[REL|SA|WIP] Left 4 Theft San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
332 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Iíve just tried out the Free Mode of the modification, and honestly, this is really going int he right direction. So far, Iíve only noticed two bugs, of which one isnít a really big deal, but strange.

The first thing is that, after finishing a mission, thereís always at least one car on the street with a driver in it, who gets scared by gun shots. The strange part is that, the driver seems to be always a chubby guy with a white tank top and shades. Also, there are some parts in the game, where a cop car, and another car full of criminals show up, and thereís a chase. I think thatís something you should look out for.

The second bug is related to the mission where the guy got infected, and wants to go to Las Venturas. The problem is that the zombies coming from the ĄCar washĒ signís direction are constantly running into the wall, therefore the mission becomes too easy. (You just have to do nothing, really, because they wonít attack at all.)

Thatís it so far, Iíll keep you informed on what you should improve, and I have some advices for you too. smile.gif

By the way, you should consider including wesser's ladder climbing mod: http://www.gtaforums...pic=294235&st=0

smile.gif

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

As for now I already finished the 1st side missions including the army camp mission. In the car wash mission, some zombies are running against the wall. I will continue discover some bugs and hope that these bugs will be fixed in no time. smile.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None
  • Best Mission 2012 [Left 4 Theft San Andreas]

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 01:31)
Iíve just tried out the Free Mode of the modification, and honestly, this is really going int he right direction. So far, Iíve only noticed two bugs, of which one isnít a really big deal, but strange.

The first thing is that, after finishing a mission, thereís always at least one car on the street with a driver in it, who gets scared by gun shots. The strange part is that, the driver seems to be always a chubby guy with a white tank top and shades. Also, there are some parts in the game, where a cop car, and another car full of criminals show up, and thereís a chase. I think thatís something you should look out for.

The second bug is related to the mission where the guy got infected, and wants to go to Las Venturas. The problem is that the zombies coming from the ĄCar washĒ signís direction are constantly running into the wall, therefore the mission becomes too easy. (You just have to do nothing, really, because they wonít attack at all.)

Thatís it so far, Iíll keep you informed on what you should improve, and I have some advices for you too. smile.gif

By the way, you should consider including wesser's ladder climbing mod: http://www.gtaforums...pic=294235&st=0

smile.gif

Yes, I noticed too. It's very strange as it didn't happen in beta 1.0. But I think I know a solution, so I'll just fix it. The second bug has always been an issue. tounge.gif In version 1.0 it had the same problem but I'm not quite sure how to fix that. About the ladder mod, I'm not very keen about using other people's mods in my own mod. When I first started this mod people suggested to use somebody's first person mod but I didn't want to. If people want to climb the ladder in that one safe camp or use first person they can download those mods themselves.

Anyway, I've solved a great amount of bugs and issues yesterday with the Scavengers. I've also added a script which sets the restart point when the player dies to the last place he saved his game. I've also fixed other bugs with safe camps and such. If you guys want to continue testing with this newer version, just send me a message.

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:27 AM Edited by slavsya, 08 June 2012 - 11:59 AM.

So far no encountered bugs yet. cool.gif

CakesWhoLies
  • CakesWhoLies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:05 PM Edited by CakesWhoLies, 08 June 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Hello JopperX9,
I'm amaze about your work on this Left 4 Theft. Really,it's interesting. I have some ideas for your next update if you are working on it. Well,it might sound a bit weird but I think it'll make the game mode more fun and realistic.

1. More Survivors and Zombies on the streets.
The streets looks really empty and kinda boring when you just shoot zombies as they come. I was wondering if you could increase the chances of finding Survivors around the streets and we can chat,trade or buy items from them.

For example:
Skin ID 26 can be a trader for the players to trade items such as ammunitions,food and stuff like that. We could also get cash a lot easier.
Any other skins (Civilians) can be some survivors in groups or solo around the streets,shooting zombies and running away or driving around the streets. The civilians should also be able to chat with by pressing Y to open the Q/A box you've planted in the game mode. Maybe civilians can help you in your quest,give quests or maybe they ask you for help like in your video (Left 4 Theft Free Mode Preview#1) or even better,take them to local safe camps and hideouts.
Also,in safe camps,you should add some survivors roaming around the camp,do what normal civilians do like buying stuff in shops in the camp or chat and so on. Adding conversations in-game could be useful too when or if someone wants to Roleplay the game and so on.
For police or any government skins,they should be like survivors who can offer their lives to the players as their companions or even better,help players to go to camps in their vehicle or walk and so on. Police should play a role on as a solo survivor or in group survivors around LSPD or any police departments.

