me or has the new format destroyed your desire to write concepts? I have tried writing a few but when I go to post them I find the new format too hard to deal with for colors and sizes of text.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

It is just you :/
Although i started writing concepts when the new layout came.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Can anyone help me as to how a 70's gta logo should look like?

or,

Where do i discuss this?

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by Target13Productions, 02 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Guys, I Added a vehicle list in my Concept Thread. Check out GTA North Yankton.

btw @Universetwisters

How was it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Guys, I Added a vehicle list in my Concept Thread. Check out GTA North Yankton.

btw @Universetwisters

How was it?

It was splendapulous!

Can't wait to see the cheap beater car site. I love sh*tty cars like that, believe it or not :D

• Target13Productions likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

I know. They're almost as bad as the abrupt reappearances.

Happy new year all. :santa:

I miss Akavari. That cat had one of the sharpest minds out there. As far as I remember it was Jacky Fiend doing the Philadelphia concept - Holton? Story was set in 1980 and very Mafia heavy?

Seth Penguin had the Boston/New England concept - New Britain. Gerald McReary was the protagonist.

I'm showing my age now...

Is there any interest anymore in IV DLC concept threads?

IV is the bread and butter for concept threads. Always has been, always will be in my eyes. The best you can do for interest is to support the other active concepts and encourage their writers to reciprocate. Pop a link in here and I'll check it out.

What does the future hold for concept writing now that GTAV is out? Plans yet, anyone?

The game definitely did not have the expanse of characters for me to expect an Episodes of Los Santos any time soon..

• Claude4Catalina likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

I know. They're almost as bad as the abrupt reappearances.

Happy new year all. :santa:

I miss Akavari. That cat had one of the sharpest minds out there. As far as I remember it was Jacky Fiend doing the Philadelphia concept - Holton? Story was set in 1980 and very Mafia heavy?

Seth Penguin had the Boston/New England concept - New Britain. Gerald McReary was the protagonist.

I'm showing my age now...

I know Akavari ditched his old "Akavari111" or whatever account and got just "Akavari" before ditching.

To answer your question about V, I'm guessing North Yankton.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Tyla man its been a while!  I've been working on a gang concept featuring an original protagonist interacting with Lamar and characters mainly seen on Franklin's Lifeinvader page...mostly written but the premise feels a bit weak right now; thinking of scraping the majority but recycling a few plot points.

you had any idea brewing recently?

• Tyla likes this

Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:59 PM Edited by Benjamin Bob, 04 January 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Lads does anyone have any interest in my GTA IV: Hood Property thread? It's just I have hardly got any replies or feedback to it.

Btw Claude4Catalina, you're still on board with this project, right?

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Checking out hood property now.

Benjamin Bob
  • Benjamin Bob

Bitch ass nigga

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Checking out hood property now.

Dontforget to drop an all comment ;)

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Currently working on San Andreas prequel "State On The Edge Of Forever" (it's the perspective of State Of San Andreas throughout Kane and whole Ballas gang), finished with Chapter I (although I've been thinking adding a mission that will show some bond between Chapter I antagonist and Kane, the protagonist). Also, in the meanwhile I'm working on a Vice City sequel that takes event in 1995's Vice City, a more dark utopic Vice City after the biggest drug lord in the city, Tommy Vercetti is taken down. It will follow the story of three men who are willingly or unwillingly trying to make it big in order to survive: First protagonist is an Irish young who wants to become new Vercetti who has been his life idol for all his life, Second one is a Cuban gangster who is tired of crime stuff and hopeless about his gang's future, but is bond to the fight in order to protect himself, his family and friends, Third protag is an African-American VCPD narcotics polic officer who is desperate to financially support his family, so he is left alone to make a decision between dignity and make whatever it takes to make it. Probably "State On The Edge Of Forever" will be coming in this February but I am not sure if I will put the Vice City sequel in process.

Also I admit I've been impressed with the redneck culture in GTA V, although I haven't played the game. After I play GTA V and understading the story good, I would think about doing a concept on Blaine County rednecks and the main drug will be meth. (Actually it's my interests on both redneck culture and meth) Another reason is rednecks haven't been tried on GTA fan concepts for good, it would be exciting (I've seen one example for redneck used in GTA fan concepts, in Made Man's GTA VI concept, there's a racist redneck called Joe Barnes Jr. who runs drugs and guns in Florida).

Man, I guess my head is working like a clockwork, I should give it a rest a little (but I promise "State On The Edge Of Forever" will be coming soon, I've put too much effort in that project and I won't give it up until I see I've got something out of my product).

