Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Creators Lounge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:50)
QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 22:57)
I need help with a certain thing in my Chiveagon topic. Chicago's white race is mostly people with ethnic backgrounds from; Poland, Ukraine, Germany, Ireland, Italy, and Greece- any more? And the hispanic races are mostly from Mexico and Puerto Rico. From what I heard, Peruvians, Chileans, Colombians, and Brazilians also dominates the South American/Hispanic population in Chicago. Is this info right? I'm FROM Chicago, but I really don't know much about it's ethnic backgrounds...

Sorry man I can't help you but to be perfectly honest I think that Chiveagon is quite a weak title for a Chicago based concept and I think it will probably put people off reading it. I remember a few years ago somebody created a topic called Sears City which I thought was a really good name for a GTA topic set in Chicago since it followed suit of Liberty City which was named after a famous landmark in the city on which it was based. If possible I think people should try and stick to GTA naming conventions in their topics in order to maintain credibility.

The name is really that big of a deal? I replied to Akaviri about why I picked the name "Chiveagon". But I don't know, having 'City' in the end of every city is a little cartoony, for me.

I think it is.. petty as it might be I think a lot of people will overlook a topic because the name doesn't appeal to them. They will just think Bad Name = Bad Concept and won't even bother looking at it.

What about "GTA: Hood propOrty? I'm sure a decent amount of people saw that one.. sadly..

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:50)
QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 22:57)
I need help with a certain thing in my Chiveagon topic. Chicago's white race is mostly people with ethnic backgrounds from; Poland, Ukraine, Germany, Ireland, Italy, and Greece- any more? And the hispanic races are mostly from Mexico and Puerto Rico. From what I heard, Peruvians, Chileans, Colombians, and Brazilians also dominates the South American/Hispanic population in Chicago. Is this info right? I'm FROM Chicago, but I really don't know much about it's ethnic backgrounds...

Sorry man I can't help you but to be perfectly honest I think that Chiveagon is quite a weak title for a Chicago based concept and I think it will probably put people off reading it. I remember a few years ago somebody created a topic called Sears City which I thought was a really good name for a GTA topic set in Chicago since it followed suit of Liberty City which was named after a famous landmark in the city on which it was based. If possible I think people should try and stick to GTA naming conventions in their topics in order to maintain credibility.

The name is really that big of a deal? I replied to Akaviri about why I picked the name "Chiveagon". But I don't know, having 'City' in the end of every city is a little cartoony, for me.

I think it is.. petty as it might be I think a lot of people will overlook a topic because the name doesn't appeal to them. They will just think Bad Name = Bad Concept and won't even bother looking at it.

What about "GTA: Hood propOrty? I'm sure a decent amount of people saw that one.. sadly..

Oh god, that was hilariously awful! lol.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've updated Family Ties with part 1 of a new chapter. You can see it here.

As always feedback is greatly appreciated smile.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

I've started my DLC and would love feedback.So please follow it. smile.gif

Link

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Would these fit as a theme song for my modern day Vice City concept?

Or if you have better ones please lemme know!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 01:48)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 05:53)
It's been like a year since I made a concept thread.. I kinda gave up for a while because I was disappointed at King of The City.. it wasn't terrible but I made it too over the top by trying to make Small time Northwood drug dealers into Mafias that were on the same level of the Italian and Russian Mafias.

I'm coming up with a new topic that will use GTA V's 3 Protagonist Idea.. i'm considering setting it in Carcer City. It will be about the gang life. My three protagonists i'm planning that i'm still coming up with names are all in the same gang and are close friends: The main protagonist the leader of one of the sets who plans out much of the missions and he's his own mission giver in some parts. The secondary character will be a newer member who has only been in the gang for 2 years. Protag 3 will be a very close friend of Protag 2 he is one of the few white members of the mostly African-American gang and regrets joining after he gets shot at by rivals.. he is also a drug dealer.

As for the Carcer City i'm planning out it has a few different boroughs.
Ghetto Borough: Starting location and smallest borough in the story. Mostly everyone who lives there are gangbangers, drug dealers, pimps, and prostitutes.

Abandoned Borough: After a disaster (which i'm still thinking of) everyone was forced to evacuate. Mostly everyone has refused to return because of all the deaths that occurred in the disaster. It has been a ghost town for 10 years and is token over by gangs.

Downtown: Beautiful area with many skyscrapers. Has many clothing stores and restaurants, aswell as a shopping mall. Drug Dealers take advantage of the area because the amount of low key alleyways. Also the main area where the Italian/Irish Mafias work.

