22,856 replies to this topic
Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Adverbs? Sounds right, I wanna say I'm right. 

Where the f*ck's Susie Dent when you need her.

Adverbs describe verbs, in English they usually end with -ly, like "quickly" or... *mind goes blank* something else ending in -ly. According to my extensive 5-minute Google session the words he posted are just nouns, just like he said. :p

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Getting corrected about your own language by a foreigner.

f*ck it, I'm taking up racism.

• Finn 7 five 11 and lazy. like this

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Obviously I have been away from the forums for a while, over 3 months actually. During this time the forum upgraded to the new layout.

First of all, is this 1.5 or officially GTANet V2?

Secondly, what do those little stars means on my profile and why are there 5 of them?

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by Murray Bunyan, 29 November 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Who can change your topic names? (Mods, Forum Leaders, Admins)

Moderators and administrators, yes. Forum leaders can too if the topic was posted in the (sub)forum they moderate. I would suggest contacting a moderator. I imagine they do more moderation than administrators and they are active more often in general.

I also wanted to ask this small question, I'm still trying to correct my grammar. Is this an appropriate sentence grammatically? GTA is the epitome of controls.

Let's see the definition:

Bb9lNd5.png

The word "controls" alone doesn't suggest a "particular quality or type", so you need to add an adjective there, like "good" or "great".

"GTA is the epitome of great controls."

This question came to me when I saw two users arguing on a gaming forum, the first was saying that GTA was better on KB&M and the other was saying it it's best to be played with a controller.

Well, I thought of stepping in and joining the conversation, but my f*cking English pulled me back.

Do you know how they used to teach English at my school? They forced students to memorize the definitions of all the parts of speech and other things. Students used to revise what comes after "have", I remember that they used to teach us that "have been" is a coherent sentence (I'm absolutely horrible at giving examples).

Students' grammar was pathetic. Fortunately for me, I didn't learn English that way, I just used the internet to participate in arguments, did some wiki work, regardless if it's a minor alteration or not. The kids at my school thought of themselves as being "cool", using slang language, Facebook and whatnot to learn their English. I swear that if I had been going to my school even now, I wouldn't even know that the word "I" is capitalized. That's how I distinguish the individuals that have English as their first language from the ones that have their own, local language. Most of the time I find people typing "I" as "i" when typing it individually (I hope my statements make sense).

Thank you internet.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Obviously I have been away from the forums for a while, over 3 months actually. During this time the forum upgraded to the new layout.

Secondly, what do those little stars means on my profile and why are there 5 of them?

And here I was whistling away thinking you were gone from the forum for good.
Just kidding, I was hoping you died.
Just kidding.

The stars are a rating thing, if you click on my profile you can rate me 1-5 stars, if you're going to rate me, please rate me a 1. Also you can like comments, which is the rating thing on the right hand side of your profile, I love this feature, I can show appreciation for others, and it encourages people to contribute, also I know when i'm posting something good.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just kidding.
The stars are a rating thing, if you click on my profile you can rate me 1-5 stars, if you're going to rate me, please rate me a 1. Also you can like comments, which is the rating thing on the right hand side of your profile, I love this feature, I can show appreciation for others, and it encourages people to contribute, also I know when i'm posting something good.
Ooh that is handy, I am already liking this change already. Forums look much nicer and seem to be running a bit better as well. It flows very well. Clap clap to all the admins/mods that put their effort into this.

I don't know whether to rate you one star or five stars now.

And I'll pretend you didn't say that first bit. I'm sad now. Sad to see Finn hasn't cleaned up his act, that is.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

I've seen this in a few online dictionaries, so I assume it is correct to use "seldom" as an adjective. Is it common as an adjective (as opposed to its function as an adverb)? I want to rename of my songs to "Seldom Beauty" (I would use the word "rare" instead, but "seldom" is a vital piece of a puzzle I'm trying to create with those song titles).

TrevorFuqsAshleyInTheAss
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInTheAss

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

why do guys like Greenrock aka Cidamelo aka MyDog get away with multpile accounts?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I've seen this in a few online dictionaries, so I assume it is correct to use "seldom" as an adjective. Is it common as an adjective (as opposed to its function as an adverb)? I want to rename of my songs to "Seldom Beauty" (I would use the word "rare" instead, but "seldom" is a vital piece of a puzzle I'm trying to create with those song titles).

I would hazard a guess that "Seldom Seen Beauty" would be the accurate way of putting it, however if it is being used as a song title, then I would claim artistic license on it and keep it as "Seldom Beauty"

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Just kidding.
Ooh that is handy, I am already liking this change already. Forums look much nicer and seem to be running a bit better as well. It flows very well. Clap clap to all the admins/mods that put their effort into this.

