Photo

If GTA3 Had Achievements/Trophies?

68 replies to this topic
Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Gta was made for cheating killing stealing cars getting busted etc etc stating that gta 4 sucked because it had achievements shows just how bad you were at the game. To boycott a game because it has achievements shows your true love for the game. Who the hell plays gta has a law abiding citizen? Also rockstar are about making money so they are done with GTA III you sir talk out of your ass. Rereleasing GTA III on the 360 with achievements and also online would sell really well same goes for Vice City and San Andreas. With GTA 5 around the corner it would have been good just to take people down memory lane

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:07)
Gta was made for cheating killing stealing cars getting busted etc etc stating that gta 4 sucked because it had achievements shows just how bad you were at the game. To boycott a game because it has achievements shows your true love for the game. Who the hell plays gta has a law abiding citizen? Also rockstar are about making money so they are done with GTA III you sir talk out of your ass. Rereleasing GTA III on the 360 with achievements and also online would sell really well same goes for Vice City and San Andreas. With GTA 5 around the corner it would have been good just to take people down memory lane

Oh yeah, Arsen Vitiuk talking out of his ass? You sir, are talking out of your ass. GTA III was made at a time when trophies and achievements were not needed and I think it is beneficial not having them, my opinion bro. Oh, and I've completed GTA IV to 100% numerous times and am yet to complete all of the achievements (Only Multiplayer ones left) so I'm really crap at it am I?

Now, don't take this the wrong way but we are talking about my true love for GTA III not IV so I believe at is preposterous to even consider achievements especially when millions have played and liked it previously. Rockstar may make money for achievements but they have re-released it on many consoles as it is, the game does not need achievements. It would surely ruin the game and take away the purpose, the original purpose

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:07)
Gta was made for cheating... getting busted etc etc...

Judging by this phrase alone, I put your abilities as a decent player under high doubt. If that would be the case, then why would the game be meant to play the fair way, to begin with? And why would the rating go down for every arrest the player receives? It just doesn't make sense. Plus, the sense of achievement is lost as well - that is, if you can scrape out some, to begin with.

Achievements may be OK for GTA IV, although I sort of despise it - as a 'truE playeR', I cannot play for fun anymore, as I have to do my best to get the achievements - some of them restricting me to keeping focused on task are hand, while I would prefer to busy myself with another activity.

But AchievementZ were never meant for GTA III - well, at the very least at the time of the game's release. And it is for the best that it stays that way. Some things are just not meant for each other - GTA III and AchievementZ being a perfect example.

And also, why would Rockstar ever listen to fans like these? Some might want as well to alter the story or the setting - and what, may I ask, would then become of the game if they listened to all the advices and proposals?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 20:01)
And what, may I ask, would then become of the game if they listened to all the advices and proposals?

Well, whatever it would become it would not be GTA III, not the game that Rockstar intended it to be and not the game I would favor in the GTA Series.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Achievements and Trophies would ruin the game because you are forced to do sh*t you don't want to do.

But if I have to,

NameRequirementTrophy
Prison BreakComplete "Give Me Liberty" and "Luigi's Girls"Bronze
I hope you've got tomatosComplete "Dead Skunk In The Trunk"Bronze
Watch Out For ShotgunComplete "Sayonara Salvatore"Silver
We've got a terrorist over here!Complete "S.A.M."Bronze
Shut up, bitchComplete "The Exchange"Gold
Drug LordCollect all hidden packagesSilver
Silent KillerComplete all RamapgesSilver
No fearComplete all Unique Stunt JumpsBronze
Grand Theft AutoFill all Import/Export garages and Portland Harbor craneGold
King of the cityComplete the game 100%Gold
Scrap DealerEarn over $10000 from crushing carsSilver
End of The StoryCollect all trophiesPlatinum

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Liberty - Unlock all the islands.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

I agree that trophies and achievements aren't all that. I just ignore them and play the game. I never actively go for them. I also don't need them for "challenges" either....I am capable of screwing around on my own and coming up with my own things to do, alone or with friends.

I don't really see the point in them, it's like an external "reward" system that doesn't actually give you any reward....if they unlocked things in the game then maybe they'd make more sense. But really that can't work with games that are old and have had them patched in way later...so meh. It's like a grind working towards nothing. A sense of achievement you say?....well certainly not, you've not achieved at all....you just done something that makes a notice pop up....exciting!

