• K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

The trick to being all knowledgeable is to answer questions you know and ignore the ones you don't. :p I'm doing a Ph.D. in particle physics, so the whole talk about energy is my area. And knowing a few things about alcohol, well, that's just outcome of growing up in Russia.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

You seem to be able to answer most questions asked in here :p

On another note, this happened when I came back to the PC a few minutes ago, did the forum go down or something without me noticing?

B9wN30z.png

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Flynny, 14 November 2013 - 10:42 PM.

I am on a HP envy and my mouse pad is annoying. If you hit the top right corner twice it should turn it off, but I do this and it stays on, and it is overly sensitive and moves the cursor if a spec of dust falls on it. Anyone know what to do other than disabling the driver altogether?

also there is a disc in my disc drive that won't come out, eject button doesnt work and the eject command on the my computer thing doesn't work, it sjut makes a horrible sound and it makes this sound on start-up

the disc is stuck and it is a HP envy so no disc tray it works like the ps3 disc drive, how do I get the disc out?

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

no u

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

How come I can't center simple tables?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

How come I can't center simple tables?

The forum is still having problems with tables, uNi said the staff are looking into all the problems.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

no u

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Oh, thank you.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

[...] [A]lso there is a disc in my disc drive that won't come out, eject button doesnt work and the eject command on the my computer thing doesn't work, it sjut makes a horrible sound and it makes this sound on start-up

the disc is stuck and it is a HP envy so no disc tray it works like the ps3 disc drive, how do I get the disc out?

I have read this for one of mine:

you can manually eject a disc by pushing a straightened paper clip into the tiny hole (the “beauty mark”) on the front of the DVD drive. That action manually ejects the disc when the computer is too stupid to do it by itself.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

[...] but your reply got me to thinking what is energy? And not what does energy do, but what is it actually made up of?

E=MC2 shows all matter is made up of energy, so what is energy made of?

The actual fundamental quantity is energy-stress tensor, which is observed as energy and momentum in any particular frame. Indeed, the equation you quote is only valid for a body at rest. In general, it is E² = (mc²)² + p²c². Formally, energy-stress tensor is a conserved charge of the Poincare local symmetry. Consequently, energy-stress should be viewed as consequence of space-time topology. In simpler terms, it's due to the way neighboring "pieces" of space are connected to each other. You can interpret it as sort of tension in these connections. (Edit: In fact, if you visualize energy as tension in "fabric" of space-time, it should be pretty easy to see why it causes curvature of said "fabric".)

But I wouldn't say that matter is made up of this. Matter is made up of fields which carry energy-stress tensor as one of its charges. It's no different from electron carrying electric charge. You can't say that electron is just made up of charge. There is other stuff in it. The difference is that all matter and all gauge fields carry energy-stress tensor charge.

So is matter essentially fields? What exactly makes up these fields? I may be misunderstanding but is matter more immaterial than physically solid as it's foundation? How could that be possible?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

I am on a HP envy and my mouse pad is annoying. If you hit the top right corner twice it should turn it off, but I do this and it stays on, and it is overly sensitive and moves the cursor if a spec of dust falls on it. Anyone know what to do other than disabling the driver altogether?

also there is a disc in my disc drive that won't come out, eject button doesnt work and the eject command on the my computer thing doesn't work, it sjut makes a horrible sound and it makes this sound on start-up

How hard do you tap it off, my hp mousepad requires two hard knocks to turn it off.
The mousepad isn't very sensitive though, so it's rare I turn it off

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Flynny, 15 November 2013 - 07:58 PM.

How hard do you tap it off, my hp mousepad requires two hard knocks to turn it off.

I jsut tap it like i ould tap someone's shoulder if I wanted to get their attention

or about as hard as pressing a key on the keyboard

anyone have an answer to the weird noise that might be a stuck CD? I do not have a tray, it is a trayless drive.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

How do we change our username?  A while ago I saw people (including mods) posting about the new site layout coming with the functionality to change your username.  I still haven't seen how to do it.  Was this feature scrapped?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

My Settings -> Display Name.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

anyone have an answer to the weird noise that might be a stuck CD? I do not have a tray, it is a trayless drive.