I don't know whether to rate you one star or five stars now.

And I'll pretend you didn't say that first bit. I'm sad now. Sad to see Finn hasn't cleaned up his act, that is.

Oh come on, it was a joke, I said just kidding, twice, if you get upset by something, even though I make it blatantly obvious I am joking, then perhaps you should just become a recluse.

You're a good member these days.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Oh come on, it was a joke, I said just kidding, twice, if you get upset by something, even though I make it blatantly obvious I am joking, then perhaps you should just become a recluse.
You're a good member these days.

Cheers, I admit I used to be a bit of a sh*tstain but I tried my best to not be a dick and look where I am now! :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Are "punchbowls" an American thing? I'm Australian and I've never seen a punchbowl in my life. 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Are "punchbowls" an American thing? I'm Australian and I've never seen a punchbowl in my life. 

They date back to the East India Company, which brought the drink from India and spread it (and the bowls) throughout Europe from what I've read.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Isn't it basically just a large bowl at a party filled with some sort of (usually) fruity drink? We had them all the time when I was little and went to kid's parties, although it was't necessarily called punch.

android
  • android

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Italy
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Is there a specific topic for the iPhone in the Technology sub-forum?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by F4L?, 01 December 2013 - 07:45 AM.

Is there a specific topic for the iPhone in the Technology sub-forum?

Just the I-thread, but it's quite inactive.

http://gtaforums.com...285253-ithread/

• android likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 01 December 2013 - 03:06 PM.

So, my PS3 crapped out and it's gonna be returned to Costco. My question is, what happens to it? I'd clear out the harddrive but I can't because the thing doesn't turn on, but what would happen to it?

Would someone take out the harddrive and put it in another console and have access to all my sh*t like my PSN account etc?

What happens to it?

What about my DLC etc do I keep that?

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

So, my PS3 crapped out and it's gonna be returned to Costco. My question is, what happens to it? I'd clear out the harddrive but I can't because the thing doesn't turn on, but what would happen to it?

Would someone take out the harddrive and put it in another console and have access to all my sh*t like my PSN account etc?

What happens to it?

Depends on why the ps3 died. If it's because the hard drive died then it'll probably be discarded. Otherwise yeah people could use it. You can take the hard drive out, however.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

What happens to it?

Depends on why the ps3 died. If it's because the hard drive died then it'll probably be discarded. Otherwise yeah people could use it. You can take the hard drive out, however.

well i don't know what's wrong with it. i was playing gta, it started making clanging sounds then there's no signal when I turn it on. safemode worked but I couldn't do anything there, i tried to clear off the harddrive but it simple said "preparing" then backed out of safemode and went back to "no signal"

I'd take the harddrive out but wouldn't that mean Costco wouldn't take it back cos I've tampered with it?

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

What's with the black bars in my avatar?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's probably caused by the fact that your avatar is non-square. You should try a 100x100 version instead:

s7BYFGI.png

http://i.imgur.com/s7BYFGI.png

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

well i don't know what's wrong with it. i was playing gta, it started making clanging sounds then there's no signal when I turn it on. safemode worked but I couldn't do anything there, i tried to clear off the harddrive but it simple said "preparing" then backed out of safemode and went back to "no signal"

I'd take the harddrive out but wouldn't that mean Costco wouldn't take it back cos I've tampered with it?

You should contact Sony Customer Service since you have an investment in games.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 01 December 2013 - 08:50 PM.

You should contact Sony Customer Service since you have an investment in games.

Took it back to Costco and got a superslim. It was the last one in stock.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

I've been the whole night real f*cked up with fever and stomach ache, however,  this morning,  I feel hungry (I have still some fever). Should I lunch normally?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

^ I've never eaten less or differently when I was sick unless I didn't have an appetite. Maybe you ate something yesterday that made you sick. Eat something different today.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

^ I've never eaten less or differently when I was sick unless I didn't have an appetite. Maybe you ate something yesterday that made you sick. Eat something different today.

Well, I'll eat something less heavy. Better not take a chance...

Taking-G
  • Taking-G

I'm still alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

I would like another shot in the OGA, please.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

That's not even a question...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by lil weasel, 02 December 2013 - 08:37 PM.

I've been [up] the whole night real  <> up with fever and stomach ache, however,  this morning,  I feel hungry (I have still some fever). Should I lunch normally?

"Starve a Cold, and Feed a Fever." That's been the saying for decades. :)

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Linc., 02 December 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Questions only, not statements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users