The Creators Lounge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,162 replies to this topic
TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:20 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 01 September 2012 - 08:59 PM.

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 23:06)
Are concept threads still popular now-a-days? Recently rewrote the story to my 1980s Philadelphia-based concept and was wondering whether it was worth posting or not?

That's good choice, mate. Philadelphia is a potential city for GTA and the timeline choice's good, too. According to what I read about crime in Philadelphia, Crime in 1980's Philadelphia is more "rich" than other years. But if we come to your question "Are concept threads still popular now-a-days?", unfortunately they're not because many people are occupied with GTA V section.

QUOTE (Yossarianite)

Umm... guys I was thinking about making a thread and I wanted to know I can make references using actual gta v pics and propose theories based on these pics,

I mean, can I do a concept in which I will derive most of the theories and concepts based on these pics and what I think the game is about, what I think the game contains?

This would be good. Because there are some potential theories such as RUSH project (I think RUSH has a big possibility to be about GTA V). RUSH has interesting character types. I see great potential. Good Luck. smile.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:56 PM Edited by LuisBellic, 08 September 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Im remaking King of the City. Instead of a GTA IV DLC it will tell about Willy's early drug dealing years how he becomes the leader of the dominican mob and the rest of the story starts during GTA IV and it's episodes. If my King of the City story is a success I will make King Of The City 2 and if that one is aswell i'll make a third one.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

best advice is not to get too far ahead of yourself. have a goal for the first game and once you've got to the climax mission, the turning point, start to think about the next game whilst writing the last few missions for the first. main reason being that you could end up contradicting yourself in the second game. naturally develop the characters through the storyline of the first, then start to think of the second game with more fleshed out characters with motives and agendas.

after reading about this man I'm gonna include a Bubbles like character in AITG as a moral guardian of sorts, he and Papi can relate on former bad habits and provide a different insight on the streets from a person caught between the lines of being a criminal and civvie.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 20:56)
Im remaking King of the City. Instead of a GTA IV DLC it will tell about Willy's early drug dealing years how he becomes the leader of the dominican mob and the rest of the story starts during GTA IV and it's episodes. If my King of the City story is a success I will make King Of The City 2 and if that one is aswell i'll make a third one.

This is a good idea that is about drug thing and I think this will definitely show us Luis Lopez's part too. Good lad, mate. icon14.gif But I wonder what if there is a third one.
______

I've watched The Wire so far and I really inspired of its concern about drug organizations. It shows us really good. I would make a concept which goes by this way. I'm planning to show drug crews with "The Wire style". I have two ideas but I do not know which I should go for it.

1. I think Jermaine Andrews, Broker and the project gang is promising for this idea. If I go by this idea, I'm planning a Jermaine start as a street dealer in a tiny crew of his organization, just like D'Angelo Barksdale's crew, The Pit. Also I'm planning to separate Firefly Projects dealers into two different organization, first one will be the organization Jermaine is in, meanwhile the other is an other organization who antagonizes Jermaine's organization. Even the game starts through the fights between these two gangs' fight for taking over the projects. The game would start Jermaine and his buddies get beaten by the rival projects gang. I'm not sure but I would connect the police attention on Jermaine during "Easy Fare" to a snitch or an undercover detective who does jobs with Jermaine's organization. If I go with the undercover detective idea, this is the thing I fict; Jermaine's organization learns that that man is the undercover detective who gets police attention on them, so they shut him, so this leads the connection between Jermaine's organization and the Greek who had had close ties with the undercover detective. I figured Greeks because the game will mostly concern on Broker and Dukes are even the Russian Mafia would get a way for this. I would like to presume Jermaine a little brother who is only a child but he's a brainwashed corner kid just like Kenard from The Wire and Tomas Cantillo from Breaking Bad. I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

About Jermaine's rise: I'm planning Jermaine as Bodie this way, who does whatever it takes for getting "juice". I'm not sure but Jermaine would get promoted after he takes out his crew chief (I did not fict why he kills his crew chief for sure. As Jermaine rises he becomes high-tempered, angry, hot-headed man just like Walter White, Tony Montana etc.

2. My second idea is concerning on crack cocaine epidemic in Los Santos meanwhile I touch the situations in "The Wire Style". The game is definitely set on GTA III-Era Los Santos, possibly at the year 1990 or 1991. If the main crew is Ballas, this will be a good idea I think. I'm not sure about the protagonist but Kane or Little Weasel sounds good. The protag would start as a street dealer or a chief of a tiny crew. Also I'm planning to figure Ballas' crack cook as Tenpenny's nephew who is loyal to his gang but also gets threatened by his uncle wihch will lead his fate (after police gets too much on Ballas, the gang thinks there's a snitch in their organization, after they learn cook is Tenpenny's nephew they order a hit on the cook meanwhile Tenpenny does so because he thinks his nephew would talk against him). Also this game idea would be a good way to see how Smoke gets tied with Ballas, how Tenpenny gets affiliated with gangs such as Ballas, Vagos etc. , how tough Grove Street OGs get prisoned to crack sh*t, even I will touch on them too. Maybe I would (probably) touch the crime in San Fierro that includes pshychopath chica gang leader T-Bone Mendez, interesting pimp Jizzy, undercover agent Mike Toreno. As the first idea, I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

The both ideas sound good, so I can't decide which one I should go for. Can you help me about it, guys? Anyways I will continue AMAI, and I'm planning to air this idea concept after it, probably after GTA Series Chat section livens up back.

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 15:53)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 20:56)

This is a good idea that is about drug thing and I think this will definitely show us Luis Lopez's part too. Good lad, mate. icon14.gif But I wonder what if there is a third one.
______

I've watched The Wire so far and I really inspired of its concern about drug organizations. It shows us really good. I would make a concept which goes by this way. I'm planning to show drug crews with "The Wire style". I have two ideas but I do not know which I should go for it.