Suburbs: The safest area in Carcer in terms of crime.

Surrounding Areas: Out of the city there is Forest/Mountains which the explorable area is bigger than all the boroughs combined and contains many easter eggs.

I've been doing lots of research on gangs in preparation for the story. I also might add a smaller secondary city: A remake of New Guernsy from the GTA 1 Era.. which is quite close to Alderney. When going far into the ocean from here you can see the skyline of Alderney but you are blocked from entering. You can say Alderney is already based on New Jersey, but they never did a parody of Atlantic City in Alderney which I wanna use New Guernsy for. What do you think?

Nice to know that you're back. I think the idea you have for Carcer City is very similar to the one I have had in the pipeline for some time. It reminds me to get on with that project and finish it, people are catching on to it. ph34r.gif

Did you ever give any more thought to doing that 1970s LC topic man?

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

There are alot of concepts based on mid to late 1970's Vice and Liberty as well as Alderney. I myself am writing a concept based on the resurrection of a mafia family in 1978 Alderney. I'm trying to put as much detail as possible as in also putting the 1980s things in as well like vehicles, music, clothing, etc. The story is almost cliche to many other mafia stories but like in Mafia 2 you are put in prison. You rise up to being Don of the family but the ending is very shocking. I can't wait to start the missions.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Anyone think Mickey Hamfists (Luigi Goterelli's bodyguard in GTAIII) can be a good protagonist for a concept thread based AFTER Salvatore's death? Similar to how UniverseTwisters made a modern day GTA thread, I want to show what happens after the fall of the Don.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Akaviri, 11 March 2013 - 02:40 AM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 01:28)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

COMING 2013

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

@GTA Sounds like a good plot for a GTA:III concept. You should go for it.

@Akaviri That looks awesome. Will that be in L.C.?

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 02:37)

COMING 2013

That is f*cking amazing. My hype is way up high. Believe it or not, I'm more excited about that thread than GTAV. No joke.

@Mayhem - Alright, I guess I will start after I'm done with my Chicago thread.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 09:54)
QUOTE (Akaviri @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 02:37)

COMING 2013

That is f*cking amazing. My hype is way up high. Believe it or not, I'm more excited about that thread than GTAV. No joke.

@Mayhem - Alright, I guess I will start after I'm done with my Chicago thread.

Oh no1That really is so f*cking good, man. Looking forward to it. [/CODE]

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 03:37)

COMING 2013

I had been going over some ideas in my head relating to a topic of my own and I remembered you had mentioned making one before.. I was gonna suggest a possible collaboration but it looks like you've got it all sewn up. That looks epic man... I can't wait to see the finished result.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by GTAb0yWonder, 17 March 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Actually, I'm working on a 1980's Liberty City topic. It's just because I'm so obsessed with the 80's NYC culture.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 02:49)
Actually, I'm working on a 1980's Liberty City topic. It's just because I'm so obsessed with the 80's NYC culture.

I considered doing a concept set in 80s Liberty City about a two-bit hustler and discotheque owner that is diagnosed HIV positive during the height of the AIDS crisis. The story would take inspiration from the concept of Breaking Bad and how the protagonist is driven to provide for after his death and feels a growing sense of fearlessness as his illness progresses. The story and plot points were very dark, so I never went through with it.

What exactly do you have planned for your 80s LC topic? I love that culture of NYC back then but I'm actually unsure of how it would work opposed to LA, Chicago, Washington, San Francisco that really stand apart as potential locations for that point of time.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 06:24)

I considered doing a concept set in 80s Liberty City about a two-bit hustler and discotheque owner that is diagnosed HIV positive during the height of the AIDS crisis. The story would take inspiration from the concept of Breaking Bad and how the protagonist is driven to provide for after his death and feels a growing sense of fearlessness as his illness progresses. The story and plot points were very dark, so I never went through with it.

What exactly do you have planned for your 80s LC topic? I love that culture of NYC back then but I'm actually unsure of how it would work opposed to LA, Chicago, Washington, San Francisco that really stand apart as potential locations for that point of time.

80's LA? I don't see how. 80's Chicago, no way. Washington, San Fransisco - not interesting to me. NYC's 80's culture is what I love and what I'll consider doing. C'mon, who wouldn't like to see Liberty City in the 80's, twenty years before IV? As opposed to VC's glitz and glamour 80's era in the 3D Universe, now it's LC's gritty and dark 80's era in the HD universe.

