Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

^ well said. How can anyone hold a grudge against cidamelo/greenrock anyway? He's been around for years now and there's been a flood of new members ever since. Real ones and trolls. How can anyone hate on cidamelo/greenrock? Must be a personal thing.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Speaking of trolls, I've got a question: this other universetwisters clone, why did he exactly get banned? It's obvious or seems obvious he is trolling but: what if someone really wanted that name and shares the same taste, got the same birthday etc? Stranger things have happened.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 22 November 2013 - 09:44 AM.

Speaking of trolls, I've got a question: this other universetwisters clone, why did he exactly get banned? It's obvious or seems obvious he is trolling but: what if someone really wanted that name and shares the same taste, got the same birthday etc? Stranger things have happened.

Because it's obvious he was taking the piss.

He may have also had the same IP as a previously banned member.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Because he was a child called Trevorfuqsashleyinthebutt who got butthurt and began trolling and got banned. Now he's creating accounts and continues trolling, PM spamming and acting like the retarded kid he is.

VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Because it's obvious he was taking the piss.

He may have also had the same IP as a previously banned member.

IP ban? Now that is odd. I visit this forum every now and then from an internet cafe. If some asshole like "trevorf*cksashely inthe ass" just logs in right after me, despite he won't probably live in my country, city and even if, most likely will NEVER use the same pc as I do, but hypothetically speaking, if he did, I run the danger of becoming banned?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Mods know that IP banning member's who have Dynamic IP's is risky since you ban several legit members in the process. It's already been pointed out several times so no you are in no danger.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

^ well said. How can anyone hold a grudge against cidamelo/greenrock anyway? He's been around for years now and there's been a flood of new members ever since. Real ones and trolls. How can anyone hate on cidamelo/greenrock? Must be a personal thing.

I don't hate on either of those people, I don't think Cidamelo was a troll, and greenrock is a deliberate moron, but it is pretty funny sometimes.

I was hoping for some concrete proof they were the same person, but it seems just to be hearsay so I doubt it, was just curious.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't hate on either of those people, I don't think Cidamelo was a troll, and greenrock is a deliberate moron, but it is pretty funny sometimes.
I was hoping for some concrete proof they were the same person, but it seems just to be hearsay so I doubt it, was just curious.

I guess you will never have proof unless a member posts pictures holding up some sh*t written on a paper holding it in the camera. ..sh*t like "look guys, this is me, xyz from gtaforums. ." Sounds absurd, but even continuous pictures of a member could be fake, I know plenty of people in Facebook who got everything public. People could easily impersonate them.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Can somebody explain to me how YouTube Partners' pay packets work, how much they get etc?

For example; say there's a channel of which currently has around 600,000 subscribers, around 100.000.000 video views, and releases three new videos per week...how much do you reckon they make/have made? Are there many other things to factor in to determine how much they earn?

How much do you reckon guys like Epic Meal Time and FPS Russia have made with their channels? Just looking for ballpark figures here, if there happens to be anyone who knows about this stuff, cheers.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Can somebody explain to me how YouTube Partners' pay packets work, how much they get etc?

For example; say there's a channel of which currently has around 600,000 subscribers, around 100.000.000 video views, and releases three new videos per week...how much do you reckon they make/have made? Are there many other things to factor in to determine how much they earn?

How much do you reckon guys like Epic Meal Time and FPS Russia have made with their channels? Just looking for ballpark figures here, if there happens to be anyone who knows about this stuff, cheers.

I remember when somebody I know got paid for views. I think it was something like 0.5p per view or something like that. It may have changed since.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

So 100,000,000 views at 0.5p per view would put 500K in your pocket. Not too shabby. I could buy an apartment with a 10 car garage for that.

• WildBrick142 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've heard it's like 1 euro per 100.000 or so.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Does anyone know about the word "Genesist"? of course I though of Genesis but on listening to something last night I kept hearing the word Genesist and I can't find anything about it whenever it's a word or name or something, I've never heard of it before.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Does anyone know about the word "Genesist"? of course I though of Genesis but on listening to something last night I kept hearing the word Genesist and I can't find anything about it whenever it's a word or name or something, I've never heard of it before.

I read somewhere that it could be a justification of drug use (marijuana). Apparently the justification came from a verse in the bible (Genesis 1:12).
  • Gray Wolf likes this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Because only a really sad freak would create a copy account of a person who is already a member here.

• WildBrick142 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by lil weasel, 22 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Today is the Great Day when "Doctor Who?" first aired.

If it wasn't for the news grabber in the U.S. of A. it would be remembered.

I was introduced to it with Tom Baker as the Doctor. Later, as it became popular the PBS gave us the first through current at the time broadcasts.

Then, after I had donated to it they suddenly cancelled it saying it was too expensive. and there wasn't enough interest ($$). Of course they had moved The Doctor from his 1730 spot to after midnight during the begging. The PBS channel had put Barney in his place during begging.

Never gave again to PBS.

Now, I understand The Doctor is just out of reach on the BBC America. I can't afford to pay for the Tier that contains BBC-A (and I'm not interest in those other channels).

I've tried to buy all the Series on VHS & Now DVD, I have recorded all the available broadcasts on VHS.

So how is The Doctor doing currently?

So, any specials for the anniversary?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

There's mixed feelings. Since they replaced David Tennant with Matt Smith I stopped watching. To me, Smith is a horrible actor. Thankfully he's being replaced, so I'll see what it's like once the next series airs.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

I believe it works like this: 1000 paid views = anywhere from  $1 - $3. (depending on the length of the ad before the video)

If you watch a video on a mobile device or with Adblock, the view still registers but counts as an unpaid view. So 1000 "typical" views =/= $1 - $3. 