1. I think Jermaine Andrews, Broker and the project gang is promising for this idea. If I go by this idea, I'm planning a Jermaine start as a street dealer in a tiny crew of his organization, just like D'Angelo Barksdale's crew, The Pit. Also I'm planning to separate Firefly Projects dealers into two different organization, first one will be the organization Jermaine is in, meanwhile the other is an other organization who antagonizes Jermaine's organization. Even the game starts through the fights between these two gangs' fight for taking over the projects. The game would start Jermaine and his buddies get beaten by the rival projects gang. I'm not sure but I would connect the police attention on Jermaine during "Easy Fare" to a snitch or an undercover detective who does jobs with Jermaine's organization. If I go with the undercover detective idea, this is the thing I fict; Jermaine's organization learns that that man is the undercover detective who gets police attention on them, so they shut him, so this leads the connection between Jermaine's organization and the Greek who had had close ties with the undercover detective. I figured Greeks because the game will mostly concern on Broker and Dukes are even the Russian Mafia would get a way for this. I would like to presume Jermaine a little brother who is only a child but he's a brainwashed corner kid just like Kenard from The Wire and Tomas Cantillo from Breaking Bad. I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

About Jermaine's rise: I'm planning Jermaine as Bodie this way, who does whatever it takes for getting "juice". I'm not sure but Jermaine would get promoted after he takes out his crew chief (I did not fict why he kills his crew chief for sure. As Jermaine rises he becomes high-tempered, angry, hot-headed man just like Walter White, Tony Montana etc.

2. My second idea is concerning on crack cocaine epidemic in Los Santos meanwhile I touch the situations in "The Wire Style". The game is definitely set on GTA III-Era Los Santos, possibly at the year 1990 or 1991. If the main crew is Ballas, this will be a good idea I think. I'm not sure about the protagonist but Kane or Little Weasel sounds good. The protag would start as a street dealer or a chief of a tiny crew. Also I'm planning to figure Ballas' crack cook as Tenpenny's nephew who is loyal to his gang but also gets threatened by his uncle wihch will lead his fate (after police gets too much on Ballas, the gang thinks there's a snitch in their organization, after they learn cook is Tenpenny's nephew they order a hit on the cook meanwhile Tenpenny does so because he thinks his nephew would talk against him). Also this game idea would be a good way to see how Smoke gets tied with Ballas, how Tenpenny gets affiliated with gangs such as Ballas, Vagos etc. , how tough Grove Street OGs get prisoned to crack sh*t, even I will touch on them too. Maybe I would (probably) touch the crime in San Fierro that includes pshychopath chica gang leader T-Bone Mendez, interesting pimp Jizzy, undercover agent Mike Toreno. As the first idea, I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

The both ideas sound good, so I can't decide which one I should go for. Can you help me about it, guys? Anyways I will continue AMAI, and I'm planning to air this idea concept after it, probably after GTA Series Chat section livens up back.

@MarijuanaMonkey: Heh you should collaborate with Claude4Catalina cause he has the same exact direction with his concept All In the Game.
@Luisbellic: If you're starting up again, you know you've got my support.

This is who you think it is by the way, decided on impulse to make an alt account. smile.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 18:56)
This is who you think it is by the way, decided on impulse to make an alt account. smile.gif

I'm thinking of making a new account for myself too. I was going to hold out until V2 but it doesn't look like it's coming any time this decade biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm currently working on the next chapter for Family Ties... it's gonna be another long one since a lot of new characters are being introduced but hopefully it wont put people off reading it.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:58 AM Edited by LuisBellic, 14 September 2012 - 03:02 AM.

QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 17:56)

@Akaviri Good to see your still on GTAForums man.

This time i'll try to perfect my KOTC story.
The first few missions will focuse on Willy's early dealing years with Luis, Oscar, Alonso, Armando, Henrique, and Teddy
Playboy X and Jermaine Andrews appear aswell.
The rest of the story will be set in 2008.

King of The City 2 will be set in 2013. And will also feature Anywhere City and Upstate Liberty.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:10 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 14 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 02:58)
QUOTE (Akaviri @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 17:56)

@Akaviri Good to see your still on GTAForums man.

This time i'll try to perfect my KOTC story.
The first few missions will focuse on Willy's early dealing years with Luis, Oscar, Alonso, Armando, Henrique, and Teddy
Playboy X and Jermaine Andrews appear aswell.
The rest of the story will be set in 2008.

King of The City 2 will be set in 2013. And will also feature Anywhere City and Upstate Liberty.

These are good ideas. Willy's past timelife would be ficted better than the episodes during GTA IV, but if I don't understand wrong, just first few missions will touch on Willy's early years in the drug business. Also I think reflecting gangs in "The Wire" style would work perfect. Willy would probably start as a petty street dealer along with his buddies (we know them already).

But Jermaine sounds like a Broker hoodie, meanwhile Willy is an Uptown drug dealer.

Also Carcer City would be a good setting for a story of a "businessman", just like Willy.

I'm planning to get faster on AMAI (actually I'd planned to write 30 missions of the story so far this time but I did not go by this way because... ) but it does not take interest. Despite of the fact that my last mission which is a shocking and a fateful mission, any people didn't bring a comment. Because of these, I think it's unnecessary if people does not give any interest.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:17 AM Edited by LuisBellic, 15 September 2012 - 05:20 AM.

The King of The City Trilogy will last from 2008 to 2020.

Heres how im planning things out

Missions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be set early while the rest of the missions take place directly after Niko kills Faustin in Master and The Molotov

Im planning on returning most of the mission givers from the old topic (minus Phil Bell). Aswell as some new ones (Im not sure yet,)

My trilogy wont really get too over the top (except for dogfights in KOTC 2) until KOTC 3.

I'll try and do as best grammar as I can since im only 14.

I'll prolly post it within 4 days.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Okay, everyone. I decided to go with the second idea because there are lots of fan concepts on IV and the other games' concepts are less. Also San Andreas has a rich story, let's make it richer then!

Probably the game will turn around Ballas, and probably Kane will be the protagonist. I am planning Kane start as a street dealer in The Front Yard Ballas or The Rollin' Heights Ballas but probably in FYB set. Kane will definitely start in a tiny crew like D'Angelo Barksdale's crew, The Pit. I'm plannig the police keeping an eye on the crew chief of Kane in the beginning, following him forever we can say. I am planning to fict Ballas' top man as a tough, hard man like Avon Barksdale but actually his underboss is the man who is the confidental face, like Stringer Bell. One of the Balla cooks will be Tenpenny's nephew who is a loyal homeboy but often gets threatened by his uncle Frank. When the heat on Ballas gets increased day by day, this will lead Ballas, there's a snitch in the gang and the gang will order an OG to look the gang for a rat. So all attention will be drawed on the cook.

About Ballas plays on Grove Street, we will see how Big Smoke turns against his "dogs". Also Ballas will hire some GS crackheads to push their drugs in Grove Street, confidentally recruit new men for them. Maybe we would see the ways Sweet treats for it.

Los Santos Vagos and Ballas relationship will be too flexible. Sometimes they're cool, sometimes they're bad I can say. Freddy will probably a runner boy that works in stash houses, but he mostly acts a little corner kids for the products. Freddy will originally lusty about girls but we will understand that he turns homo to Loc because of lack of "muchachas" inside. I don't decide about Big Poppa for sure but I would like to presume him as a respectful member that goes between Ballas and Vagos.

