Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,848 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by F4L?, 25 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Why some/most videos of youtube are not avaliable in mobile devices?

I think it's because mobile devices don't support advertisements and because of that videos with ads won't play on mobiles because money is lost.

You are partially correct. Previously videos were not available on mobile because people did not gain revenue from it due to lack of advertisement. However, now advertisements do play on mobile, even the pop up ads occur, but the videos are still disabled from when ads did not play on mobile and youtubers have not updated their mobile viewing policies that they have in place.

You will find that most newer videos play on mobile, but often old ones will not/will not appear.

• RoadRunner71 likes this

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by jln22, 25 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Why are the women's vaginas always wet?

Sorry to say this but someone's lil friend has been inside there right before you.
No, but seriously, had a few interactions with a girl last summer and even though I was touching her vagina through clothes, eventually got my hand and tried to finger her, so I noticed that she was kinda wet.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by F4L?, 25 November 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Sorry to say this but someone's lil friend has been inside there right before you.
No, but seriously, had a few interactions with a girl last summer and even though I was touching her vagina through clothes, eventually got my hand and tried to finger her, so I noticed that she was kinda wet.

Well obviously she was wet, that's what happens when a girl becomes sexually aroused, it's her vaginas natural lubricating system to accommodate a penis.

The US really needs to give proper sex ed everywhere.

• GTA_stu likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

That's a good thing. It means that you got her really excited.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Maybe she pissed herself. That could also have been because she was excited, or because she was scared.

You weren't sexually assaulting her were you?

• Finn 7 five 11, Node, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and 2 others like this

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Maybe she pissed herself. That could also have been because she was excited, or because she was scared.

Nope, I wasn't.

Anyway, I've got another question. How can I select and delete only some specific sites in my web history? I use Firefox.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Nope, I wasn't.

Anyway, I've got another question. How can I select and delete only some specific sites in my web history? I use Firefox.

Specific sites are we.

As you type into the address bar, Firefox displays a drop-down list of suggested sitesClick on da x.

• jln22 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

And if above doesn't get it all, in the history panel (ctrl+h) you can select view. Sorting by site will separate all the links into folders, and you can delete the folders individually.

• jln22 likes this

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

am i the only one that feels bad for the people that go on the technology section of this forum?
i just assume it's a bunch of fat geek virgins.
i've never been and don't personally plan to.
leave that sh*t back in the lab, you dumb science bitch.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

am i the only one that feels bad for the people that go on the technology section of this forum?

Probably

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 26 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

They only ever talk about hardware in Technology chat, so it's doubly boring, and the programming/web design section doesn't make up for it at all. It's a dull place, but I'd assume most of them at least do other things on the forum.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Why did Dale Nixon get banned?

Nale Dixon is gonna feel lonely.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Really?

Ah, man, now the dinamic is broken.

• Shah Sam likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

The "fat geek virgins" of the Tech Chat forum likely didn't take to kindly to his assessment.

He never really had anything of value to contribute anyway, though he did make me chuckle on the odd occasion.

• Shah Sam likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Because he's trolling, he used to actually contribute to the forum all the time, now he just says things like above to instigate arguments, does all the time, started doing like a year ago. If he had always been like that I wouldn't say he was a troll, but he made this random change and it was obvious, look at his posts from early 2012-2011 versus now.

In the V section he routinely posts.things like "Gtav f*cking sucks, anyone who likes it is retarded" and such to start flame wars.
  • Shah Sam likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Really?

Ah, man, now the dinamic is broken.

=(

I guess we've all learned our lesson never to mess with fat geek virgins.

• Shah Sam likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Did you read his last post in this thread?

There you go.

• Shah Sam and Murray Bunyan like this

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

This is a serious question, the experience itself is indescribable, so I'll try my best.

I've been sleeping a lot lately, sometimes I don't even sleep, just lie in the bed thinking about stuff that would get me sleepy. Last night I had an experience, in which, I felt as if I was awake, could see everything, but everything was pale and colourless (something like that). I tried to speak, but nothing happened, it was as if someone had sewed my lips. I tried to move, same. I tried to lift my arm, and it felt as if someone had tied it to a stretcher.

The most horrible part of it was that I felt trouble breathing, during the experience. When I finally woke up, everything was fine, I could breathe easily. Another thing to add is that unlike an actual sleep, where you almost never remember the beginning of a dream, and have trouble remembering it most of the time, in that experience, everything was clear (except the colour part I already stated above). I could remember it as if it actually happened.

This isn't the first time though, I also had experienced it when I was a child, twice, during the same week, I tried talking about this with my grandfather, but he just assumed I was sh*tting him. But the difference between then and now is that I did not use to sleep this much when I was young.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, it's probably a specific state which I don't know about. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 28 November 2013 - 12:27 AM.

^ Might be that sleep paralysis?

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

^ Might be that sleep paralysis?

I'll have to Google it. The name sounds fitting.

But that thing was scary as f*ck. It's like as if I was dead or something.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 28 November 2013 - 12:36 AM.

