• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 13:27)
QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 08:25)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 13:21)
QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 08:20)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 13:17)
QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 08:11)
I've decided to change my concept thread's location and story to 1980's London. I did this out of the fact that I've done New England multiple times.

@Pedochu: I like your concept thread though it needs some work.

I don't mean to be a bummer, but didn't some other dude do 1980s London? Tyla or someone along the lines of that? Nonetheless, good luck on it, and I'll be sure to check it out!

You got me there, I'm not sure where I can take my thread next. I could always do another made up location like I did a few years back.

There's always Germany. Perhaps re-unified Berlin in 1990 might be good? I can help with the soundtrack, as I've done a lot of research on East German music for a mod of mine smile.gif

90's Berlin would be interesting. I can picture the soundtrack featuring 90's German Industrial and Gothic Rock music stations, both the Industrial and Goth subcultures are huge in Germany, though I'm not so sure what else 90's Germany has to offer music wise nor am I that familiar with German culture that much.

There's ostrock, such as Puhdys, City, etc. Don't forget classic German techno such as Kraftwerk and early German hip-hop! tounge2.gif tounge2.gif

For the year it's set in, I'd rather just leave it to speculation from the readers. I've always liked games that make the setting year up to the player's imagination. PM me so we can brain storm.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Just wanted to say that I haven't turned my back on any of my projects. I still plan on rewriting Blood and a Four Leaf Clover. I just upgraded my computer so I'll be able to run GTA IV very smoothly on max settings; I want to put together a sort of video trailer for the new rendition of the concept. That is, if there is still an audience out there to appreciate the work I'll be putting into this.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 21:14)
Just wanted to say that I haven't turned my back on any of my projects. I still plan on rewriting Blood and a Four Leaf Clover. I just upgraded my computer so I'll be able to run GTA IV very smoothly on max settings; I want to put together a sort of video trailer for the new rendition of the concept. That is, if there is still an audience out there to appreciate the work I'll be putting into this.

It's very hard to predict when people will really start visiting this section again. Up until the release of V people will be hovering around the V section desperately speculating and looking for new info then after the game is released they will likely stay in that section discussing the game. The glory days of this section so far have been the time starting roughly a year after GTA IV was released and continuing on until a couple of months before V was announced. If the same pattern occurs again then people will have no doubt lost interest in GTA IV related stories and will be hungry for GTA VI and GTA V DLC concepts. Part of the problem however may simply lie in the fact that there hasn't really been any exceptionally good concept threads in quite some time so this probably helped to drive the visitors away. I think if people were to just post their concepts and ideas regardless of the feeedback they get then people would gradually start coming back to this section once they become aware of quality concepts being made once again.

If and when I find the time I'm still very much set on finishing off my Family Ties concept and then possibly creating another one after that to keep myself going through the first couple of months after V's release. If some of the great ideas that have been discussed in this topic also come to fruition then I think we might be able to somewhat revive this section.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

There haven't been any good concept threads for months. You're right. I think as GTA V is released people will be interested because it will be a new universe to play around with. You've got to consider the fact that we've scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as concept ideas; we've milked GTA IV for all it can offer to write our stories.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 17:54)
There haven't been any good concept threads for months. You're right. I think as GTA V is released people will be interested because it will be a new universe to play around with. You've got to consider the fact that we've scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as concept ideas; we've milked GTA IV for all it can offer to write our stories.

I feel that Gordon and Jermaine were the two most obvious candidates for DLC concepts, so after we did those people had to start trying a lot harder to find their protagonists and the stories began to seem increasingly forced with each new topic that was created. Sergei (Faustin's bodyguard) and Willy Valerio were pretty good candidates too but Pear never finished his Sergei concept and LuisBellic never really did Willy justice with his topic (in my opinion at least) however that may just have been down to my personal aspirations for the topic. The fact that we covered a lot of bases with our topics and tried to answer as many of the unanswered questions as we could also made it even harder for future topic creators to make something original and exciting so maybe had some others got in their before us we could have seen some other quality concepts.. who knows.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 18:18)
QUOTE (Akaviri @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 17:54)

