Photo

[REL|SA|WIP] Left 4 Theft San Andreas

330 replies to this topic
Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:52 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 27 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

First mission pack for Left 4 Theft: San Andreas, find out what happened to Sweet and learn more about the outbreak of the infected in San Andreas! The mission pack has to be installed alongside Left 4 Theft Version 3.0 or 3.1 and can be activated by pressing the 'Home' button in the Free Mode.
  • In45do likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Nice, but have you thought about using SA mpacks?

Oh, CLEO makes them crash when saving. Damn CLEO.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Why should I use mpacks when I can use CLEO? tounge.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Killed me First Tank in your mod tounge.gif

by the way, The Last mission of your mission pack was f*cking way damn hard bro. tounge.gif But i survive it! YEAHEAH!!

Red_Phoenix_74
  • Red_Phoenix_74

Leader of GTA III Beta Team

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

This... This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hehe, I already suspected the last mission to be a tough one.. tounge.gif

By the way, if anyone would like to show his support, please vote for Left 4 Theft at the ModDB mod of the year awards! Click on the green "Vote for this mod" button here: Click! Thanks! biggrin.gif

I've also got some news, check it below:

Releases
So let's have a look at what has been released this month:

• Version 3.0 - I was a little worried first if we could make the release before the end of 2012 but at November 10th I was finally able to upload version 3.0. It was updated a few hours after uploading because of a glitch/issue (would you accept anything else with me?) but now it's fully working for most of us.
  • Version 3.1 - This version was uploaded Novemeber 22nd including nothing more than a few bug fixes and a new feature. 3.1 features random witches spawning in the free mode. This new feature is the only major difference between 3.0 and 3.1.
  • Mission Pack #1: Friends, Family, f*ckers - This first mission pack was released November 26th and was made in a single day. I don't know how but I got a sudden adrenaline rush out of nowhere and started scripting three missions for the pack. They were finished at the end of the day, followed by a few testing sessions and one or two days later I packed everything together and made it available for everyone.

Next release coming up is Mission Pack #2: Forrest Survival, adding new missions to the Scavenger faction.

Another small thingy I want to notice is the fact that Left 4 Theft is now also fully uploaded at Gtagarage.com . After uploading beta 1.0b to GTAG back in January my upload-ability broke and I wasn't able to upload anything anymore. A few days ago I discovered I was able to upload again and uploaded everything released since 1.0b. So if you are encoutering problems with downloading here, head over to GTAGarage.

Version 4.0?
What? Version 4? Yes, I am thinking about starting to work on version 4.0. To be honest, I am not fully satisfied with Left 4 Theft at the moment. I know I can make this better. I've made a little list today with a few points I definitely want to add to Left 4 Theft:

• New missions - Simply a few new missions in San Fierro for example.
  • All Mission Packs - Like 3.0 contains all previously released DLC, I want 4.0 to contain all previously released mission packs to make it complete.
  • Realistic Mode - First scrapped, but now I really want to add this to the new version. It has a lot of potential and if I spend enough time on this I'm sure I can make this mode awesome. It was scrapped from 3.0 because it was too short and only featured one location.
  • Bug fixes - It seems people are still having problems with the latest version of the mod, and I know this always has been a huge issue with Left 4 Theft. I will try to find and fix as many bugs as I can if I start working on 4.0.
  • Other stuff - And ofcourse there will be more features and other stuff to expand the mod even further.

Please don't expect version 4.0 anytime soon as I am only thinking about it. As soon as I start working on it I'll let you guys know.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

can you tell how to call friends?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

You can't call friends, only survivors you unlocked by doing the survivor missions. Press the ] key to open the survivor menu after finishing the first survivor mission in Los Santos.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

thanks i know they said we can call them after a survivor mission

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Like the speed the mission packs are done. Makes me want to download the mod and check if the code is still proper tounge.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hehe, the code is working like a charm! biggrin.gif Next mission pack called "Forrest Survival", which will tell the story of a Scavenger, will take a little longer as it will be featuring more missions than the first MP.

Concept image:
user posted image

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:46 PM Edited by SilentPL, 03 December 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Pity that this mod can't work together with regular SA*, that means I have to make an 8th SA copy to play this tounge.gif

* Or it uses stuff like CLauncher?

Edit:
Oooh, progress is not counting sad.gif

Edit2;
Willowfield Arms Dealer is a bit bugged - weapon names don't show at times + CJ respawns exacly in the place of marker, so the menu activates again, and again, and again until you're fast.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Porgress not counting? What do you mean? I am aware of the bug at the Willowfield camp but I forgot to fix it.. confused.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Progress Made is still 0% after finishing the missions. Pity really.

I could also point some other little mistakes - like mission-objective markers (not to be confused with mission trigger markers) not being fully R*-style and menus malfunctioning a bit. I'm actually willing to help with correcting any issues, feel free to ask.

By the way - I hope you DO control IDs of all Mission Packs' global vars? Remember they may screw up stuff if used improperly (like overwrite important SCM vars or even overwrite SCM code if used var ID is too high!).

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well it's pretty hard to do everything by myself so yes, there are indeed quite a few issues here and there. Help is always welcome, but I feel ashamed for my messy coding. I'd rather fix everything myself then letting someone else do the dirty work... But if you'd really want to help, sure.

I am using variables which are not linked to something, as described in the CustomVariables file in the Sanny Builder data folder. So I guess I'm doing it right? turn.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, I'd guess so.

CODE
0002: jump @Noname_131_50

:Noname_131_50

Ouch.