So far the protagonist is a Jewish-Italian from Carcer City, I'm working on the characters and their parts in the story so far.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 22:37)
QUOTE (Tyla @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 06:24)

80's LA? I don't see how. 80's Chicago, no way. Washington, San Fransisco - not interesting to me. NYC's 80's culture is what I love and what I'll consider doing. C'mon, who wouldn't like to see Liberty City in the 80's, twenty years before IV? As opposed to VC's glitz and glamour 80's era in the 3D Universe, now it's LC's gritty and dark 80's era in the HD universe.

So far the protagonist is a Jewish-Italian from Carcer City, I'm working on the characters and their parts in the story so far.

Tell me this: how do you perceive NYC of that era defining the 80s, opposed to the 80s setting defining New York? What really do you think different about New York at that time compared to those other cities I listed?

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 19 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Miami seems like the most proper for the 80's (with the events of drug baron wars (would be a good use for rise and downfall of the Colombian cartels), gun smuggling operations from South America, corruption in law, nightlife, economic situations, politics and more) but it's used for Vice City. If a 80's Vice City is done again, it will probably repeat itself and would gather less attraction.

I think San Francisco would be a good setting for a 60's, 70's timeline and possibly 80's timeline. Because San Francisco was a boiling pond that time, with tripping hippies, its shining disco culture, legalizing marijuana discussions... Yeah, I think that's good.

Maybe, the most proper city to use in 80's in my opinion is Philadelphia. Philadelphia was a popular crime city that time. If you look at the criminal records of the city of Philadelphia, you can see most of the crimes had been committed in the 80's. With serial murders, crime organizations, drug dealers, frauds, gun slingers, AIDS epidemic and lawsuits for it and more that time, Philadelphia is an alternative city to use. I don't know, maybe I would think about doing a 80's Philadelphia concept.

At the end of this month, AMAI will be back with more.

Also Akaviri's 70's LC concept seems cool, just waiting for it.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 14:09)
Maybe, the most proper city to use in 80's in my opinion is Philadelphia. Philadelphia was a popular crime city that time. If you look at the criminal records of the city of Philadelphia, you can see most of the crimes had been committed in the 80's. With serial murders, crime organizations, drug dealers, frauds, gun slingers, AIDS epidemic and lawsuits for it and more that time, Philadelphia is an alternative city to use. I don't know, maybe I would think about doing a 80's Philadelphia concept.

I second this. icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 05:40)
QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 14:09)

I second this. icon14.gif

When is your 70s topic coming man??

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 02 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

AMAI has made a turn with new 9 missions, here you can check them out. I decided to give a break to it until I've written the missions till Ramiro's death, the event will lead to the main storyline.

As I'm obsessed with Italian crime culture nowadays, I did get an idea of making a Mafia-based IV concept. I am planning to touch on every Italian family. I am afraid that I can't do that thing with single protagonist, so probably I will go with multiple protags. I chose Frankie Gallo as one of the protagonists, he always seemed like a mysterious guy to me. Some possible protagonists are Sammy Bottino, Jimmy Capra, Anthony Corrado or some imaginary guys.

However I didn't forget about the San Andreas prequel, I've done miles at it and I will move onto it as AMAI finishes.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

had a half baked idea floating around regarding a 1970's topic...seems like we've been hit with disco fever!

started off as a random thought about how the armed forces got paid during the Vietnam War of the 1960's, and it's evolved into the basis of a Grand Theft Auto story, being that the protagonist, a Marine loner (cause well, the whole "Marines are more badass than the Army" cliche) who enlisted once he left school looking for something constructive and a solid home, serving three tours in Vietnam and coming home in '72, and finds the cash he was sending home (salary and from Saigon bar game sharking) has been stolen from his closest friends house, his friend recently received his draft notice but promised the money was safe in the month between him heading in country and the protagonist coming back. the protagonist found his idea of a family in the Marines, and one of the younger Marines (who got sent to Vietnam to serve two tours rather than taking a 5 year stretch in prison) also lives in the protagonist's city and coaxes the protagonist into busting into his friends parent's house and getting the cash back, which ends going awry as the father starts firing on them with a shotgun. instinct kicks in and the two Marines blast him away with their .38's committing their first non-government sanctioned kill and mirroring an incident in a ville back in the Nam where the protag guns down an old Vietnamese man who shoots one of his Marines with a Japanese bolt action rifle. in retaliation, a rival gang attacks the protagonist at his war buddy's apartment, it turning out that both the old friend in Vietnam and the new friend at home are caught up in a slowly escalating gang war and now the protagonist is in the middle.