Seems like fan concepts are seeing the light, I can see there's a bit interest in fan concepts again. That "East Coast:1979" concept interested me, I will be dropping a comment soon.

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Tyla man its been a while!  I've been working on a gang concept featuring an original protagonist interacting with Lamar and characters mainly seen on Franklin's Lifeinvader page...mostly written but the premise feels a bit weak right now; thinking of scraping the majority but recycling a few plot points.

you had any idea brewing recently?

Ah I hoped you were still kicking around! Glad to hear you're still writing. The hood was lacking big time in GTAV so very interested in this, especially as you always bring a lot to your stories. It kinda annoyed me with Franklin's Liveinvader that most of his friends were on private anyway. Even J.B, who Frank breaks his back to help. S'pose it gives you a blank canvas on which to work your magic, mind. You'll keep us updated, won't you? 

As for me.. :panic:

I've got this one idea: "Ashley's Roadtrip"

It came to me as an idea of a GTAV prequel after hearing the Soul Searchers song on the Lowdown. Inspiration in the strangest places, eh?

Utilizing the three protagonist system, the events prior to GTAV and that scene are explored through the eyes of Ashley Butler, Johnny K and Derrick McReary, also deceased of the main game. If you're thinking it all sounds a bid morbid, you'd be about right.

Ashley splits to Sandy Shores, her place of birth, after fleeing horrendous conditions under the thumb of the drug dealers now populating Acter after the demise of The Lost. Being Ashley's roadtrip, she encounters a great deal of conflict as she navigates her way across the country, including the menace that is Epsilonism. When she eventually makes it to Sandy Shores, Trevor helps her facilitate a deal with one eye firmly on pocketing the profits himself...

Johnny is earning a crust in the murky private security sector after accepting an offer of work from his veteran brother, Michael, while at a dead-end. Johnny wants out, and with an increasing dependency on drugs takes action to screw his employers over with foreboding consequences...

Derrick is first encountered selling underworld secrets to a publisher in return for fast cash for a fix, with the hopes he can string them along for the full book deal. He's dwindled beyond even his ruined state in GTAIV - with the added guilt of Francis's death - and is on a binge before he takes to the stand in Liberty City to testify against a lifetime's wealth of criminal figureheads in exchange for a government credit card and new life in North Yankton. He first encounters Ashley, and later Johnny, and attempts to give the latter up to the FIB.

Very sketchy at the moment, but I'd love to get some thoughts.

Probably "State On The Edge Of Forever" will be coming in this February but I am not sure if I will put the Vice City sequel in process.

@MarijuanaMonkey,

I have always liked the idea of a Ballas heavy SA concept that shows their side of the story. Can't wait to see it. I think you should go ahead with the Vice City sequel. I have my own ideas about Vercetti's demise and with you creating your own concept for it, with three protagonists you have in mind, you could make a great story out of it. Even better if you make Vice City darker. Miami is essentially a hellhole modern day anyway, isn't it?

Let me know if you go through with it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

It all sounds good, but for one little thing that caught my eye:

Ashley splits to Sandy Shores, her place of birth, 

Wasn't Ashley born in Acter?

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

You aren't wrong, but I have to question how accurate the LCPD database is. When it comes to the Episodes it's spotty at best. It tends to lump a character's POB by their gang affiliation; the entire Lost MC are supposed to hail from Acter despite mentioning farms and trailer parks that can't conceivably be anywhere near Alderney. Consider it a retcon.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

You aren't wrong, but I have to question how accurate the LCPD database is. When it comes to the Episodes it's spotty at best. It tends to lump a character's POB by their gang affiliation; the entire Lost MC are supposed to hail from Acter despite mentioning farms and trailer parks that can't conceivably be anywhere near Alderney. Consider it a retcon.

Perhaps there's an unseen farm that grows trailer parks outside of Acter?

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

@Tyla

Thanks. It's good to hear that from a master like you. As for me, it's a good idea to make a heavy Ballas concept. In San Andreas, although being one of the prior antagonistic groups, we couldn't get much about Ballas. With this concept, I will try to find some questions from San Andreas; "How Big Smoke caught up in the game so much?", "How miserable The Families was?". Although having "The Introduction", I see many markable questions about San Andreas saga. I'm putting all my effort in this project but y'know, making a prequel for San Andreas is a hard thing because almost eveything seems to be done with the final of San Andreas. For all of this, "State On The Edge Of Forever" will be an unfinished story, I can't promise you a totally finished and a solid story for you. For doing the best, I feel like I must take your guys' guidances. Especially, I put my trust in C4C, because he's a DAMN bombshell for hood-based concepts.

