Sniper Elite V2

77 replies to this topic
FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

Never played the original but liked the concept. Reviews said it was pretty flawed and a disappointment. But they are coming with a sequel anyways.

Looks cool, don't spot any PC logos unfortunatly (or I'm pretty damn blind.

I'll keep my eye on this one.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Looks good, but is it better than Sniper Ghost Warrior?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 01:26)
Never played the original but liked the concept. Reviews said it was pretty flawed and a disappointment.

Reviewers are f*ckin' idiots. Sniper Elite was very innovative. It still is. It's not flawed, it's difficult. AI isn't moronic. They will react to sound realistically and you have to use stealth and environment to your advantage. Sniper is the highlight of the game. Realistic bullet physics. Levels were great and objectives were very realistic and immersive.

Cyraxx
  • Cyraxx

Lurker

• Members

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 09:52)
Never played the original but liked the concept. Reviews said it was pretty flawed and a disappointment.

Reviewers are f*ckin' idiots. Sniper Elite was very innovative. It still is. It's not flawed, it's difficult. AI isn't moronic. They will react to sound realistically and you have to use stealth and environment to your advantage. Sniper is the highlight of the game. Realistic bullet physics. Levels were great and objectives were very realistic and immersive.

This. I f*cking loved the first one, I thought it was amazingly underrated. I really hope that they do well with the sequel.

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Cyraxx @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 15:28)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 09:52)

This. I f*cking loved the first one, I thought it was amazingly underrated. I really hope that they do well with the sequel.

I almost bought the first one but the guy at the video game store told me it sucked, and warned me not to buy it.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

Info about the game

Bones shatter, organs rupture and blood gushes – the explosive first trailer for Sniper Elite V2 shows that, in the ruins of Berlin in 1945, every shot counts.

Global publisher 505 Games and Rebellion announced in April that they are working on the long-awaited sequel to 2005’s critically-acclaimed Sniper Elite for the current generation of consoles.

The thrilling first trailer – released online today – is the opening salvo in the run-up to the release of Sniper Elite V2 next year, which is sure to revitalise a genre all of its own.

The trailer premieres the unique ‘kill cam’, which rewards a ‘good’ shot by explicitly demonstrating just how destructive a sniper’s bullet can be – following it along its path before switching to slow motion X-ray detail to show its actual effects on the target’s skeleton and organs. The kill cam rewards good gameplay but reinforces the chilling impact of the sniper on the battlefields of World War Two.

It also demonstrates the distinctive direction of Sniper Elite V2– this is no ‘run and gun’ shoot ‘em up. Players must carefully thread their way through the ruins and complete covert missions, otherwise hordes of German Wehrmacht will come running.

Released in 2005, Sniper Elite saw gamers playing an American OSS secret agent disguised as a German sniper in Berlin during the final days of World War II. It earned considerable public and critical applause with its blend of stealth action - which emphasised patience and cunning over reflexes alone - culminating in being awarded ‘Best PC/Console Game’ at the TIGA awards 2005.

Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion, said:
“We’re really excited by the new teaser trailer for Sniper Elite V2. It gives a sneak peek at the kind of action you can expect from the game, as well as the chance to see what makes it so unique.

“This is no ‘run and gun’ game and you have to be strategic, take your time and think problems through rather than go in all guns blazing – exactly what made the original Sniper Elite such a great game.”

Chris Kingsley, CTO of Rebellion, said:
“The kill cam is both a big part of Sniper Elite’s gameplay and a major technical challenge – recreating in exacting detail the effect of a bullet on the human body. This is just a glimpse for now, but we know fans of the original Sniper Elite will be thrilled to see we’ve taken what made Sniper Elite such a hit and built on it.”

Ian Howe, President of 505 Games US, said:
“Sniper Elite V2 will be the most brutally realistic military sharpshooter out there on the market.  Our WW2 Berlin is utterly realistic in terms of locations, weapons, vehicles, uniforms, music and other important details. We want the player to really feel like they are really there at an important moment in time where WW2 started to drift into the beginning of the Cold War. We want them to get into the mindset where one bullet really does count.” 

Join us at http://www.facebook.com/sniperelitev2

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

Knowing that the first one is only 10 dollars I may pick that one up.