I feel that Gordon and Jermaine were the two most obvious candidates for DLC concepts, so after we did those people had to start trying a lot harder to find their protagonists and the stories began to seem increasingly forced with each new topic that was created. Sergei (Faustin's bodyguard) and Willy Valerio were pretty good candidates too but Pear never finished his Sergei concept and LuisBellic never really did Willy justice with his topic (in my opinion at least) however that may just have been down to my personal aspirations for the topic. The fact that we covered a lot of bases with our topics and tried to answer as many of the unanswered questions as we could also made it even harder for future topic creators to make something original and exciting so maybe had some others got in their before us we could have seen some other quality concepts.. who knows.

Pear had a good thread. He just wasn't very consistent with it as far as missions. Luisbellic had an idea with a lot of potential but he didn't do it justice as you said. I'm not afraid to say that the rest of the ideas I've seen around here lately are pretty damn poor and random. Someone needs to drop a bomb in here to get things started again. Although maybe I'm just ranting and reminiscing about the old days that are long gone. confused.gif

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

if this was this forum was part of the movie I think my life is, I'd say this is the point where I post All In The Game and stir up the Concept Thread reaaaaaal good!

I'm trying to dechiper how to safely take the hard drive out of my old laptop and plug it into the hard drive dock I've got, once thats done; its open season on getting AITG done.

Akaviri, did you get my PM a few weeks ago? with this hiatus I've had a million ideas running through my mind about how to finish up the concept.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I see there's a category for best concept story again this year in the forum awards. It's kinda pointless though since there hasn't been any decent concepts at all this year confused.gif

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 19:55)
I see there's a category for best concept story again this year in the forum awards. It's kinda pointless though since there hasn't been any decent concepts at all this year confused.gif

Yeah I'm boycotting that this year. I think things will be better in 2013 though. We'll at least have Claude4Catalina's All in the Game, your Family Ties, and hopefully one or two of the ones I'm working on. smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 18:28)
I see there's a category for best concept story again this year in the forum awards. It's kinda pointless though since there hasn't been any decent concepts at all this year  confused.gif

Yeah I'm boycotting that this year. I think things will be better in 2013 though. We'll at least have Claude4Catalina's All in the Game, your Family Ties, and hopefully one or two of the ones I'm working on. smile.gif

Yeah I really need to get back into writing for Family Ties.. try and get it boxed off before GTA V comes out.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 18:28)
I see there's a category for best concept story again this year in the forum awards. It's kinda pointless though since there hasn't been any decent concepts at all this year  confused.gif

Yeah I really need to get back into writing for Family Ties.. try and get it boxed off before GTA V comes out.

There's a ton of people on the forum at least, they're just in the GTA V section. That's a ton of possible fans for your concept if you can advertise it properly. wink.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Let's say that after V comes out and concept threads regain influence again, I decide to make a concept wiki. Where would be the best place to Promote it and have a thread for it, here or the writers discussion? (I'm opting to go with a concep wiki not only due to the large amount of information I plan to have, but also to give it an "official" look). What are your guy's thoughts?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

I am starting a grassroots effort to help revitalize concept writing and encourage growth after GTA V comes out. Here is a link to the topic on it

Grass Roots Revitalization Movement

The goal is to promote concept writing after the release of GTA V and to get more traffic into the GenChat section as a result as well as to promote quality writing. The agenda is listed in the topic if you believe you can help out with any of the items in there your help would be appreciated.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I think the fact that GTA V has been delayed will probably bring a few people back to this section since the hype for that game will no doubt have been dampened a bit. The late release will also mean that next year will probably be a good year for V related DLC concepts and the like.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I just made a "Music of Grand Theft Auto IV"-esque soundtrack listing for my wiki. If you guys would like to listen to it and tell me if it captures the "feel" of it and if the music is good enough to be in a GTA game, I would really appreciate it! icon14.gif

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 01:23)
I just made a "Music of Grand Theft Auto IV"-esque soundtrack listing for my wiki. If you guys would like to listen to it and tell me if it captures the "feel" of it and if the music is good enough to be in a GTA game, I would really appreciate it! icon14.gif

