• Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks to Roadrunner71, Trip and K^2  :^:

Two questions:

Why did GTA-King get banned?

How the hell am I going to buy a chopper in GTA:O without having a helipad to store it on?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Shut up, Sit down and Relax

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

When you buy a helicopter Pegasus will deliver it to you, IMO I think you should be able to buy helipads and store choppers on it instead of calling Pegasus every time you want your chopper
  • Shah Sam likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think he did a "suicide" thread asking to be banned or something so.

• Shah Sam likes this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

He sure did :p but it was expected as GTA-King was too proud to "just get banned" and he knew one day he'll get the banhammer so instead he wanted a "honorable way out"

btw heres the image

He was decent at times though, shame...
  • Shah Sam likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

He sure did :p but it was expected as GTA-King was too proud to "just get banned" and he knew one day he'll get the banhammer so instead he wanted a "honorable way out"

btw heres the image

*cough* :whistle: *cough*

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by theadmiral, 09 November 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Wow, that guy GTA King looks like an absolute muppet. Talk about a huge ego and superiority complex. Havent seen his other posts, just judging off the link provided.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

GTA-King looks like scum. (Lol)

Probably the same guy maybe?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

btw heres the image

I see it more like a last attention whoring attempt.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

lol we all know "Scum" is GTA-King right WB?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

How much do STDs take to be detected after sexual intercourse? I know there are some that can take some time to be detected. From what I read AIDS can take over a month. I heard similar stuff about syphilis. I'm asking this because it would be useful to know in case I'm having unprotected sex with anyone that I don't know very well, and I could probably calculate the risk if they told me when was the last time they had sex (assuming I can trust them).

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by Werebot85, 09 November 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Deleted

(For a moment there I thought Gray Wolf was talking to me... Were you?)

@below - thought so

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Gray Wolf, 09 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Deleted

(For a moment there I thought Gray Wolf was talking to me... Were you?)

Nah it was Wildbrick142 :p

Anyway best get back to topic before those mods get edgy ;)

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

How can I link a YouTube video to a post like in the old forum version?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

I think it is [youtub.e] [/youtub.e] with the link in the middle. No "." obviously

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Paste the entire url

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Are there any "exercises" I can do to improve my vision? Years in front of a computer have not been kind to me.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Are there any "exercises" I can do to improve my vision? Years in front of a computer have not been kind to me.

I was told to get a metre stick. Put a map pin at 15cm and another at 30. Then look at the near one and then at the far one. After a few minutes move the far one 5cm farther away and repeat. Repeat.

Daily exercise for a month.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

I have a question about the conservation of energy. 

Since sound is a form of energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed where does the energy dissipate to? Do air molecules and such simply absorb this energy?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Since sound is a form of energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed where does the energy dissipate to? Do air molecules and such simply absorb this energy?

Heat. Basically, the organized motion of air molecules - sound waves, breaks apart into random motion, which is heat. Same deal with air drag on your car, airplane, or a parachute. Except the organized motion is air flows rather than sound waves. All of these are related on microscopic level.

P.S. 99% of the time, if you are wondering where the energy went to, the answer is heat. It almost gets boring after a while. There are some really cool exceptions, though.
  • GrandMaster Smith likes this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

Heat. Basically, the organized motion of air molecules - sound waves, breaks apart into random motion, which is heat. Same deal with air drag on your car, airplane, or a parachute. Except the organized motion is air flows rather than sound waves. All of these are related on microscopic level.

P.S. 99% of the time, if you are wondering where the energy went to, the answer is heat. It almost gets boring after a while. There are some really cool exceptions, though.

So where does all the heat go then, is it just transferred to something else as heat also? Are atoms just storing portions of the energy until the sound is entirely absorbed?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

So where does all the heat go then, is it just transferred to something else as heat also?

Excess heat is radiated by our planet into space in form of infrared radiation. Actually, any object radiates heat away, and hot objects radiate it at a faster rate. But say you are sitting in a room. The amount of heat you radiate is going to be the same as amount of heat you absorb from the walls, which also radiate it. The only way to get rid of the hat is to pass it on to something colder. And on average, space is damn cold, so that's where all our heat eventually ends up.

There are some other things you can do with heat. If you have a hot "source" and a cold "sink", you can convert part of the heat into useful work by putting a heat engine in between. Car engine is a perfect example. It burns gasoline, generating heat. Part of that heat is converted into work, and the rest is dumped into environment.

Are atoms just storing portions of the energy until the sound is entirely absorbed?

I have no idea what you mean by that, sorry.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Is education absolutely necessary for our lives?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yes.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

"No". But, it depends on what you consider Education. Formal transfer of useless information as in the 'Education System' absolutely No. Else how do 'Third World' people survive.

The acquired education of experience, Yes. You learn how to walk, run, talk, eat and avoid bad food by simple see and do education.

Being taught and expected to remember the exploits of Dead People (often adjusted) won't necessarily allow you live better or longer. Knowing what the customs, geography, and history of other countries you will never visit, easy to figure out how that will help you survive. Learning 'rocket science' maths when you will pilot a desk or store counter, or deep fryer, is really very helpful, especially when you need to learn how to count change when the cash register power fails.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

How to stay away from 'The Internet'?

No, seriously. I can't concentrate with my studies. I always wonder if there is anything funny thing going on Facebook or YouTube which turns out to be a waste of time. I want to atleast join a decent college.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 November 2013 - 12:22 PM.

How to stay away from 'The Internet'?

No, seriously. I can't concentrate with my studies. I always wonder if there is anything funny thing going on Facebook or YouTube which turns out to be a waste of time. I want to atleast join a decent college.