I still need to research a lot of things to make the story cognizant, and decide on whether I should take the 'black street gang' route or go with a small time Mafia who are running arms between the US and Vietnam. one plus of using a black street gang is being able to give the protagonist the nickname 'Sergeant Slaughter' or something cheesy as f*ck! another thing bugging me is what city to use? Liberty City seems like the easier route, as seeing as I like to envision playing out the missions as I write them, it'd help bucketloads; however Liberty City is drying up and I wouldn't want to step on Akaviri's toes.

f*ck it, I'll mull over it for a few then see where it ends up, I probably wont even use this idea if I'm honest.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

What you guys think if I start writing DLC for IV with:
- about 30 years old bus driver living in Bohan
- Dave Jonhson would be protagonist name.
- He meets old friend in the beginning of game and old friend have loaned money to him and now wants it back. Protagonist will start paying back with work, but thinks doesn't go very well.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

I had an idea for a GTA Concept Thread heavily inspired by anime.

Princess Robot Bubblegum will be making an appearance, but probably not as the main character.

Would anyone get upset if I included elements from other anime and video game franchises in the concept thread? It's meant to be a more light-hearted and comedic concept thread.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Osric @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 13:45)

Princess Robot Bubblegum will be making an appearance, but probably not as the main character.

Would anyone get upset if I included elements from other anime and video game franchises in the concept thread? It's meant to be a more light-hearted and comedic concept thread.

Will the protagonist be a weaboo? If so, it would be very close to No More Heroes

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 18:49)
QUOTE (Osric @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 13:45)

Will the protagonist be a weaboo? If so, it would be very close to No More Heroes

Actually, I'm thinking of multiple protagonists like in GTA V.

VProductions
  • VProductions

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062447869 my concept thread/ concept story tounge.gif derp

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 11:08)
had a half baked idea floating around regarding a 1970's topic...seems like we've been hit with disco fever!

started off as a random thought about how the armed forces got paid during the Vietnam War of the 1960's, and it's evolved into the basis of a Grand Theft Auto story, being that the protagonist, a Marine loner (cause well, the whole "Marines are more badass than the Army" cliche) who enlisted once he left school looking for something constructive and a solid home, serving three tours in Vietnam and coming home in '72, and finds the cash he was sending home (salary and from Saigon bar game sharking) has been stolen from his closest friends house, his friend recently received his draft notice but promised the money was safe in the month between him heading in country and the protagonist coming back. the protagonist found his idea of a family in the Marines, and one of the younger Marines (who got sent to Vietnam to serve two tours rather than taking a 5 year stretch in prison) also lives in the protagonist's city and coaxes the protagonist into busting into his friends parent's house and getting the cash back, which ends going awry as the father starts firing on them with a shotgun. instinct kicks in and the two Marines blast him away with their .38's committing their first non-government sanctioned kill and mirroring an incident in a ville back in the Nam where the protag guns down an old Vietnamese man who shoots one of his Marines with a Japanese bolt action rifle. in retaliation, a rival gang attacks the protagonist at his war buddy's apartment, it turning out that both the old friend in Vietnam and the new friend at home are caught up in a slowly escalating gang war and now the protagonist is in the middle.

I still need to research a lot of things to make the story cognizant, and decide on whether I should take the 'black street gang' route or go with a small time Mafia who are running arms between the US and Vietnam. one plus of using a black street gang is being able to give the protagonist the nickname 'Sergeant Slaughter' or something cheesy as f*ck! another thing bugging me is what city to use? Liberty City seems like the easier route, as seeing as I like to envision playing out the missions as I write them, it'd help bucketloads; however Liberty City is drying up and I wouldn't want to step on Akaviri's toes.

f*ck it, I'll mull over it for a few then see where it ends up, I probably wont even use this idea if I'm honest.

Have you given up on All in The Game??

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

nah man just waiting on more feedback before I post much more(f*ck me I sound desperate there haha!) I know there's a lot of text so I know people would be uncomfortable with me spamming the topic with mountains of writing, I think two missions for every reply is a fair amount, gets through the story quick enough but without throwing too much at people following it.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 20:54)
nah man just waiting on more feedback before I post much more(f*ck me I sound desperate there haha!) I know there's a lot of text so I know people would be uncomfortable with me spamming the topic with mountains of writing, I think two missions for every reply is a fair amount, gets through the story quick enough but without throwing too much at people following it.

To be honest I didn't see that you had posted any more missions after Papi's promotion. I'll give them a read when I have some more time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users