Photo

Trials Evolution

71 replies to this topic
Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 01:43)
Anybody else get as addicted to the sphere game as me? No? Okay. sad.gif

I just couldn't get past those thin strips. Made it as far as the downhill one after the ring, then slid off at the bottom...

I did biggrin.gif So simple and yet so much fun.

The trial demo has quite a bit of content in it which was great. I'm still pondering whether i should pick it up now or wait for a DOTW type price reduce, all though that will probably be months off.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 01:43)
Anybody else get as addicted to the sphere game as me? No? Okay. sad.gif

I just couldn't get past those thin strips. Made it as far as the downhill one after the ring, then slid off at the bottom...

I find it addictive. I got to the point where you have to go around the hoops and was something like 300 in the leaderboards yesterday. Today, I got up to the point where you have to jump through the hoop which 420metres and now over 7500 in the leaderboards!

Loving this game so far. Not as many glitches as there were in Trials HD either and I'm loving the online. biggrin.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I couldn't resist, bought it. inlove.gif

Number 167 in the world on S.P.H.E.R.E. Oh yeah.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 20:41)

Number 81 in the world on Freestyler and something like 900 on S.P.H.E.R.E. biggrin.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 20:12)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 20:41)

Number 81 in the world on Freestyler and something like 900 on S.P.H.E.R.E. biggrin.gif

I didn't even try the others, just wanted to see how high I'd be on the leaderboards, and I managed to get even farthar than I had on the trial. The bit immediately after the thin bits is easy, but then it's a thin bit with a fan. sad.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Pretty Awesome that game, Don't know why i didn't play Trails...

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:22 PM Edited by 4 Bagger, 22 April 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Just played the track "Gigatrack". The best track I have ever played. F*cking awesome. inlove.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Bought it earlier today, been playing it since with some BF3 in between. Was gonna go for good times straight off the bat, then realised that everyone else had what were obviously better bikes, so just sort of zoomed through most trying to get everything unlocked.. Whilst still trying to stay top of my friends list. wink.gif

That's awesome on the leaderboard, Scott. Highest I've been in Trials was 14th on the Ring of Fire one last game after around 12 hours of continuous effort fighting against a classmate. Haven't really tried the skill games yet, just the one you did and Freestyler 'cos Jamie was playing it.. They feel a bit gimmicky, but they're always fun. smile.gif

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Completed all tracks on Trials Evolution and managed to get silver on all exteme tracks. That was insane. I feel dead. confused.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 21:22)
Just played the track "Gigatrack". The best track I have ever played. F*cking awesome. inlove.gif

Gonna take a fair few more attempts for no faults on that one. Love the music, though. inlove.gif

Not sure if I want to punch the person who created Mind Bender, or shake their hand. Managed to get to 500 and something on the leaderboards despite bleeding from my eyes.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

I messed about with the demo on the last one and it seems cool like an updated Excitebike on steroids. May check this out a bit more as well.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's brilliant. XBLA is just so good. There's are two or three games each year that are exceptional.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 01:58)
Just played the track "Gigatrack". The best track I have ever played. F*cking awesome.  inlove.gif

Gonna take a fair few more attempts for no faults on that one. Love the music, though. inlove.gif

Not sure if I want to punch the person who created Mind Bender, or shake their hand. Managed to get to 500 and something on the leaderboards despite bleeding from my eyes.

I only managed to do Gigatrack in 4 faults, I don't have the patience to try it again, even though I managed to complete all of the Extreme tracks and get silver medals. moto_whistle.gif

I quite like Mind Bender. Took a bit getting used to it but It's quite good. As for the soundtrack, I miss the Trials HD soundtrack. The new one isn't too bad but I loved the Trials HD soundtrack.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 07:33)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 01:58)
Just played the track "Gigatrack". The best track I have ever played. F*cking awesome.   inlove.gif

I only managed to do Gigatrack in 4 faults, I don't have the patience to try it again, even though I managed to complete all of the Extreme tracks and get silver medals. moto_whistle.gif

I quite like Mind Bender. Took a bit getting used to it but It's quite good. As for the soundtrack, I miss the Trials HD soundtrack. The new one isn't too bad but I loved the Trials HD soundtrack.

Cheater lol...

I did giga track and only had....well... um... i had 49 faults... took me 23 minutes to complete lol (fyi the timer runs out at 30 minutes).

Well worth the MS points. I'd pay $40 for it.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

f*cking hell, after watching this video, I just have to get the full game next month!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

That silhouette track was so clever and well executed. The Portal track was pretty cool as well.

