[REL|SA|WIP] Left 4 Theft San Andreas

330 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Oh, easy stuff. I can change basically every weapon to Uzi-group, so you can perform drive-by with them. Works perfect, and same for setting melee & pistols in one group. And using MP5 anim on Uzi and Tec-9 works fine, how about M60 replacing Minigun, or similar?

bull.04
  • bull.04

:D

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Friday, Sep 23 2011, 14:29)
Oh, easy stuff. I can change basically every weapon to Uzi-group, so you can perform drive-by with them. Works perfect, and same for setting melee & pistols in one group. And using MP5 anim on Uzi and Tec-9 works fine, how about M60 replacing Minigun, or similar?

Guess this works too. Didn't know there was a way to do that. There's always surprises with this game! Haha.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently busy with school and other important stuff. I'm also experimenting with a 'free mode', I don't know if I already mentioned it here, but I've received a suggestion from someone at the GTAGarage page of the mod suggesting to make a free mode. You could see it as a free roaming mode in San Andreas during the zombie apocalypse, you start somewhere in SA, find weapons, kill zombies and save your progress. Anyway, more updates will come soon!

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 00:38)
I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently busy with school and other important stuff. I'm also experimenting with a 'free mode', I don't know if I already mentioned it here, but I've received a suggestion from someone at the GTAGarage page of the mod suggesting to make a free mode. You could see it as a free roaming mode in San Andreas during the zombie apocalypse, you start somewhere in SA, find weapons, kill zombies and save your progress. Anyway, more updates will come soon!

Sounds like fun! Would remind me of Biohazard Alert because of the freedom you have. Can't wait for the release man!

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Allright, here's a small update. I just tested out some stuff with the free mode, it seems saving works perfect. Only the save name must be editted but that's a piece of cake. All your weapons and the position of the player are saved in the save file. Now we simply need to find a way to randomly spawn zombies around you and make up some stuff for the player to do. There are a few options right now:
  • Create a storyline, we simply create a story around CJ or another character in the zombie apocalypse in San Andreas. Ofcourse we need to make a complete storyline which would be interesting but also time consuming. This will take a lot of time as we're actually already developing a story with the campaigns. It's based on L4D after all.
  • A survival mode, the player is dropped in the middle of nowhere, is given a few weapons and can do what he wants. He can go and explore the map while fighting zombies or try to find other survivors by doing some sort of 'side missions'. In this case, there won't be a real story, you actually create it yourself.
  • A 'naked' survival mode, the player is yet again dropped in the middle of nowhere and can simply explore the map and fight his way through hordes of zombies.

These are just a few concepts which will require a lot of (experienced) scripting work. Other concepts are always welcome!

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think the second option is what I would go for. Creating your own storyline is a bit over the top if you want to script that. Anyways, I think it would be fun to do some side missions with finding survivors and what not.

I think this would be cool for a tiny side mission:
You start in an arena looking place, and there are 5-6 survivors with you. You fight off endless spawning zombies that will keep rushing you until they reach you. You can time and see how long they survive haha.

This is also a tiny idea:
Why not have like bandits? People that kill anything they see so you might have like a truck driving with 2 hillbillies or something in it and they will drive-by shoot you.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

I for myself will go and vote on the storyline. It would be definitely good to have a backstory on why the zombie apocalypse happened.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

@bull: In the second concept you can do different side missions and decide for yourself what you want to do, that's like creating your own story.

@MasterK: Sounds interesting, the cause of the apocalypse. I'll think about that one.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

In general, why not to keep it L4D style? As it's based on it...

Basically, first part of story would be on CJ's house, with the information that there are INFECTED (not zombies tounge.gif ) invading the town for unknown reason which is called "flu". Then make some route you need to go through, find total of 4 survivors and then find a safehouse. Then from safehouse to another one, and keeps on going until end of campaign, then the final comes, where you need to survive through hordes of zombies until rescue comes, like a helicopter comes on some high place and you need to reach it, then cutscene of heli flying off. Then new campaign begins from wrecks of helicopter because the driver was bit by infected. And keeps on going on.

And if you can tell me, what weapons you're going to include, and what SA weapons they replace? I would love if someone with knowledge of weapons would tell exact names of each weapon, like is M16 in L4D really M16A3?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Sep 29 2011, 17:16)
In general, why not to keep it L4D style? As it's based on it...