I have always been intrigued by this kind of gameplay, I never played the first one but the sneaking and openness of how you attack objectives is nice.
That's the kind of games I like, certain elements are focused but allow you to use your imagination on how you use them.
Especially watching some videos of the first one, watching people use trip mines in nice ways.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Saturday, Aug 13 2011, 07:03)
Knowing that the first one is only 10 dollars I may pick that one up.

I have always been intrigued by this kind of gameplay, I never played the first one but the sneaking and openness of how you attack objectives is nice.
That's the kind of games I like, certain elements are focused but allow you to use your imagination on how you use them.
Especially watching some videos of the first one, watching people use trip mines in nice ways.

The game doesn't hold your hand at all. You are free to explore all possibilities you can think of. But you can rarely, almost never just go in guns blazing. You can try, but you won't succeed.

I'm glad Sniper Elite 2 is also set in WW2. I hate this modern crap they throw at us.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Souce
http://www.pcgamer.c...2-coming-to-pc/

Elite 2 Coming to PC

After an overwhelming response from PC gamers, Rebellion announce that they plan to self-fund a PC version of their upcoming sharpshooter sequel, Sniper Elite V2.

The shooter was originally destined for a console only release, now it will be coming to PC, and Rebellion say they’re determined to ensure that we won’t be getting a shoddy port. Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley has stated that the PC version “will be built specifically for PC to take advantage of the more flexible and powerful hardware, with strong support directly from Rebellion.”

Sniper Elite V2 is the sequel to the 2005 tactical shooter, which asked players to perform stealth missions based on the backdrop of World War 2. From what little we know so far, the sequel looks to be staying true to these roots, directly continuing the franchise in the same time period as before. There is no set release date for the sequel yet, but more information is expected in the months to come.

While initially the game will only be available as a digital download through Steam, Rebellion are currently looking for possible partners to put out a retail release.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

That sounds fair. I hope they do it right so I can shower them with money.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Wow, why such an old topic for this awesome game?

Sniper Elite V2 demo available on Steam and it's totally awesome!

The bullet physics and AI working together is amazing, and the game itself is a good port, finally my laptop can play a game with Ambient Occlusion. Even GTA SA with ENB's AO lagged for me, but not this 2012 game? Mustbuy.

P.S. Time to enjoy flying slow mo bullet from Max Payne 3 before Max Payne 3 comes out! Plus breaking bones and blowing up jugulars is so calming..

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

What i don't like about this game is that it is reboot of sniper elite, meaning it is same character, but events in sniper elite never happened. And even though original sniper elite was from 2005 protagonist looked like it should, he was in german uniform with german cap blending in environment and this rebooted character looks like douchebag.
They should make new story with different character and different timeline.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

I don't really like the demo. I tried to do the objective bit in in different ways but they have the guards set up so the only thing you can do is just snipe. I know it is sniper elite but I thought it was supposed to be that you could do it in different ways.

I can't do that, the only way to is just to snipe. Maybe they had it set up like this to really show off the bullet cam, to really show off that part. It's damn cool though, you can actually shoot through a mans testicles. They are huge though, they are far apart and huge, biggest balls I have ever seen.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14 AM Edited by goin-god, 25 April 2012 - 03:08 AM.

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 13:03)
I don't really like the demo. I tried to do the objective bit in in different ways but they have the guards set up so the only thing you can do is just snipe. I know it is sniper elite but I thought it was supposed to be that you could do it in different ways.

I can't do that, the only way to is just to snipe. Maybe they had it set up like this to really show off the bullet cam, to really show off that part. It's damn cool though, you can actually shoot through a mans testicles. They are huge though, they are far apart and huge, biggest balls I have ever seen.

That's totally retarded. It's Sniper Elite. Sniper...
----

So, I played the DEMO on PS3 and LOVED it. Nice graphics and great realism.
The bullet effect it's great and let's not talk about the Xray shots.. speachless.

I'm downloading the DEMO for PC now, since I think I will play better.
I would like to buy this game, but the price dosn't convince me.