No other factors AFAIK.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

So 100,000,000 views at 0.5p per view would put 500K in your pocket. Not too shabby. I could buy an apartment with a 10 car garage for that.

You would make much less than that, somewhere between $30,000 and $250,000.

I believe it works like this: 1000 paid views = anywhere from  $1 - $3. (depending on the length of the ad before the video)

If you watch a video on a mobile device or with Adblock, the view still registers but counts as an unpaid view. So 1000 "typical" views =/= $1 - $3. 

No other factors AFAIK.

Actually, it's generally more like $3 (or $4) for 10,000 views. Also, there are different types of ads. Some ads are "pay per impression" (the ones that make you money if someone sees them), "pay per click" (the ones that only make you money if someone clicks them; most common type), etc. It's kind of hard to calculate exactly. It also depends on what kind of content you make. It's important that your content reaches as many countries as possible.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

You would make much less than that, somewhere between $30,000 and $250,000.

No other factors AFAIK.

Actually, it's generally more like $3 (or $4) for 10,000 views. Also, there are different types of ads. Some ads are "pay per impression" (the ones that make you money if someone sees them), "pay per click" (the ones that only make you money if someone clicks them; most common type), etc. It's kind of hard to calculate exactly. It also depends on what kind of content you make. It's important that your content reaches as many countries as possible.

Do you have a source on that? It was a while ago (like two years) and I'm not exactly sure what YouTube partner it was that told me about this but I'm pretty sure I remember him specifically mentioning $1 - $3 per 1000 views. Also I know about the different types of ads, and I believe the skippable ones generate less revenue than the full 30 second ones, but I could be wrong. And even if the "pay per click" ads might be more common, I really doubt big Youtubers rely on them much at all. I mean who the hell actually clicks on the little popups that appear?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

^Youtube pay varies quite a lot, it really does depend.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Do you have a source on that? It was a while ago (like two years) and I'm not exactly sure what YouTube partner it was that told me about this but I'm pretty sure I remember him specifically mentioning $1 - $3 per 1000 views. Also I know about the different types of ads, and I believe the skippable ones generate less revenue than the full 30 second ones, but I could be wrong. And even if the "pay per click" ads might be more common, I really doubt big Youtubers rely on them much at all. I mean who the hell actually clicks on the little popups that appear?

Actually you are more or less right, but it depends on the type of ads your viewers see. You are talking about CPM (cost per mille) ads.

Here are some details about monetizing: http://www.reelseo.c...rtner-earnings/

You can skip all video ads (as far as I can tell). I've never seen one that you can't skip. Also, partners do not control which type of ads (CPI, CPC, CPM) are displayed on their channel.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Actually you are more or less right, but it depends on the type of ads your viewers see. You are talking about CPM (cost per mille) ads.

Here are some details about monetizing: http://www.reelseo.c...rtner-earnings/

You can skip all video ads (as far as I can tell). I've never seen one that you can't skip. Also, partners do not control which type of ads (CPI, CPC, CPM) are displayed on their channel.

That's a great article, thanks! That dude that told me about this made it seem really simple and straight-forward but I guess it's a bit more complicated than I thought.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's not that complicated actually if you only want to make money off YouTube ads. You can become a partner just by creating an account and verifying it (using your mobile phone number) and monetizing starts as soon as you create an AdSense account. The actual challenge is creating content that a lot of people (from a lot of countries, to get all sorts of ads displayed and thus increase your income) will view. Also, you must own the rights to the content. Fair use doesn't mean much when it comes to monetizing. For example, game publishers\developers can choose not to allow you to monetize on a video review\walktrough (with commentary) of their game even if legally you should be allowed since it is a transformative work. Channels like Machinima ask for permission from companies, but I'm under the impression that big partner channels have it easy (YouTube might approve their videos for monetizing right away).

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

<-- Why is my avatar in a terrible resolution when I view my posts, but when you go onto my profile, it's in HD quality?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

<-- Why is my avatar in a terrible resolution when I view my posts, but when you go onto my profile, it's in HD quality?

Because you want to calculate how many people view your profile after you posted this question? :colgate:

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by Antagonista, 23 November 2013 - 04:36 AM.

No, honestly not at all. I was asking a serious question, it just irritated me a lot.

Here's the picture that I'm using : http://i.imgur.com/lMfSjdn.jpg

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

I hear ya dude.  You know I was just f*cking around.  

I have similar issues with the whole user pic/avatar thing.  Like why are png avatars only transparent on posts?   sh*t like that...oh and like using a portrait style image that gets cropped into being your avatar...what's up with that?  What happened to having a different user image and a different avatar image?

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

I'm not sure :/ I'm disappointed in the way my avatar was drained of it's crispness and quality. I tried different sizes of the same picture, the one I'm using now showed up as the best looking one. I don't know what's up with this stuff.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 23 November 2013 - 05:26 AM.

I'm not sure :/ I'm disappointed in the way my avatar was drained of it's crispness and quality. I tried different sizes of the same picture, the one I'm using now showed up as the best looking one. I don't know what's up with this stuff.

Your image is automatically resized to 100x100 for your posting avatar.

You could resize it manually in photoshop/GIMP with different interpolation. Your profile picture will be tiny though.

These are a little better than what GTAF gives you.

2ccwk3r.png               ia277Bm.png

• Android likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users