Also, yeah. Actually I'd like to put Vice City sequel on process, but it's some time to actually go on with it (also y'know III Era concepts are generally underrated). And of course, I would like to share and discuss my ideas for this concept with you. If I will be more informative:

-First Protagonist: Irresponsible son of one of Don Vercetti's close associates who has been a legend smuggler back in the bay. He's Irish ethnicity. From upon, his life always was getting laid, getting drunk and doing drugs. He serves as a three-time year for drug possession (as a result of his father's powerful friend Vercetti), after he is released, he realizes that everything's not same as it was once. Our Irish guys understand it's time to stop partying and do something for his life; become the new Vercetti of the city.

-Second Protagonist: A Cuban gangster that runs with Cuban Immigrant gang set "Robina Family", the founder set of the gang (yeah, Cubans are separated into two hostile parts, one being "Robina Family" and the other is "Provisional Cubans". As Cubans lost its dominance over Haitians, our guy doesn't believe that the old days will come back, so he thinks they should give up fighting and do something valuable for their lives but he knows he must keep fighting to protect his family and friends.

-Third Protagonist: A legendary VCPD narcotics police officer who is waiting for his upcoming fifth child. He's happy to have a new child but also he's doubts if he will be able to support his family anymore. African-American ethnicity. Now, he must make a decision between dignity or improbity just done for supporting his family.

For the describtion of the city, the city is drenched with a swamp of sh*t after Vercetti has been downfallen. Now, Mexicans have controlled the narcotics trafficking of the city (although it's the idea, I'm not so sure), they are using Haitians as their foot soldiers which made them reputable and powerful in the city, so with the reputation and power, they've risen in the criminal food chain so much that they're the most powerful gang in the suburbs of Mainland. That's why Cuban are split up into two different sets; "Robina Family" who are living with dreams of the old days, "Provisional Cubans", formed by an ambitious, rebellious Cuban young named Pedro who think Robinas are not proper for the management of Cubans anymore. Other gangs I'm planning to put in are a Neo-Nazi gang that produces meth (I know actually meth comes into Miami markets in 1997 but like I said it's a bit utopic game), a Redneck gang who extorts money from businessmen who come to the woods to industralize there, Costa Rican smugglers (as enemies Phil Cassidy's nemesis), Colombian Cartel (as the main enemies of Mexicans), Vice City Bikers...

About characters (in general, returning characters):

- One character I'm planning to include in order to reflect the dark side of Vice City is a DEA agent who doesn't hold himself back from dealing with criminals in exchange of a high crime rate for his own stakes.

- Phil Cassidy is making a return as an ex-Vietnam veteran, redneck arms dealer who is in competition with Costa Rican Smugglers.

- Mitch Baker can make a return as the leader of Vice City Bikers, one of the gangs that is hostile to Irish protagonist.

- Avery Carrington can make a return as a prime real estate developer that plans to build hot-shot hotel in the woods of Vice City.

- Steve Scott can return while shooting an action/erotic movie.

Also I'm planning to get property purchasing back, so that's why Steve Scott is a possibly returning character.

That's some. :)

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by Tyla, 05 January 2014 - 10:55 AM.

I wouldn't worry about totally bringing the story to an end. Just give us the story you want us to hear and draw it to a close, if that works best for you. As you say, San Andreas has pretty well defined conclusions as it is. What you're doing a good job of elaborating on is the lead in to all this chaos. We already know Kane gets smoked in Los Sepulcros - our main interest in this prequel is always going to be why. I think you're a good writer and more than capable of holding our interest in this story, I don't think you need us to tell you where to go with it. You have a great understanding of it already, from what I've read on past pages. Answer questions, create questions of your own. That's all you have to, really. We'll be right behind you with feedback when you post the concept. :^:

Thanks for sharing your Vice City ideas. Looks promising already. Take your time. Three protagonists is always going to be very consuming.

Are you going to expand the city map to accommodate all those gangs?

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

I wanted to discuss about something here.

First, is the "Ultimate" a good concept at all? Is it anything interesting or not?

And one another thing: Is anybody interested in the episodic way of Ultimate's story? Will it be a good thing to be done by Rockstar in their next-gen games?

@Marijuanamonkey: I didn't know you're going to write a concept. It has a promising name, however: State on the Edge of Forever! Nice! Hope the graphics, story and other things are as good as its name. Good luck on it, bro! :)

@universetwisters: Have you started writing? Your work was just nice. "We are the Ravers" was just nice. Sad that you haven't written anything in a while.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Under Control

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

@PooyanCyrus don't sweat it, man. Your concept is very interesting. And i think the episodic way would probably be the only way R* could portray all GTA cities in one game without having it be far-fetched like San Andreas.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

I wanted to discuss about something here.

