• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Short answer is yes. Anything liable to cause offence to a large number of people as an avatar or signature will get it disabled, and if you're persistent enough, you banned.

But I was told there were no Jews left here. We need to bring back Aadrian to the staff.

On a serious note, I think I saw members with Hitler avatars and nobody said a thing about that, or at least so I think.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by theadmiral, 21 December 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Short answer is yes. Anything liable to cause offence to a large number of people as an avatar or signature will get it disabled, and if you're persistent enough, you banned.

But I was told there were no Jews left here. We need to bring back Aadrian to the staff.

On a serious note, I think I saw members with Hitler avatars and nobody said a thing about that, or at least so I think.

I can name numerous users with Hitler avatars. I would say that could cause offence for a large number of people and is intentional.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I suppose it's kind of a blurred line. I'd say Hitler on his own isn't really offensive enough for his picture to be banned as an avatar, but if you're using it along with Nazi slogans in your member title and obviously going out of your way trying to be offensive, then that's probably where you'll get in trouble. 

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

It seems as if no one took my question seriously. Perhaps I needed to add a few more details about it. Link to the original question: http://gtaforums.com...2/?p=1064326008

It all started when I first played this Far Cry mod called "Ultraball", it is apparently based on the game "Speedball 2". So I was playing this mod when I came across a poster in the game. It was this woman. I tried to source the texture, found it, but it was a combination of posters. Google'd the cropped image of the women, found nothing relevant. I have this strange urge to know the name of this woman, her profession, her biography etcetera. I'd be really grateful if someone helps me here.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

That's really weird bro.

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Should I smoke my cat's weed?

xRMwmgw.jpg

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Should I smoke my cat's weed?

xRMwmgw.jpg

No. Don't be a Pussy.

• GTAKid667 and Awkward. like this

Awkward.
  • Awkward.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by Awkward., 22 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Does anyone know why has the "Post a fact about the person above" topic has been locked?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by geobst, 22 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Does anyone know why has the "Post a fact about the person above" topic has been locked?

Probably because the posts are repetitive and don't contribute in the slightest to the forum. There's no advantage to having a thread like that lingering around when the responses are vague and crappy.

That thread was basically just a "spam by saying something obvious about the person above without facing the usual consequences for spamming".

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Probably because the posts are repetitive and don't contribute in the slightest to the forum. There's no advantage to having a thread like that lingering around when the responses are vague and crappy.

You just described a lot of posts here.

• Awkward. likes this

Awkward.
  • Awkward.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

It was fun at least and this is "Off Topic" section after all.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Explain how people asking their fellow GTAForumers off topic questions and people posting "joined two days before my birthday" and "hates Odd Future" are similar?

A lot of people have benefitted from this thread however nobody benefited from the "Post a fact about the person above" thread as it was filled with bullsh*t spam that didn't contribute to the forum.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Explain how people asking their fellow GTAForumers off topic questions and people posting "joined two days before my birthday" and "hates Odd Future" are similar?

A lot of people have benefitted from this thread however nobody benefited from the "Post a fact about the person above" thread as it was filled with bullsh*t spam that didn't contribute to the forum.

I benefited from the ego boost I received when someone said something nice about me. Now I'm stuck in perpetual-crying-mode.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Do any Londoners (or people who are familiar with the transit system in London) know if you can load a 7-day Travelcard onto an Oyster card, or if an Oyster card is sold with 7 days loaded onto it to begin with and I can just add more cash once the 7 days are up?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

An Oyster car will become a 7-day travel card at the point at which a 7-day travel card is cheaper than an Oyster. So, if you spend more than the cost of a 7-day travel card on your Oyster, your expenditure won't continue, much in the same way that it won't go higher than a day travel card if you use it more than 4 or so times in a day.

• Tony. likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

...an Oyster card?!?!? Please, do tell.

• stu likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

It is just a metro pass.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

It's a gift card to Long John Silvers. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

so it is true - they serve chowder on London mass transit? Pip pip.

But, what I was really getting at, although I guess it wasn't clear, is why in the devil is it called an Oyster card?