Also we will see Little Weasel as a little boy just like Kane but he will rise higher places than Kane.

I will touch on how Ballas get in touch with Loco Syndicate, a community of honour drug dealers.

That is it all, FOR NOW!

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

great idea mate, cant wait to see it come into fruition!

one thing that bothered me about San Andreas was how little we saw of the Ballas command structure, given how they were secondary antagonists they seemed to be pretty much pallette swaps for the less used gangs. glad you've decided to include the higher ups and the Police angle...gices it the feel of it being more than a simple hood story using San Andreas as a backdrop, it'll feel like a proper prequel to San Andreas. cant wait for it man!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 12:50)

2. My second idea is concerning on crack cocaine epidemic in Los Santos meanwhile I touch the situations in "The Wire Style". The game is definitely set on GTA III-Era Los Santos, possibly at the year 1990 or 1991. If the main crew is Ballas, this will be a good idea I think. I'm not sure about the protagonist but Kane or Little Weasel sounds good. The protag would start as a street dealer or a chief of a tiny crew.  Also I'm planning to figure Ballas' crack cook as Tenpenny's nephew who is loyal to his gang but also gets threatened by his uncle wihch will lead his fate (after police gets too much on Ballas, the gang thinks there's a snitch in their organization, after they learn cook is Tenpenny's nephew they order a hit on the cook meanwhile Tenpenny does so because he thinks his nephew would talk against him). Also this game idea would be a good way to see how Smoke gets tied with Ballas, how Tenpenny gets affiliated with gangs such as Ballas, Vagos etc. , how tough Grove Street OGs get prisoned to crack sh*t, even I will touch on them too. Maybe I would (probably) touch the crime in San Fierro that includes pshychopath chica gang leader T-Bone Mendez, interesting pimp Jizzy, undercover agent Mike Toreno. As the first idea, I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

Okay, everyone. I decided to go with the second idea because there are lots of fan concepts on IV and the other games' concepts are less. Also San Andreas has a rich story, let's make it richer then!

Probably the game will turn around Ballas, and probably Kane will be the protagonist. I am planning Kane start as a street dealer in The Front Yard Ballas or The Rollin' Heights Ballas but probably in FYB set. Kane will definitely start in a tiny crew like D'Angelo Barksdale's crew, The Pit. I'm plannig the police keeping an eye on the crew chief of Kane in the beginning, following him forever we can say. I am planning to fict Ballas' top man as a tough, hard man like Avon Barksdale but actually his underboss is the man who is the confidental face, like Stringer Bell. One of the Balla cooks will be Tenpenny's nephew who is a loyal homeboy but often gets threatened by his uncle Frank. When the heat on Ballas gets increased day by day, this will lead Ballas, there's a snitch in the gang and the gang will order an OG to look the gang for a rat. So all attention will be drawed on the cook.

About Ballas plays on Grove Street, we will see how Big Smoke turns against his "dogs". Also Ballas will hire some GS crackheads to push their drugs in Grove Street, confidentally recruit new men for them. Maybe we would see the ways Sweet treats for it.

Los Santos Vagos and Ballas relationship will be too flexible. Sometimes they're cool, sometimes they're bad I can say. Freddy will probably a runner boy that works in stash houses, but he mostly acts a little corner kids for the products. Freddy will originally lusty about girls but we will understand that he turns homo to Loc because of lack of "muchachas" inside. I don't decide about Big Poppa for sure but I would like to presume him as a respectful member that goes between Ballas and Vagos.

Also we will see Little Weasel as a little boy just like Kane but he will rise higher places than Kane.

I will touch on how Ballas get in touch with Loco Syndicate, a community of honour drug dealers.

That is it all, FOR NOW!

It sounds like a good concept but it probably wont get much attention because nobody really reads concepts anymore.. especially GTA III era concepts. Also one thing that I must point out.. you mention the cook(s) as if they are valuable members of the gang but the thing is crack has a simple formula that anybody can make.. it's just cocaine, baking soda and water. Unlike other drugs like Crystal Meth (which is probably where you got the idea of cooks i.e breaking bad) there is no great knowledge or skill needed to cook it so virtually any dealer within the crew could be a cook. That was part of the reason why crack took off in such a big way - because it was easy to make, easy to get hooked on and most of all easy to sell, this is how crack dealers in the 80s and early 90s got rich so fast compared to heroin or coke dealers in previous or subsequent decades for example. An interesting thing to note is that when crack took off powder coke dealers also made a lot of money as a result for this reason I would say a business relationship between the Ballas and one of the hispanic gangs would be a good idea to have in your story.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 18:33)
QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 12:50)

2. My second idea is concerning on crack cocaine epidemic in Los Santos meanwhile I touch the situations in "The Wire Style". The game is definitely set on GTA III-Era Los Santos, possibly at the year 1990 or 1991. If the main crew is Ballas, this will be a good idea I think. I'm not sure about the protagonist but Kane or Little Weasel sounds good. The protag would start as a street dealer or a chief of a tiny crew.  Also I'm planning to figure Ballas' crack cook as Tenpenny's nephew who is loyal to his gang but also gets threatened by his uncle wihch will lead his fate (after police gets too much on Ballas, the gang thinks there's a snitch in their organization, after they learn cook is Tenpenny's nephew they order a hit on the cook meanwhile Tenpenny does so because he thinks his nephew would talk against him). Also this game idea would be a good way to see how Smoke gets tied with Ballas, how Tenpenny gets affiliated with gangs such as Ballas, Vagos etc. , how tough Grove Street OGs get prisoned to crack sh*t, even I will touch on them too. Maybe I would (probably) touch the crime in San Fierro that includes pshychopath chica gang leader T-Bone Mendez, interesting pimp Jizzy, undercover agent Mike Toreno. As the first idea, I'm planning things like conquering drug corners, stealing stashes, taking over drug dens etc.

That is it all, FOR NOW!

It sounds like a good concept but it probably wont get much attention because nobody really reads concepts anymore.. especially GTA III era concepts. Also one thing that I must point out.. you mention the cook(s) as if they are valuable members of the gang but the thing is crack has a simple formula that anybody can make.. it's just cocaine, baking soda and water. Unlike other drugs like Crystal Meth (which is probably where you got the idea of cooks i.e breaking bad) there is no great knowledge or skill needed to cook it so virtually any dealer within the crew could be a cook. That was part of the reason why crack took off in such a big way - because it was easy to make, easy to get hooked on and most of all easy to sell, this is how crack dealers in the 80s and early 90s got rich so fast compared to heroin or coke dealers in previous or subsequent decades for example. An interesting thing to note is that when crack took off powder coke dealers also made a lot of money as a result for this reason I would say a business relationship between the Ballas and one of the hispanic gangs would be a good idea to have in your story.