2. Safe Camp/Hideouts Attacks
Camps or Hideouts aren't that safe when it comes to zombie attacks or bandits. Camp/Hideout attacks should come with attacks of zombies or bandits. Zombies should be spawned around the camp (Outside of the gates) and the guards of the camp can defend their camps and so on. This should be activated spontaneously/random and could happen in any time.

Rewards for Defending the Attacks: $200 or any amount. Ammunitions for players' weapons or any kind of rewards.

3. Hunger,Thirst and Infection
Every living thing have their needs. It could give players some challenge in surviving in the Free Mode or any game mode.

4. Inventory System
If possible,creating an inventory system could come in handy when it comes to holding items (Example: First Aid Kits/Med Kits,Pills and etcetera) It also come in handy on trading or buying stuff from camps or traders.

5. Mutated Zombies
Like in Left 4 Dead,there's mutated zombies whom has special abilities like Tanks,Smokers,Witches or any kinds of it. It'll come in handy whenever you want to make new missions and stuff. They should be spawned in any public areas (City should have more chances of finding stuff like this.)

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm sorry to say this but you are a bit late to the party. confused.gif The final version, 2.0, will be released Tuesday or Wednesday and after that I'm planning on releasing missionpacks. I'm not planning to start working on a version 3.0. I loved the time I spent developing the mod but I want to move on to new projects.

CakesWhoLies
  • CakesWhoLies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 12:19)
I'm sorry to say this but you are a bit late to the party. confused.gif The final version, 2.0, will be released Tuesday or Wednesday and after that I'm planning on releasing missionpacks. I'm not planning to start working on a version 3.0. I loved the time I spent developing the mod but I want to move on to new projects.

Oh. Well,it's okay since I just found yours today to be honest. I can't wait for the new version. Hey,about that new project,what kind of project are you into? I got some ideas for zombie projects if you want to make one. You can add my Facebook or Skype if you want to. PM me if you want to add. biggrin.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (CakesWhoLies @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 14:22)

Oh. Well,it's okay since I just found yours today to be honest. I can't wait for the new version. Hey,about that new project,what kind of project are you into? I got some ideas for zombie projects if you want to make one. You can add my Facebook or Skype if you want to. PM me if you want to add. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure yet what kind of project, but something without zombies for sure. tounge.gif

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Ca I test new version, most bugs told to you on pm.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (zmudziak32 @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 14:36)
Ca I test new version, most bugs told to you on pm.

Yes, I saw the messages. Thanks for your effort. smile.gif Did you collect some weapon coords btw?

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:39 PM Edited by slavsya, 08 June 2012 - 12:52 PM.

user posted image

An animation bug encountered. biggrin.gif

Another bug:
Since I able to took over a Bandit Camp in the southern portion of LS, whenever I will do the mission involving an Arms Dealer in the Army faction and I reached the destined point, the expected cut scene involving that mission suddenly crashes(I meant the game crashes). It's a rare case that it happened with this mission.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sorry but I don't make new coords for weapon, i don't have idea where i put them.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (zmudziak32 @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 14:41)
Sorry but I don't make new coords for weapon, i don't have idea where i put them.

user posted image

You serious zmudziak32?

@slavsya: Does that happen often? It's a known bug but I'm not sure how to get rid of it. confused.gif

CakesWhoLies
  • CakesWhoLies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:06 PM Edited by CakesWhoLies, 08 June 2012 - 01:34 PM.

I just found out that I forgot to add the files in gta3.img. But,I think I found a bug since I crashed in a mission where a Balla asked CJ for help to go to a crate.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (CakesWhoLies @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 15:06)
Hey uh,I got a question. I downloaded your Left 4 Theft and tried to play it after auto install. It loads but it went half way and crashed. I have CLEO 4 and there's no mods inside. Except for skin mods that I have.

Oh,and is there any uninstaller? I copied Anims,Data,Models,Text files for backup. Will it cover the installed items?

You correctly installed the files in the gta3.img? Too be honest, if I were you I would wait till next week and download version 2.0. Also, don't make a backup by copying some folders, you'd better copy your whole San Andreas directory and name it something like ''GTA San Andreas Original''. But as I already said, you should wait till the release of version 2.0. Beta 1.0 was a failure with the installation stuff.

