Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

On a different note from all of this petty negativity, what is the best camera to use for car spotting? All I use is my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it isn't that good. Any help, please?

Price range?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

On a different note from all of this petty negativity, what is the best camera to use for car spotting? All I use is my Samsung Galaxy S4 and it isn't that good. Any help, please?

Price range?
Anything under 400 bucks.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

TOP GUN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

Was Team Fortress 2 ever sold for Xbox 360/PS3 as a lone copy? Besides the Orange Box..

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

I dont belive so. If it was it would have been a digital download only.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Was Team Fortress 2 ever sold for Xbox 360/PS3 as a lone copy? Besides the Orange Box..

Nope, only with the orange box - this goes for portal and half life 2 as well.

But the orange box is so cheap it doesn't matter. I find it awesome there were still people playing a few months ago, considering it's never been updated. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Should I buy the Sony DSLR A330 for car spotting? I found a used one for $220.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Why are you reading this? Still reading? Just go already.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

I need to lose a little weight so I can fit in my old suit for a wedding in two weeks. Any advice?

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Worst Sparkly Unicorn

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

How much is a little weight? Two weeks is a short time, so I doubt you'll be able to do it in any healthy way.

Regardless, cut calories by a good chunk and do some high-intensity exercise that will get your heart going, and do a lot of it. Go running or maybe do some of those intense workout videos. And drink a lot of water to suppress hunger and keep your body hydrated. But don't starve yourself please. 

Otherwise, accept that you have a glorious muffin top and strut that sh*t with pride. 

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Why are you reading this? Still reading? Just go already.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the advice. By a little I mean the suit is kinda tight and I just wanna get it to fit right by losing a kg or 2

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Why do people claim that Weight lifting is a way to lose weight?
Most quick weight loss from 'exercise' is the water sweated out, which is just as quickly replaced when a drink is taken.
Trading muscle for fat isn't weight loss it's conversion.
The way to 'quick' weight loss is to reduce the calories so that the body will have to burn fat. Like eating the 'Banquet' 88¢US meals instead of steak and potato regular food fest.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Why do people claim that Weight lifting is a way to lose weight?
Most quick weight loss from 'exercise' is the water sweated out, which is just as quickly replaced when a drink is taken.
Trading muscle for fat isn't weight loss it's conversion.
The way to 'quick' weight loss is to reduce the calories so that the body will have to burn fat. Like eating the 'Banquet' 88¢US meals instead of steak and potato regular food fest.

Weight lifting burns calories as well, just not a ton. And it's probably safer to lift weights and do cardio/eat well if you want to maintain a healthy physique. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

The concept is threefold.

First of all, when people are talking about "losing weight", unless they've been oppressed by the media and literally aim to reach a low number for some godawful reason, they're really just talking about losing fat.

Secondly, any good exercise program involves at least a hint of cardio, which'll burn a decent amount of fat if done regularly and in tandem with a healthy diet.

And finally, the theory goes, muscles actually burn calories even when you're sitting down at your day job. Just to maintain themselves. So, literally, more mulscles = more calories burned per activity.

Of course, calories in/calories out should never be taken any more seriously than just heuristically - it's an inaccurate reflection of the processes our bodies go through but it's a handy measure of activity vs diet. If anyone wants to truly lose weight quickly - and this isn't to say it's easy, sustainable, or healthy - the Low Carb Diet, championed by dudes like Tim Ferris, is freakin' amazing. It was for me, anyhow.

• lil weasel likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

TOP GUN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

How does one go about playing 'legally obtained' ROMs on a PS2 slim through a flash drive?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

One probably seeks a website that specializes in such info and pretends he never asked it here.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

When you go to join the army, is there any way you can chose or increase your chances of joining the 82nd Airborne?

If I ever have to enlist, I want to have the same experience my Dad did, right down to the division.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Why not contact them direct at Fort Bragg: http://www.bragg.arm...es/default.aspx

I noticed that the First item on their Important Information list is "Suicide Prevention", that kind of tells you where their at... :panic:

• OG Viking and universetwisters like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Why not contact them direct at Fort Bragg: http://www.bragg.arm...es/default.aspx

I noticed that the First item on their Important Information list is "Suicide Prevention", that kind of tells you where their at... :panic:

What a coincidence  :ph34r:

Just by watching a documentary on them, you have to go through infantry training and then you go to airborne training. And even then, they might not even put you in the 82nd. They might just stick you in the 101st or 501st in Alaska.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

I need to lose a little weight so I can fit in my old suit for a wedding in two weeks. Any advice?

