Have A Question? V2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Has anybody preordered from Amazon before? how much can I trust their release date guarantee?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Has anybody preordered from Amazon before? how much can I trust their release date guarantee?

About as far as you can throw

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by lil weasel, 09 September 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Are you buying from Amazon.com or another vendor through Amazon.com?

Does any 'pre-order' help You out. You're giving your money to someone who will collect the interest on it as you wait.

Pre-Orders help the Publisher know how many units to produce. Which minimizes over-stock problems. That is supposed to in turn ensure delivery to all customers. But, having been in the retail business means that the Vendor may reduce the actual purchase by a percentage to account for no-shows. Somewhat like overbooking seats on an airline.

My advice is to wait for the normal production, wait for the other buyers to report on how 'buggy' the first edition is. (Unless you're a collector who has no intention to actually play the game.)

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by Werebot85, 09 September 2013 - 07:58 AM.

I've asked this somewhere else, but didn't get a reply, so I'll ask here.

To those using the mobile version of this site, how can I edit one of my posts and how do I quote someone? I'm not seeing any edit or quote buttons...

(Just 2 of the reasons why I'm using the full site, but sometimes when I'm in a hurry I use the mobile version because it's so much faster for me)

Edit: wait, found them on my Opera Mini browser!!! I had to click on my post to edit or click on someone else's to quote. But still, it's not working on my default browser. Anyway, Solved by myself haha

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

So, what's going on with the table tags? Are they going to be fixed soon?

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Are you buying from Amazon.com or another vendor through Amazon.com?

Does any 'pre-order' help You out. You're giving your money to someone who will collect the interest on it as you wait.

Pre-Orders help the Publisher know how many units to produce. Which minimizes over-stock problems. That is supposed to in turn ensure delivery to all customers. But, having been in the retail business means that the Vendor may reduce the actual purchase by a percentage to account for no-shows. Somewhat like overbooking seats on an airline.

My advice is to wait for the normal production, wait for the other buyers to report on how 'buggy' the first edition is. (Unless you're a collector who has no intention to actually play the game.)

I only asked because I can get GTA V and the bradyguide for £45 including "guaranteed release date" delivery.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Okay two things.

1. Games have patches now, if the first edition is buggy, it will be patched, all editions are the same after patching.
2. Even before patches, it was incredibly rare that the developer fixed bugs for normal production, if you preordered, or bought the game 4 years later, it would still be identical.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

In my country, there's pretty much no laws regarding software piracy and such, a lot of electronic stores sell pirated copies cheaply and there's no issues. finding actual legal stores or game copies is very very rare. You don't find much programmers, and i don't think they would actually make much profit if their stuff get pirated easily. I'm wondering, what is necessary for the videogame/software industry to start and be active?

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Why are games so friggin' expensive on PSN?

They're charging £10 extra over the standard price for V, not to mention old games still being charged at between £30-£40.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Where did the announcements forum go to?

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by Hameer, 09 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Where did the announcements forum go to?

Probably hidden.

Will be back in a few weeks 

Spoiler
as Vanzant told previously.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Lux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

How much do the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere cost (the download versions)? The Adobe website is really confusing to navigate and I can't exactly tell what the prices are.

Also, holy hell, the latest version of Vegas Pro is so expensive.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

They're charging £10 extra over the standard price for V, not to mention old games still being charged at between £30-£40.

I hear ya, the same thing happens on Xbox digital games.

I believe the model is designed for people like me who have a few beers in the evening. Not joking. I've bought some bad sh*t out of drunken laziness.

Basically it is a tax for laziness. I wanted to play DeadRising 1 and Battlefield 3 but I didn't own copies of the games. I could have paid full retail and downloaded them like I normally do when I 'need' something now, but this time I was smart and just popped down to Gamestop and picked them up used. I think my total bill was bout 20 bucks.

Sorry for the ramble.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 09 September 2013 - 09:01 PM.

