• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,848 replies to this topic
The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

AAAH stupid computer. I'm having lots of problems lately involving running games.

I'll try to open a game running off DirectX. It begins to load, then goes black to enter fullscreen. That's normal. Right after that it kicks me out of fullscreen back to the desktop, and the game's icon will be sitting on the taskbar, running.

When I try to click my way back in, the screen goes black, and then immediately kicks me out again, with the game's sounds popping at random spurts. I have to close out of the window through task manager from there. Nearly every game I tried to open did the same thing until I started filming it, of course.

This has been happening since the end of August. Someone said somewhere it meant I needed a new graphics card. If so, then the one I bought is damn worthless. It's barely lasted me 6 months with very little actual game playing.

My question really comes down to... what can I do about this?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Try the tech chat thread, but sounds like a driver issue to me. Roll back and install the latest GPU drivers.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Why hasn't gtav.net been updated since 30th September 2013?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

@sivispacem

I'm looking to spend no more than 60, but might be pushed to 70 for the right product. It's not anything I plan on using frequently, just something for occasionally relaxing to. But my main requirement is the bass. Not that thuddy, tinny bass, but deep, surrounding bass, like what the Beats by Dre produce.

I ran your recommendations by my brother - who is a music production enthusiast - and while he claimed the Sennheiser HD380 headsets are complete sh*te (his words), he did say the AKG 452s are really good, so I'll definitely check out some reviews. He also mentioned a brand titled 'Monster'; have you heard of them?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 29 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

^ Monster is a cable (AV wires, not television service) company that sells over-priced cables with the excuse that they're high-speed, or gold-plated. They were also the ones who produced Beats headphones in the first place (since last year beats has been manufacturing them themselves). Your brother might have been referring to Beats as Monster headphones.

The headphones they do sell don't look all that impressive either.

• John Smith likes this

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Am I the only one surprised (and annoyed) by the fact that It's almost 2014 and there's still no way to reply to YouTube comments when on a mobile device? Or is there a way?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by sivispacem, 29 October 2013 - 09:40 PM.

@sivispacem

I'm looking to spend no more than 60, but might be pushed to 70 for the right product. It's not anything I plan on using frequently, just something for occasionally relaxing to. But my main requirement is the bass. Not that thuddy, tinny bass, but deep, surrounding bass, like what the Beats by Dre produce.

I ran your recommendations by my brother - who is a music production enthusiast - and while he claimed the Sennheiser HD380 headsets are complete sh*te (his words), he did say the AKG 452s are really good, so I'll definitely check out some reviews. He also mentioned a brand titled 'Monster'; have you heard of them?

Any half-decent headphone from a premium manufacturer is (or should be) capable of producing bass as good or better than Dres. Dres tend to be very overdriven, which makes the bass flabby rather than crisp, the same way that cheap subwoofers do. I recommended the HD380s purely because they're quite bass-heavy; they're not very well balanced for general listening but suit certain musical styles, like D&B, hardcore, dubstep ect ect quite well because of it. 

The AKGs are very balanced and neutral sounding. Bass isn't so much "pounding" as "realistic", which means if you're listening to music that is well produced (I.E a fair bit of electronic music to be honest) they give the impression of being very bassy. Basically they respond well to good production, but a word of warning- they sound utterly sh*t with low-fi recordings or low-quality MP3 tracks. They've got no overdriving or distortion of the sound to disguise poor compression or poor recording.

The Grados are phenomenal but you can't really use them in public because they're open-backed and extremely leaky. Sitting next to someone wearing Grados is like sitting next to someone playing music on a mid 2000s Nokia, they leak so badly. Absolutely amazing headphones, but solely for home audio consumption unless you want people punching you on trains.

I've only heard of Monster in the context of selling overpriced cables to gullible fools. Never knew they made headphones too.

• John Smith likes this

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 29 October 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Am I the only one surprised (and annoyed) by the fact that It's almost 2014 and there's still no way to reply to YouTube comments when on a mobile device? Or is there a way?

Still no option to while using the Android app. A lot of things Google do to YouTube often annoys me. Most recent adding an extra step to change the quality. Just why?

@sivispacem

I've been using the Shure SRH 440's recently and have really started to like them. They can be had for under £70 and sound better than anything I've previously owned. I'm not an expert with audio though so I can't go into depth about them, but I'd recommend taking a look.

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

@sivispacem

Excellent description and advice.  :^:

It's mostly ambient, or progressive, or deep house music and electronica that I listen to, and I only purchase the straight-from-the-proprietor tracks to ensure maximum quality, so the AKGs sound more suited to my taste

@illegal_luggage

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the feedback my friend.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

@sivispacem

Excellent description and advice.  :^:

It's mostly ambient, or progressive, or deep house music and electronica that I listen to, and I only purchase the straight-from-the-proprietor tracks to ensure maximum quality, so the AKGs sound more suited to my taste

@illegal_luggage

I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for the feedback my friend.