I know that crack is a simple formula but Ballas are big-operated gang about drugs, so I think special labs for cooking crack would be good and you're right, I got the cook idea mostly from Breaking Bad (Damn, man. I love that show. biggrin.gif ). But we'll see junkies that cooks on his own.

About business partnership between Ballas and Vagos, there will be lots of reasons, lots of ties for this and I thought about the dust coke plot you said and think it would be a good reason for it (because the Latin have been the most powerful dust cocaine pusher for all time). However like I say, Ballas and Vagos will not have good, hard banging, tied relationship forever, they will have real flexible relationship, sometimes about "business world", sometimes about "capitulations", sometimes Tenpenny screws up this.

You're right that it probably won't get much attention, people really does not interest in GTA III Era concepts, also of the recession of the concept thread section. I am planning to do this concept after AMAI but at the same time, I'll work on it. I am planning to officially post and do on it after concept section resurrects (perhaps).

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina)

great idea mate, cant wait to see it come into fruition!

one thing that bothered me about San Andreas was how little we saw of the Ballas command structure, given how they were secondary antagonists they seemed to be pretty much pallette swaps for the less used gangs. glad you've decided to include the higher ups and the Police angle...gices it the feel of it being more than a simple hood story using San Andreas as a backdrop, it'll feel like a proper prequel to San Andreas. cant wait for it man!

Thanks, mate. I agree about the way how San Andreas reflected gangs, especially the rival gangs; actually I think Ballas is a type of Barksdale Crew. Meanwhile I'll reflect "Boyz 'N The Hood", I'll reflect how a corrupt state San Andreas is; gangsters that only think about "juice", gangsters who get involved in crime unwillingly, a very few saints that bullsh*ts "Homies 4 Life, Brothers 4 Life" (you got who I am telling about), corrupt officers, also classical pure officer who try to stand clean in a state of dirts, prostitute teen girls, fake ass kids who really think they're gangsta etc.

Also how about All In The Game, man?

I will need so much help of you guys, because you're real masters to concept threads and know much about the crime thing.

I am thinking about the name of the concept I think of something;

- City On The Edge Of Forever
- State On The Edge Of Forever
- All About Juice (Probably I won't use it, because it sounds like "boogerballed" of All In The Game)
- From The Glass' Empty Side
- Empty Side Of The Glass
- The Abyss

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 20:13)
I know that crack is a simple formula but Ballas are big-operated gang about drugs, so I think special labs for cooking crack would be good and you're right, I got the cook idea mostly from Breaking Bad (Damn, man. I love that show.  biggrin.gif ). But we'll see junkies that cooks on his own.

About business partnership between Ballas and Vagos, there will be lots of reasons, lots of ties for this and I thought about the dust coke plot you said and think it would be a good reason for it (because the Latin have been the most powerful dust cocaine pusher for all time). However like I say, Ballas and Vagos will not have good, hard banging, tied relationship forever, they will have real flexible relationship, sometimes about "business world", sometimes about "capitulations", sometimes Tenpenny screws up this.

You're right that it probably won't get much attention, people really does not interest in GTA III Era concepts, also of the recession of the concept thread section. I am planning to do this concept after AMAI but at the same time, I'll work on it. I am planning to officially post and do on it after concept section resurrects (perhaps).

Yeah that's true they would need a lab to cook large quantities in a short space of time but my point still stands in that the dudes who cook the crack would be expendable so giving value to a character based on his status as a cook would not be good. If he goes hard and puts in a lot of work for his gang then that alone would give him status but if he is high up in the gang he would probably not be cooking crack.. he'd be working in distribution. For example Nicky Barnes (who was a major heroin dealer in New York in the 70s FTWDK) used to have random girls cut and package his drugs so that if one of his stash houses got busted it would be nothing to him if everybody got busted.. he would just go out and find more girls. He also used to have them do it completely naked so that they couldn't steal anything (a practice inaccurately attributed to Frank Lucas in American Gangster). For this reason I think the dudes who cook the crack should be low level gangsters on par with the street dealers. The lab (or each individual lab) would probably also have a supervisor, somebody who's been banging for a number of years, kind of like D'Angelo in the Wire who had responsibility over one project in West Baltimore.

I've been planning on doing a somewhat similar concept for some time now partially based around Dwayne Forge and The North Holland Hustlers during the early-mid 90s which also draws a lot of inspiration from The Wire. I'm thinking of not doing it until after I get finished with Family Ties (whenever that is) though so if you're planning on doing your topic soon we can both do them without stepping on each other's toes. I see C4C's topic being even more similar but a lot of the ideas he had regarding the Liberty City Co-op etc. were similar to ones I had too so if they both come to fruition then I supose they could act as sort of like spiritual sequals/prequals to each other or something. As I say though that aspect will only be part of the story so it shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 21:42)
QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 20:13)
I know that crack is a simple formula but Ballas are big-operated gang about drugs, so I think special labs for cooking crack would be good and you're right, I got the cook idea mostly from Breaking Bad (Damn, man. I love that show.  biggrin.gif ). But we'll see junkies that cooks on his own.

Yeah that's true they would need a lab to cook large quantities in a short space of time but my point still stands in that the dudes who cook the crack would be expendable so giving value to a character based on his status as a cook would not be good. If he goes hard and puts in a lot of work for his gang then that alone would give him status but if he is high up in the gang he would probably not be cooking crack.. he'd be working in distribution. For example Nicky Barnes (who was a major heroin dealer in New York in the 70s FTWDK) used to have random girls cut and package his drugs so that if one of his stash houses got busted it would be nothing to him if everybody got busted.. he would just go out and find more girls. He also used to have them do it completely naked so that they couldn't steal anything (a practice inaccurately attributed to Frank Lucas in American Gangster). For this reason I think the dudes who cook the crack should be low level gangsters on par with the street dealers. The lab (or each individual lab) would probably also have a supervisor, somebody who's been banging for a number of years, kind of like D'Angelo in the Wire who had responsibility over one project in West Baltimore.