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 18:14)
don't take this the wrong way but we are talking about my true love for GTA III not IV so I believe at is preposterous to even consider achievements especially when millions have played and liked it previously. Rockstar may make money for achievements but they have re-released it on many consoles as it is, the game does not need achievements. It would surely ruin the game and take away the purpose, the original purpose

You really do need to read this whole thread to see who I was aining this at. The Ukrainian guy said GTA IV was crap because of achievements ao it was aimed at him to get 100% that also means finding all flying rats. And you claim achievements is pointless. Isn't that?

I got to say I do respect Xegethra he stated that he didn't like achievements and instead of bitching how they kill a game of how he will boycott a game if they do he said he ignores them (like a normal human being) it is not a federal law that you have to complete the achievements so if you don't like them than ignore them and let those who do enjoy them enjoy doing things on game for fun. So if they had released a anniversary version of GTA III on the 360 you and me Ukraine would not buy it, just you two plus a few others, don't counting people who don't like GTA just morons who would boycott it because of some silly little thing. And also to state fans would want to game play changing as well as missions than it then wouldn't be GTA III. Looks like rockstar would loose a lot of money. Meanwhile on planet earth. People are buying it left right and centre or rebuying it. They loved the good old days. The first thing Timmy does who was 10 when gta III came out is enter the tank cheat and starts destroying cars. While you two will bitch and cry because Rockstar added achievements to the game. Timmy may try and get the achievements or he may just get them natural either way he is bloody enjoying the game now there is a true GTA fan.

so bitch and cry about of GTA is dead because it now has achievements rockstar has made new customers because of achievements they are not going to give a f*ck if one or two people are boycotting them because they added achievements and I hope they do re release it in the 360 with achievements just to piss you off

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:01)

Achievements may be OK for GTA IV, although I sort of despise it - as a 'truE playeR', I cannot play for fun anymore, as I have to do my best to get the achievements - some of them restricting me to keeping focused on task are hand, while I would prefer to busy myself with another activity.

This was me. Completed all the main missions. Then he is my day to day activity on GTA IV

day one just f*cked around on the game stealing cars and killing people enjoyed it
day two aimed at getting achievements again enjoyed it
day three played online again enjoyed it
day four did online achievement boosting again enjoyed it.

there you go I enjoyed it no matter what.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Don't double post, you can edit the first one to add extra information

I never said that Achievements were a bad thing but I said that they are not suited for GTA III. I highly doubt Rockstar would make new customers by adding text pop-ups would they? It would surely ruin the game and take away the purpose because the intended purpose, as with all games is to play the game for the Gameplay features, the storyline, side missions etc. Not to go around doing crazy things that you would never do normally to get a little pop-up box.

I think that in most of the games I play on PS3 achievements are alright, suited for the game because the intended purpose was for there to be extra achievements as well as the Gameplay features incorporated alongside the game. With GTA III, the original idea was not for there to bye any achievements and Arsen Vitiuk and I feel that it would add a feature really not needed to this game, both of us, far used to playing the game as it is currently. I wouldn't boycott the game for having them but would not buy it, you are right. Remember, we are talking about my true love for GTA III not IV so I believe that is preposterous to even consider achievements especially when millions have played and liked it previously and I see no reason how it would make the game better under any circumstances. You have no right to even criticize my love for this game, I play it almost daily even today, 10 years after the release because I truly believe that it is a masterpiece, Rockstar's way of making the GTA Franchise popular, no extra achievements were needed.

Little Timmy can also stick that tank where the sun don't shine, using Cheats shows how incapable of a player the user is. They add no level of skill to the game but instead make the game harder because you are not used to completing the simple missions in the first place.

The original argument was why dish out stupid achievements such as 'Get Wasted' if they are not adding anything benefial to the game. Wipeout HD had an achievement like this on PS3 and I thought it was the stupidest thing a game developer can add to the game, almost pointless if you ask me, you are not going to be pleased with an achievement like that to your game.

