• Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Is there PS3 compability on PS4? at least as a tool or something?

There is a service called Gaikai, which is able to stream PS3 games on the PlayStation 4. But other than that, PS3 titles are not supported natively by the PS4 due the architectural differences of both platforms.

Why is Gen-chat so inactive nowadays?

I would say that are two possible reasons; one would be that GTAV was released three weeks ago, and GTA Online launched just recently, and the other reason would be that the sub-forums of the off-topic section moved to Gen Chat, while Gen Chat appears right after clicking on "Off Topic" on the board index.

The former one seems more likely to me.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

How do you put your mask on in GTA online after I bought the mask?

hold select to bring up the interactions then go into inventory, it will be there :)

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I want to buy the Blue Yeti USB Mic for recording instruments, but also vocals.

The mic needs to have strong bass note recording, and I believe the Blue Yeti has a bass-boost when you sing very close to it.

Does anyone know similar microphones which are USB and have the same or higher recording quality, but aren't more expensive?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

From what I've read, NO. They want you to Buy... buy new games. You've had too much fun with the old ones, so they aren't making enough money.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

From what I've read, NO. They want you to Buy... buy new games. You've had too much fun with the old ones, so they aren't making enough money.

0.jpg

-maddog-
  • -maddog-

- SkyBum -

• The Connection
  • Norway

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

100 online cookies to whoever knows what song is playing in the BEGINNING of this clip.. Not "Born in the USA"

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by trip, 06 October 2013 - 12:19 AM.

@mad-dog.  Damn, I wish I could help.  As painful as it was to watch the dudes in the video, that song was pretty solid. 

Why is Gen-chat so inactive nowadays?

I would say that are two possible reasons; one would be that GTAV was released three weeks ago, and GTA Online launched just recently, and the other reason would be that the sub-forums of the off-topic section moved to Gen Chat, while Gen Chat appears right after clicking on "Off Topic" on the board index.

The former one seems more likely to me.

Yup.  Everyone is currently living on line.  I'm only here now because there is a hockey game on plus I had a physically demanding day and I really think I am too physically exhausted to jump on line.  It was a tough call.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by Werebot85, 06 October 2013 - 08:54 AM.

100 online cookies to whoever knows what song is playing in the BEGINNING of this clip.. Not "Born in the USA"

It's Walk the Night by Rackstarz. (Original by Skatt Bros) Love the music!!!

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by jln22, 06 October 2013 - 05:27 AM.

So last night it's been an earthquake and everybody posted on Facebook like f*cking usual. Now I wanna post something to tease them a bit, anyone has any ideas?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by Werebot85, 06 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Nevermind, fixed (I think)

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by finn4life, 06 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

So last night it's been an earthquake and everybody posted on Facebook like f*cking usual. Now I wanna post something to tease them a bit, anyone has any ideas?

Use this meme and change the caption. This is one I used when there was an "Earthquake" in my city, most people didn't even notice it but everyone made a big deal out of it.
frabz-2012-Canberra-earthquake-we-will-r

Here is the original image without the captions, just make one on quickmeme and print screen the image and crop it in paint or whatever.

http://smc.temple.ed...8/130727318.jpg

Question of my own, Where is the newbie guide? I can't use these new features very well, particularly quoting which seems to be broken, I can't click off the quote box afterwards and the like, also my coloured text regularly vanishes.

-maddog-
  • -maddog-

- SkyBum -

• The Connection
  • Norway

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by -maddog-, 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM.

It's Walk the Night by Rackstarz. (Original by Skatt Bros) Love the music!!!

As promised!

zuvg.png

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 06 October 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Just out of curiosity, where did it happen?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

As promised!

zuvg.png

Hell.... YESSSSS!!!!

cookie-monster-eating-o.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Is there any plug-in for Chrome or something to avoid pop up sites?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

ScriptSafe, which is basically noscript for chrome, will disable all scripts including iframes and popups.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just out of curiosity, where did it happen?

Romania.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

ScriptSafe, which is basically noscript for chrome, will disable all scripts including iframes and popups.

Well, it worked putting end to these popping up damn advertising sites. However, it did also affect the main site and it couldn't load so I had to uninstall it (it's one of these video uploading sites, I'm trying to watch some series but everytime I click to stop or load it 20 suspicious sites pop up... -.-).

Thank you anyway.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

You have to permit sites and scripts like you do with NoScript, you should just be able to right click on content to run it.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Has there ever been a Bullworth mod for GTA thats released? I've been searching for it and only found unfinished ones.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ok, I'm going to sound very, very, pathetic in this question, but I do need some help.

Ok, so there was this girl I met over the summer through her sister. She was 14 and I was 16. We started talking for a couple weeks, and found out that we liked each other. So we "talked" for about a couple weeks, then I asked her out and she said yes. This was my first girlfriend and I was really excited/shy. So, it was going all good, then I went to LA for Labor Day weekend, and I didn't see her for like 4 days. So, the day after I got back, I saw her at school, and we hung out like we normally did, and I gave her a box of girl scout cookies when I first saw her,and she smiled and said thanks and gave me a kiss. So, at lunch she was acting a little weird by not talking much, and when I dropped her off at her class, she didn't say anything at all. So after that class, I got a text from her saying "Sorry, but I wanna focus on school, and I want to break up". So after that I just got IDK, like I was just confused and just sad. It's been like a month later and I'm not over it, and I still want her, but I don't even know like what to say to her, or even if I should. Can someone give some advice.

