• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

I have a question, which section of the forum is the best place to go to have longwinded debates about societal issues?

• DeafMetal and Frank Brown like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

You failed to address what I said. What you, I, or anyone in this thread would do doesn't count as proper research.

I'm not asking about proper research. I'm asking you a question about what would you do. But, if you want to continue this, we'll take it over to the D&D forum. You can get the last word here if you'd like.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:25 AM Edited by F4L?, 22 January 2014 - 02:27 AM.

Then if somebody is going to buy heroin every day or something like that, the pharmacies can pick up on it, notify authorities and put them into forced rehab or something similar and help them. 

That seems counter-productive, doesn't it?

"Heroin is legal!"

Someone buys Heroin a few days in a row.

"ARREST HIM. HE'S AN ADDICT. FORCE HIM INTO REHAB!"

It was an example, it doesn't have to be a few days in a row, it could be over a period of months or something similar, and by rehab I mean it could be something like a seminar you're forced to visit every few months or your license to buy drugs is revoked which talks about drugs and then you have a one on one with someone who asks you about your habits, this can be used to gather statistics and to help the person and have them realize they might have a problem. The perhaps mandatory rehab can be the next step after that some months afterwards if it looks as though this person is struggling with a drug addiction based on purchase history.

I don't think it is counter-productive though, regulation of these things is a good idea because it can actually decrease the number of addicts, the last thing they want to happen is to lift prohibition and drug use and addiction increases.

Besides, there is no way a country like the US is going to outright legalize everything, this could be a nice, justified way of doing it that will impress the people enough perhaps to allow it to pass.
------------

Also unrelated, I'm on 256kb/s internet right now, perhaps slower, so nothing is really loading, google is especially slow, does anyone have some good tips for cleaning a microwave? What chemicals might be suitable? I'm steaming it with water now to soften the grit, but what else?

• Frank Brown likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

------------

Also unrelated, I'm on 256kb/s internet right now, perhaps slower, so nothing is really loading, google is especially slow, does anyone have some good tips for cleaning a microwave? What chemicals might be suitable? I'm steaming it with water now to soften the grit, but what else?

White vinegar and hot water for cleaning any kitchen surface.

• Finn 7 five 11 and JIMHO like this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

"Heroin is legal!"

That's kind of what we do with alcohol, and it works better than the alternatives. Total prohibition and total deregulation both have shown to be terrible options. If you have a fourth option in mind, feel free to share it. Otherwise, we have to go with that, however silly it sounds.
  • Finn 7 five 11 and DeafMetal like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

------------

White vinegar and hot water for cleaning any kitchen surface.

Thanks! I'll do that next time, that's what I was going try. I should explain i'm house sitting for a couple days out in the bush, I looked around, no vinegar, I did find some baking soda just now though, and conveniently enough It had instructions on the back saying to put some in a bowl of water and microwave it, then wipe down the microwave.

Alright, my next question is: I wanna know, Who the f*ck is the funny guy who made my URL this...? 
http://gtaforums.com...401-zfann4lafl/
Zfann4lafl, really? You think that's funny? You that's funny? Yeah what's funny is when I come murder your family.

Alright, It is a little funny, who was it haha? I'm curious who the comedian here is.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

"Heroin is legal!"

That's kind of what we do with alcohol, and it works better than the alternatives. Total prohibition and total deregulation both have shown to be terrible options. If you have a fourth option in mind, feel free to share it. Otherwise, we have to go with that, however silly it sounds.

I've decided to open a topic in D&D because I feel bad derailing the thread. If anyone wants to continue, please feel free to come down there.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

How much do Real Dolls cost?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

How do Domain registrars work, exactly? How do they go about saying "example.com now exists and has been purchased by John Doe!" Would buying through, for example, GoDaddy make them the real owner, like buying a house from a bank via loans? If so, then how do large companies do that sort of thing? Cause I doubt Microsoft would appreciate a smaller company owning their websites.

I've been looking it up but it's all really convoluted.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

You failed to address what I said. What you, I, or anyone in this thread would do doesn't count as proper research.

If you want 'proper' research, you get a pile of money and visit your local University. Tell them the results you want, and let them do the work. :^: You don't go to a forum (home of 50% preteens) and post a query and expect the world's best researchers to reply.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by Linc., 22 January 2014 - 11:30 AM.

If you want 'proper' research, you get a pile of money and visit your local University. Tell them the results you want, and let them do the work. :^: You don't go to a forum (home of 50% preteens) and post a query and expect the world's best researchers to reply.
Going to a university is a very inefficient way of having questions answered

If everyone went to university to be enlightened we'd all be poor and there would be no point of this thread.
  • DeafMetal likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Going to a university is a very inefficient way of having questions answered
If everyone went to university to be enlightened we'd all be poor and there would be no point of this thread.

Pretty funny, that... You 'HIRE' them, not you attend. :)

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Going to a university is a very inefficient way of having questions answeredIf everyone went to university to be enlightened we'd all be poor and there would be no point of this thread.

Pretty funny, that... You 'HIRE' them, not you attend. :)

Going to a university

i.e. To have your questions answered.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

How do Domain registrars work, exactly? How do they go about saying "example.com now exists and has been purchased by John Doe!" Would buying through, for example, GoDaddy make them the real owner, like buying a house from a bank via loans? If so, then how do large companies do that sort of thing? Cause I doubt Microsoft would appreciate a smaller company owning their websites.

