Photo

The Parachute

21 replies to this topic
Niko Bieber
  • Niko Bieber

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

The Parachute is starting to become a staple in Sand Box Free Roam Games, Just Cause Saints Row 3 and GTA TBOGT. How do you guys think Rockstar will take it to a whole nother level? Saints Row 3 already confirmed you will be shoot will gliding. What changes would you like to see in GTA V reguarding The Parachute.

Please lock or move if need be

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Just cause 2 had a rocket parachute so you could stay off the ground longer i can see something like that working in GTA V.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Don't forget that the parachute existed in GTA: SA.

If there's tall buildings or mountains in GTA V, paractutes will be a necessity for BASE jumping (unless you fall in water). lol

hitrho5
  • hitrho5

The Big Red

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

I think one definite improvement for the parachute would be that, when it is acquired, the game should automatically equip it for you. That way, when you fall, it's okay if you forgot to equip it. You just fall off of a building/out of a heli and just push X or whatever button. Simple idea, but it could really help if there's a lot of flying involved.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (hitrho5 @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 18:37)
I think one definite improvement for the parachute would be that, when it is acquired, the game should automatically equip it for you. That way, when you fall, it's okay if you forgot to equip it. You just fall off of a building/out of a heli and just push X or whatever button. Simple idea, but it could really help if there's a lot of flying involved.

Nah cause sometimes you don't want to be walking around with some bright red thing on your back (they looked even worse in SA). It's really your own fault if you fall off a building and not realise there is not a huge bag strapped to your back, really hard NOT to notice it lol. tounge.gif

I think it's almost definate that we'll see a parachute in GTAV. I think the reason it wasn't included in the original GTA IV is because the new engine physics made it difficult to produce realistic effects of a parachute.

hi999
  • hi999

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

I always loved parachutes in GTA. Paraachutes in GTA V would be great.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

sense rockstar seem to be going the serious more realistic way i want a realistic type parachute, not like just cause 2.

darrellmonks
  • darrellmonks

Niko Fernando Klebitz

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

You didnt credit GTA SA. To my knowledge if SanAndreas hadnt added a parachute those other games wouldnt of thought of them. Anyway i hope GTA V has parachutes.

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

I heard that Rockstar want to make GTA V more what like San Andreas was because they didn't achieve as much with GTA IV as San Andreas.
(Such as Bicycles, Parachutes, Quads etc...)

I think GTA V will have all of them in the game and even more great vehicles and weapons.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I don't think it would be a good inclusion in the next game. Parachutes are obviously used in real life, but does your average crimial carry one about. Would a police officer chase a criminal to the top of a building, only to see him dive off with his parachute. This could occur occasionally, but as I say, the standard criminal does not always carry his parachute with him.

They could be in the game anyway, but in my opinion we would find them being vastly overused, compared to how often they are used in real life. This happened in BOGT, so I don't see why that would change at all.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 16:31)
I don't think it would be a good inclusion in the next game. Parachutes are obviously used in real life, but does your average crimial carry one about. Would a police officer chase a criminal to the top of a building, only to see him dive off with his parachute. This could occur occasionally, but as I say, the standard criminal does not always carry his parachute with him.

They could be in the game anyway, but in my opinion we would find them being vastly overused, compared to how often they are used in real life. This happened in BOGT, so I don't see why that would change at all.

Well using your example. Does a real criminal pull an RPG magically from his suit? Or 7 other weapons all perfect stashed under his clothes? It's a game so unrealistc scenarios suddenly make alot of sense. I think a parachute will make a return, and if it's overused then that's player choice.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 16:34)

Well using your example. Does a real criminal pull an RPG magically from his suit? Or 7 other weapons all perfect stashed under his clothes? It's a game so unrealistc scenarios suddenly make alot of sense. I think a parachute will make a return, and if it's overused then that's player choice.

The part about the rocket launcher; however realistically, the criminal could pull out almost any of the other weapons. The difference is that the majority of these weapons are not overused and abused by the general gaming community.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Monday, Aug 15 2011, 18:31)
If there's tall buildings or mountains in GTA V, paractutes will be a necessity for BASE jumping (unless you fall in water). lol

In the next GTA I think we could die if we fall in water on a high fall as well... renember.. when the body hits the water on a high fall, it is just like it hits on concrete...so I think our days falling in water and no dying in that, are over

GTAWithStyle
  • GTAWithStyle

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

stupidest thing ive ever heard

Dymez
  • Dymez

West Coast

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

There will be one or two missions where you are going to have to dive out of a plane or helicopter, or maybe jump out of the window or off the roof of a tall building. So parachutes will definitely be in the next GTA. As far as taking it to another level; I don't know. Because it makes such scarce appearances in GTA's missions, I don't think they would think about adding more elements to it. I would say at best they would make it so you can shoot guns while the chute is equipped, but if you were to equip a gun, then you would have now unequipped the parachute. So I don't see that happening either, unless they make a change in the weapons system.

To add; what I do see possibly happening in the next GTA would be hang gliding and shooting weapons from that.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:22 AM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 18 August 2011 - 08:25 AM.

QUOTE (darrellmonks @ Tuesday, Aug 16 2011, 03:35)
You didnt credit GTA SA. To my knowledge if SanAndreas hadnt added a parachute those other games wouldnt of thought of them. Anyway i hope GTA V has parachutes.

icon14.gif

and icon14.gif icon14.gif for the sig..

Well, i really wish that they add acrobatic skills to be done while freefalling, just for some fun..

Even, using weapons should be allowed in the same way as it was with the jetack in SA..

cherrycola
  • cherrycola

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

I couldn't care less, I only barely parachuted in TBoGT before it got boring, but since they've already have the code ready they might as well include it in GTA V. Hopefully along with airplanes so that the parachutes would actually offer some use, like when your plane is shot down in a dogfight.

Vangelis
  • Vangelis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

They should be a step in front of the competition. I'd put the wingsuits in, if I were in their shoes.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Vangelis @ Thursday, Aug 18 2011, 14:34)
They should be a step in front of the competition. I'd put the wingsuits in, if I were in their shoes.

You calling me a copycat lol http://www.gtaforums...c=393536&st=380 read my post there and the date of the post. I didnt even saw your post when i made the thread.

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

i would like to be able to shoot other peoples parachutes so they come twirling to the ground and die. Just a thought.

Niko Bieber
  • Niko Bieber

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

shooting people while flying in a parachute has been confirmed for saints row 3 lol maybe rockstar will up the anty on fun

HooDzUpGuNzOuT
  • HooDzUpGuNzOuT

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

So Unrealistic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users