I've been planning on doing a somewhat similar concept for some time now partially based around Dwayne Forge and The North Holland Hustlers during the early-mid 90s which also draws a lot of inspiration from The Wire. I'm thinking of not doing it until after I get finished with Family Ties (whenever that is) though so if you're planning on doing your topic soon we can both do them without stepping on each other's toes. I see C4C's topic being even more similar but a lot of the ideas he had regarding the Liberty City Co-op etc. were similar to ones I had too so if they both come to fruition then I supose they could act as sort of like spiritual sequals/prequals to each other or something. As I say though that aspect will only be part of the story so it shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.

Actually you're right about the cooking guys. Generally low-level thugs are seen on the cooking section from crime TV series and real-life gangsters. I'd thought about something different about "Tenpenny's nephew situation". Tenpenny's nephew would be a crew chief under a Ballas set (probably Front Yard Ballas), after Balla top men suspect that the reason why their jobs are disturbed by police is a snitch, so they order set's top men (probably Front Yard Ballas top men) to search the crews for a possible snitch. When they find a crew chief is Officer Tenpenny's nephew, also they saw the chief with him several times, his execution is ordered. After his death, Kane's crew chief would be promoted to Tenpenny's nephew place, meanwhile this would lead Kane's promotion in his own crew.

However this does not mean we won't see Balla labs, we'll see Balla lab lots of time, especially when processing Ballas-Vagos relationship and Ballas-Loco Syndicate connection.

Also meanwhile I'll touch on how Big Smoke starts to sell his "dogs" down the river, I am planning to show how he started to produce crack, probably this will mean how Big Smoke got a big factory to produce crack. Even during the middle of they story, Ballas will hear about a crack producer named Big Smoke and start to search about it.

Game will be set during 1990 and 1991 years.

About saying about the concept, first purpose of mine is finishing AMAI and after starting this concept but meanwhile I do AMAI, I'll be working on this concept.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 19:13)

progress report: two missions away from finishing my Vietnam convept so work on All In The Game will start again soon. also got next week off work so between learning to drive I'm gonna grind away at the Nam concept then start work on AITG again.

I'm piecing together the resolution from the climax, in order of events.

Papi is sprung from LCPD custody and owes favours left right and centre:

LCPD LT claims to have had a hand in getting Papi off the hook and forces him into taking over territory in Broker to raise their crime rate to make the Bohan district look better, the LT would rather a controllable gang holds turf there, rather than some jumped up corner kids. Papi also aids the Bubbles-type cigarette vendor in ridding his block of drug dealers, stating that morally, 'Bubs' would rather a legal drug be on the streets with no violence than crack and heroin being pushed in his hood, thus increasing likelihood of violent conduct. Result being that Papi runs Broker with some corners to deal on and gets a safe haven within Broker's homeless community. however, one rogue Vice Detective threatens to ruin the entire show.

Saint claims to have played a part helping Papi, and needs his help in return. Saint has set Liz up into a trap (Shifting Weight) and also played Devar into trying to jack the deal as shown. Saint wants Papi to jump Devar but when the pigs show up the job gets harder but completed in the end. result being that Fernando believes Papi squealled on Liz during his short time in exchange for immunity, leading to a turf war, fighting for control of Bohan. after Papi leads a raid on Fernando's strip club and kills him, Co Op meetings are now held in the Triangle Club and Papi has gained control of the whole of Bohan.

The Greeks also claim to have helped Papi, and to repay the favour they ask him to kill Joe Corrola. the hit is successful but Papi's outlived his usefullness to the Greeks and in unison with the LCPD LT, Papi foils the Greeks plot to kill him once he secures the product on a drug run, killing the Vice Detective and making off with the product in the process. with the cops all over the Greeks they decide to close up shop and open up elsewhere, leaving Papi's gang with control over Bohan and Broker and enough product to tide them over, they've truely won the game.

the end credits roll as a dedication to all of those who died in the line of fire on the streets, showing their death scenes from the first mission right up until the last kill.

as a side note; can anyone think of any decent puns on Baltimore, Maryland and its nickname, Bodymore, Murderland? I want to use Papi's gang as the NY Domincans mentioned frequently in the first few seasons of The Wire, as an ode to the game's rootes.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Here's my Philadelphia-based concept I was telling everyone about. This is just the basic outline for the story:
    When Giovanni “The Gentle Don” Dovi, leader of the Holton Crime Family, is murdered in cold-blood in his own driveway a brutal power struggle grips the city of Holton. Mob associate Joey Morello is stuck in crossfire. New to the world of La Cosa Nostra Joey soon finds himself up to his neck in murder, torture, assassinations, back stabbing and opportunism as every two-bit crook in Holton fights for his slice of the pie. Can Joey survive in the world of the criminal underworld? Will he pick the right side or be just another causality of the vicious gang war? And can this promising new friendship with up-and-coming mobster Mickey Brasca offer him the break he needs?

Giovanni Dovi made a name for himself during his two decades as leader of the Holton Crime Family. Nicknamed “The Gentle Don” due to his preference for democracy over violence, Dovi led the Family through a period of prosperity. Though unbeknownst to him, factions within his organisation were unhappy with certain aspects of Dovi's regime.

The Gentle Don's reign came to an end in 1980 when he was shot in the back of the head by an unknown assailant while sitting in the driving seat of his car outside his home. Giovanni Dovi's assassination caused outrage, not only amongst the Holton Crime Family, but as high up as The Commission - based in Liberty City - who considered Dovi a valuble asset.

Joey Morello was merely a lowly mob associate when the news of Giovanni's death reached him via his contact to the Holton Crime Family - Antonio DiMaggio. Antonio was a capo within the Family and asked Joey to drive him to Giovanni's funeral.

While he was there Joey was introduced to several of Holton's most notorious citizens including: Ralph “Turkey Man” Stanfa (Giovanni's underboss), Marco Pollina (consigiliere), Mickey Brasca (leader of the Pacific City Faction) as well as numerous figures from the various criminal outfits across the city. Alongside the local crooks and mobsters was various members of the “big leaguers” from Liberty City including Jon Gravelli – leader of the Gambetti Family.

Following Giovanni's funeral Marco Pollina was awarded the position of head of the Holton Family, a move which angered some, due to Pollina's opposing views on narcotics and violence – something which him and Giovanni had always clashed over.
    Joey had little time for Family politics though and returned to working for Antonio DiMaggio, pulling off small jobs here and there for meagre amounts of cash. For a while it seemed as if peace had been restored to Holton.

That did not last for long though. When Joey was contacted by Jon Gravelli and asked to help assassinate Marco Pollina – the person who The Commission believed was responsible for Giovanni Dovi's murder – he soon found himself in deeper than he ever thought.

