Tow Truck / Repo missions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic
Dymez
  • Dymez

West Coast

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

I used to love the Tow Truck in San Andreas. One thing that would be even better is GTA Next having repossession side-missions. Imagine going to a Repossession service and working for some guy who needs you to get these specific cars scattered around the city from people who went delinquent on payments. Hooking up cars on to your Tow Truck in the late night, then the car alarm goes off; next thing you know you have some guy saying, "Hey! Motherf*cker!!!" in his boxers with a shotgun, running out of his house trying to take your head off. Pretending to valet and steal cars from gangsters dining at a restaurant, then having their crews chase you, trying to shoot you down to get the boss' car back. On a humorous note, hooking up a car that's parked near a cliff to your Tow Truck that has a couple having sex in it. Your goal on this level being that you have to drive so smooth that they don't know the car is being repo'd. Then, once you drop the car down at the Repo site, you hear the guy say, "Did it move for you too?"

Thoughts? Ideas?

Niall
  • Niall

Mad Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:51 AM Edited by Niall, 20 August 2011 - 11:11 AM.

That's actually not a bad idea, a cool angle for a minigame, prolly belongs in the Wishlist topic tho. There could even be competing wreckers ftw.
I used to love making tow truck trains in San An.

GTAWithStyle
  • GTAWithStyle

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

loan shark repo man missions? There definitely will be tow trucks in the next game.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

Great funny idea! Fu*k the POS wishlist. You could extend repo missions to property in houses aswell; TVs, Stereos etc. Hours of fun right there. You could even be tasked with taking people's kids away from them for Social Services tounge.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

A cool twist for the car theft missions. I like it. Personally I find side missions in general tiresome, but this would be a side mission I would try.

Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Niall @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 07:51)
That's actually not a bad idea, a cool angle for a minigame, def belongs in the Wishlist topic tho. There could even be competing wreckers ftw.
I used to love making tow truck trains in San An.

Tow truck trains in SA, nice to see I'm not the only one biggrin.gif .

Now this idea seems really great though. I can see this being extreamly entertaining and something that they would put in the game, if they already thought about it that is... I sure hope so. It should also definetly be something you can do however many times you'd like, as another way to earn money and just for sheer fun. Lots of potential replay value there. And I sure hope you can get enough of them to make trains again biggrin.gif

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

I'd love for this to be in the next gta. It'd also be fun hooking up a cop car and taking them for a little "ride". One thing I see with this though is what would be the maximum you can tow or would you have multiple types to wreckers. Obviously a small tow truck wouldn't look right towing a line of 5 tow trucks or a bus up a hill with ease like in SA. For this reason I say we should have multiple types of tow trucks.

http://www.ftlauderd.....Tow Truck.jpg
Small truck for cars and SUVs.

http://media.merchan...truck_full.jpeg
Flatbed for special cars you want to keep safer.

http://www.newhavent...ruck_Before.jpg
Large wreckers for buses, tanks, etc.

Niko Bieber
  • Niko Bieber

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

i think we should be able to use the tow truck in general and tow people cars away like the tv show lol

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

In Saints Row 2 they had Repo missions. They were pretty fun, but lots of room for improvement, which GTA 5 could add to.

Sinister Assassin
  • Sinister Assassin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Great idea

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Nice to see we still have people on here with great ideas for the game. A repo side mission giving use to the tow truck sounds awesome to me! I can see a lot of potential with running a type of repo business as a side mission, kinda like CJ's garage from SA, or empire building in VCS. I love having something to work on after completing the story, and repo'ing cars with a GTA twist is a nice and fresh idea. I love it.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

Yeah I like it to, this would make a really neat side-mission. Who knows, if the guy doesn't pay up you get to keep the car! Or even do it like a stealth mission and try and sneek into neighborhoods at night and grab the car before the owner wakes up. Lots of different ways to do this. Like that one game show!

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

As long as I can also tow cars with the drivers still in them. Off of cliffs. And into fires. Also have a cheat to spawn the tow truck so I can tow more cars into fires and off cliffs. Yep, I'm evil.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 21:01)
For this reason I say we should have multiple types of tow trucks.

That last one is insane mercie_blink.gif Awesome idea this!

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (visionist @ Tuesday, Aug 23 2011, 04:24)
QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 21:01)
For this reason I say we should have multiple types of tow trucks.

That last one is insane mercie_blink.gif Awesome idea this!

user posted image
I'm partial to this one myself.

Damn.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:49 AM Edited by visionist, 23 August 2011 - 09:51 AM.

Mother Of Fu*k! I want it! rampage_ani.gif

Vaguely topical idea: Airport Tug missions. Give the Ripley a purpose...

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

Pretty much as big as you can get without being a crane! tounge.gif

(or a converted mining truck used to tow other mining trucks, but those aren't street-legal. wink.gif )

I like the tug idea too, I could see it used in a story mission as well, where the target is on a plane on the runway, and you grab a tug and tow him down the highway, etc...

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

user posted image

Definately OT now, I envision a mission where you steal a fully loaded one then dump the contents on someone's house lol.gif

cop23
  • cop23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:40 PM Edited by cop23, 05 September 2012 - 05:42 PM.

user posted image

Lizard Licks Tow Truck XD A Skinning Project I was working on with sum Ram Model Tow Truck I found...

It Looks better in Green thou, I need to Remove the Rust off the bottom but I'm lazy.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Dymez @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 07:03)
I used to love the Tow Truck in San Andreas. One thing that would be even better is GTA Next having repossession side-missions. Imagine going to a Repossession service and working for some guy who needs you to get these specific cars scattered around the city from people who went delinquent on payments. Hooking up cars on to your Tow Truck in the late night, then the car alarm goes off; next thing you know you have some guy saying, "Hey! Motherf*cker!!!" in his boxers with a shotgun, running out of his house trying to take your head off. Pretending to valet and steal cars from gangsters dining at a restaurant, then having their crews chase you, trying to shoot you down to get the boss' car back. On a humorous note, hooking up a car that's parked near a cliff to your Tow Truck that has a couple having sex in it. Your goal on this level being that you have to drive so smooth that they don't know the car is being repo'd. Then, once you drop the car down at the Repo site, you hear the guy say, "Did it move for you too?"

Thoughts? Ideas?

I like it.. it could expand into going into people's houses to take their sh*t and a loan sharking minigame where you get to break legs and trash shops

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can everyone please not bump old topics? It pisses people off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users