Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by ExtremoMania, 02 November 2013 - 09:24 AM.

This 'new forum' doesn't seem to concern itself with new names. As if the old topics are archived and thus unchangeable.

I noticed on some members who renamed their usernames, their old usernames still pops on the read feeds (IDK what you call it) when it should be their current usernames that is supposed to be. Is this some bug and is anyone conscious of it?

You only change your display name, not your log in name, which is what the forum uses to show who's currently reading the thread.

Thanks for the details dudes. Apparently I am still able to log my name despite me using a new display name.  :)

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Is there anyway to "bypass" accepting the terms and conditions on XBL?
I can't accept it on Xbox and Xbox.com because I have to use the Parent account and I don't know the password and it won't let me recover the password

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

If you don't accept the terms, why should they let you in?

It is a contract, if the user isn't willing to accept they don't have to deliver.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by jln22, 02 November 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Hey I need some help for my English homework. I am not good with grammar...

Okay, the exercise says to choose the correct form.

1. In those days the unions used to/had used to go on strike whenever there was/was being a problem.

2. After they were buying/had bought the company, they started/were starting to make a lot of people redundant.

3. Jack used to have/was having a Mac, but then he used to change/changed to PC.

4. I asked about my package in reception, but they said/were saying that it still hadn't arrived/wasn't arriving.

5. I was sure that I used to lock/had locked the door to my office last night, but it was/had been opened this morning.

6. I'm sure that the winters used to be/had been colder when I was a child. I remember that we used to walk/were walking to school in the snow every winter.

7. I had gone/went back to the restaurant to look for my umbrella, but found/was finding that someone took/had taken it.

8. When George saw/was seeing Diane at the seminar, he knew/was knowing that he met/had met her somewhere before.

9. While I had/was having breakfast I looked/was looking at the financial pages to see the share prices. I saw/was seeing that my original investment grew/had grown by 40%.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Ciaran., 02 November 2013 - 01:14 PM.

-------Nevermind----

Its working again!

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 02 November 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Let me answer that for you. Actually it's kind of easy if I tell you. I can easily tell the right answer and wrong one.

Answer is in bold text.

1. In those days the unions used to to go on strike whenever there was a problem.
2. After they had bought the company, they were starting to make a lot of people redundant.
3. Jack used to have a Mac, but then he changed to PC.
4. I asked about my package in reception, but they said that it still hadn't arrived.
5. I was sure that I had locked the door to my office last night, but it had been opened this morning.
6. I'm sure that the winters used to be colder when I was a child. I remember that we were walking to school in the snow every winter.
7. I had gone to the restaurant to look for my umbrella, but found that someone had taken it.
8. When George saw Diane at the seminar, he knew that he had met her somewhere before.
9. While I was having breakfast I was looking at the financial pages to see the share prices. I saw that my original investment grew by 40%.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Let's say I own a property in GTA:O, but I buy a new one... Will I get back the money I spent on the first property?

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Let's say I own a property in GTA:O, but I buy a new one... Will I get back the money I spent on the first property?

You'll get half of the money you spent on the first property back.

• Shah Sam likes this

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is it weird to sort of like being alone? Like I feel lonely alot, but I sort of enjoy it because I'm starting to hate most of my friends. I could chill out and smoke weed and just think. Idk. I want someone's opinion. 

Spoiler

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Is it weird to sort of like being alone? Like I feel lonely alot, but I sort of enjoy it because I'm starting to hate most of my friends. I could chill out and smoke weed and just think. Idk. I want someone's opinion. 

That's what introversion is supposed to be. It's definitely not weird or uncommon, it's just that not many people admit that they prefer to be alone when they're around other people. :^:

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Spoiler

You're certainly not...alone (thank you, thank you very much)...in this thinking. Often I just want to be by myself and do my own thing without the feeling of having to entertain somebody; be it conversation, and/or sharing my booze, or performing that male-to-female genitalia trick. This is one of the reasons I try to avoid romantic relationships (that's what I tell myself anyway to plug up the tears). Word of warning though: be careful, as if you're anything like me, too much isolation will eventually mutate you into a miserable, cynical bastard.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Spoiler

You're certainly not...alone (thank you, thank you very much)...in this thinking. Often I just want to be by myself and do my own thing without the feeling of having to entertain somebody; be it conversation, and/or sharing my booze, or performing that male-to-female genitalia trick. This is one of the reasons I try to avoid romantic relationships (that's what I tell myself anyway to plug up the tears). Word of warning though: be careful, as if you're anything like me, too much isolation will eventually mutate you into a miserable, cynical bastard.

I actually been down that path my freshman year. I'm trying to stay positive this time though. :)

Grantyy
  • Grantyy

Glitch Master

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

cant find them anywhere even on ebay, so idk what its worth lol

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

"Yes It would make an awesome gift.....

