[REL|SA|WIP] Left 4 Theft San Andreas

330 replies to this topic
Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None
  • Best Mission 2012 [Left 4 Theft San Andreas]

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:26 PM Edited by Revolution-Designes, 25 December 2012 - 10:32 AM.

user posted image

The infection has spread itself across the world and San Andreas is no exception. Explore the new and infected San Andreas and fight your way through hordes of zombies!

user posted image
The story is actually the same as Left 4 Dead, a virus has changed the majority of the world's population into mindless, brain eating zombies. Only a few people survive and are trying to find a safe place to stay and hide. In Left 4 Theft you will be playing as CJ who also tries to find a safe place to hide. The mod will actually give the player the ablity to make their own decisions. For example, will you choose to side with the ex-criminal bandit faction, or do you stay with army, the good guys? Following the free roam mode you can do whatever you want, help people out, give factions the chance to succeed their goal or survive on your own in the infected city.

user posted image
Gameplay is slightly based on Left 4 Dead, first of all there is the survival mode which will let the player survive as long as he/she can in a specific area. Next up is the free roaming mode which allows the player to free roam through San Andreas, do missions, join factions or simply survive on their own. A campaign mode was first planned but is now scrapped for the final version, maybe in a later update.

user posted image
The largest part of the mod is definitely the free roaming mode, or 'free mode'. This is actually the main part of the mod and will give the player a lot of things to do. In the free mode you can choose your own path, will you do missions, choose a faction or survive in the apocalypse? The choice is yours and each experience will be different.

Missions
In the free mode the player can do different sorts of missions, first of all there are the normal missions which will let the player help out a random person and receive some money and/or weapon afterwards. Next sort is the car mission. These missions will let the player help out a mechanic guy who will give the player a car afterwards. Cars are very usefull now they don't drive randomly around the city anymore. Last sort is the survivor mission. In these missions the player will help out an unique survivor, when the player completes the mission the survivor will be added to the list in the survivor system. Each city has one survivor mission. Survivor missions can only be played when the player is with the army faction.

Survivor System
This small feature will allow the player to call a survivor he rescued in a mission before and ask them to help him. The survivor will be added to the player's group and help the player fight off zombies or whatever he's fighting. As each city has one survivor mission the survivor count can get up to 3 in total.

Faction System
Left 4 Theft will allow the player to choose a side, the good army or the evil bandits. Beside those factions there also are the survivors and scavengers which are neutral factions and can be joined whether you are with the army or bandits. In the beginning of the game you will be automatically introduced to the army for the introduction to safe camps. After a small army mission you will be given the chance to join the bandits. If you join the bandits you can't do any army missions anymore, if you refuse the offer you'll stay with the army. The scavengers are farmers from the countryside and have safe camps in each countryvillage, like Dillimore. A survivor camp is located in Angel Pine.

Safe Camps
The free mode will feature safe camps where the player can stay safe from zombies, save their game and buy weapons. Faction missions are also started here. A safe camp consists out of army soldiers or bandits who will guard the camp. When you are with the army faction you will be able to use the army camps and when you're with the bandits, you can make use of the bandit camps. Being with one faction will make the other hostile, so when you come close to a camp of the opposite faction you will be attacked. Except for the scavengers and survivors, these factions are neutral and their camps can be used as soon as you discover one of their camps. A nice new feature is the fortress feature, as soon as you join the scavengers the player will be able to create their own safe camp. Check the video below for more info on this one!

Time Travelling
A remarkable feature in version 2.0 and onwards in time travelling. After the final mission of the Bandit and Army storyline you'll be given the ability to use one of the two time machines in San Andreas which will be presented with an icon on the map. When the player steps in the machine he will be sent back in time to a few days before the outbreak when it's all beginning. The player will be able to experience the original San Andreas atmosphere again with a few infection elements like the recently and empty safe camps. In later DLC/mission packs, various missions will be available in the past.

user posted image
A different game mode from the free mode is Survival. What would a zombie mod be without a survival game mode? The Survival game mode will offer some great fun.