One other thing of note, you'll have to bed/break them in properly before you listen to them. My usual technique is link them up to the PC at a volume just beyond what I'd consider too loud to listen to, and play music through them for a solid 24 or so hours. It's a contentious issue, but most people seem to agree that they don't really sound "right" until you've put at least a 24 hours worth of music through them. Some people claim as long as 100 hours but to be honest I can't tell the difference. I can tell the difference between straight-out-of-the-box and 24 hours worth of breaking in, though- tends to be much crisper and sharper, more neutral ect.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Does anybody else have problems with that notification button? Clicked it about a dozen times and it keeps taking me to some sh*tty gifgaff advert page and doesn't take me to my notifications.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

For some reason on this topic

http://gtaforums.com...cussion-thread/

The edge of the banner is cut out. Here is the original image.

http://i.imgur.com/dOqUC7c.jpg

Any ideas why?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Any ideas why?

It works fine for me.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Any ideas why?

It works fine for me.

So you see yellow all around the picture?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:39 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 30 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Works fine for me, too.

Edit: Yep, there's a yellow border around it for me.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

This seems like as good a place as any to ask.

On GTA: online, is there a way to get rid of a car you've got full insurance coverage for?

I've got a 6 car garage, and I want to make room by getting rid of one of my less favoured cars. What do i do?

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by NCONiall, 30 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

@The Odyssey

You need to collapse the sidebar, or click the image itself to see it fully.

@GTA_Stu

I think you can just drive whatever car you want into your garage and it will ask which car you want it to replace. If you want to rid yourself of the car to make physical room, you could try destroying it and just never make a claim on it.

• GTA_stu likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Wait... Can I put a tracker and buy insurance on more than one car? 

How am I supposed to not lose them if I have many cars (when I buy a garage).

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by trip, 30 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Wait... Can I put a tracker and buy insurance on more than one car? 

How am I supposed to not lose them if I have many cars (when I buy a garage).

Yes you can and should put a tracker and insure all of your cars. You pretty much can leave your car anywhere when you exit online - it will be in your garage when you get back on line.

E:
@stu. You may want to drive any cars you don't want anymore to LSCustoms and see if they'll buy it. I'm not sure you get any cash when you roll up to your garage and it asks you which car you want to replace it with.
  • Shah Sam likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

@GTA_stu 

If it's not one of the premium models, you can just sell it in LS Customs. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Could an undercover cop kill innocent or unrelated people in order to not blow his cover?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Could an undercover cop kill innocent or unrelated people in order to not blow his cover?

Of course not.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

Of course not. Was the answer years ago. But, now it depends on what is going on. The test for new gang members is to kill someone to prove a prospective member isn't a cop.

However, with the new world thinking it might not be so anymore.

Think about it with todays ethics. Will killing one or two 'innocents' really be so bad when the cop can 'take down' a whole gang of killers?

The Government has no compunctions about killing civilians in a "War" zone, so why not in domestic "war on crime/drugs"?

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

I noticed on some members who renamed their usernames, their old usernames still pops on the read feeds (IDK what you call it) when it should be their current usernames that is supposed to be. Is this some bug and is anyone conscious of it?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

This 'new forum' doesn't seem to concern itself with new names. As if the old topics are archived and thus unchangeable.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I noticed on some members who renamed their usernames, their old usernames still pops on the read feeds (IDK what you call it) when it should be their current usernames that is supposed to be. Is this some bug and is anyone conscious of it?

You only change your display name, not your log in name, which is what the forum uses to show who's currently reading the thread.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

How can I fix PSP DNS error? Ever since I got an upgrade (and ISP sent and installed a new router), whenever I try to connect to internet, it sucessfully Obtains IP Address and a few seconds later I get DNS Error.

I tried restoring default setttings, resetting router, Switching WLAN On/Off and re-adding the connection like a billion times. None worked :(

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Im trying to embed or upload an audio only file to this site as I want to post something for people to listen to. How can I do this without going through youtube?

Youtube requires me to make a video format out of audio which I cannot do. Please help me out its driving me crazy.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 01 November 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Embedding won't work with GTAF's bbcode, but you can upload the sound to another site and link users to the upload.

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/

Dropcanvas - http://dropcanvas.com/

Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/

All allow audio file sharing for free with an account sign up. Sioundcloud and dropbox both allow people to play the audio on their website rather than download it themselves. You don't have to sign up for dropcanvas to share, but with an anonymous account the file uploaded has to be under 1 GB, and it'll expire in three days.

• johnny_zoo likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Embedding won't work with GTAF's bbcode, but you can upload the sound to another site and link users to the upload.

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/

Dropcanvas - http://dropcanvas.com/

Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/

All allow audio file sharing for free with an account sign up. Sioundcloud and dropbox both allow people to play the audio on their website. You don't have to sign up for dropcanvas to share, but with an anonymous account the file uploaded has to be under 1 GB, and it'll expire in three days.

Thanks dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users