SCM size is also a bit worrying. I'm sure it COULD be fitted within 200.000b of stock MAIN size & extern scripts, which could make good use in L4T.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Is there a way to change the button to activate 'Friends, Familt, f*ckers'?
There is no home button in my laptop.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm sorry for the late reply, you can download a fix at GTAGarage which will change the key to F12. Click

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Haha, hillarious issue, 'hospital' restart points at army HQ didn't get deleted when I joined bandits, so after army killed me I spawned in the middle of the action once again biggrin.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Could you tell me where that was exactly? tounge.gif

I have an announcement to make! Check it out:

user posted image
We are giving Left 4 Theft one more boost with version 4.0, which will probably be the final version of the mod. But we'll see about that by the time v4 is released.

What to expect?
What can the player expect in version 4.0? Here's a list:

• Realistic Mode: This mode was first scrapped for version 3.0 due to lack of features and map locations but now it will be featured in version 4.0. Check the video at the end of this article to get an impression of the mode.
  • Bug Fixes: Ofcourse there will be bug fixes again just like in all other releases.
  • New Missions: I'll make sure to add a few new random missions, like the bus mission in 3.0, to the Free Mode in 4.0.
  • All released Mission Packs: Pretty obvious, all released mission packs will be included in the in version 4.0 so you don't have to download and install them yourself.

And probably more stuff as I can't predict what I'll come up with while working on the mod.

Exploration Mode
A few weeks/months ago I have been brainstorming about a new gamemode. So I came up with a combination of the realistic mode and the fortress mode: the exploration mode. The concept is simple, the player begins with a (very) small camp. Like a campfire or something. All alone in the wilderness. The player continues by exploring the area around the camp and searching for anything usefull. This can be an old car, survivors or salvage. Salvage can be used to buy stuff with, but we'll come back on that later. The player can also encounter random events, like a tank or a group of bandits. The camp of the player will also get attacked by zombies once in a while. When the player collects enough salvage, he will be able to buy items which will be placed on a pre-chosen location. (I'm not sure about this yet, maybe I'll give the player the ability to freely place objects like in the fortress mode.)

Let's list the things the player will be able to find:

• Cars: Rarerly the player will find a car which he can save in the camp. Only one car can be stored.
  • Survivors: A survivor will also be pretty rare to find. When the player finds a survivor he can take him to the camp where he will be placed on a pre-chosen location.
  • Salvage: This is used to buy items and upgrades (not sure about the upgrade though). Salvage can be stored in a chest along with other random items found while exploring.
  • Random events: As already mentioned, this can be a special infected, group of bandits or any other thing.

Still not sure what more to add to the mode, but when I do I'll let you guys know.

Anyway, thanks for reading and stay tracking for more updates!

Impression of the Realistic Mode:

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Willowfield army camp.

Not surprised by it though, as you can't remove restart poitns via regular opcodes. Tricky tricky CLEO only.

Edit:
Exploration mode sounds like Minecraft tounge.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

What happened to the campaign mode? when you meet some survivors and spawned at Grove Street?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

It was scrapped because it was not finished and didn't meet the quality of the mod.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:14 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 24 December 2012 - 10:18 PM.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The second mission pack for Left 4 Theft: San Andreas, adding new missions to the Scavenger faction. This mission pack will also continue the story of the first mission pack a bit. The pack has to be installed alongside Left 4 Theft Version 3.0 or 3.1 and can be played by joining the Scavengers in the Free Mode.

Left 4 Theft also won an award today: the ModDB's Editor's Choice Interaction Award!

user posted image

Takahiro855
  • Takahiro855

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Congrats for the Award smile.gif

RudeBoy99
  • RudeBoy99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

how to remove the fog from this mod? hey this mod is really cool but dont lke the fog also 3.1 has some animation bugs like sometime you see CJ is walking in a zombie style only after killing some zombies that looks funny when he tilts his head and walk like a zombie so can ya fix it? thanx

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Reviving the topic a bit here. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still busy with the mod and planning on releasing the final version (4.0) soon. After that I'll stop with L4T and move on to other stuff.

Here's a video of the new game mode for the final version:

There are many things that will be in this new mode which are not shown (properly) in the video:

• The survivors that are encountered can be agressive or friendly. If friendly, they will follow the player to the main camp and become guards.
  • The red spheres give the player weapons, salvage and items.
  • The player can purchase an item storage with salvage and store items and weapons in it.
  • There will be zombie and bandit attacks on the player's camp, unless the bandit camp has been cleared, there will be only zombies attacks then.
  • A lot more things to purchase in the build menu will be added.
  • All encounters and loot are random generated.

Well, that's it. Let me know what you think, or not. Whatever.

• In45do likes this

In45do
  • In45do

Coding like a Dummy...

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by in45do, 13 September 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Great! May I give suggestions? 
My idea : The question mark can be random found, which is like you're tricked. You've to kill the bandit before you can get the salvage. And you can build your own camp all around San Andreas with the current 'materials' (I mean like purchasing a house) and of course you have to find another salvage to survive. (Not just in the forest, but in the city as well)

Spoiler

EDIT: Just notice that you've done 'zombie trap' in question mark.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

1 quick suggestion, remove the Biohazard symbol from the minimap, it's really annoying and blocks a lot of the map making it harder to see streets and paths sometimes. You can keep the 4 mini Biohazard symbols around the mini map but don't have the big one blocking the mini map, thanks.

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

Mod Killer,Idea Giver,Helper For installing Mods,Active User :D

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by rokistaking187, 25 January 2014 - 02:03 PM.

help my game crash when sweet is leaving me behind :3 ... i install it into a clean game and of course i reinstall it if it crash and i install the mod then crash again no matter what i do it still crash plss help me this mod seems to be an interesting .... btw this mod is not a waste of time it's good :)

EDIT:YEah finally working thx dude... but can you add/spawn more zonbies ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users