Joey agreed to pick up Marco from the airport and drive him to his home, however The Commission had other plans, and Joey took a detour eventually ending up in a secluded section of the docks where Pollina was greeted by a Gambetti hit squad. They killed Marco and left his body in the boot of the car, his mouth and anus stuffed with dollar bills.

The Commission appointed Ralph “Turkey Man” Stanfa as new head of the Family. Stanfa was old fashioned, much like Dovi, he would steer the organisation back in the right direction they hoped. They were right, during his stint as leader, Ralph continued to do business as he had done under The Gentle Don.

With the assassination of Marco Pollina under his belt Joey started to become known as a trusted face within the Family. He soon found himself working directly for the Turkey Man himself, visiting him on his poultry farm, and carrying out jobs for him – these missions much more deadly and rewarding than what he'd done under DiMaggio.

Where Stanfa differed from Dovi was his stance on violence. Stanfa was not much of a talker and much quicker to pull the trigger than his predecessor. When a argument with Daniel O'Donnell, the leader of the Local Roofer's Union, turned sour Stanfa ordered Joey to kill him. This act of aggression caused tension between the Holton Crime Family and the Irish Mob, who O'Donnell had close ties with.

At this time Joey became more connected with Mickey Brasca, who he'd met at Giovanni's Funeral. Brasca was a hot-headed mobster with a penchant for extreme acts of violence. During Dovi's regime he had been expelled to Pacific City after brutally stabbing a longshoreman to death in a packed restaurant. An act which landed him several years in jail. Upon his release Giovanni sent him to Pacific City to reinvigorate the Family's interests there.

What happened when Brasca reached Pacific City, shocked everyone. A few months after he arrived the City passed a bill making gambling legal within the city limits. Brasca was on the frontline of this new gold rush as millions of pounds of revenue poured into what pundits were calling “the Las Venturas of the East Coast”!

Pacific City remained firmly within the territory of the Holton Family which allowed them to become very powerful. They soon became the largest Family outside of Liberty City. The Family's monopoly over Pacific City angered many people who wanted a slice of the cake. They would have to wait a few more months before they could taste it's sweetness however.

Brasca began giving Joey work in and around Pacific City, most revolving around maintaining the Family's lucrative gambling racket, and making sure nobody from outside the Family was trying to set up shop on their turf.

Mickey then put to Joey a suggestion that took him back at first: “Ralph Stanfa was responsible for Giovanni Dovi's murder, not Marco Pollina.” The idea shook him to his very core, not only was he in part responsible for Pollina's – a possibily innocent man – death but Stanfa was a good friend and somebody Joey had grown to trust.

Joey trusted Mickey as well though. The two had grown close and Joey was willing to believe Brasca's words, even if it meant going against what his gut told him. Mickey decided that instead of going to The Commission – who would no doubt side with Stanfa – they should handle the matter themselves.

The two of them plotted to kill Stanfa in revenge for Giovanni and Pollina's murders. Joey planted a nail bomb under Ralph's porch. The explosive was packed full of roofing nails as if to make Stanfa's murder look like retaliation for the death of Daniel O'Donnell who, ironically, had also died at Joey's hands.

In the aftermath of the Turkey Man's death several people were blamed. A string of revenge attacks and power grabs left dozens of people dead and buried. When the dust finally settled it was Mickey Brasca who emerged as the Holton Family's new Don. Much to the disgruntled mumbles of several leading members.

Joey Morello was made shortly after, a reward for his hard work and loyalty. Meanwhile Mickey Brasca immediately launched a full-scale attack on anyone he believed to be his enemy, using Joey as his main muscle. Alongside dropping the long-honoured tradition of avoiding the narcotics trade (as instilled by Giovanni Dovi), Brasca opened up Pacific City to outside investors. As long as those investors paid a hefty price to the Holton Family though.

Brasca's rule over the Family was long and bloody. He began numerous gang wars with other organisations in the city and even killed several of his own men, anybody who dared oppose him. His actions eventually led to a split within the Family with those loyal to capo Terry Valachi splitting from the rest of the group.

Valachi immediately set about trying to reclaim the Family's rackets from Brasca and begun in Pacific City, where Mickey had made his fortunes on the legal gambling market. Joey now found himself with enemies on all sides. Not only were most of the Holton criminal gangs out to get him but now several members of his own Family had singled him out as a target for supporting Brasca's rise to power.

A brutal civil war followed that left several casualties on both sides. Eventually Terry was arrested and sent to prison for his part in the murder of a Brasca associate. The rest of the Valachi faction soon folded without their leader and the intergang relations were soon resolved through force once again leaving Mickey Brasca as undisputed leader of the Family.

Brasca appointed Joey as his new underboss following the Valachi faction's defeat. It was around this time that Joey was contacted by FBI Special Agent Simon Hasp. Hasp had evidence that linked Brasca to the murder of Giovanni Dovi – putting him at the epicentre of the trouble that had surrounded his death. The Agent also had substantial evidence linking Joey to the death or Pollina, Stanfa, O'Donnell as well as a host of others. He used this against Joey, forcing him to work for him, or face possible life imprison or worse.

Devastated by the news that Brasca was behind Dovi's death, Joey once again set out to set things right. This time he took the evidence to The Commission who sanctioned the hit on Brasca to be carried out by Morello himself. He returned to Holton where he confronted Brasca at his home. A fierce battle ensued with Joey coming out on top, Brasca's bloodied body at his feet.

The Commission decided following Mickey Brasca's death to appoint Joey Morello as new head of the Holton Crime Family.
THE END.[/list]

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

sounds great Jacky Fiend, cant wait to see what you make of it mate!

I'm so close to finishing the Vietnam concept, and I'm excited to start work on AITG again! I've made a silent agreement with myself not to change anything once I've posted it. the reason being that when you buy a book or DVD, you cant send it back to the author or director and demand they dont kill a character or change a scenario, so why should this be any different?

Akaviri
  • Akaviri

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 18:30)
sounds great Jacky Fiend, cant wait to see what you make of it mate!

I'm so close to finishing the Vietnam concept, and I'm excited to start work on AITG again! I've made a silent agreement with myself not to change anything once I've posted it. the reason being that when you buy a book or DVD, you cant send it back to the author or director and demand they dont kill a character or change a scenario, so why should this be any different?

Where can I see this Vietnam concept of yours?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'll give it a proof read then most probably post it in the Gaming Chat section. it wont be huge on graphics nor will it feature much by way of equipment lists. I like to think most people can use their imagination, without the need for visual aid.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 20:44)
QUOTE (MarijuanaMonkey @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 19:13)

progress report: two missions away from finishing my Vietnam convept so work on All In The Game will start again soon. also got next week off work so between learning to drive I'm gonna grind away at the Nam concept then start work on AITG again.

