• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

It doesn't seem to have any internal memory and the package doesn't include a memory card, so yeah, you won't be able to record anything until you buy a memory card.

Thanks. And do you know if I can buy any ordinary memory card like for a mobile phone or does it have to be something specific for that device?

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

It doesn't seem to have any internal memory and the package doesn't include a memory card, so yeah, you won't be able to record anything until you buy a memory card.

Thanks. And do you know if I can buy any ordinary memory card like for a mobile phone or does it have to be something specific for that device?

You need a micro SD card, which can be bought in any hardware store. I think most mobiles use micro SD cards, yes.

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

You need a micro SD card, which can be bought in any hardware store. I think most mobiles use micro SD cards, yes.

Thanks a lot on the reply, man :)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by lil weasel, 12 December 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Hey, guys. I have a question.

[...] I would like someone to check the features at the bottom and answer me this: It says: ''Storage: not include memory card'' - Does that mean I can't actually record anything and transfer it to my PC via the USB cable later or is that something else? Thanks.

Features:
Storage: not include memory card

It means you have to buy/supply the SD memory card and anything over 32mb is wasted.

My question: What happened to the Republic of China (Taiwan), seems it has disappeared from the news since the turn of the century.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

[...] I would like someone to check the features at the bottom and answer me this: It says: ''Storage: not include memory card'' - Does that mean I can't actually record anything and transfer it to my PC via the USB cable later or is that something else? Thanks.

Features:

It means you have to buy/supply the SD memory card and anything over 32mb is wasted.

How do you mean wasted? In what sense?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:00 PM Edited by lil weasel, 12 December 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Any excess of memory is not readable, thus it is a waste. I had a camera like that once. It said 1mb of memory. I put a 2mb sd in it and it still only was able to read 1mb. (The 2mb card was cheaper than the 1mb card, at the time.)

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Features:

I have no idea where he got "32mb" from.

On the product page it says

Micro SD: Up to 16GB

Micro SD is the kind of memory card you need, but I think Micro SD is quite an old format. Most memory cards sold today are of the Micro SDHC kind but they all come with a Micro SD adapter that would probably work with these. I'd recommend the brand SanDisk, they are huge in this market and I've personally never had a problem with any of my memory cards from them.

By "up to 16GB" they mean that 16GB is the most that this product can support, and anything over that will be wasted. If you buy anything bigger you will still only get 16GB of space or it may not even work at all.

If I was you I'd probably try this: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_0 Memory cards aren't massively expensive so you can't really go very wrong.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Features:

I have no idea where he got "32mb" from.

On the product page it says

Micro SD: Up to 16GB

Micro SD is the kind of memory card you need, but I think Micro SD is quite an old format. Most memory cards sold today are of the Micro SDHC kind but they all come with a Micro SD adapter that would probably work with these. I'd recommend the brand SanDisk, they are huge in this market and I've personally never had a problem with any of my memory cards from them.

By "up to 16GB" they mean that 16GB is the most that this product can support, and anything over that will be wasted. If you buy anything bigger you will still only get 16GB of space or it may not even work at all.

If I was you I'd probably try this: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_0 Memory cards aren't massively expensive so you can't really go very wrong.

Thanks on the explanation, man :)

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Will I get the chance to f*ck Miley Cyrus in the future?

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

In the future? Have you seen the state of Lindsay Lohan?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

You can do that today!

0213-miley-cyrus-blowup-doll-article-3.j

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Question for you... why?

Although I can tell you what she's having for Christmas Dinner...

Spoiler

(This new spoiler tag is sh*t by the way)

• Kirsty and Nlwt like this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

You can do that today!

Dude, not cool.

That latex doll has a decent body.

• Joe Chip, Raavi and Nlwt like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

You can do that today!

Which one's Miley?

• Raavi and Nlwt like this

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Okay. Thank you for your answers. I will buy a Miley Cyrus doll.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Okay. Thank you for your answers. I will buy a Miley Cyrus doll.

FORUM uses Troll! No effect!
  • Kalvin and Prometheus like this

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

Outside Agitator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

My hair is brown. Why in the f*ck is my facial hair red? If there's a God, has he forsaken me, or is there a rational explanation for this? I'm gonna assume it's the former.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

My hair is brown. Why in the f*ck is my facial hair red? If there's a God, has he forsaken me, or is there a rational explanation for this? I'm gonna assume it's the former.

Well this reads well...

The Explanation:

1. The Vikings – The Red beard or Barbarossa trait is a result of Viking blood. When the pesky Vikings invaded the British Isles they brought their red hair and red beards with them. The red beard part stuck with people even in cases where the head hair was rejected.
Plausibility rating: Conjecture.

2. Genetic Co-Dominance – This is when a single gene has more than one dominant allele. An individual who is heterozygous for two co-dominant alleles will express the phenotypes associated with both alleles. So you can have some red hair and some brown hair going on. Plausibility rating: Too complicated.

http://www.thedailyt...row-red-beards/

• ShootPeopleNotDope likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

My hair is brown. Why in the f*ck is my facial hair red?

I have this problem too. Everytime I look in the mirror, a half eaten Jaffa Cake stares back at me.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by Vlynor, 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM.

It means your ancestors came from Venus. Red hair is common among Venussians. About .00003% of the human population experience this.

• Joe Chip and ShootPeopleNotDope like this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

I have the same thing going. It's not flaming red, but it has a reddish tint to it. Enough for people to notice. Fortunately, by the time my facial hair started coming through in strength, hair on my scalp receded enough for contrast not to be too striking.