TL;DR: I dated a girl, she was my first girlfriend/kiss, we dated for a couple weeks, I went out off town for like 4 days, I got back, she started acting weird, dumped me over text, 1 month later I'm not over it, and I don't know whether to say what I feel, or just move on. 

Spoiler

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:45 AM Edited by Antagonista, 10 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

New question.

I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and I've run into one problem so far.

It's my headphones. The quality sucks, it sounds like the voices are super far away when I use them, but the beat is really close. The speakers are fine, I have all the updated drivers and such. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I'm probably better off to ask this in Tech and PC chat, but I'll post this here for now.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by zoo3891, 10 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

New question.

It's my headphones. The quality sucks, it sounds like the voices are super far away when I use them, but the beat is really close. The speakers are fine, I have all the updated drivers and such. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I'm probably better off to ask this in Tech and PC chat, but I'll post this here for now.

Did you check the properties for your speakers in (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound)? It sounds like you might have a weird equalization option turned on by accident or automatically by Windows.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

So what more exactly is hair loss that leads to baldness? Like a pillow covered by hairs, up in the morning when you wake up? Or like hair loss when you pull your hair? I'm seriously worried about this, because dad was bald and my hairs are falling too easy than what they used to fall before. I am not sure if it's stress or a cycle that goes on with my hair, or it's a beginning of hair loss.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

So what more exactly is hair loss that leads to baldness? Like a pillow covered by hairs, up in the morning when you wake up? Or like hair loss when you pull your hair? I'm seriously worried about this, because dad was bald and my hairs are falling too easy than what they used to fall before. I am not sure if it's stress or a cycle that goes on with my hair, or it's a beginning of hair loss.

If you wake up with a fair bit of hair on your pillow, I'd say you're going bald buddy, don't pull it out, it'll most likely worsen the situation. I suggest you chill the f*ck out, it sucks a bit I'm sure, but it's not really that bad, your friends or family won't really care, it's usually yourself who cares too much.
See a dermatologist, they can often help.

I remember my balding science teacher used to say (jokingly) that he was only balding because he was genetically more advanced than other humans and that us full haired humans were more closely related to monkeys than he was haha. It was quite funny. If you do go bald, learn how to take and make jokes about it, it shows you're still a fun person and your baldness isn't important.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM.

In all seriousness, there are surgical processes which with you can graft hair in your head from other parts of your body (I rather not to know from where ;) ). I've seen balding politicians with more hair as the time went by...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

What Causes Hair Loss?

Doctors don't know why certain hair follicles are programmed to have a shorter growth period than others. However, several factors may influence hair loss:

• Hormones, such as abnormal levels of androgens (male hormones normally produced by both men and women)
  • Genes, from both male and female parents, may influence a person's predisposition to male or female pattern baldness.
  • Stress, illness, and childbirth can cause temporary hair loss. Ringworm caused by a fungal infection can also cause hair loss.
  • Drugs, including chemotherapy drugs used in cancer treatment, blood thinners, beta-adrenergic blockers used to control blood pressure, and birth control pills, can cause temporary hair loss.
  • Burns, injuries, and X-rays can cause temporary hair loss. In such cases, normal hair growth usually returns once the injury heals.
  • Autoimmune disease may cause alopecia areata. In alopecia areata, the immune system revs up for unknown reasons and affects the hair follicles. In most people with alopecia areata, the hair grows back, although it may temporarily be very fine and possibly a lighter color before normal coloration and thickness return.
  • Cosmetic procedures, such as shampooing too often, perms, bleaching, and dyeing hair can contribute to overall hair thinning by making hair weak and brittle. Tight braiding, using rollers or hot curlers, and running hair picks through tight curls can also damage and break hair. However, these procedures don't cause baldness. In most instances hair grows back normally if the source of the problem is removed. Still, severe damage to the hair or scalp sometimes causes permanent bald patches.
  • Medical conditions. Thyroid disease, lupus, diabetes, iron deficiency, and anemia can cause hair loss, but when the underlying condition is treated the hair will return.
  • Diet. A low-protein diet or severely calorie-restricted diet can also cause temporary hair loss.

http://www.webmd.com...s-basics?page=2

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by GTA_stu, 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Some extra hairs on your pillow doesn't necessarily mean anything. Can you actually notice any difference in the hair on your head? Have noticed any thinning or receding?

I'm receding, although on top of my head is fine. I think of it as like having a dying pet, you've just got to make every moment count and prepare yourself for the horrible inevitable end. You see them gradually waste away and it's heartbreaking, sometimes it's better to just pull the plug early and spare further suffering, and shave it all off. 

• F4L? likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Some extra hairs on your pillow doesn't necessarily mean anything. Can you actually notice any difference in the hair on your head? Have noticed any thinning or receding?

I'm receding, although on top of my head is fine. I think of it as like having a dying pet, you've just got to make every moment count and prepare yourself for the horrible inevitable end. You see them gradually waste away and it's heartbreaking, sometimes it's better to just pull the plug early and spare further suffering, and shave it all off. 

That happens to me every now and then. But then again, I don't worry about it too much since I've got enough hair to feed two and a half African children.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

New question.

Did you check the properties for your speakers in (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound)? It sounds like you might have a weird equalization option turned on by accident or automatically by Windows.

well.. there is equalization option on. but i set that on myself.. this is so frustrating :c

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users