Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:42 AM Edited by gtamann123, 23 February 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Can you guys please take this quiz and report back?
http://en.sommer-som.../?data=NTMsNDc=
Thanks.

I got perfect 50/50 is that bad?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

72% left, but I was under the impression that this Pseudoscience was discredited as regards this test.

What "pseudoscience"? The two brain halves are wired to handle different kinds of thinking, even if a 2-minute test on the internet might be a bit half reliable in showing exactly what yours do.

As an example:

http://psychology.ab...right-brain.htm

So Why Do People Still Talk About Right-Brain, Left-Brain Theory?

Researchers have demonstrated that right-brain/left-brain theory is a myth, yet its popularity persists. Why? Unfortunately many people are likely unaware that the theory is outdated. Today, students might continue to learn about the theory as a point of historical interest - to understand how our ideas about how the brain works have evolved and changed over time as researchers have learned more about how the brain operates. 

While over-generalized and overstated by popular psychology and self-help texts, understanding your strengths and weaknesses in certain areas can help you develop better ways to learn and study. For example, students who have a difficult time following verbal instructions (often cited as a right-brain characteristic) might benefit from writing down directions and developing better organizational skills. The important thing to remember if you take one of the many left brain/right brain quizzes that you will likely encounter online is that they are entirely for fun and you shouldn't place much stock in your results.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Thanks.

For this I got 86% right brain

Thanks.

brain_orientation_test_IAMGAY.jpg

Had to take it a second time, and I got different results. This one was when I started out sitting like a normal person and thinking about the results. On the other test, where my legs were already crossed and I wasn't paying attention to the color test, I got about the same percentages, but reversed. Seems like unfocused testing should get the opposite result, but I dunno, maybe it's all bullsh*t.

Here's a similar, more abstract test you might enjoy. :)

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

For this I got:

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

Kind of fun tests I suppose.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Often concerned with right and wrong, and punctilious in expressing it, you are best represented by the Customs Agent or the IRS inspector. Initially seen by others as cold or uncaring, you are difficult for those more spontaneous members of society to understand. You are extremely stable, responsible and dependable. You manifest an amazing ability to concentrate on the issue at hand, and are difficult to distract from issues that are important. You manifest a great sense of loyalty to your employers and your government. You tend to show love through a display of committed works, believing that actions speak louder than words. You are also resistant to change and tend to believe that the old ways are best. If a behavior has been successful in the past, why would anyone want to change? You work best in a controlled environment.

...what. 

• JIMHO likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Often concerned with right and wrong, and punctilious in expressing it, you are best represented by the Customs Agent or the IRS inspector. Initially seen by others as cold or uncaring, you are difficult for those more spontaneous members of society to understand. You are extremely stable, responsible and dependable. You manifest an amazing ability to concentrate on the issue at hand, and are difficult to distract from issues that are important. You manifest a great sense of loyalty to your employers and your government. You tend to show love through a display of committed works, believing that actions speak louder than words. You are also resistant to change and tend to believe that the old ways are best. If a behavior has been successful in the past, why would anyone want to change? You work best in a controlled environment.

...what. 

Yeah I really don't think the test explains me at all either, really. I guess there's some exception, but it's kind of like a star sign reading in that it can apply to anyone.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

Said I was more right sided, but used both sides pretty equally. Then on that other really weird test mine said:
You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

How accurate would you say that is?

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

...what. 

Yeah I really don't think the test explains me at all either, really. I guess there's some exception, but it's kind of like a star sign reading in that it can apply to anyone.

Some of it isn't completely inaccurate. But IRS/Customs Officer, really?

• JIMHO likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

90% accurate, but I mean... after half way I didn't care and was pressing random answers. :>

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, theadmiral and JIMHO like this

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Said I was more right sided, but used both sides pretty equally. Then on that other really weird test mine said:
You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

Next stop, the Twilight Zone.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I got 50/50, more than likely it's all bs.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 23 February 2014 - 01:40 PM.

...what. 

Some of it isn't completely inaccurate. But IRS/Customs Officer, really?

7631555866_69b24c38f7.jpg

90% accurate, but I mean... after half way I didn't care and was pressing random answers. :>

Yeah, but if the test works at all, the function of it is based on what picture you prefer. Even subconsciously you'd be picking the shapes that you preferred.

• Frank Brown and EphemeralStar like this

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

http://www.asos.com/...rt=-1&clr=Black

When you put the flap over the bag, there is still a little gap on the two sides. Do you think rain can get into it?

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

When you put the flap over the bag, there is still a little gap on the two sides. Do you think rain can get into it?

Yes. What a stupid design!

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yes. What a stupid design!

Irl, the hole is actually pretty big, guess I'll wait till summer to use it!

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

A little birdie told me that my badass pip is only temporary.

Is this true?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

A little birdie told me that my badass pip is only temporary.

Is this true?

Yes, it will be gone in 2 weeks.

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

Not coo'.

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

I know right?

the sunglasses on the Brony match the shades on your Elvis.

it really brings out the most flaming qualities of your homoeroticism :^:

• The Leviathan and Linc. like this

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

Plus I think all the people who have the Special Member pips truly deserve them, you know?

Just my opinion.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

As much as you fellas deserve them, they're not for keeps.

M4sn1Ux.gif

• The Leviathan likes this

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
    Best Writer 2012

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

It's just not even Christian.

Since we are "Special Members," I feel like we have earned the right to govern our own destiny. Can't the big wigs of GTAForums give us the chance to be legit? A second chance is almost always a good thing, if you think about it. I mean, THE PEOPLE think we are special... they voted for us after all. So why not give us the chance?

We can be legit like Z and them Yardie hooligans. And The Precinct, if they're lucky.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

The spell checker on Firefox doesn't work anymore on GTAF (it works fine on Facebook). What to do?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Switch to Chrome, as you're supposed to.

• trip likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

The spell checker on Firefox doesn't work anymore on GTAF (it works fine on Facebook). What to do?

Your English is perfect, You don´t need a spell checker.

Works for me on FF.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Works for me on FF.

His spelling is OK, but his grammar is imperfect. Shouldn't his period be inside the parentheses? I'm not even going to comment on, "What to do?"

The spell checker on Firefox doesn't work anymore on GTAF. (It works fine on Facebook.)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

No, his is closer to conventional use of English.
  • JIMHO likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 24 February 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Switch to Chrome, as you're supposed to.

I use Chrome to check email but that's about it. Firefox works better on my current PC and I don't really like the oversimplified interface on Chrome.

Works for me on FF.

I have a tendency to misspell words that I don't use very often and I'm not always able to spot mistakes manually.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

No, his is closer to conventional use of English.

I dunno. Grammar Girl and APA-Style Nazis would probably throw a fit.

"It works fine on Facebook" is its own sentence.

http://blog.apastyle...arentheses.html

http://www.quickandd...and-parentheses

Anyway, it doesn't bother me if you do not know what to do, like a fluffy kitten and a sparkly toy.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Most people on this board have a tenuous grasp of the English language.
  • The Leviathan and JIMHO like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users