Some of the key features of Survival:
- The goal is to survive as long as possible and defeat as many waves as you can.
- Zombies get stronger every wave, each wave the zombie's health will increase.
- A pistol with infinite ammo, a micro-uzi and a shotgun are available at the start.
- After every five waves a health pickup along with ammo for the uzi and shotgun will spawn.
- After every ten waves a special stronger weapon will be available. Think of the M4, flamethrower, sniper rifle and the combat shotgun.
- Along with the basic weapons, a molotov cocktail is also available.

Currently, Grove Street, Bayside and Mount Chilliad are available as Survival maps.

user posted image

Currently, we're at version 2.1 which has been released on June 22nd 2012. Beta 1.0b and version 2.0 were released before but are now, obviously, outdated. Right now I'm working on version 3.0 which will release this month, september.

user posted image

Screenshots:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

(More screenshots below and on Moddb.)

Videos:

(Fortress Feature)

user posted image

- Revolution-Designes: Mod Designer, Scripter, Mapper
- Bull.04: Textures, Scripter
- Oksa8: Data Editor
- Smallcombe: Modeller, Scripter

Tips and suggestions for missions, survival locations or even game modes are welcome anytime!

user posted image

Beta 1.0b:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Version 2.0:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Version 2.1:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Version 3.0:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Version 3.1:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Mission Pack #1 - Friends, Family, F*ckers:

GTAGarage

ModDB

Mission Pack #2 - Forrest Survival:

GTAGarage

ModDB

user posted image

Interested in each and every update? Follow Left 4 Theft on Twitter! Follow @Left4Theft

user posted image

You can also like Left 4 Theft at Facebook! Facebook Left 4 Theft Page
  • In45do and Michael-Knight1 like this

Rahimoff
  • Rahimoff

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Pretty amazing work man, good luck on this icon14.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

You definitely have to include a first persion view for use in this mod, along with the other views. smile.gif

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Tuesday, Aug 16 2011, 19:41)
You definitely have to include a first persion view for use in this mod, along with the other views. smile.gif

That would be really nice indeed, I could try to make that. Not sure if I'll actually succeed in that, hehe. tounge.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Pretty sure there's someone who already made a modification like that. Maybe to save time, you should ask him to give you permission on using his code in this mod. smile.gif By the way, I could give a try at making proper zombie walking animations.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

Revolution-Designes you should make a normal zombies with bloody skins, broken bones, freakin faces and at whole like in mod resident evil dead aim or much better.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:57 AM Edited by fireguy109, 17 August 2011 - 03:00 AM.

= PM sent instead =

Nice job so far. I'd contact goin-god and ask him if he would be willing to lend you some of his models. smile.gif

bull.04
  • bull.04

:D

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:46 AM

Hey man, I am willing to help with textures. I have some good ideas and have about 1-2 years of Photoshop experience. Just let me know if you need my help.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

@MasterK: The only other zombie mod for San Andreas I know is Biohazard Alert bu goin-god. But it's dead if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, it would be great if you could make a zombie walking animation, currently I'm using the walking styles of an old man and woman for every ped in the game.

@Mr. Myriad: You mean an entire new model for zombies? That's gonna take alot of time to make all of that. Unless I could get them from somewhere.

@fireguy109: I saw your PM, and replied. wink.gif

@bull.04: It would be great if you'd want to help me with the textures. I have sent you a PM.

I'm about to start scripting the first campaign, there are still some things I need to change and fix with the survival mode but I definitely want to start with the campaign today.

More help, tips or suggestions are always welcome!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

You misunderstood me a bit. I've been talking about the first person shooter camera mode, since I'm pretty sure someone already made something like that, so you could get permission on using the code for it.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 12:09)
You misunderstood me a bit. I've been talking about the first person shooter camera mode, since I'm pretty sure someone already made something like that, so you could get permission on using the code for it.

Oh yeah! Ofcourse, I see what you mean now. tounge.gif Someone made such a thing already indeed. At the moment I recieved a message from fireguy109 with a first person script, so that's gonna be in the mod!

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

If you have any SCM problems like you said in the OP, just PM me. sly.gif

How are you doing the zombie spawning in Grove and is it contained? IE can you leave the grove?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

This looks very nice. It might make me reinstall SA.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 16:26)
If you have any SCM problems like you said in the OP, just PM me. sly.gif

How are you doing the zombie spawning in Grove and is it contained? IE can you leave the grove?

