Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does the ice cream factory corrupt files?

9 replies to this topic
drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

I have searched but found nothing similar.

I just wanna know if it's a code problem or something? Get all technical on this peeps lol

EternalAgony
  • EternalAgony

Ain't that a kick in the head?

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

I don't know but I've never saved there because of what I've heard it does.
Maybe because the game has to spawn the Mr. Whoopee at the same time as loading the game and it causes a bug (because when you star up a game file, cars don't spawn right away)? dozingoff.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:04 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 15 August 2011 - 12:06 AM.

There's no reason why it should. It's just a common rumor that floats around. I'm guessing it's probably started by that one unlucky guy who remembered where he last saved the game.

@EternalAgony What about the Sentinel at Sunshine Autos or the Oceanic at Ocean View?

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

I don't remember that it corrupted my save game, I had never problems with loading savegames and I'm playing VC since it's release, so I have sure saved there too.

GTA_goD_01
  • GTA_goD_01

Uber_Driver

• Members

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

If it is true EternalAgony may be onto something. I think it's the only safehouse where you spawn outside (not in an interior as with Ocean Beach) AND a vehicle spawns at the same time and on top of that it is a special vehicle in that when you enter it it triggers a mission. Hmmmm....

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:20 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 16 August 2011 - 06:23 AM.

It's not a special vehicle. It's only special in the eyes of a human because it doesn't spawn on the streets and starts a mission. In the game data, the Mr. Whoopee is as generic as a Sentinel.

I highly doubt saving at specific places causes game corruptions. If that happened, my All in One Mod "Save Anywhere" feature would've broken my game many times through my extensive testing of my mod. No one has reported any problems with save file corruptions related to my mod at all.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

As far as I know, this is ONLY a glitch on the Original PS2 release-It should be fixed on the Greatest Hits(PS2), Trilogy Pack for PS2, X-Box, PC(both original and Trilogy Pack versions)...(If i'm not mistaken, Spuds has confirmed that on the Original PS2 release?)

But, that should not be a problem, as the Vercetti Estate and car lots are so close to the Ice Cream asset property..

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

As far as i know, saving in the ice factory prevents you from 100% and only on PS2, but as radioman said, it's fixed in later releases

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Sorry for the late response-- had a busy couple of weeks....

I honestly don't know if it will screw up your save file or not-- I do have the original PS2 release and I did save there before hearing of the "bug" (this predated me visiting GTA message boards so didn't know)-- so IMHO-- this may just be an urban (message board) legend.

Anyway-- if you want to be safe-- don't save there.... nothing really special or convenient about that save point--- it pretty much splits the distance between sunshine autos (lots of garages and vehicles there) and the mansions (lots of weapons and flying vehicles there)-- so really what is the point of saving there??

Might be a good experiment--- play through a game and keep saving there and see what happens.... I don't have alot of time to mess with this or I would try it.

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I tried it and on my trilogy pack and 100% was achieved, so in trilogy pack you can save your game in the factory.It won't prevent you from 100%, for original release i haven't tested yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users