I've never experienced sleep paralysis -I've been told it's a real scary thing- but from what I've heard some of the symptoms you've described (impossibility to move or talk, difficulty to breath...) sound like it.

Let's see what the forum doctors say anyway :p
  • Murray Bunyan likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hi, guys.

I would like if anyone can help me with this next subject. Is there a screenwriting program for Win 7? I've heard about Final Draft or something like that, but it seems that the Win 7 version of it either doesn't exist or isn't available for some reason. Also, if someone is already in screenwriting for some time, I would like to know where I can learn about proper form of writing (like which font it needs to be written in, how many pages should it contain etc etc).

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Who can change your topic names? (Mods, Forum Leaders, Admins)

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

There's several free screenwriting/general writing programs that you can find by doing a quick search on Google. They're not that hard too find and they're easy to use.

I don't think the font matters, lol. If you don't know how many pages is recommended, I'm guessing your pretty new to writing. In that case I'd suggest attending some writing classes, they're supposed to be really helpful.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

This is a serious question, the experience itself is indescribable, so I'll try my best.

I've been sleeping a lot lately, sometimes I don't even sleep, just lie in the bed thinking about stuff that would get me sleepy. Last night I had an experience, in which, I felt as if I was awake, could see everything, but everything was pale and colourless (something like that). I tried to speak, but nothing happened, it was as if someone had sewed my lips. I tried to move, same. I tried to lift my arm, and it felt as if someone had tied it to a stretcher.

The most horrible part of it was that I felt trouble breathing, during the experience. When I finally woke up, everything was fine, I could breathe easily. Another thing to add is that unlike an actual sleep, where you almost never remember the beginning of a dream, and have trouble remembering it most of the time, in that experience, everything was clear (except the colour part I already stated above). I could remember it as if it actually happened.

This isn't the first time though, I also had experienced it when I was a child, twice, during the same week, I tried talking about this with my grandfather, but he just assumed I was sh*tting him. But the difference between then and now is that I did not use to sleep this much when I was young.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, it's probably a specific state which I don't know about. 

Basically your body has some sort of chemical or something that stops you lashing out whilst in a dream, I don't think has been properly researched, but basically something in your body stops you moving your body when you're dreaming, most of the time anyway, because otherwise if you were running in a dream, you'd be running in real life.
What happens during sleep paralysis (That is what you experienced like mentioned which is quite common) is your mind wakes up, at least partially, but your body is still frozen because it thinks you're dreaming, so you are conscious, but not really I guess, and so you can't move.

I wouldn't worry about it, your increased sleeping is a little odd though, could be a sign of depression which means you need to change something in your life man.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 28 November 2013 - 11:12 AM.

There's several free screenwriting/general writing programs that you can find by doing a quick search on Google. They're not that hard too find and they're easy to use.

I don't think the font matters, lol. If you don't know how many pages is recommended, I'm guessing your pretty new to writing. In that case I'd suggest attending some writing classes, they're supposed to be really helpful.

Yeah, well, I know, but I wanted to have some sort of a program that will help me make it easier to write. I'm not as new to writing itself as I'm new to screenwriting (well, Hollywood pro writing). I've heard that 114 pages of script is basically the longest script that you can send to people who will actually accept to read it, anything beyod 114 is too long or something like that. But, anyway, I know how to write a screenplay, but I don't know the form.. So that's why I'm searching for a program that will help me do it more effectively and save me many hours of scrolling through endless script pages. Thanks though.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by Murray Bunyan, 28 November 2013 - 12:02 PM.

I wouldn't worry about it, your increased sleeping is a little odd though, could be a sign of depression which means you need to change something in your life man.

I searched for sleep paralysis, and after reading a few lines, I realized that it was definitely the thing. Thanks to RoadRunner for informing me about this first.

About the increased sleeping part, I'm just taking a few days off from work. I'm not depressed. Or maybe I am, I don't know.  :whistle:

I also wanted to ask this small question, I'm still trying to correct my grammar. Is this an appropriate sentence grammatically? GTA is the epitome of controls.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Who can change your topic names? (Mods, Forum Leaders, Admins)

Moderators and administrators, yes. Forum leaders can too if the topic was posted in the (sub)forum they moderate. I would suggest contacting a moderator. I imagine they do more moderation than administrators and they are active more often in general.

I also wanted to ask this small question, I'm still trying to correct my grammar. Is this an appropriate sentence grammatically? GTA is the epitome of controls.

Let's see the definition:

Bb9lNd5.png

The word "controls" alone doesn't suggest a "particular quality or type", so you need to add an adjective there, like "good" or "great".

"GTA is the epitome of great controls."

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Also "controls" should be an [I can't find the name for it, but an adjective expressed as a noun] there, like "controllability."

QUESTION: What is the name for words like "elasticity," or "accountability" that are adjectives written as nouns?

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Adverbs? Sounds right, I wanna say I'm right. 

Where the f*ck's Susie Dent when you need her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users