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Ask yuh mudda!

jack-warner---ask-yuh-mudda_o_1230084.jp

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by F4L?, 05 November 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Just an FYI PS3 doesn't use region locking, so it is of no consequence if your PS3 is Japanese, , or Afghani, so don't bother adding it into your search terms, or sale description. Please note however that DVD's are region locked still, so US DVD's won't play on a Japanese PS3, I recommend leaving that out of your advertisement, a DVD player costs like 10 bucks so I doubt anyone will kick up a stink about that.
I found a result instantly on Ebay Australia for a white 320GB slim with 10 games, 5 controllers and two singstar microphones for $230 AUD (current bid 3d left), in the US you would expect that to sell for about $50-100 USD less, I imagine Japanese prices are relatively low as well.

So basically your PS3 slim is worth Jack sh*t even if it is moderately rare.

Here is the PS3 Slim Australia link to you know that i'm not just trying to upset you, you're welcome for the help.

http://www.ebay.com....cdd1a518&_uhb=1

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

Anybody know what download and upload speeds I should be getting with BT Infinity 2? I'm currently on 17mbps download and 17.9mbps for upload. I find it strange how my upload is higher, normally the other way around isn't it? 

So yeah I'm just wondering if this is much lower than I should be getting with Infinity 2 because it is damn expensive.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

How long is a piece of string? All depends on the length and quality of the copper/aluminium cable between the junction box and your house.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

How long is a piece of string? All depends on the length and quality of the copper/aluminium cable between the junction box and your house.

Well considering I was on 55+mbps when I first got it, surely it shouldn't go down that much? And it's not a one off, been like that for some time, maybe a couple of months.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

So, I've been using the computer a lot lately, and in April-May I noticed that the blood-vessels in my eyes started to become red (nothing serious, just some of those red lines, and it kind of "burns" some times). I continued staying up late while I was using my computer (I did homework). When the summer-vacation started I did the same thing, but I didn't have to wake up early to go to school. The red vessels disappeard, and I started to wonder if this had anything to do with the combination of using the computer and not getting enough sleep.

Now I'm getting those red blood-vessels again, and I'm not even staying up late (I'm going to sleep around 11 PM). Today I even noticed that my eyesight on my right eye is blurry.

So tell me e-doctors: Is this just a temporary thing, or is my eyesight really going to get worse?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think it has to do with the amount of time you are in front of the screen of your computer...

...that or the amount of grass you've been smoking
  • Shah Sam likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

I think it has to do with the amount of time you are in front of the screen of your computer...

...that or the amount of grass you've been smoking

But I did the same thing in the summer, and nothing happened to my eyes (I'm talking 'bout the computer-part :p )

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well, I used to have the same problem when I spent whole days playing during vacations and sleeping a fairly good amount of time.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I doubt it is the computer. I've spent a few decades of staring into a computer everyday all day.

Lots of stuff can give you red eye. In my case it is usually allergies.

I'm really just responding to recommend Clear Eyes - Cooling Comfort. It will get rid of any redness and it has the bonus of menthol. I've been living on it every night since GTAO came out.
  • Shah Sam likes this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Now I'm getting those red blood-vessels again, and I'm not even staying up late (I'm going to sleep around 11 PM). Today I even noticed that my eyesight on my right eye is blurry.

So tell me e-doctors: Is this just a temporary thing, or is my eyesight really going to get worse?

Does sound like it can be eye strain. The factors could be anything from the type of monitor, to resolution/size, to distance you are from the screen, to the lighting conditions in the room, and even positions you typically sit in. Variations in any of these could have made it better/worse.

I have to spend a lot of time with the computer, and I found that using a 42" TV for the screen and sitting a few feet from the screen helps make it much easier on my eyes. Human eyes are really not designed for staring at something 2' away for hours on.

P.S. Types of activity/game can also make a lot of difference. Things that require your eyes to move around the screen tend to be better than games that require you to keep your eyes at the same spot. (Many shooters, for example.)

Oh, and if you notice any sudden changes, you should always check in with an eye doctor. There is a risk of glaucoma, and you don't want something like that unchecked.
  • Shah Sam likes this

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

What's with all the blocked sites now days? Even beemp3 is blocked now

Any info why so many sites has been blocked and it's not my computer that's the problem either

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Any info why so many sites has been blocked and it's not my computer that's the problem either

Not blocked for me. So maybe it is your machine or security software?

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not blocked for me. So maybe it is your machine or security software?

I've checked them on 2 different PC's and checked my settings but everything's as it's always been

I have a feeling that maybe it has something to do with my country as a few of my contacts also noticed the "Error - Site blocked" thing that appears

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Stromae, 08 November 2013 - 06:46 PM.

It might be blocked by your ISP with DNS blocking. Try using OpenDNS and see if it helps. :)

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-24726078

Psst.. Opera Turbo ;)

• Gray Wolf likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users