Do you guys think I should preorder now (save 10%)? Or wait until it lowers the price? Although that may take a while.
I like it, but it's quite some money for me. I payed 40 for RDR, but it's an amazing game. Not sure about this one.

edit:

Just played the PC demo, much better. Really smooth with Ultra settings. And to me Sniper Elite mode on PC feels like Cadet mode on PS3. tounge.gif
I might buy it for PC.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

one thing I liked about the demo was the custom difficulty setting. I like to be able to time my shots, get first shot hits and have to account for bullet drop and such, which is countered by having the enemy AI set lower the first time, then work your way up. if you play a game like this without the bullet drop and wind effects and such, you might as well play a generic first person shooter's sniper level.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

How do I mark enemies with the binoculars? I want to find out their info so I can take out higher ranks first, it's suppoused to make the lower rank germans clueless.

PC.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:31 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 25 April 2012 - 11:35 AM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 00:52)

You just sold this game to me. icon14.gif

I'm also like that it's WWII. Bit sick of modern warfare, not that I ever really got too in to it.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

The sequel is in a way like Battlefield... authentic realistic feel but that's where it ends. It has authenticity and it feels realistic... but it is far from simulation/realistic like RO or ARMA or OF.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 08:34)
The sequel is in a way like Battlefield... authentic realistic feel but that's where it ends. It has authenticity and it feels realistic... but it is far from simulation/realistic like RO or ARMA or OF.

Yeah, my only complaint is that sometimes it takes more than it should to kill someone.
Also, the reason spoting enemies didn't work for me it's because it dosn't work on Sniper Elite mode.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Apart from having sniper rifle all the time, this game isn't much sniper-oriented. Sniper Ghost Warrior was more "sniper" than this.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Demo was good and it looks quite pretty however I think the camera novelty would wear off on my pretty fast. I am pretty sure the testicles come up on bullet cam which i found hilarious.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 13:02)
Apart from having sniper rifle all the time, this game isn't much sniper-oriented. Sniper Ghost Warrior was more "sniper" than this.

That game sucked and still sucks....

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Haven't heard of this, or the first one looks intresting, I might have to look into geting the first one, from what some posters said it sounds pretty good.

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

Pretty sure I read that this isn't a sequel and that they basically redone the first game and changed a few things. Can't wait for it though.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Oh for f*cks sake, the release of the game has been pushed back to the 11th of this months. And Diablo III is going to be out the 15th and then another two weeks for Max Payne 3... damnit.

X3MAC
  • X3MAC

Scofield

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I played the Demo sould I buy it? I mean it is a great game but I dont know. I had some other thoughts on some games.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 10:47)
Oh for f*cks sake, the release of the game has been pushed back to the 11th of this months. And Diablo III is going to be out the 15th and then another two weeks for Max Payne 3... damnit.

Dude,the game's out right now.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:51)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 10:47)

Dude,the game's out right now.

Dude not when you get the retail versions and prefer a short ass install instead of a long ass download.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

I played the demo, it was OK.
I like the Max Payne type bullett camfor head shots and other organ shots, also the x-ray scene of the bullet passing through is cool.
The Level was quite open with a fair few enemies and I could throw rocks at them, later I got nades.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

just played this game for the first time tonight, grabbed it this weekend at MicroCenter when I was picking up a new PSU.

I had never played the first game and pretty much just gave this one a shot (pun intended) based on user reviews.
it sounded like something I would really enjoy since I've always been a fan of realism; Op Flashpoint, ArmA, Red Orchestra, etc.

I must say I'm highly satisfied so far.
it's not absolute realism in a lot of ways, but it's also more than realistic enough for my taste. in general, there's a very nice balance between realism and fun in Sniper Elite 2.
the AI and physics will certainly punish you if you're not aware and patient. precision definitely pays off. and the X-ray kill cam is pretty awesome.

I have the kill cam set to "low" frequency so that it doesn't break my feeling of immersion so often.
it's also more gratifying when you do finally see it. but I like staying in the moment more than anything.

I play with the music off and the sound effects all the way up.
my graphics are set to max @ 1080 on a 22" monitor and everything is smooth as butter and simply gorgeous. Sniper Elite 2 is an extremely polished game that feels less like a console port and more like it was built from the ground-up for the PC.

no bugs, no crashes, no confusing objectives.
at least none so far.

2 thumbs up for SE V2 icon14.gif icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users