Based on the points in your second post to Arsen Vitiuk, it seems you haven't even attempted to play through the Single Player Storyline or Side Missions in GTA IV, quite inadequate for a skilled player, I must say. This gives me even more of an impression that calling me a bad player is just a showing of your jealousy

Oh and 'The Ukrainian Guy'? Yeah, he has a name so I find it kind of insulting that you would call him that confused.gif

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 10:28)
Don't double post, you can edit the first one to add extra information

I never said that Achievements were a bad thing but I said that they are not suited for GTA III. I highly doubt Rockstar would make new customers by adding text pop-ups would they? It would surely ruin the game and take away the purpose because the intended purpose, as with all games is to play the game for the Gameplay features, the storyline, side missions etc. Not to go around doing crazy things that you would never do normally to get a little pop-up box.

I think that in most of the games I play on PS3 achievements are alright, suited for the game because the intended purpose was for there to be extra achievements as well as the Gameplay features incorporated alongside the game. With GTA III, the original idea was not for there to bye any achievements and Arsen Vitiuk and I feel that it would add a feature really not needed to this game, both of us, far used to playing the game as it is currently. I wouldn't boycott the game for having them but would not buy it, you are right. Remember, we are talking about my true love for GTA III not IV so I believe that is preposterous to even consider achievements especially when millions have played and liked it previously and I see no reason how it would make the game better under any circumstances. You have no right to even criticize my love for this game, I play it almost daily even today, 10 years after the release because I truly believe that it is a masterpiece, Rockstar's way of making the GTA Franchise popular, no extra achievements were needed.

Little Timmy can also stick that tank where the sun don't shine, using Cheats shows how incapable of a player the user is. They add no level of skill to the game but instead make the game harder because you are not used to completing the simple missions in the first place.

The original argument was why dish out stupid achievements such as 'Get Wasted' if they are not adding anything benefial to the game. Wipeout HD had an achievement like this on PS3 and I thought it was the stupidest thing a game developer can add to the game, almost pointless if you ask me, you are not going to be pleased with an achievement like that to your game.

Based on the points in your second post to Arsen Vitiuk, it seems you haven't even attempted to play through the Single Player Storyline or Side Missions in GTA IV, quite inadequate for a skilled player, I must say. This gives me even more of an impression that calling me a bad player is just a showing of your jealousy

Oh and 'The Ukrainian Guy'? Yeah, he has a name so I find it kind of insulting that you would call him that confused.gif

First I am on a mobile phone. Please do forgive me. 10 years. Your saying people who uses cheats are bad players? No they are not they want to have fun. They deliberately entered cheats so they can have fun and rockstar allows for this.

to state the get busted achievement is stupid. Well you don't have to get it. Just don't get busted that is all. And if you did cheats you would have learnt that one of them is a gore cheat and when using a sniper rifle you can shoot of limbs like arms legs and heads.

so Timmy can't put that tank where the sun don't shine. Let me guess after you have completed the game you just restart and do it all again? While I just keep on killing stealing cars etc etc. Getting busted then killing the copper for busting me ae. So you and Arsen can carry on enjoying your pretend tea and crumpets at the cafe on Portland island driving like fags stopping at lights I will continue to kick ass

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:57 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 02 August 2013 - 11:34 AM.

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 11:44)
First I am on a mobile phone. Please do forgive me. 10 years. Your saying people who uses cheats are bad players? No they are not they want to have fun. They deliberately entered cheats so they can have fun and rockstar allows for this.

to state the get busted achievement is stupid. Well you don't have to get it. Just don't get busted that is all. And if you did cheats you would have learnt that one of them is a gore cheat and when using a sniper rifle you can shoot of limbs like arms legs and heads.

so Timmy can't put that tank where the sun don't shine. Let me guess after you have completed the game you just restart and do it all again? While I just keep on killing stealing cars etc etc. Getting busted then killing the copper for busting me ae. So you and Arsen can carry on enjoying your pretend tea and crumpets at the cafe on Portland island driving like fags stopping at lights I will continue to kick ass

Well if they use Cheats to progress through the Storyline or Side Missions because they simply find it hard then yes, I do think that they are bad players because there really is no skill involved if you are manipulating the game into helping you wipe your ass. If they just want to use it to have fun, baring in mind they are capable of completing the game then I see no issue with doing so because as you said, they are programmed for use by Rockstar themselves.

To be honest, if you saw sense, you would see my point about the busted achievement. It's like coming last in a race, not really an achievement is it? The same with cheating, completing the game with assistance is not an achievement.