I think i'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the game at full price instead of waiting for a price drop. I'll have to order me some MSP.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've just had a little sesh on downloaded tracks. Played the last one in that vid too. There's one called Terminator 2 where you're being chased down the LA river by a giant truck like in the movie - it even has cutscenes. Not much of a challenge tho.

Then I got stuck on an extreme track and rage quit mad.gif I bloody hate that! nyip-bzzz...nyip-bzzz...nyip-bzzz. 25 faults on the same climb! GG

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I hate the addiction that this game is angry.gif .

I thought it would be a fun little time killer for when I'm winding down. I didn't expect it to take me away from everything else that I'm playing. Nor did I account for the fact that this game makes time move in weird ways - ie. if you sit down and tell yourself you are just going to play 30 minutes of Trials, it turns into 2 hours.

It also has that phenomenon where you play a track over and over again - you get real good, and then out of nowhere you start to turn retarded and seem to lose all the skill and timing you've gained.

Too much fun. I'm going to show it to my wife today, because I think she will totally dig it.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I have all but one achievement. I suspect the one you get for completing the 'Scenic Route' tournament with no faults will forever elude me.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 12:58)
I hate the addiction that this game is angry.gif .

I thought it would be a fun little time killer for when I'm winding down. I didn't expect it to take me away from everything else that I'm playing. Nor did I account for the fact that this game makes time move in weird ways - ie. if you sit down and tell yourself you are just going to play 30 minutes of Trials, it turns into 2 hours.

It also has that phenomenon where you play a track over and over again - you get real good, and then out of nowhere you start to turn retarded and seem to lose all the skill and timing you've gained.

Too much fun. I'm going to show it to my wife today, because I think she will totally dig it.

So much truth. The loss of skill part is the worst, inducing constant shouts of "why am I doing that?!" and "I've not even f*cking failed there once before!".

I've had to stay off it though (and Xbox in general), so I suspect when I go back, all my times will be massacred. sad.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Bump and double post for Gigatrack, no faults, 7:24.422, 7991st. Finally! biggrin.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Friday, May 4 2012, 22:52)
Bump and double post for Gigatrack, no faults, 7:24.422, 7991st. Finally! biggrin.gif

Might want to send you a friend request. Although, I'm not sure I need anything more to make me restart tracks over and over again.

I've really gotten into enjoying the ultra long free falls to the death.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 02:52)

I was trying to get gold on that one yesterday. Damn it's a long way back to start over. Also completed my first extreme track 244 faults only!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 20:05)
I know from chasing your names that a fair few people here played Trials HD. Who am I going to be seeing (and possibly playing with) this time? What little I've seen so far already has me sold, and convinced this is going to be even better.

E3 teaser.

And the new gameplay via Edge.

I'm a big trials fan but not the best player.

I have only got silver on 1 Hardcore track and thats the Ninja course.

There are some mega user made tracks though, I recommend:
Real trials comp 1 and 2.
Pandora Final ver.
Hole in the wall.

Sorry I don't have user names at the mo, but can get them later.

I wanted to PM you my gamertag but your inbox is full.
Let me know when I can PM it to you.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I actually rage quit attempting Inferno 3. f*ck it all.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 21:37)
I actually rage quit attempting Inferno 3. f*ck it all.

Doesn't every session of this game end in a rage quit?

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 03:00)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Friday, May 4 2012, 22:52)

Might want to send you a friend request. Although, I'm not sure I need anything more to make me restart tracks over and over again.

I've really gotten into enjoying the ultra long free falls to the death.

Do feel free.

Sometimes inflicting pain on the rider is a good way to lower stress levels.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 02:23)
I wanted to PM you my gamertag but your inbox is full.
Let me know when I can PM it to you.

My gamertag is on my profile. smile.gif

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

I played all the tracks from the first Trials and completed all the challenges. Now I miss my old 360. confused.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Finally bought the game yesterday, still only on the hard set of races but it's been great so far.

Bikes sort of seem like there's more control in them now especially when riding on the back wheel, so that's good instead of just flipping it you can at least bounce to the next obstacle.

I like the emphasis that Red Lynx have put on the player deaths at the end of the races, some of them are pretty funny.

Just downloaded about 15 tracks, will give them a whirl later. This game will have some serious replay value with the constant user tracks that will be made.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Managed to get 798.80 meters on the Sphere minigame. F*cked it up on a metal strip next to a fan. bored.gif
Also got a platinum medal on the first extreme track. (forgot the name of it)

I like the garage on this and the extra parts you can install to your bike. The fact that you earn money aswell is a good idea. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users