I still have to do something for that. I'll probably make a check if you're still in the area (Grove Street), if not you'll get 10 seconds to return or else you'll die. This won't be too hard to make, else I'll find another way. tounge.gif

There is only one problem about the campaign. I want to make a number of groups of zombies on the way through the campaign. The problem is: How am I gonna make that? I was thinking about spawning an amount of actors and let them walk around a point, but the only way to do that is by letting them walk a custom ped path. I don't know any code for that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

I don't really understand what you mean.

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

I think he means doing something like the director from Left 4 Dead. It spawns zombies in random places at random times depending on how far/where the survivors are.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (bull.04 @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 13:52)
I think he means doing something like the director from Left 4 Dead. It spawns zombies in random places at random times depending on how far/where the survivors are.

It's way more complex in L4D. But it can be done.

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 17:35)

Well, I was thinking something with zones. Because SA has plenty of zones for different areas/parts of the city so wouldn't it make sense to just get a random number of peds in that zone?

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 19:35)
QUOTE (bull.04 @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 13:52)

Indeed, it's very complex in L4D. The AI Director actually controls the amount of special infected and incoming attacks for the survivors. He does this by looking at the current state of the survivors and what they have already been through.

Let me make this clear, when you play a campaign in Left 4 Theft you'll be on your way to the end, the goal. Ofcourse there have to be groups of zombies on the way to the goal. My problem is, I don't exactly know how I can make these groups of zombies the player will encounter. How do I make them spawn? I could ofcourse let some zombies (actors) spawn but they will be standing still and won't be walking around like real zombies. If I know a way how I could let the zombies/actors walk around a point without using ped paths, I can make some great progress.

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

Not much of an update, but I made a ''small'' preview video for the survival mode so people can see how the survival mode exactly works.

Booty Warrior
  • Booty Warrior

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

this is awesome but cant u make the zombies run faster or punch harder

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Booty Warrior @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 15:31)

I could make them punch harder I guess and let them run faster by editing the run animation.

I have been busy today with mapping. When you play the campaign the player must know where he has to go, like in Left 4 Dead this is one way with all sideways leading somewhere else closed. This is where I've been busy with today, simply blocking sideways with barricades and obstacles. If someone is interested in mapping and would like to help working on the mod, you can simply post a reply here or send me a pm.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

Good luck with this!I'd like to try this out!

Revolution-Designes
  • Revolution-Designes

AKA JopperX9

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I've been busy with other things too. Anyway, I started with the campaign and it's going nicely, not very fast though. I will post some screenshots later.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 15:07)

I could make them punch harder I guess and let them run faster by editing the run animation.

I have been busy today with mapping. When you play the campaign the player must know where he has to go, like in Left 4 Dead this is one way with all sideways leading somewhere else closed. This is where I've been busy with today, simply blocking sideways with barricades and obstacles. If someone is interested in mapping and would like to help working on the mod, you can simply post a reply here or send me a pm.

The mapping part would be best made through scripting. Map changes therefore wouldn't be static but dynamic. smile.gif

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Tuesday, Aug 30 2011, 22:45)
QUOTE (Revolution-Designes @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 15:07)

The mapping part would be best made through scripting. Map changes therefore wouldn't be static but dynamic. smile.gif

That's true BUT for only certain parts. Say storing a certain block (like barrels and crates) to a global variable that you can switch spawning, but not for the entire map (like big buildings, restaurants etc.).

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

I was talking about road blocks. Not complete maps. biggrin.gif

bull.04
  • bull.04

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Then yeah you are right lol. I think coding is actually the only way to do it if you want them to activate and deactivate.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hey, this mod looks very promising, fortunately i can script, scm and cleo (there pretty much the same, just some main opcodes dont work in cleo) anyway i'd love to help you script this, if you want to check my mods and see how experienced i am feel free: Link here

Send me a message if your interested on signing me up for the team, good luck with the mod icon14.gif

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

This looks pretty damn sweet. I hope you won't drop this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users