Photo

Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by Danz., 11 June 2014 - 04:22 PM.

What's it called the meme where there's a guy who raises his arm to ask something, but then gives up?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 June 2014 - 07:22 PM.

so why doesn't the SEARCH feature work on all the sections of the forum?
Seems mean to chastise a Member for not using it when it doesn't work...

[Edit]: It shouldn't show on the main boards if it isn't available.
It seems to only be available inside a topic, which won't help a person to avoid making a new topic duplicate.
  • Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 11 June 2014 - 06:31 PM.

What's it called the meme where there's a guy who raises his arm to ask something, but then gives up?

http://knowyourmeme....emes/cereal-guy

trying to find the other one now...

http://global3.memec...g_c_1017510.jpg  is that what you mean? I tried searching for "speechless guy meme" but that is apparently not the name.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

so why doesn't the SEARCH feature work on all the sections of the forum?
Seems mean to chastise a Member for not using it when it doesn't work...

Because it's a bad search feature. Google works really well for searching forums where threads are public, I really wish more people would reccomend it when others have trouble with the site's search feature. :/

• Danz. and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I think he means "why not use it if you already have it". I don't know either, I've never had a car of my own but if I did I think I'd love a sunroof. It's the same as having the windows open, I like it and it can be very nice but no one else I ever drive with likes that either. >.<

I agree. If I had a sunroof, I'd be fine leaving it like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

It just looks so open.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:42 PM Edited by Danz., 11 June 2014 - 11:59 PM.

http://global3.memec...g_c_1017510.jpg  is that what you mean? I tried searching for "speechless guy meme" but that is apparently not the name.

Nevermind, I found it out.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

How do I shrink gifs so they fit as signatures and/or avatars? :( I want to actually learn how to, not have someone else do it for me. 

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

How do I shrink gifs so they fit as signatures and/or avatars? :( I want to actually learn how to, not have someone else do it for me. 

You'll need a program that can edit gifs, I personally use Animation Shop 3, it's quite old school looking, but within it you do have the option to compress the gif, which

usually make it look a little grainy, you can resize the whole animation as in dimensions, or depending on how many frames you have you could also try cutting out every 2nd, 3rd or 4th frame, which can potentially make it look a little choppy but it can reduce the size big time.

Once you have the software you need it's quite straightforward, but if you help with the program one you have it then just give us a shout.

• EphemeralStar likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Gimp is also popular and free. That's what I use for gifs. Might take some tinkering to get the hang of it at first though. 

There are also websites that can resize gifs for you as well. I've had this one in my bookmarks for a while now.

• EphemeralStar likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

In preparation of GTA V, I want to build a gaming PC. Where should I start, and what all do I need to build one from scratch?

Winning001
  • Winning001

Essential NPC

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by Winning001, 12 June 2014 - 03:24 AM.

In preparation of GTA V, I want to build a gaming PC. Where should I start, and what all do I need to build one from scratch?

Really good processor

a really good graphics card

I'd probably start searching AMD's site or some of their competitors

you'll want something with 8GB of RAM or more. but 4 should do if you cannot upgrade it

OPTIONAL

Run Solid state drives if you can (pricey)

or a 1TB or more HDD

computer Speakers- dont worry too much- just get an external speaker and plug in

Internet connection- for online

a good router that can support a lot of devices

or run Ethernet <- the best

OS- Windows 7 (Windows 8 is a downgrade)

Liteskeen Facebutt
  • Liteskeen Facebutt

Attitude like Bart Simpson, mind like Satan

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

How do I sync two albums on my iPod without deleting all my other ones. First off, I placed a sh*tload of albums on my iPod sometime ago. Recently, I rebooted my computer and it deleted everything on it's hard drive. Downloaded iTunes again, and downloaded two album torrents. Dragged them on iTunes, and when I try to sync, it comes up with a message saying that if I accept to sync, it'll delete all my info and apps on my iPod.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

I think he means "why not use it if you already have it". I don't know either, I've never had a car of my own but if I did I think I'd love a sunroof. It's the same as having the windows open, I like it and it can be very nice but no one else I ever drive with likes that either. >.<

Oh. Well, some people think using it too much can cause leaks in the roof. My uncle is an example of that.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

You can also refer to this topic for a full discussion on the subject.