CakesWhoLies
  • CakesWhoLies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Well,I hope I get to download it soon because I might not get to touch PCs any more next week. Damn parents and their dumb rules. This game mode really looks promising and I think it can make GTA SA a lot more interesting in zombie mode since other zombie mods sucks. I just wish I could see a lot more coming from L4T. :L

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:02 PM Edited by MasterK, 08 June 2012 - 03:22 PM.

You should focus putting guns on reachable rooftops, and in parked cars (getting in the car gives you a "you've found a.... in this car" message, with a given weapon.

As for the animation bug, I think you should edit the ped statistics, because they behave like coward bitches for now, and that's why they are running away from you and putting their hands in the air.

Also, at some points, near the burger shot in Los Santos (near the beach), the zombies are disappearing a lot. They get spawned, and then they disappear after... 2-3 got killed.

Got my Advanced level English exam done (oral part), so I'd be glad to test the new version of the mod if you don't mind it.

Also, If I ask Wesser about it, could I make an extension (a seperate one) for the mod for ladder climbing and such? It could add a lot to the mod.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

That's sad to hear. I think the project will be kind of unfinished without some extra features, but it's up to you to decide what you want to include in the final release.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Why do you want that ladder mod? There is only one safe camp with a ladder, if you want to get to that one guard tower so badly just cheat yourself a jetpack or walk around the camp to jump down. I am not going to use other people's mods in my own. Period.

About the weapon pickups, I'm actually too lazy to collect coordinates for all kind of different weapons throughout the entire state of San Andreas.

I've had my fun developing the mod, I'm not going to continue with a version 3.0. When the mission packs are finished the mod is done for me.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

LoL, when I've talked about extra features, I wasn't talking about the ladder mod itself.

And sorry if I'm a pain in the ass, I was just suggesting stuff, not forcing it on you.

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 12:54)
QUOTE (zmudziak32 @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 14:41)

user posted image

You serious zmudziak32?

@slavsya: Does that happen often? It's a known bug but I'm not sure how to get rid of it. confused.gif

The first bug that I encountered probably happened after my skill weapon stats increased. For the second bug, I think it has something to do with the Bandit Camp(that I captured it) leading to a Game Crash.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 14:54)

Use decision makers for these zombies, or whatever it is tounge.gif

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

One suggestion: I think when doing certain "missions" such as going to the SF safe camp, it's best that there are zombies lurking around the streets and highways. I just noticed that whenever I will do a mission that involves traveling long distances, there are no zombies/infected to encounter. I want to clarify this statement in order to be more fun to the users themselves. sly.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (slavsya @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 02:41)
One suggestion: I think when doing certain "missions" such as going to the SF safe camp, it's best that there are zombies lurking around the streets and highways. I just noticed that whenever I will do a mission that involves traveling long distances, there are no zombies/infected to encounter. I want to clarify this statement in order to be more fun to the users themselves. sly.gif

The random zombie spawning is always disable in missions. This had to be done to decrease the difficult in various missions and ofcourse because of the actor limit in SCM.

@SIlentPL: I used decision makers and most of the time it works actually. For me, that is. Guess I have to look into that.

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:35 PM Edited by slavsya, 11 June 2012 - 01:38 PM.

Bug that needs to be fixed: Game Crashes whenever you are nearing to a Safe Camp. smile.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (slavsya @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 15:35)
Bug that needs to be fixed: Game Crashes whenever you are nearing to a Safe Camp. smile.gif

That is impossible, I can go to any safe camp without crashing. Are you using mods beside L4T?

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 13:42)
QUOTE (slavsya @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 15:35)

That is impossible, I can go to any safe camp without crashing. Are you using mods beside L4T?

Hmm I see. I'm going to check on that one. smile.gif
PS: No Other Mods Installed.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Version 2.0 has finally been released, it can now be downloaded at ModDB and GTAGarage! (I'm having a bit of trouble uploading the file to GTAGarage so it will take a while before it's online there)

TheD94
  • TheD94

Undead

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Cool, gotta try it now smile.gif

slavsya
  • slavsya

DeathBringer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

As for now the Mod is being updated because we encountered several bugs and GAME CRASHES. Hopingly everything will be fixed in no time. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users