I went and chucked it in the goog:

The Oyster name was agreed on after a lengthy period of research managed by TranSys and agreed by TfL. Several names were considered, and Oyster was chosen as a fresh approach that was not directly linked to transport, ticketing or London. According to Andrew McCrum, now of Appella brand name consultants, who was brought in to find a name by Saatchi and Saatchi Design (contracted by TranSys), Oyster was conceived and promoted because of the metaphorical implications of security and value in the component meanings of the hard bivalve shell and the concealed pearl, the association of London and the River Thames with oysters, and the well-known travel-related idiom "the world is your oyster".

...le barf.

Awkward.
  • Awkward.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Verdammte scheiße!

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

May I ask why you swear in german and that for no apparent reason?

Awkward.
  • Awkward.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

I have no idea. I just had to let it out. Pardon me.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Why are there so many moderators these days? And what happened to Adriaan? He was okay.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:12 AM Edited by Raavi, 23 December 2013 - 06:13 AM.

And what happened to Adriaan? He was okay.

Was? He still is.

tumblr_m7cx0v0Fgp1rbaxuco1_500.gif

• Ciaran likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 23 December 2013 - 06:24 AM.

Rightfully so, most Europeans seem to hold their nations up on a pedestal when it comes to social progression relative to the US.  However, they seem to lag behind America in terms of racial equality (from my personal experience).  Given that black folks seem to have a bad reputation just about everywhere, does anybody know of any European nations where the potential quality of life for blacks matches or exceeds that of the US?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Rightfully so, most Europeans seem to hold their nations up on a pedestal when it comes to social progression relative to the US.  However, they seem to lag behind America in terms of racial equality (from my personal experience).  Given that black folks seem to have a bad reputation just about everywhere, does anybody know of any European nations where the potential quality of life for blacks matches or exceeds that of the US?

Your using personal experience to try and extrapolate a general point which is never helpful.

What makes you think that that Europe lags behind the US in racial equality anyway? Generally speaking there's on average far less economic and social disparity in Western Europe than there is in the US regardless of any determining factors. 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

[...]  However, they seem to lag behind America in terms of racial equality (from my personal experience).  Given that black folks seem to have a bad reputation just about everywhere, does anybody know of any European nations where the potential quality of life for blacks matches or exceeds that of the US?

• Is there mass unemployment, more than any other race?
  • Is there systematic use of education (lack of diploma) to keep them out of employment?
  • Are there rewards for producing progeny (from the welfare system)?
  • Do they centre in mass areas of cities?
  • Do the police fear entering those areas?
  • In Europe are there Television programs that have no other races in the cast?
  • Are other programs/movies required to have at least one in the cast?
  • Is that token cast member playing a leadership role?
  • Does Europe have laws where referring to a person by race in anger (or not) is a ‘hate crime’?
  • Do they have a language or dialect of their own?
  • Do European police tend to be more violent when dealing with them?
  • Are they treated with less respect than a Jew, Muslim, or Gypsy?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hey, guys. I know this question should be posted in the Music talk subforum, but they almost never or never answer anything about songs in videos.

So, it's simple. Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the background of this video from 0:00 - 1:40? (Just the music, random WWE announcements or whatever have nothing to do with the song).

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by F4L?, 23 December 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Hey, guys. I know this question should be posted in the Music talk subforum, but they almost never or never answer anything about songs in videos.

So, it's simple. Does anyone know the name of the song playing in the background of this video from 0:00 - 1:40? (Just the music, random WWE announcements or whatever have nothing to do with the song).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=we0myBZ6kv0

Based on your usual attitude towards rap I am surprised to tell this to you, but I am very certain it's the instrumental from "Not afraid" by eminem, like 99% sure. It was a number 1 song so not surprised to hear it there it was released April 2010, the lyrics are great, should listen it through.

And Instrumental

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 23 December 2013 - 05:17 PM.

That's it, thanks bro. :)

EDIT: Another quick question. Is Corona a strong beer? Or better yet, how strong is it? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users