I mean, I appreciate a guy putting work into an idea on here but sorry; I'm just not into the idea of a GTA set in Canada. The franchise is traditionally supposed to be centre'd around American culture using the several iconic cities like New York and LA which have been so glorified by Hollywood and pop culture. The only thing that I've seen that could come close is London (Tyla hit the nail on the head).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Friday, Feb 1 2013, 22:07)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 01:23)
I just made a "Music of Grand Theft Auto IV"-esque soundtrack listing for my wiki. If you guys would like to listen to it and tell me if it captures the "feel" of it and if the music is good enough to be in a GTA game, I would really appreciate it!  icon14.gif

I mean, I appreciate a guy putting work into an idea on here but sorry; I'm just not into the idea of a GTA set in Canada. The franchise is traditionally supposed to be centre'd around American culture using the several iconic cities like New York and LA which have been so glorified by Hollywood and pop culture. The only thing that I've seen that could come close is London (Tyla hit the nail on the head).

Alright man, appreciate your honesty icon14.gif but just because one does not see potential in an idea, it doesn't mean it can't work out. I do agree with you though, Tyla captured 1980s London perfectly, but I personally think that Canada has a lot of potential. Crime-wise, you've got the Quebec Biker War, the Vancouver Gang War, and the Sydney River Murders. As far as culture goes, you've got the Ontario club scene, the white-trash Nova Scotia "Trailer Park Boy" theme, and so on. In my opinion, each country and region has crime and unique culture that has the potential to be "hit on the head", so to speak.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Somebody should capitalize on a prequel concept for Michael, about his life on the East coast and the events leading up to his witness protection deal with the FIB. I'm sure people would jump all over that.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 01:25)
Somebody should capitalize on a prequel concept for Michael, about his life on the East coast and the events leading up to his witness protection deal with the FIB. I'm sure people would jump all over that.

GTA-King maybe?

Ebretag
  • Ebretag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a few ideas I would love to see.

1. Building damage.
Permanent, Realistic, and unlimited. I would love to ultimately be able to level the entire city. (Besides you could always just start a new game)

2. Set number of people.
A population of say a few million should be good. Once they're all dead there's nobody around. (As well as buildings and vehicles).

3. Once 100% is achieved the game unlocks a "Zombie" mode.
The remaining people turn into zombies. (If you haven't killed everyone already that is). This would be a good reason to work hard at obtaining 100% completion and still have lots of fun with the game.

I don't know how possible these ideas are but I just wanted to get them out there.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Ebretag @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 13:55)
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a few ideas I would love to see.

1. Building damage.
Permanent, Realistic, and unlimited. I would love to ultimately be able to level the entire city. (Besides you could always just start a new game)

2. Set number of people.
A population of say a few million should be good. Once they're all dead there's nobody around. (As well as buildings and vehicles).

3. Once 100% is achieved the game unlocks a "Zombie" mode.
The remaining people turn into zombies. (If you haven't killed everyone already that is). This would be a good reason to work hard at obtaining 100% completion and still have lots of fun with the game.

I don't know how possible these ideas are but I just wanted to get them out there.

Wishlist thread is what you're looking for. I don't think any of the those ideas are very good - building damage is cool for sure, but unrealistic and difficult to implement. It's a waste of time and resources to do, really. Second, there's no point in setting the population of the city. Either you want to cram the game full of peds so it will crash, or you want no peds for peace of mind, but in the latter case we have the option in free roam for multiplayer. Lastly, a zombie mode is basically just very unoriginal and has been suggested too many times before; they did it for Red Dead Redemption, but I don't know if they would do that with GTA V. Not that I don't want to see it happen, cause I think GTA is the perfect basis for a zombie game, but I wouldn't count on it. It's a very extraneous feature.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Just for reference for my concept, what are the odds of a mafia family letting a non-Italian become a made man (a German to be exact)?

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 03:11)
Just for reference for my concept, what are the odds of a mafia family letting a non-Italian become a made man (a German to be exact)?