NoSignal666
  • NoSignal666

A Nice Guy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone know why whenever someone posts a video here on the forum, it just shows a black box for me.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Essential NPC

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Does anyone know why whenever someone posts a video here on the forum, it just shows a black box for me.

what device & Internet browser are you using?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 12 June 2014 - 03:47 PM.

I have bad vision in my right eye and basically perfect vision in my left eye and the defect I have is apparently genetic. I forgot what the name of the condition was.

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true? She said that the difference between the eyes would be too confusing for the brain. Also, will my vision in my left eye get worse if they put in a weaker lens? From what I've been told (and the Internet seems to confirm this), the defect I have can't be corrected anymore (perhaps only slightly) so is it really worth wearing glasses then? Or will my vision get worse if I don't wear any?

To tell you the truth I kinda hate glasses and I see quite well right now without them since the vision in my left eye is great.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true?

Every single pair of glasses I've had in the past 18 years has had a 'blank' lens for my left eye.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

This is more just a question of curiosity, I'm not planning on doing this.

What would be a reasonable price for a PC that could play GTA V to an average standard? I'm talking about just buying one, not purchasing different parts separately and then building it. Although I'm also wondering how much that would cost as well, like how much would you save if it was basically the same PC but instead of buying it you just built it yourself?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true?

Ophthalmologist or Optometrist. Eye Doctor doesn't tell much.
I have run into Optometrists who are more interested in selling than treating.
Then again you can visit an Optometrist who will make anything You want.
Are you dealing with the Prescription writer or filler?
Get the prescription and take it to another dealer to fill.

NoSignal666
  • NoSignal666

A Nice Guy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Google Chrome :/ 

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 12 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Every single pair of glasses I've had in the past 18 years has had a 'blank' lens for my left eye.

Assuming the measuring method is the same across the world, the lens she recommended had a strength of 0.75 (I saw a little better with a 1.25, but to be honest none of them provided that much of an improvement). They said that the difference between the two eyes would be too big and therefore too confusing for the brain with no lens on the left side. Maybe your glasses were weaker and the difference between your eyes isn't so big? I don't know.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

I have bad vision in my right eye and basically perfect vision in my left eye and the defect I have is apparently genetic. I forgot what the name of the condition was.

My question is this: the doctor said that they can't put a "blank" lens on the glasses for my left eye and the required lens for my right eye. Is this really true? She said that the difference between the eyes would be too confusing for the brain. Also, will my vision in my left eye get worse if they put in a weaker lens? From what I've been told (and the Internet seems to confirm this), the defect I have can't be corrected anymore (perhaps only slightly) so is it really worth wearing glasses then? Or will my vision get worse if I don't wear any?

To tell you the truth I kinda hate glasses and I see quite well right now without them since the vision in my left eye is great.

If the doctor said so then it's probably true. Sure asking questions online can help but there seems to be a trend here of people going to a gaming forum to question medical professionals. Just ask them why and they'll explain it to you. As far as I know, not wearing glasses won't worsen your condition. My opticians have never mentioned anything of the sorts, they've always said that age is the only thing that will determine where your vision will "level out", and that won't happen until you're in your mid 20's.

This is more just a question of curiosity, I'm not planning on doing this.

What would be a reasonable price for a PC that could play GTA V to an average standard? I'm talking about just buying one, not purchasing different parts separately and then building it. Although I'm also wondering how much that would cost as well, like how much would you save if it was basically the same PC but instead of buying it you just built it yourself?

You're from the UK are you not? Buying one pre-built I'd say (the requirements haven't been released yet have they?) you'd need ~£600 for something that'll run today's games decently. Building yourself, hmm... I haven't done any comparisons but you could probably save a few tenners.
  • stu likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Essential NPC

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Google Chrome :/

try disabling extensions that you do not need

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

I would also make sure your flash player is up to date.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Why the hell am I breaking out in acne after this sunburn?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

Why the hell am I breaking out in acne after this sunburn?

They might represent milia due to the skin healing over the pores you will have to have a doctor look at them to be sure

• universetwisters likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users