I'm piecing together the resolution from the climax, in order of events.

Papi is sprung from LCPD custody and owes favours left right and centre:

LCPD LT claims to have had a hand in getting Papi off the hook and forces him into taking over territory in Broker to raise their crime rate to make the Bohan district look better, the LT would rather a controllable gang holds turf there, rather than some jumped up corner kids. Papi also aids the Bubbles-type cigarette vendor in ridding his block of drug dealers, stating that morally, 'Bubs' would rather a legal drug be on the streets with no violence than crack and heroin being pushed in his hood, thus increasing likelihood of violent conduct. Result being that Papi runs Broker with some corners to deal on and gets a safe haven within Broker's homeless community. however, one rogue Vice Detective threatens to ruin the entire show.

Saint claims to have played a part helping Papi, and needs his help in return. Saint has set Liz up into a trap (Shifting Weight) and also played Devar into trying to jack the deal as shown. Saint wants Papi to jump Devar but when the pigs show up the job gets harder but completed in the end. result being that Fernando believes Papi squealled on Liz during his short time in exchange for immunity, leading to a turf war, fighting for control of Bohan. after Papi leads a raid on Fernando's strip club and kills him, Co Op meetings are now held in the Triangle Club and Papi has gained control of the whole of Bohan.

The Greeks also claim to have helped Papi, and to repay the favour they ask him to kill Joe Corrola. the hit is successful but Papi's outlived his usefullness to the Greeks and in unison with the LCPD LT, Papi foils the Greeks plot to kill him once he secures the product on a drug run, killing the Vice Detective and making off with the product in the process. with the cops all over the Greeks they decide to close up shop and open up elsewhere, leaving Papi's gang with control over Bohan and Broker and enough product to tide them over, they've truely won the game.

the end credits roll as a dedication to all of those who died in the line of fire on the streets, showing their death scenes from the first mission right up until the last kill.

as a side note; can anyone think of any decent puns on Baltimore, Maryland and its nickname, Bodymore, Murderland? I want to use Papi's gang as the NY Domincans mentioned frequently in the first few seasons of The Wire, as an ode to the game's rootes.

I found LT interesting and beyond-passionated. Also like the way you're trying to show Papi's "businessman" - "legit" side by involving him in a legal, less violent drug.

@Jacky Fiend Sounds like a great mafia story man, can't wait for it.

About my The Wire style San Andreas story, I ficted the beginning and also thought of some events:

Kane starts a street dealer in a small Front Yard Balla crew named "Entourage" (familiar style crew with D'Angelo Barksdale's "The Pit"). In the beginning, Kane and fellow dealers will be shown in patrolling drug sells on the streets. After too many arrests made on Front Yard Ballas set, Ballas' top men will suspect about a possible rat in the set, so they order Mohammad "Poot" Blanc, who is one of the top men in Front Yard set, with search the set for a possible snitch. When "The Homes" crew (which is a bit higher in the hierarchy than "Entourage") chief's ties with notorious Officer Tenpenny is learnt (crew chief is actually loyal homeboy but he gets threatened by his uncle, Tenpenny), both Ballas and Tenpenny (who is afraid of his nephew by thinking he knows too much) order an hit on the chief, Tenpenny's hit will end with success but this will bring suspects out ot the Ballas and this will lead the first meeting with Ballas and Tenpenny. Kane's crew chief Bulleye is promoted to crew chief position of "The Homes", also this leads Kane's promotion to the position of crew chief of "Entourage". Kane will be seen trying to run a crew, become crew of his chief but at the same friends of the crew dealers. However this search of Kane will get his head in trouble, even leads him to fall from grace; Kane helps a fellow dealer named Marlon "Marlo" Wallace who wants to leave the line of crime. This leads Kane's demotion of backing his street dealer days in a "border tricking" used crew of East Los Santos Front Yard Ballas which is at the same place in the hierarchy with "Entourage". Meanwhile Kane's former fellow dealers in "Entourage" Jordan "Pawn" Carter and Sean "Snoop" Farsdale kill their buddy Marlo and Pawn gets promoted to crew chief of "Entourage" meanwhile Snoop becomes his right hand man. Kane will be shown as caring and protective about him because he is afraid of his safety. When Kilo Tray Ballas need high amount of cooks, they use low-level members of their set but also take men from other sets. So Kane is sent to Kilo Tray Ballas' main den to cooking crack. There, Kane will meet Little Weasel who is a low-level member that is on the processes of production and distribution (acting as a croner kids, distributing little amounts of crack). After a while, Kane backs to his crew of East Los Santos setted Front Yard Ballas crew and the magnicifent war between Ballas and Vagos hit the fan. Ballas' second-in-command Omar Curtis "West" Simmons (Stringer Bell of the Ballas) offers Kane a deal; if Kane takes out his crew chief, he can get his position back. Kane kills his crew chief and shows it as a Vagos hit. Kane gets his position back, becomes the crew chief of that East Los Santos setted Front Yard Balla crew which is used as "border tricking" crew during Ballas-Vagos war and this use of his crew will lead the crew separated, many of his fellow dealers' death, some of his men turn against him. So Kane will rebel against West and other high ranking men. Some of the men think Kane must be killed and another man would replace with him, but meanwhile West thinks a way to make Kane happy, also West starts to make peace talks with Vagos throughout their connection with Vagos. And Big Poppa will be shown throughout these go-between meetings.

That's total for now.

Some of the character chains:

Kaynard "Kane" Brice

Kane is a 24 years old, low level street dealer under a small crew named "Entourage" in Balla gang set Front Yard. He has spent his whole life in Idlewood area. He started to deal drugs in early ages and became a part of notorious Ballas in his teen years. Maybe he's a little dog for now but this doesn't mean he won't be a bigger one.

Benny "Bulleye" Manson

Chief of "Entourage", the Frony Yard crew Kane is in. Benny got into grace thanks to his cunning type of work and skills in drug business, so he got promoted to a position of crew chief. Also Bulleye is known for his scared rage and hot temper.

Marlon "Marlo" Wallace

A 19 years old amateur, new school corner kid who is in "Entourage". He's too careful, sensitive and emotional for a drug dealer. He has a pregnant girlfriend who Marlo is planning to marry soon. He's close friends with other fellow dealers Jordan "Pawn" Carter and Sean "Snoop" Farsdale.

Jordan "Pawn" Carter

A 21 years old low level dealer under Front Yard Balla crew "Entourage". Pawn is a young, ruthless, violent, ambitious player that can do whatever it takes to reach his dreams. He is close friends with other fellow dealers Marlon "Marlo" Wallace and Sean "Snoop" Farsdale.