Many made men were actually half-Italian. Many were Italian with Irish, Russian, and Greek (I think?). BUT, someone with no Italian/Sicilian background cannot be made men, or even be a soldier in the Mafia. But, it does matter what Mafia you're talking about.

Italian? Russian? There's a Serbian mafia which German capos from Germany had small factions that got in good hands with the Italian mafia. Maybe look into that.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 04:42)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 03:11)

Many made men were actually half-Italian. Many were Italian with Irish, Russian, and Greek (I think?). BUT, someone with no Italian/Sicilian background cannot be made men, or even be a soldier in the Mafia. But, it does matter what Mafia you're talking about.

Italian? Russian? There's a Serbian mafia which German capos from Germany had small factions that got in good hands with the Italian mafia. Maybe look into that.

Yeah basically a guy has to be Italian on either his mother or his father's side (preferrably his father's) and in most cases have an italian surname to become a member of La Cosa Nostra. The furthest a non-italian can move up is the level of associate, although there have been some really powerful associates within some mafia families over the years.. a prime example would be Jimmy Burke (the guy played by Robert DeNiro in Goodfellas) who had his own crew operating directly under Paul Vario - a capo in the Lucchese Family.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi, I've updated my concept thread: Grand Theft Auto America, and I would appreciate it, if you guys would read it and shared your thoughts about it by replying on the thread. Link in my sig.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

You know how nonretard made a modern-day III era vice city? What if I were to make a modern-day III-era Liberty City, but with new characters, a new plot, etc.?

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 01:09)
You know how nonretard made a modern-day III era vice city? What if I were to make a modern-day III-era Liberty City, but with new characters, a new plot, etc.?

I really don't know? GTAIII was modern itself.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 21:04)

I really don't know? GTAIII was modern itself.

But I mean 2013-ish. III's Liberty City was so "under development", so to speak. For example, we never saw how that building in Fort Staunton turned out, we never found out what happened to the Leones after Salvatore's death, etc.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

GTA III era was blanket enough but I would appreciate a good III era story. However probably people won't pay too much attention on it. I think GTA III era fan concepts should be appreciated as GTA IV concepts were done once or GTA V concepts are done recently. Maybe a wide, good fan concept would change people's mind. I will be supporting you if you have a project like that. As I'm working on a GTA San Andreas prequel tells the story of early 1990's (1990-1991) San Andreas through the Ballas member Kane (from San Andreas mission "Los Sepulcros"), I'm planning a wide, blanket story that will answer lots of questions people have their minds about SA and put lots of story elements into blanket San Andreas. Maybe projects/concepts like them would shine the star of GTA III-era.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 12:30)

GTA III era was blanket enough but I would appreciate a good III era story. However probably people won't pay too much attention on it. I think GTA III era fan concepts should be appreciated as GTA IV concepts were done once or GTA V concepts are done recently. Maybe a wide, good fan concept would change people's mind. I will be supporting you if you have a project like that. As I'm working on a GTA San Andreas prequel tells the story of early 1990's (1990-1991) San Andreas through the Ballas member Kane (from San Andreas mission "Los Sepulcros"), I'm planning a wide, blanket story that will answer lots of questions people have their minds about SA and put lots of story elements into blanket San Andreas. Maybe projects/concepts like them would shine the star of GTA III-era.

I think since the GTA III era games have been released on PSN people might have a bit more of an interest in III era concepts after replaying them. GTA III was pretty modern though so a 2013 concept would be quite similar to the original but be too far removed (12 years) from the timeline to have any real connection to it. Most of the gangs in GTA III would probably have long since dissolved and Claude would be almost in his 50s now. If you were to do a direct sequal to GTA III the best year to set it in would probably be 2003/2004 in my opinion. I think a prequel or a sequel to SA would be a lot more popular since it could effectively bridge some of the gap between either Vice City and San Andreas or San Andreas and Liberty City Stories. Before I did The Code of The Streets I had been doing a little bit of work on a prequel to San Andreas set in 1990.. I still have some of the soundtrack etc. on my computer that you could use

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users