First, is the "Ultimate" a good concept at all? Is it anything interesting or not?

And one another thing: Is anybody interested in the episodic way of Ultimate's story? Will it be a good thing to be done by Rockstar in their next-gen games?

The episodic way you present the story is good. GTAV felt kind of episodic in the way you were forced to switch to Trevor at certain points Michael and Franklin were laying low. It is something I want to see more of, being as isolating a protagonist allows for more development than lumping the three of them into implausible scenarios.

My only critique of Ultimate GTA concepts has always been that they lack the personal charm and identity of concepts that revolve around just the one city. They can be hard to follow and a chore to invest in, but that's not saying that it can't be done. Just look up Lincoln State in the archives. Legendary topic with unparalled expanse, but absolute hell to decypher.

I've also noticed your topic has six protagonists. Is this because of the sheer size of the map?

• TheUnholy likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 05 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

I wouldn't worry about totally bringing the story to an end. Just give us the story you want us to hear and draw it to a close, if that works best for you. As you say, San Andreas has pretty well defined conclusions as it is. What you're doing a good job of elaborating on is the lead in to all this chaos. We already know Kane gets smoked in Los Sepulcros - our main interest in this prequel is always going to be why. I think you're a good writer and more than capable of holding our interest in this story, I don't think you need us to tell you where to go with it. You have a great understanding of it already, from what I've read on past pages. Answer questions, create questions of your own. That's all you have to, really. We'll be right behind you with feedback when you post the concept. :^:

Thanks for sharing your Vice City ideas. Looks promising already. Take your time. Three protagonists is always going to be very consuming.

Are you going to expand the city map to accommodate all those gangs?

Yeah, you're right about Kane getting iced and don't worry, I've done my homework. :D I think it's more than just a basic gang attack on him. If you catch the dialogues good in the mission, you'll get it that Tenpenny tipped off Grove Street about Lil' Weasel's funeral and Kane. Actually my plan was making Kane start as a little dealer but if Carl and Sweet know something worth about Kane (from the dialogues when they go to the cemetery), Kane would be a reputable man around Ganton area. So I re-figured Kane as the right hand man of a crew chief of Front Yard Ballas. (Also Kane is from the Front Yard set, it's stated by CJ in "Los Sepulcros").

For giving some meaning to Chapter I, I will figure some new gangs: I thought of Dominican Mob and some small-time Greek dealers for that. I considered to do that because the plan is Los Santos Vagos will be getting in the story in Chapter I or II. For now, I don't know to get the details of the first chapter because I'd like to suprise you guys. However, I can tell something about it for the guys that will help me figure out the story. You, C4C, MOB, Akaviri are the men for this because I remember how much you helped C4C with the process of All In The Game, you guys seem to know much about gangbanging and drug stuff. Chapter I, in general means, is done but there are a few scratches to close. 

About Vice City sequel (I'm planning to name it "The Valley Of The Vultures" also), yeah I'm planning to expand the map, include the environmental areas like San Andreas' countryside. I always saw Vice City's only problem as map being too small. I will expand Vice City area itself, especially Mainland I guess. Also I like I said, there is more Florida countryside and Vice City metropolis mix is waiting for you.

@PooyanCyrus

Thanks, man. I though this name would be proper for the gritty, corrupt dark San Andreas I'd like to reflect. The thing is actually I've been interested in fan concepts for a long time. First off, I made a Bohan gangbanging based concept named "Veterans Of Corners" but I dropped it because it wasn't the way I'd like to do. I postponed the "Veterans Of Corners" thing, maybe one day I can put my project to renew it (the plan is making it on the ND3). Later, I made another IV DLC name "A Mexico, Al Infierno" taking the story of Mexican Cartels based on Liberty City (got the idea to do this from that Mexican guy "Alfonso Vasquez"), but it didn't get much attention, I'd like to finish it but if I determine to do that, I guess it must wait "State On The Edge Of Forever" and "The Valley Of The Vultures").

For anyone who would like to get a thought about my writing can take a look at "A Mexico, Al Infierno" from here: http://gtaforums.com...co-al-infierno/

However, I will use a narrative, deep and more tone style for "State On The Edge Of Forever", similar to the stories in Writer's Discussion. Also, Chapters are split up into parts, some parts will include more than one mission.

For "The Valley Of The Vultures" is using a style that is a mix of C4C's All In The Game and mine "A Mexico, Al Infierno". And the story will be tell "mission by mission". 

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 05 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

@Tyla: You never have access to all protagonists at the same time. 2 or 3 of them are available for each episode.
A better example: Did you have 3 protagonists in EFLC? You had 3, but each one had his own story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users