Sean "Snoop" Farsdale

A 22 years old low level dealer under Front Yard Balla crew "Entourage". Snoop is an ambitious boy like Pawn too but has a cleaner judgement than him. Often seen smoking weed and talking in philosophic manner. He is close friends with other fellow dealers Marlon "Marlo" Wallace and Jordan "Pawn" Carter.

Randall "Randy" White

Chief of "The Homes", an other Front Yard Balla crew that is a bit higher than "Entourage" in the hierarhcy. He's loyal to his crew and his his gang with gold heart. Gets threatened by his uncle, notorious Officer Tenpenny who will get his head out of big-beyond troubles.

Mohammad "Poot" Blanc

Top man of Ballas set Front Yard. Poot runs lots of drug labs and lts of drug corners. Also it is alleged that Poot is involved with most of the burglaries made throughout Idlewood and Willowfield areas. Also Poot is known for his close ties with Ballas' second-in-command Omar Curtis "West" Simmons.

Omar Curtis "West" Simmons

Second-in-command of Ballas leader Christopher Benjamin "Big Pollo" Brown. West is an intelligent man with nice working of brains; he's the real brain of the Ballas. West runs numbers of legit properties that are used for dirty lines of work; especially as fronts for drug distribution.

Christopher Benjamin "Big Pollo" Brown

The mysterious leader of the notorious gang, the Ballas. Christopher started to deal skunk weed on the streets along with his Latin cousins on his mother's side. After Christopher is sent to the orphanage, his African side grew stronger and met with friends such as Omar Curtis "West" Simmons. After they were out of the orphanage, Christopher got back into work line of the drugs with his fellows including his second-in-command, West. After some time, Christopher and West became one of the biggest drug pushers in the city of Los Santos, running numbers of drug dens, stash houses, cutting lines etc. Despite his ethnicity of half Latin and half African, almost all of the Ballas respect him. He took his nickname, Big Pollo during his drug dealing years with his Latin cousins.

twichy
  • twichy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

new to the site, but long term GTA fan (since 2d days). Desperate for info on V and got sent here. Where is best place for V info?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (twichy @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 20:29)
new to the site, but long term GTA fan (since 2d days). Desperate for info on V and got sent here. Where is best place for V info?

Here: http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=267

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Finally down to ten missions for my Garden City concept, story's got a BIG twist. Anyways, I have two characters in my story who will feature in two DLC packs. So, should I do the DLC packs?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

finally got round to the big Northern Gardens Street Family - Bohan Butchers turf war! this is gonna be the big one, think Seaon 3's Stanfield-Barksdale war. thinking of introducing a new player to the Co-Op, kid from Broker, Nathan Stamford (cookie to whoever gets the three way reference).

anyway, waiting on my older brother to whip up some graphics when he gets time and should be good to go!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 22:28)
finally got round to the big Northern Gardens Street Family - Bohan Butchers turf war! this is gonna be the big one, think Seaon 3's Stanfield-Barksdale war. thinking of introducing a new player to the Co-Op, kid from Broker, Nathan Stamford (cookie to whoever gets the three way reference).

anyway, waiting on my older brother to whip up some graphics when he gets time and should be good to go!

Cool man cannot wait!

BetGrom
  • BetGrom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

It would be cool to have options for what you say in the game, especially when trash talking the citizens. Similar to the sims, but perhaps less options and of course real words and humor.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

I was thinking of doing a concept thread, nearly all of them in the GTA III Era, as I prefer it over the GTA IV Era. We haven't had a good concept thread in a long time, so why not?

But so far, I have three vague concepts....

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Origins-Set in the 1950's, this game focuses on a young Salvatore Leone, fresh off the boat in Liberty City and explains the formation of the Leone, Forelli, and Sindacco Families. Expect appearances from Sonny Forelli, Paulie Sindacco, and Ma Cipriani, as well as new characters.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories-Set in the 1970's, this game is about Richard Johnson, the father of Carl Johnson and founder of the Grove Street Families, as well as the rise of Los Santos's street gangs.

Grand Theft Auto: Gaiden-A complete re-imagining of GTA III, with an expanded storyline, multiple branching paths to said storyline, dialogue from Claude Speed, and a fourth area, Upstate, a rural area just outside Shoreside Vale. What started as a simple robbery became something greater as one lone crook sets out for revenge. Expect appearances from Tommy Vercetti, Kent Paul, Mercedes Cortez, the cast of GTA III, and some San Andreas characters such as Wu Zi Mu, Sweet, and Zero.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Probably a stupid question, but are concept wikki's in?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

There was something that struck me recently but until now I've been reluctant to post it here for fear of sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet but here it goes.. In GTA V as we all know there is a character called Franklin, well I can't help but think that he is strikingly similar to Jermaine Andrews from my "The Code of the Streets" topic.

We don't know much about him but what we do know is:

• He is an ambitious African American street hustler trying to escape the world of gang crime he grew up in - just like Jermaine
• He's in a business which involves automobiles and also has a strong interest in them - just Like Jermaine
• Franklin is from South Los Santos, Jermaine is from South Broker smile.gif
• Franklin has a crazy gang banging friend called Lamar, Jermaine has a crazy gangbanging friend called Tyrell
• Both of their friends are trying to pull them back into the world of gang banging. It appears that Franklin is defiantly resisting his friend's attempts to pull him back in whereas Jermaine is pretty happy to appease his friend by doing gang related jobs.

The main difference between the two is their level of involvement in their related gangs. While Franklin has a 'been there done that' attitude and is trying to move exclusively into more high level crime Jermaine is still very much a member of his gang (M.O.B) even though he is looking for more high profile work outside of it. Originally I wanted to have Jermaine be an ex gang banger just like Franklin since on the LCPD database he is said to only have ties with gangs in the Firefly Projects but like many others I really liked the Grove Street Families missions in San Andreas and have for a long time had an interest in street gangs like the Bloods etc. so I decided to have Jermaine get pulled back into gang activity for financial reasons and then get fully immersed in the life once again. For this reason the story has two branches in a way - you have the M.O.B/Hood missions on one hand and the D-Mack/Mafia missions on the other. Then at the end of the story Jermaine decides to return to the gang life and take over M.O.B, using his newfound power and connections to make it one of the most powerful gangs in the city.

Now obviously these similarities are purely coincidental and I'm not trying to suggest otherwise but it's nice that me and Rockstar were thinking along the same lines with our characters (even though Jermaine was technically theirs in the first place). colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users