Every time I play this game I started to fall in the love with the game and the surroundings that was Liberty City. I don't need cheats to enjoy myself, nor do I need achievements, the concept that was not intended in this game. It would ruin the game for many people, including myself and Arsen.

I will happily sit in the cafe on Portland Island enjoying my pretend tea and crumpets with Arsen Vitiuk playing the game it was meant to be played in the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 10:57)
QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 11:44)

Well if they use Cheats to progress through the Storyline or Side Missions because they simply find it hard then yes, I do think that they are bad players because there really is no skill involved if you are manipulating the game into helping you wipe your ass. If they just want to use it to have fun, baring in mind they are capable of completing the game then I see no issue with doing so because as you said, they are programmed for use by Rockstar themselves.

To be honest, if you saw sense, you would see my point about the busted achievement. It's like coming last in a race, not really an achievement[I] is it? The same with cheating, completing the game with assistance is not an achievement.

Every time I play this game I started to fall in the love with the game and the surroundings that was Liberty City. I don't need cheats to enjoy myself, nor do I need achievements, the concept that was not intended in this game. It would ruin the game for many people, including myself and Arsen.

I will happily sit in the cafe on Portland Island enjoying my pretend tea and crumpets with Arsen Vitiuk playing the game it was meant to be played in the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game

I say if you don't want to cheat than don't sometimes the police would be after you in missions where you had done nothing wrong. I didn't often use the health cheat. Also I did use the gore cheat so I could enjoy blood and heads popping off. There are achievements and trophies with some strange tasks. A bit like pressing the start button. Maybe the busted achievement could be seen as for fun. I spent hours trying to get 100% so that I could find out if there was the secret island. We all heard it. Some said it was full of zombies or undead people all the people you previously killed was on that island they say. Also got told there was an extra car a hurst. Not yet seen a coffin car in GTA maybe they need them.

I say let people enjoy the game how they like to enjoy it. So what if I ain't the best or your not. Isn't going to ruin the game because others are better I still enjoyed it. So your comment about questioning my skill and ability for the game is invalid because I enjoy it none the less

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 12:30)
I say if you don't want to cheat than don't sometimes the police would be after you in missions where you had done nothing wrong. I didn't often use the health cheat. Also I did use the gore cheat so I could enjoy blood and heads popping off. There are achievements and trophies with some strange tasks. A bit like pressing the start button. Maybe the busted achievement could be seen as for fun. I spent hours trying to get 100% so that I could find out if there was the secret island. We all heard it. Some said it was full of zombies or undead people all the people you previously killed was on that island they say. Also got told there was an extra car a hurst. Not yet seen a coffin car in GTA maybe they need them.

I say let people enjoy the game how they like to enjoy it. So what if I ain't the best or your not. Isn't going to ruin the game because others are better I still enjoyed it. So your comment about questioning my skill and ability for the game is invalid because I enjoy it none the less

I was never questioning your ability at the game, players who use cheats are not being very skillful at all and because of this they find missions very hard. There was a topic made by this guy, he cheated in his game a lot and as a result started getting stuck on missions such as 'Escort Service' and 'Espresso 2 Go!', this is because he lacked skill he could have picked up earlier in the game.

You can go and enjoy the game with Cheats and Achievements, there are always people like Arsen and I that will dispise in the latter.

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 11:41)

I was never questioning your ability at the game, players who use cheats are not being very skillful at all and because of this they find missions very hard. There was a topic made by this guy, he cheated in his game a lot and as a result started getting stuck on missions such as 'Escort Service' and 'Espresso 2 Go!', this is because he lacked skill he could have picked up earlier in the game.

You can go and enjoy the game with Cheats and Achievements, there are always people like Arsen and I that will dispise in the latter.

Cheating never affected my ability at all. Was still good at the game.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 13:29)

Well, fair enough. Have you completed the game without cheats before, to 100%?

And, back to the point I was making, Cheating/Getting Busted/Getting Wasted isn't really much of an achievement is it? And this is why I believe the topic shouldn't include such suggested achievements

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 13:03)

And, back to the point I was making, Cheating/Getting Busted/Getting Wasted isn't really much of an achievement is it? And this is why I believe the topic shouldn't include such suggested achievements

Have you got 100%? I was yet to. I lost the game it might be around somewhere

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 14:07)

Yes I have, many many times in the past and present, in fact. I also have spent time making Ultimate Starter Saves and collecting almost all Unique Vehicles present in this game. I still play the game weekly, mostly in the Chain Game.

