does cheating once affect 100%

7 replies to this topic
drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

Will using the tank cheat once stop me getting 100% in gta 3 on ps2?

I cannot do the sayanora salvatore mission confused.gif so I wanna get all ruthless on him by using the tank, but I also NEED 100% so will cheating just once stop this?

I will not be cheating after that

Thanks in advance

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Cheating will not effect your percentage. Go ahead and cheat all you want.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

As far as I know, the ONLY cheat that will make it extremely difficult to finish the game is the "Peds Riot/Peds attack each other: cheat, by making certain missions near impossible to pass...This goes for all GTA games...other than that, there are no known cheats that will affect 100%..HTH

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 22:16)
As far as I know, the ONLY cheat that will make it extremely difficult to finish the game is the "Peds Riot/Peds attack each other: cheat, by making certain missions near impossible to pass...This goes for all GTA games...other than that, there are no known cheats that will affect 100%..HTH

Thanks guys,

I actually passed the mission by a simple but effective method. I placed a firetruck & 3 other cars so that they blocked the entrance to the driveway of his mansion, then blew the lot up with an M16 when the convoy come to that point, he didn't last long :-D

I actually messed up an old file years ago by using that peds riot cheat, I could get to the last mission but the 2 guys with Maria start shooting her as soon as you get close to them suicidal.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

You could just simply kill him by getting on the roof across from the Club (Woody's Topless Bar, where the trap car in the Last Requests was), and then shooting him with the sniper rifle when he exits the alleyway.

P.S. You'll alos get a larger reward this way:
1. If you alert Salvatore of your presence, you'll receive only $ 25.000
2. However, if you take him out stealthily, you'll receive $ 30.000

On-Topic: NONE of the cheats prevent you from getting 100%, so go ahead and cheat, if you don't have an issue with it. icon14.gif

Good luck getting 100% BTW, and it is a pleasure that you managed not to use cheats! cookie.gif for that!

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

You can snipe him from the sidewalk as long as you don't go too far up the incline. The convoy totally ignores you as they drive past provided you are not in the club's immediate vicinity. I prefer to do it that way instead of using the rooftop...snipe, get in vehicle, zip away. Tho sometimes it's fun to chase him around, too.

I think the OP was after something a little more "epic" than using a sniper rifle, tho wink.gif The cash difference is no biggie...since you get waaay more money than you'll need in the game anyway.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

I just gave him an advice, eh? Let HIM decide waht will he need.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 09:01)
You could just simply kill him by getting on the roof across from the Club (Woody's Topless Bar, where the trap car in the Last Requests was), and then shooting him with the sniper rifle when he exits the alleyway.

P.S. You'll alos get a larger reward this way:
1. If you alert Salvatore of your presence, you'll receive only $ 25.000
2. However, if you take him out stealthily, you'll receive $ 30.000

On-Topic: NONE of the cheats prevent you from getting 100%, so go ahead and cheat, if you don't have an issue with it. icon14.gif

Good luck getting 100% BTW, and it is a pleasure that you managed not to use cheats! cookie.gif for that!

I actually managed to kill him in a fun way (see my post above urs) I could not snipe him

Thanks for the support & the cookie.gif

I still haven't cheated, in the old days when I 1st got the GTA's I would always cheat, so now am going through them all 1by1 without cheating :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users