I wrestled through most of my school years.  Losing 10 lbs in order to make weight in a few days was nothing.  Non of the methods would be recommend by any real health professionals but I'm sure you can find a PIAA wrestlers blog or something with the tips.  It would be a long ass post if I were to list out my old methods.  

Search stuff like jogging in a silver suit/trash bags.

mFj3wb21R1jQL31PBVAAbRg.jpg

No empty calories.  If you plan on exercising it away(silver suit stuff) then I recommend carbs and only carbs...but in reason of course.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

How much money does one person need to spend per year?

This includes gas, electricity and water bills.

Groceries.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

mFj3wb21R1jQL31PBVAAbRg.jpg

No empty calories.  If you plan on exercising it away(silver suit stuff) then I recommend carbs and only carbs...but in reason of course.

I recommend the exact opposite, really, and dear god Martin Lawrence almost died doing the rotisserie chicken outfit thing. Seriously.

Do this:

http://www.fourhourw...g-any-exercise/

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Augh, the silver suit is phoney weight loss that I mentioned above. It is a 'Sweat Suit' the water weight you lose using it (trash bags or Cling Wrap will do as well) is regained as soon as you refresh yourself.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Is anti-abortion violence a thing of the past? I know their is still protesting out there but I havent really heard too much about firebombing of clinics, physical attacks on doctors etc. Like you as in the 80s

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

There's three people out on a lake on a rowboat. Two of them are male, one is female. The lake is foggy, and there's a sinister mood in the air. One of them dies, or if not there's a threat of death present.

Anyone know where that scene comes from? I've seen it referenced a few times, but I don't know where it came from, and I've tried googling it but all that turns up is paintings of lakes and boats.

Groceries.

That depends on a lot of things. Where you live (It even changes from house to house), how often you drive, what you drive, how much and what you eat, etc. Look at utility prices in your area, go shopping with family and see how much everything they buy costs, and think about the car you want to drive, and then just figure out how much you'd be spending in a month and multiply that by twelve.  :monocle:

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Joe Chip - thinking of Winter's Bone, perhaps?

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Is the forum IRC not working anymore?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by lil weasel, 30 March 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Groceries.

Roughly:

1000$US per month for housing.

300$US per quarter water.

100$US per month (minimum) Power

Now food, that depends on what you eat and how often...

1$US up per meal, simple maths what you eat per day times 365. (1,000$US up per year)

So roughly 3,000$ to 6,000$ per year.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

1$ per meal but 1000$/month for housing?

What twisted economical landscape do you live in, my friend? :p

Or by "up" are you implying the sky's the limit? I haven't left my chair all day and I think I've already spent 239 dollars in food.  Oh, Canada.

• *MURDOC* likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by gtamann123, 30 March 2014 - 09:47 PM.

Groceries.

Roughly:

1000$US per month for housing.

300$US per quarter water.

100$US per month (minimum) Power

Now food, that depends on what you eat and how often...

1$US up per meal, simple maths what you eat per day times 365. (1,000$US up per year)

So roughly 3,000$ to 6,000$ per year.

What about $12k a year for rent? 

1$ per meal but 1000$/month for housing?

What twisted economical landscape do you live in, my friend?

I would say that's about average to rent an apartment in the US. Of course f you live in NYC or San Fran. It would be almost twice that for average. But that's countered by areas in the south where you can rent apartments for like $600 per month. My rent is $835 for a two bedroom but its in the midwest. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

I was more taking issue with the food assessment. I spent a metric f*ck ton on food.

But here's a better indicator, I think - the poverty line in the contiguous US is roughly 12000 based on a single person living alone.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

I was more taking issue with the food assessment. I spent a metric f*ck ton on food.

But here's a better indicator, I think - the poverty line in the contiguous US is roughly 12000 based on a single person living alone.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

The poverty line really isn't reliable if you ask me. Relative poverty changes from state to state and city to city. I guess Jc could have been more clear as to what state  and city he is talking about. Minimum cost to live is different in New York than in Birmingham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users