And for that reason, this is why I dislike the suggestion of achievements for the game, because I am used to playing it as it is now

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 13:11)

Yes I have, many many times in the past and present, in fact. I also have spent time making Ultimate Starter Saves and collecting almost all Unique Vehicles present in this game. I still play the game weekly, mostly in the Chain Game.

And for that reason, this is why I dislike the suggestion of achievements for the game, because I am used to playing it as it is now

Achievements do have their pros and cons. You now get discounts and special birthday gifts now. So lets put up the pros and cons from your point of view doing a special edition for the 360

a con for you would be achievements not for me, but you can ignore them.

a pro would be extra content in game and out game maybe extra missions e.g. Donald love comes back or something a bonus DVD online play. Also improved graphics to the game. Real cars. The Germany version had BMW's. I never understood why the character you play never talks. But is still my favourite character of them all

CrazyNinjaAssassin97
  • CrazyNinjaAssassin97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think Trophies would ruin GTA III but here's some anyway.

Well.. This Is New - Play GTA III For The First Time.
Give My Liberty - Unlock All Islands.
It's Like A Minigun - Kill 30 Enimies With The M16.
Burn Baby Burn - Kill 50 Enimies With Either The Flamethrower Or Molotov Cocktails.
Quick Escape - Complete "Last Requests".
No Iceberg Needed - Complete "Bomb The Base Act II".
My Turn To Rise - Complete "Two-Faced Tanner".
Money Talks - Earn $1,000,000.
Ready For Anything - Complete The Story Without Dying.
Seven Year Ownership - Complete The Game 100%.
Say Hello To My Little Friend - Complete All Rampages.
Ghost Warrior - Kill Salvatoure With The Sniper Without Being Spotted.
Pack A Punch - Survive 5 Minutes With A Wanted Level Using Only A Rocket Launcher.
Drug Lord - Find All Hidden Packages.
Ready For Vice City - Learn How To Fly The Dodo.
How'd That Get Here? - Discover Liberty City's Biggest Secret.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 14:25)

Achievements do have their pros and cons. You now get discounts and special birthday gifts now. So lets put up the pros and cons from your point of view doing a special edition for the 360

a pro would be extra content in game and out game maybe extra missions e.g. Donald love comes back or something a bonus DVD online play. Also improved graphics to the game. Real cars. The Germany version had BMW's. I never understood why the character you play never talks. But is still my favourite character of them all

Without bursting your bubble, all of that is pretty much a con to me. There are some games in which Achievements, bonus content etc work. And there are other games where it just doesn't work at all... I'm sure if you had beat the game to 100% as many times as I had you would feel the same way. Look on the first page, all of those who dislike the idea are players with great experience in the game confused.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Intervening in this heated argument, I want to say one thing in self-defense

It is not for the Achievements being what they are that I dislike them. Nor is it for them possibly ruining the game. It is for the nature of some of those achievements that I despise them.

Like, what is the idea of specifically going on a killing spree just to get an Achievement? Or, more precisely, why aiming at getting wasted, being arrested or cheating with no other purpose than to get an Achievement? It just ruins the purpose of the game - and THAT was what I was originally protesting against - just so, I got understood incorrectly, to begin with.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 10:12)

It is not for the Achievements being what they are that I dislike them. Nor is it for them possibly ruining the game. It is for the nature of some of those achievements that I despise them.

Like, what is the idea of specifically going on a killing spree just to get an Achievement? Or, more precisely, why aiming at getting wasted, being arrested or cheating with no other purpose than to get an Achievement? It just ruins the purpose of the game - and THAT was what I was originally protesting against - just so, I got understood incorrectly, to begin with.

I understand what you mean, except how did we misunderstand this:
QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk)
Also, don't take this personal, but even if Rockstar did add the Achievements, which would surely ruin the game and rake away the purpose

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 12:18)

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk)
Also, don't take this personal, but even if Rockstar did add the Achievements, which would surely ruin the game and rake away the purpose

What I meant here is that GTA III was not meant to have achievements. And that is why adding them to this game would ruin its originality. And you understood me correctly here.

But even that is not so infuriating as the sense of some of those senseless achievements posted, to begin with.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 10:22)

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk)

What I meant here is that GTA III was not meant to have achievements. And that is why adding them to this game would ruin its originality. And you understood me correctly here.