But yeah, it's basically the co-dominance thing that weasel mentioned. You have genes for brown hair and red hair. What that really means is that your hair follicles are instructed to produce brown pigment and red pigment. They do both, but if you have a lot of brown and red mixed in the hair, the net result is brown. When for some reason brown isn't produced as much, which can be blocked by any number of reasons, red shows through. Specifically what makes the difference between scalp hair and facial hair, I don't know. I doubt anybody looked into it in that much detail. But there you have it.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

Outside Agitator

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow, I did not expect such concise replies so quickly. Thanks to everyone who responded, even Vlynor--your post gave me a good chuckle. I admittedly asked that question in a half-joking manner, but--having not paid much attention in biology class when we were covering genetics--I was genuinely curious as to why I was "part ginger", for lack of better phrasing. I'd especially like to thank lil weasel for his post, and K^2 for elaborating on his points. Being of Irish, Scottish, and English descent, both explanations seem plausible.

It's odd though, my sideburns are unmistakably brown, but everything around my mouth/chin is red. At least it seems that's the case. I'll have to not shave for a few days and post a pic if I can so y'all can see what I'm talking about.

niko bellic half brother, K^2, folks like us gotta stick together. Redish brown/brownish red power!

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Will Demi Lovato rape Joe Jonas tomorrow?

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by Panz, 15 December 2013 - 11:01 PM.

The hair color thing can also be thought of in terms of polygenic inheritance, in which the expression of a trait is controlled by more than one allele.  So many genes are involved in determining hair color, and it explains why we always see slight differences in hair colors between different people. Often, there are different genes responsible for different portions of the body. We don't have just one gene for hair color. We have multiple that control it, and they're all located on different chromosomes, so when we randomly inherit these chromosomes from mom and dad, we get a huge realm of possibilities in terms of combinations... and because so many genes are responsible for hair color, different ones being responsible for head hair color and beard color, this is why we see slight differences in beard and nose and head hair colors.

And yes, the co-dominance is a big part of it.  It's like when we look at certain animal furs, or maybe the coats of cattle and horses that we typically call roan coats. From a distance, the animal looks to be of all one color, say a light gray or a pale reddish color, but if you examine the separate hairs of those coats, you realize that some hairs are white and some are pigmented. This is due to codominance.  It's kind of what you're seeing on your head vs. your face. You can see the individual hairs more clearly on your beard because they're so short and are more distinguishable. Of course, this varies from person to person.

I don't want to get too far into it, but hair color is affected by so much sh*t. Epistasis, heterochrony, etc. And then there's evolutionary genetics playing a part in there, too. It's definitely still being researched and it's a huge mess of confusing genetics, but it's really pretty interesting if you ever end up taking a genetics class. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

So today I hit my atm limit and couldnt get cash from my account. So I went to a gas station and purchased two prepaid debit cards thinking I could go to the atm and get cash for them. But when I went to the atm and it turns out I couldnt use that card at the atm. Wtf and no where will give me a money order with it. So my question is how do I get the cash out of these things?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

So today I hit my atm limit and couldnt get cash from my account. So I went to a gas station and purchased two prepaid debit cards thinking I could go to the atm and get cash for them. But when I went to the atm and it turns out I couldnt use that card at the atm. Wtf and no where will give me a money order with it. So my question is how do I get the cash out of these things?

A reason to have a Discover Card, and know which stores give ca$h back. What with auto-deposits from everybody it's a great way to get ca$h without using an ATM.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Do you guys ever wonder if there is any truth to things like the below? I know they are stupid but sometimes when I see them I feel like a .001 percent worry in the back of my head. Am I completely alone on this? Someone sent it to me on steam.

You have been visited by the Spooky Skeleton! Repost this 3 times in the next 2 seconds or you will be visited by a Spooky Skeleton tonight! 95% of people will not post this..... and they will become skeleton.....
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • Palau

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

You have been visited by the Spooky Skeleton! Repost this 3 times in the next 2 seconds or you will be visited by a Spooky Skeleton tonight! 95% of people will not post this..... and they will become skeleton.....
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████You have been visited by the Spooky Skeleton! Repost this 3 times in the next 2 seconds or you will be visited by a Spooky Skeleton tonight! 95% of people will not post this..... and they will become skeleton.....
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████You have been visited by the Spooky Skeleton! Repost this 3 times in the next 2 seconds or you will be visited by a Spooky Skeleton tonight! 95% of people will not post this..... and they will become skeleton.....
█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████

Phew! Now that that's over. Yeah, I repost those just for the hell of it. The one time I am visited by a spooky skeleton, or a headless girl I'd be kicking myself for it, so why not? Helps if you keep away from places that those are common at, but I guess noone can really help it.

• theadmiral likes this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

A reason to have a Discover Card, and know which stores give ca$h back. What with auto-deposits from everybody it's a great way to get ca$h without using an ATM.

Why dont you go INSIDE the bank and talk to a teller.

• Vlynor likes this

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

Outside Agitator

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Do you guys ever wonder if there is any truth to things like the below? I know they are stupid but sometimes when I see them I feel like a .001 percent worry in the back of my head. Am I completely alone on this? Someone sent it to me on steam.

█████████████████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░██
██░░▓▓▓▓░░░░░▓▓▓▓░░██
██░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
█████░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░█████
██████░░░░░░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░███████

I'm not the least bit superstitious, so no, I can't really say I think too much of these sorta things other than "well, that's really, really, really f*cking dumb." I live across the street from a graveyard, and I can assure you that skeletons do not roam the Earth, looking to freak you the f*ck out.

I apologize if I come off as being hella rude with this here post, but I find these sort of chain messages to be beyond stupid, and don't understand how anyone can believe them to be true. It is a lovely excuse to spam YouTube comments, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users