Basically, first part of story would be on CJ's house, with the information that there are INFECTED (not zombies tounge.gif ) invading the town for unknown reason which is called "flu". Then make some route you need to go through, find total of 4 survivors and then find a safehouse. Then from safehouse to another one, and keeps on going until end of campaign, then the final comes, where you need to survive through hordes of zombies until rescue comes, like a helicopter comes on some high place and you need to reach it, then cutscene of heli flying off. Then new campaign begins from wrecks of helicopter because the driver was bit by infected. And keeps on going on.

And if you can tell me, what weapons you're going to include, and what SA weapons they replace? I would love if someone with knowledge of weapons would tell exact names of each weapon, like is M16 in L4D really M16A3?

The L4D style will be untouched, the campaigns and survival mode will stay the same. But as this is a zombie mod for a free roaming game, it's almost forced to have a free roaming mode with zombies. And ofcourse, it will be great fun to play it.

We're probably going to keep all the original weapons in San Andreas except for some melee weapons. Maybe you could change the Micro-Uzi's animation to a two handed one? That would be very nice, and also the shotgun and Micro-Uzi in one weapon group.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

How about changing all weapons to be held in two hands? And changing all melee weapons and pistols to first group, and other weapons to second group? And what to do with fist, keep it in it's own group or have the chance to have fists/melee/pistols?

And do I need to change some other stuff, like Rate of Fire, damage, accuracy etc.?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

Allright, I made some progress. The second survival location is now working: Bayside. I've always wanted to do something with this village and now's my chance!

Everthing is the same like Grove Street except for the location ofcourse. Screens:

user posted image

user posted image

Also, Oksa made some changes to the Micro-Uzi, the animation is now like the one of the MP5. We're also planning on increasing the melee/fists damage by 2 or 3 times. This way the zombies will be stronger. You also start with a pistol with infinite ammo each game mode, this way you can't use your fists so we can safely change the fist damage.

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

Looks great! Am very excited to test this out.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hehe, that's gonna take a while I think. How are the melee weapons going btw?

At the moment I'm trying to make some progress with the campaign. I also found out I can increase the number of spawned actors with the limit adjuster, this will really come in handy. Anyway, I also want to start scripting the side missions in the free mode, if anyone has any suggestions, I would be very happy to hear them! Oh, and if someone knows a good location for the survival mode, I would really like to hear it!

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I am done with the melee weapons and whenever you are ready for me to send 'em over I will! Also, I think a good location would be Mount Chiliad. Like make props for a campsite or something. That would be pretty cool. Something like that OR a forest. Forests are fun for survival stuff.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:59 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 17 October 2011 - 04:34 PM.

Here's another update, I've been pretty busy today with the free roaming mode and it's turning out pretty good. I made some tweaks and scripted the first playable mission. In this mission you must help a man who has been bitten by a zombie, he's planning to travel to Las Venturas but can't because of zombies attacking him. You must help him out by defending him for a certain amount of time. Back to the free mode, the zombie spawn system still has to be created but we're working on that.

Anyway, here are some screens:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Video:

Aimaster
  • Aimaster

DAFUQ?

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:42 PM Edited by Aimaster, 17 October 2011 - 04:49 PM.

You should think about adjusting graphics to more apocalypse-like if you know what I mean. If you want a complex zombie mod then you have to make a new timecycle, new zombie models, because I bet it's quite boring to fight against same people as in SA only with a different texture. Enb config should be an optional thing, I'm sure people over enb topic would help your team smile.gif Free mode is a must IMO, it should be available after campaign maybe? And I agree there should be some bandits something like guys from Fallout ( don't remember their names biggrin.gif ) Keep it up I'm looking forward for this mod

BTW: Maybe one city should be non infected? Well I leave it up to you biggrin.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

But you needn't make the sky and the water like blood, because that ruins the atmosphere. A foggy timecyc with small draw dist. is enough if you ask me.

About the free mode: There should be a system like in RDR: Undead Nightmare, where you could save towns, smaller places, and there wouldn't be zombies for a small time. After an amount of time, they would overrun the given cities again though. smile.gif

Aimaster
  • Aimaster

DAFUQ?