Seems everyone has tipped the unit on it's side with the slot down and 'tapped' it until the disc comes out. Else, remove the drive for replacement (would you trust it) and take the disc out then.

I did find this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wpWieIoBBrk

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I jsut tap it like i ould tap someone's shoulder if I wanted to get their attention

Well why don't you try tapping harder like I suggested, two solid knocks with your fingertip, it's not going to damage your mousepad.

Also lil weasel answered your query but you just ignored him completely it seems.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by Flynny, 15 November 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Well why don't you try tapping harder like I suggested, two solid knocks with your fingertip, it's not going to damage your mousepad.

Also lil weasel answered your query but you just ignored him completely it seems.

I didn't see it, anyway i tried that before posting, nope. Didn't work.

As or weasel's 2nd suggestion, thanks for that tip, i tried it but unfortunately did not work, I don't think something is stuck there I think when they replaced the dvd drive they just f*cked up. I am not opening up the laptop. I don't trust myself. I already called the repair service that f*cked this dvd drive replacement up (as i have not used it so it can only be them) and I am taking it in tomorrow for replacement (laptop, not drive)

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 16 November 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Right, so everytime I press 'Compose New Message' I get the Bad Gateway error. Is this just happening to me or what?

-Edit-

This link in particular: http://gtaforums.com...on=send&do=form

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by NCONiall, 16 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Right, so everytime I press 'Compose New Message' I get the Bad Gateway error. Is this just happening to me or what?

-Edit-

It's working fine for me if you're still wondering.

Is Age of Empires II: HD worth £15? It seems a bit steep and for that I don't even get the new expansion.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hey lads, is there any way to make money on Internet? If it takes something to learn in order to start making money, like web design or programming, I am all up for it, just let me know. :)

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hey lads, is there any way to make money on Internet? If it takes something to learn in order to start making money, like web design or programming, I am all up for it, just let me know. :)

Well, gaining a lot of followers on Twitter and Instragram always makes it easier to do PPA (Pay-Per-Action). M Turk is also a way to gain a small amount of money. Takes very little effort and it actually does pay out. There's some Reddit site that lists all the working ones.

Websites are always looking for freelance writers, and, I dunno if you're into lifting, but if you are, online personal training is actually a decent way to make money.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

-Edit-

It's working fine for me if you're still wondering

Thanks, for some reason it was because I had a full inbox.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 16 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

I had a friend in a high school web design class who knew the very basics of html and css, and was okay with photoshop, (The GIMP is a free alternative, of course you have to read the tutorial they provide to have any idea what you're doing,) and he went on craigslist and designed websites for people who wanted them, pulling in about $300 (Could have been less, but I don't remember, prices are listed anyway) a job, he could have made nearly $1200 a month if he kept at it and if easy requests kept coming in.

You'd have to learn a lot more to be anything more than okay at it, and be pretty fast with it to make enough money to support yourself, but it's definitely out there.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Bot hearding is probably the easiest and fastest way to make money on the internet, but I really don't recommend it unless you enjoy forceful sodomy.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

What's with these posts being separated? I haven't seen this in any other topic.

8put.jpg

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

^^^ I've seen this happen on more topics, probably a minor bug...

OT: What I'm about to ask will probably sound very stupid, and the answer is probably no, but... here it goes:

Is there a way to find out all accounts that have been created on any website by my computer?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

What's with these posts being separated? I haven't seen this in any other topic.

Renders fine for me, and there are no removed/hidden posts in between. Must be a random glitch.

Is there a way to find out all accounts that have been created on any website by my computer?

Nope. Not after the fact, anyways.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 17 November 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Renders fine for me, and there are no removed/hidden posts in between. Must be a random glitch.

I get it in some topics. In a few of those 'some topics' an advert appears in the gap.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

Why is the site stretched? What happened?

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Elaborate. Give us a screenshot or explanation as well as the browser you're using. And are you browsing via a computer/laptop or a mobile/tablet?

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Elaborate. Give us a screenshot or explanation as well as the browser you're using. And are you browsing via a computer/laptop or a mobile/tablet?

I'm on Windows XP SP3 using Google Chrome. I have no idea what's going on.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm on Windows XP SP3 using Google Chrome. I have no idea what's going on.
Try and snap a screenshot of your screen and post the link here, use something like imgur, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users