Photo

Converting Player skins into Clothes for CJ

1 reply to this topic
link808ninja
  • link808ninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hi. Im just getting started with textures and whatnot and I was wondering if its possible to take a player skin (example: the MW2 Ghost skin) and turn it into clothes for CJ (a .dff and a .txd file for torso, legs, shoes, etc.) I want to do this for my own game (and I would be using other modders skins with their permission, of course).

I have a few skins I would like to convert into Clothes... Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell Conviction (Shirt, pants, shoes) Ghost and/or Soap Mactavish from MW2 (mask, shirt, pants, shoes), 82nd Airborne army skin (I want to make this one the gimp suit but with black skin since CJ is black).

I have 3d MAX, Kam Scripts, txd editor, GTA anim editor, PAINT.Net... Im pretty sure I have everything I need to get started... Someone help?

And again, I kow Im using other peoples mods to get started, but Im new, to the whole modding thing, Im not planning on releasing it, and even if I did, I would give credit where credit is due... So please dont scold me. Im a grown ass man just asking for help.

Thank you.

cloud_strife94
  • cloud_strife94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (link808ninja @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 11:49)
Hi. Im just getting started with textures and whatnot and I was wondering if its possible to take a player skin (example: the MW2 Ghost skin) and turn it into clothes for CJ (a .dff and a .txd file for torso, legs, shoes, etc.) I want to do this for my own game (and I would be using other modders skins with their permission, of course).

I have a few skins I would like to convert into Clothes... Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell Conviction (Shirt, pants, shoes) Ghost and/or Soap Mactavish from MW2 (mask, shirt, pants, shoes), 82nd Airborne army skin (I want to make this one the gimp suit but with black skin since CJ is black).

I have 3d MAX, Kam Scripts, txd editor, GTA anim editor, PAINT.Net... Im pretty sure I have everything I need to get started... Someone help?

And again, I kow Im using other peoples mods to get started, but Im new, to the whole modding thing, Im not planning on releasing it, and even if I did, I would give credit where credit is due... So please dont scold me. Im a grown ass man just asking for help.

Thank you.

sure it's possible.
this is an example:
you have the 3d model (it doesn't have to be a .dff, it can be another file format openable with 3dsm) of a soldier and you want him shirt; so now convert to editable mesh and delet the things that you don't need. now follow this video tutorial for converting

that's all.
hope can help. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users