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Monday, Oct 17 2011, 21:23)
But you needn't make the sky and the water like blood, because that ruins the atmosphere. A foggy timecyc with small draw dist. is enough if you ask me.

About the free mode: There should be a system like in RDR: Undead Nightmare, where you could save towns, smaller places, and there wouldn't be zombies for a small time. After an amount of time, they would overrun the given cities again though. smile.gif

I totally agree with you, idea with RDR is really good smile.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

@Aimaster: I was planning on changing the timecycle anyway, new zombie models would be nice ofcourse but that takes a lot of time to make. We can spend that time better. Also, I don't want to include ENB in the mod, if people want better graphics, they can install it themselves. The free mode will be playable right at the start of the mod, you don't need to complete any campaigns or whatsoever.

@MasterK: Sounds good, as soon as the system for random zombie spawning is completed I can start working on that sort of features.

While I'm on it, here are some screenshots of the latest mission called 'The Wars Are Over'. The missions is about a Ballas gang member trying to get some supplies, as he can't do it alone he needs your help.

user posted image

user posted image

Aimaster
  • Aimaster

DAFUQ?

• Members

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Yeah I see your point. I mean enb and timecycs aren't so important but it would totally change the atmosphere. Enb can be optional. You should do it when you're too lazy to do scripts and such ;]

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:42 AM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 20 October 2011 - 08:44 AM.

Update, new weapons in-game. These weapons are made from scratch by Bull04 and look great!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
(I used GGMM for the pipe bomb picture as it's to small to screenshot in-game)

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

Great stuff, the textures could do with a little more shading because they appear a little bit more flat than original weapons. icon14.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:27 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 22 October 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Another update, the random zombie spawning is now active in the free mode. There's also a new mission which will introduce you to the military camps, also known as safe camps. In these camps you're safe and you can buy weapons and find missions here. This first camp will automatically be discovered but other camps have to be found by the player and sometimes even be cleared from zombies to become populated.

Screens:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Video:

Ify24
  • Ify24

0x00000000 --> invisible

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

Good idea for camp !
Like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. biggrin.gif

Can't wait for mod !

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thanks. smile.gif

There is something I have to say, I have been more active at Moddb with the mod than here at GTAForums. There are some things I haven't announced here yet, but I'll take this moment as an oppertunity to do it.

First of all, I made the arms dealer in the safe camps working. They sell weapons to you for a reasonable price. If available, they can also give you a mission. In return you can get a weapon or money. I've also been working on a second safe camp in Los Santos. Another new features is the survivor system, after certain missions a special survivor mission will pop up. After completing these missions you will be able to call in survivors to help you fighting the zombies. After each mission you will be able to call in one extra survivor, up to 3 survivors at one time. Screens at the bottom of this post.

Yesterday I announced the first release date of the mod, on December 3rd you can play the first version of the mod. But before the mod can be released, it must be tested. Ofcourse I can test along with my teammates, but I'd also like some people from outside the team to test the mod. If you want to help testing, simply send a message to me or reply in this topic.

For a full list of features and the original news post visit the Moddb page: Click

Screenshots:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

douglasgtasanandreas
  • douglasgtasanandreas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

please change the skins and add a real zombie skins

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (douglasgtasanandreas @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 20:39)
please change the skins and add a real zombie skins

Real zombie skins? The zombies already have custom skins.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

So, you made any progress recently? I got an suggestion. This probably could take some time to code, but it'd add the realism.
Seriously, who the hell needs money in a post-apocalyptic world? Replacing money with something else would be better imo but that's up to you of course. Just saying.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 18:07)
So, you made any progress recently? I got an suggestion. This probably could take some time to code, but it'd add the realism.
Seriously, who the hell needs money in a post-apocalyptic world? Replacing money with something else would be better imo but that's up to you of course. Just saying.

I made a lot of progress lately, it's only very frustating to update at two website at the same time that's why I decided to mainly update the mod at Moddb: Click

About your idea, it will indeed add realism but I'm getting impossible suggestions lately. If I want to replace money it must be replaced with items which requires an inventory. This is (for me) to hard to code. Maybe it is possible but that's going to take a lot of time to code. I'm busy with so many things right now, I can't take more right now. I'll consider suggestions/ideas like these later when the mod is in a later phase.

By the way, here's a video of the new faction system, watch it for more information:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users