I'd go to study to some library or even take pills to concentrate. It worked for me...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

"No". But, it depends on what you consider Education. Formal transfer of useless information as in the 'Education System' absolutely No. Else how do 'Third World' people survive.

The acquired education of experience, Yes. You learn how to walk, run, talk, eat and avoid bad food by simple see and do education.

Being taught and expected to remember the exploits of Dead People (often adjusted) won't necessarily allow you live better or longer. Knowing what the customs, geography, and history of other countries you will never visit, easy to figure out how that will help you survive. Learning 'rocket science' maths when you will pilot a desk or store counter, or deep fryer, is really very helpful, especially when you need to learn how to count change when the cash register power fails.

Weasel, what about the contextual basis from "exploits of dead people" which help inform the scientific and technical discoveries which further man? I mean, we're all pretty aware of your attitude to education but I don't think you can say "formal education doesn't make you live longer" when formal education in the sciences is what provides the expertise which does, in fact seem to equate to longer life. 

I also don't understand what you're trying to say about mathematics. I understand it's an attempt at sarcasm but there are numerous desk jobs which do require a strong technical understanding of mathematical concepts. Computer programming, architecture, statistical research, qualitative data analysis, ect ect. This may be news to you, but not everyone whose highly educated works in McDonald's as you often seem to imply.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 PM Edited by lil weasel, 10 November 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Again, your highly educated existence has little relation to the real working world.

The pyramid of education with your thinking is a serious one. The majority of work in the real world has the unwashed masses doing the support work. Basic employment does not require the High Education of which you so strongly insist is a requirement.

Store clerks, vehicle drivers, most desk jobs, restaurant employees (kitchen/servers/busmen), equipment/building maintenance, and just about every needed worker does not need university education. The jobs you favour are nice but not in the majority they are few and limited opportunities.

I was angered by a Teacher (at a convention) who was literally crying because she couldn't live on the 36,000$US wage she was receiving. I was making 1.35$US per hour at the time.

I was angered by an Unemployed applicant (Engineer) who wanted the Manager of a Video Store to sign his 'seeking work' state form who demanded the Manager sign the from even though he had stated he wouldn't take the job, because the job was beneath his educational status.

I was angered, when a 'Well to Do" business woman in that same Video Store made a nasty comment to a clerk (who was quickly handling a line of customers) to, "Hurray up, I have a REAL job to get back to!" 

I was dismayed at the Awards category of "Most likely to work at McDonald's". Implying that any such employment is degrading.

I am disgusted with Educated people claiming that the Uni-Degree will magically enhance everyone's wages. This is true if there are not enough people of a specific skill level for the jobs available.

The original educational requirements were to keep the Minority people out of the work place. As the Minority people gained better education the requirements increased until now a College degree is needed for jobs easily accomplished by mere secondary (or lower) levels.

Many more graduates of Technical Schools are needed, but the stigma is evident.

We don't need ten thousand Rocket Scientists when we do need  ten thousand HVAC people and many more vehicle mechanics, et cetera.

The idea of Higher Education  is being shoved down the throats of the people, where Useful Education is needed.

The culture of a country, a person never heard of, is not as necessary as the ability to count change.

I had the experience of purchasing 16.43$US worth of items. I handed the clerk 21.43$. She just stood there looking at the money in her hand and at the register read out, totally confused. After a minute she handed back the 1.43$ and proceeded to give me the change the register told her to. So much for maths ability. Yes, when I asked she was a college graduate.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Again, your highly educated existence has little relation to the real working world.

And at that moment, you lost me. How do you define the "real working world", then? Given that pretty much every menial job is based off and therefore entirely dependent on non-menial jobs this is either a case of you failing to see the bigger picture or being deliberately obtuse to try and make some point. I'm totally flummoxed as to which, though.

The pyramid of education with your thinking is a serious one. The majority of work in the real world has the unwashed masses doing the support work. Basic employment does not require the High Education of which you so strongly insist is a requirement.

I hate to press a previous point, but these "menial tasks", done by the "unwashed masses" you refer to are derived from less menial work. I mean, sure, you could probably have something resembling a functioning society with no tertiary education, but I doubt it would be very successful. Also, can you f*cking quit it with the straw men arguments? It's not big, it's not clever, and it reflects really badly on you. At no point have I said that that everyone needs a university education. That's patently false. My point was that people with the same anti-intellectual bias as you who claims that education does nothing kind of ignore the entirety of f*cking human history to make this point as without education knowledge cannot be imparted. Or, to put it another way, all "education" is is the imparting of knowledge on people who have the capacity and desire to use that knowledge.

I am disgusted with Educated people claiming that the Uni-Degree will magically enhance everyone's wages. This is true if there are not enough people of a specific skill level for the jobs available.

No-one educated claims this, though. The claim that, on average, university graduates earn more than non-graduates is entirely true. The claim that, on average, university graduates have higher employment rates than non-graduates is true. Can you point out the part of my argument in which I claimed or insinuated that degrees magically make everyone richer?

The rest of your argument, as usual, is composed of equal parts hyperbole, irrelevant anecdotes and sputum. Congratulations for entirely f*cking missing the point, too.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well I'd like to say it all depends on what culture/society you live in. Technically the answer is no as all you really need in order to live is food, water and of course air.

But if you're talking about education in order to live in the current society it depends really, I make a living selling 3D models and tbh I have no education so that proves education ain't all that it makes out to be but it does apparently help you in some way.

I remember hearing someone was turned down from a job because he was "over-qualified" (True story)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users