How much do the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere cost (the download versions)? The Adobe website is really confusing to navigate and I can't exactly tell what the prices are.

Adobe programs are now cloud-based, i.e. you have to pay a subscription fee to use them. Yup.

http://www.adobe.com...ying-guide.html

Yes, the adobe site is confusing. I'll also add that the transition to cloud-based sucks massively.

i.e. you can't pay to get a download version.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I believe the model is designed for people like me who have a few beers in the evening. Not joking. I've bought some bad sh*t out of drunken laziness.

Basically it is a tax for laziness. I wanted to play DeadRising 1 and Battlefield 3 but I didn't own copies of the games. I could have paid full retail and downloaded them like I normally do when I 'need' something now, but this time I was smart and just popped down to Gamestop and picked them up used. I think my total bill was bout 20 bucks.

Sorry for the ramble.

No sh*t......the last time I was smashed while gaming, playing Max Payne 3 if I remember correctly, I decided to look around the PS Store...before stumbling across San Andreas...which was available for download. Without thinking twice, I immediately purchased and downloaded it, despite me having a fully working PS2 + perfectly good copy of SA only an arms length away.

sh*t stung me £11.99 as well.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

I hate it, makes zero sense, they have so much less in overheads compared to a physical copy, and they still charge way more, which is why I haven't gone digital on consoles.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

So, what's going on with the table tags? Are they going to be fixed soon?

Just wait for a little bit, there's still alot of bugs they need to fix. That's probably in the works now.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Lux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Adobe programs are now cloud-based, i.e. you have to pay a subscription fee to use them. Yup.

http://www.adobe.com...ying-guide.html

Yes, the adobe site is confusing. I'll also add that the transition to cloud-based sucks massively.

i.e. you can't pay to get a download version.

Whaaat? I guess they did this to combat piracy, but I will never use their software again (at least not in a legit way). Greedy bastards.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sorry for the ramble.

Dude you should've just got play station plus, battlefield 3 was free on there and it's only £15 for 3 months.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sometimes when I add someone ass a friend, it comes up with a notification saying they accepted my friend request.
Do friend requests automatically get accepted? because I've never seen the option to decline one (not saying I want to)

Squidgyone
  • Squidgyone

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Who is R_Soul? he is listed as a led by in the V forums yet joined 4 days ago. Seems odd to me

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Sometimes when I add someone ass a friend, it comes up with a notification saying they accepted my friend request.
Do friend requests automatically get accepted? because I've never seen the option to decline one (not saying I want to)

Yeah, you can go here and the second line at the Friends option gives you the opportunity to approve people who added you as friends. You can turn it off and then you'll automatically become a "friend" with someone when he adds you.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Is there some super-genius here that can give me 50 examples of salts in chemistry, or at least a source for it? 

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

How do I upload images to the forums from my laptop (no url)?

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Try an img hosting site like http://imgur.com/.

• OchyGTA likes this

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by RadioIsotope, 10 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

How do I upload images to the forums from my laptop (no url)?

Use a popular image hosting site such as imgur.com

Edit - Beat me to it Tacymist

• OchyGTA likes this

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ok thanks guys. 

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia....alt_(chemistry)

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Lux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by _____, 10 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Do lawyers have to wear suits in court? I've seen this in many movies, the judge usually doesn't like it if they wear casual clothes, and sometimes lawyers are fined for that. Why is that? Why is it so important to wear a suit?

Also, my Status-4-Evar add-on for Firefox doesn't work anymore. It's enabled, but nothing that used to appear is there anymore.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Tycek, 10 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

They usually wear suits, out of respect for the court and people gathered there. Also they are more respectable looking that way. Would you like to be represented by man wearing shorts, hawaiian shirt, flip flops, sporting long beard and messy haircut?

Also I recall reading somewhere that people wearing smart clothes are far more convincing than people wearing something else and that's quite important in lawyers' job. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users