I've been looking it up but it's all really convoluted.

Basically registrars buy the domain space from the national-level top-level-domain provider and sell it on to customers. They're a bit like an independent car dealership in that they may have arrangements with various brands but they largely manage their own inventory for sale. They tend to also offer their own hosting too. Godaddy is a perfect example.

There are companies like Moniker, Claranet and CSC who do managed services but these tend to work mainly with big blue-chip providers, buying up all the domain real estate for their clients and doing things like reputation management too- they're the kinds of people who stop people buying up domains with other companies' trade marks. They're more like a luxury chauffer provider in that all the hard work is taken care of by them.

You can buy domains directly from the TLD provider- so Nominet in the UK but then you need your own hosting etc. They're like the main dealers.
  • DeafMetal likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Is someone born with the destiny to fulfill prophecy, or do they fulfill a prophecy only by completing certain actions?  

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Neither because the concept of prophecy is usually retrospective. A prophet is seldom if ever a prophet in their own lifetime, and many of the prophecies they will have been said to have completed will either be altered retroactively, or be invented after the fact.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

This is a serious question, even though it doesn't seem like that.

When I do my homework (on pc), lazy people usually want me to send them my homework so that they can send it to the teacher. They're to lazy to do it themselves Lately, I've been taking payment for doing it. 

Then there is this guy who doesn't want to give me the money that he owe me. He was supposed to give it yesterday, but he forgot to bring the money to the school, and he also forgot it today, I'm starting to think that he'll never give me the money. He also told me "You can't make me give you the money".

Here is the question: Should I whip him with my belt tomorrow so that he understands that I'm serious or should I wait to he gives me the money?

Keep in mind that he's not black, so people will probably not cry if I whip him.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Neither because the concept of prophecy is usually retrospective. A prophet is seldom if ever a prophet in their own lifetime, and many of the prophecies they will have been said to have completed will either be altered retroactively, or be invented after the fact.

Awesome use of future perfect progressive there, sivi.

Destiny, on the other hand, is just good sense. We don't want dynamics to be ill-conditioned, after all.

Here is the question: Should I whip him with my belt tomorrow so that he understands that I'm serious or should I wait to he gives me the money?

Sure. Adding assault and extortion to fraud and plagiarism you've already committed sounds like an excellent idea. In for a penny, in for a pound. If you're going to get yourself thrown out of school, at least it will be for something worthwhile.
  • sivispacem and stu like this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Weird question but could someone post a link to Tank's profile (The big boss of this forums)?

Spoiler

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

When I do my homework (on pc), lazy people usually want me to send them my homework so that they can send it to the teacher. They're to lazy to do it themselves Lately, I've been taking payment for doing it. 

Then there is this guy who doesn't want to give me the money that he owe me. He was supposed to give it yesterday, but he forgot to bring the money to the school, and he also forgot it today, I'm starting to think that he'll never give me the money. He also told me "You can't make me give you the money".

Keep in mind that he's not black, so people will probably not cry if I whip him.

I see a few holes in your story; the notion that people in your school look to you as their intellectual superior, the idea that you could beat anyone up and that people bother to talk to you.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 22 January 2014 - 07:59 PM.

Weird question but could someone post a link to Tank's profile (The big boss of this forums)?

Spoiler

http://gtaforums.com/user/14-tank/ :^:

• Gray Wolf likes this

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

I see a few holes in your story; the notion that people in your school look to you as their intellectual superior, the idea that you could beat anyone up and that people bother to talk to you.

1. People in my school are dumb as hell, so they look up to me.

2. I have my f*cking belt, f*cker, so f*cking shut up before I beat you up, f*cko.

3. I have social anxiety, so I use on of these, technically it's not talking.

stephen-hawking-computer.jpg

Spoiler

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

2. I have my f*cking belt, f*cker, so f*cking shut up before I beat you up, f*cko.

Spoiler

No it was the fact that it wasn't funny that made me mad.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Spoiler

No it was the fact that it wasn't funny that made me mad.

We all got our definition of what we think is funny and what we don't. I'm sorry that I didn't amuse you. I hope I die. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

With this new comment box, what are the codes for including a picture in the post? I mean, how do I put a picture in my post?

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

Same as before.

[img] url of pic [/img]
  • Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

With this new comment box, what are the codes for including a picture in the post? I mean, how do I put a picture in my post?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4f7ZCPj.png[/img]

or

Hit the small picture with the tree next to < > 

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

You might have to enable advanced mode (little switch at the top left corner), but otherwise, format is very similar to how it used to be.

[img=http://www.myimagehost.com/myimage.jpg]

Edit: Wow. Double-ninja'd.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

I'm an American wanting to buy some things online that is in Pounds Sterling. If I buy it with my American Express, will they handle all of the currency conversion stuff on their own? Or do they not allow you to buy stuff in non-USD currency?

I ask because I've never purchased anything from a non-US country, so I'm unfamiliar with how credit card companies deal with you purchasing something in a foreign currency.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

most websites that do online orders do the currency exchange for you.

just place your order in your shopping cart and when you enter your American credit card information on the final 'Checkout' page or whatever, it should simply show the total in USD having done the math for you.

• Frank Brown likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users