But even that is not so infuriating as the sense of some of those senseless achievements posted, to begin with.

I agree, especially on the point I made somewhere around here that Cheating/Busted/Wasted Achievements don't really grant such an 'Achievement' in itself. Some of the achievements suggested I could live with, wouldn't mind but then the topic started to get out of hand with bad suggestions... and then massive paragraphs from me, I never wrote that much in a topic before lol.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 12:38)

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk)

I agree, especially on the point I made somewhere around here that Cheating/Busted/Wasted Achievements don't really grant such an 'Achievement' in itself. Some of the achievements suggested I could live with, wouldn't mind but then the topic started to get out of hand with bad suggestions... and then massive paragraphs from me, I never wrote that much in a topic before lol.gif

Makes a good staging ground for your writing talents, it seems wink.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 10:46)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 12:38)

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk)

Makes a good staging ground for your writing talents, it seems wink.gif

Maybe I should head over to the Debates and Discussion forum more often?
No, I find it hard to write loads on certain subjects.
GTA III, however, I can write pages on blush.gif

Zwicelozkie
  • Zwicelozkie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 08:52)
QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 14:25)

Without bursting your bubble, all of that is pretty much a con to me. There are some games in which Achievements, bonus content etc work. And there are other games where it just doesn't work at all... I'm sure if you had beat the game to 100% as many times as I had you would feel the same way. Look on the first page, all of those who dislike the idea are players with great experience in the game confused.gif

A re release with bonus content improved graphics online playing bonus mission a bonus dvd is a con to you? Did you go to idiot school? Oh no gta 3 got re released on the 360 with bonus material and online play. Oh how will I sleep the game is now sh*t. Your response was like as if Rockstar was going to put a gun to your head a force you to make use of all the bonus materials in game and out of the game.

and if I had still had 100% I would still want to have the achievements. If you don't like some achievements just ignore them. I say we go back onto topic unless you boys have got achievement ideas then I suggests that you don't post on this topic I want to read achievement ideas not people bitching about how crap they are.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 11:18)
A re release with bonus content improved graphics online playing bonus mission a bonus dvd is a con to you? Did you go to idiot school? Oh no gta 3 got re released on the 360 with bonus material and online play. Oh how will I sleep the game is now sh*t. Your response was like as if Rockstar was going to put a gun to your head a force you to make use of all the bonus materials in game and out of the game.

and if I had still had 100% I would still want to have the achievements. If you don't like some achievements just ignore them. I say we go back onto topic unless you boys have got achievement ideas then I suggests that you don't post on this topic I want to read achievement ideas not people bitching about how crap they are.

You just don't get it do you? Questioning my education will not get you anywhere, so shut the f*ck up and start posting achievements if you want to get back on topic.

You seriously, judging by your posts are too desperate for a 360 version, well guess what, there is a very low chance that it would include new content. That would cost Rockstar in the first place, to remake what a perfect game they have already. And who cares about graphics? You people are also who I dislike, Graphics lovers.

You sir, are a waste of space and a waste of my time. You curse too much and try to question my ability on a game I have played and completed more than you. Go beat the game and come back then sarcasm.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 03 August 2013 - 12:20 PM.

QUOTE (Zwicelozkie @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 13:18)

For me it is a con - considering that I have felt the game through and it is my most favorite GTA, and taking into account the fact that making alterations and/or additions to something that is just about to have become a classic is, quite frankly, insulting at the very least. And, although I pray it does not happen, if there happens to be such a release with the features you described, I will curse Rockstar for what they are and throw their games away in disdain, leaving only those games - GTAs and otherwise - or single versions of specific games - that were released before their 'corruption' and 'downfall'.

And yes I do admit that I am a bitching badass bastard complaining about what seems to be an insignificant difference for the kind of you. But there are also many thing you care about that I wouldn't five a damn - pretty fair, I think. So at least you could reason with me and see sense in my criticism before jumping to conclusions.

And don't think that questioning our intellectual level will put you higher than us. Believe me, in this situation you are the same level as I am. So don't you think that you can get a preference by trying to dis my or GTAKid667's opinions or education level.

This will be my next last post in the topic, I believe, unless meddling on someone other's behalf will draw me here again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users