• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:44)

if your warn log is dirty then fix it.

How can we fix it?

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 00:50)

How can we fix it?

I didn't mean literally fix it, what I mean is stop being an idiot then your warn log wont be as long as your arm icon14.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

Your warn log is there to help you, if you think trying to run from it is the way to go, sucks for you. My warn log taught me that sarcasm isn't quite as obvious on the internet as it is in person.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (thebodies @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 19:50)

How can we fix it?

You don't. Your log is semi-permanent, if a mod(or is it an admin?) finds a mistake in the log, they can delete it. But chances are, they won't. Only way to get a truly clean log, is to start a new account. But tell the staff before you do it.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:57)
if a mod(or is it an admin?) finds a mistake in the log, they can delete it.

I believe Mods can give but not take back. So only Admins can remove Log entries.

@Smasske

Name changes aren't available due to technical reasons. They should be available after the new board launches. There's no ETA.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:52)
QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:57)
if a mod(or is it an admin?) finds a mistake in the log, they can delete it.

I believe Mods can give but not take back. So only Admins can remove Log entries.

@Smasske

Name changes aren't available due to technical reasons. They should be available after the new board launches. There's no ETA.

What's this new board you speak of?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 07:55)

The new version of GTANet (V1.5) will be the next update the forum will go through and it should bring several improvements. It's being made using pre-existing software but it will not be Invision Power Software. You see the bar at the top? The board is already in the process of being updated as we speak. Expect to see more changes over the following weeks/months.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 22:00)

The new version of GTANet (V1.5) will be the next update the forum will go through and it should bring several improvements. It's being made using pre-existing software but it will not be Invision Power Software. You see the bar at the top? The board is already in the process of being updated as we speak. Expect to see more changes over the following weeks/months.

And what kind of changes would I expect to see? Is there a topic somewhere that covers this in detail?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 13:15)
QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 22:00)

And what kind of changes would I expect to see? Is there a topic somewhere that covers this in detail?

No, if it happens it happens. The forum has been in an upgrade process for years now.

Just a lot of sh*t will improve, i'd say more on the moderator and admin side of things.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Why does the search bar never work but when it does it's completely useless?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by lil weasel, 22 July 2013 - 07:19 AM.

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:17)

Are you talking about the TOOL in the upper left or topic box at the bottom.
Use as few FOUR or more letter words as possible. Search titles first then content if nothing is found. Use + if the Must be there.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Will the UI of the forum also change with the new board?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hey, a little doubt I have, british designate someone from the UK and english just for England, am I correct?

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 23:38)
Hey, a little doubt I have, british designate someone from the UK and english just for England, am I correct?

Pretty much, yeah.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 12:17)

Because you don't know how to use it. I find it very useful. I used this topic to learn everything about how to use this feature properly. I just used the search function to find that topic for you just now. wink.gif Very effective tool if you know how to utilize it.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

user posted image

What is the name of the green font that says "Brasil" in the World Cup logo?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

^ As far as I can tell the font is not available anywhere. It may not even be a real font, if it's custom designed (it most likely is), the designer might have designed those letters in the word "Brasil" only.

You can search for similar fonts here: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
Paste the image URL there and then type the correct letters the site is supposed to identify in the boxes. Leave the boxes blank if no letter (from the word "Brasil") is identified.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 15:26)
^ As far as I can tell the font is not available anywhere. It may not even be a real font, if it's custom designed (it most likely is), the designer might have designed those letters in the word "Brasil" only.

You can search for similar fonts here: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
Paste the image URL there and then type the correct letters the site is supposed to identify in the boxes. Leave the boxes blank if no letter (from the word "Brasil") is identified.

Awesome! Didn't know about that website. Thanks _____!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

So I have this female friend of mine that I've known since middle school, we're 19 and she's engaged and from time to time we hook up, I know she has feelings for me and I was wondering if what I'm doing is wrong?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:12)
So I have this female friend of mine that I've known since middle school, we're 19 and she's engaged and from time to time we hook up, I know she has feelings for me and I was wondering if what I'm doing is wrong?

Well she seems to the one dong the cheating, unless you are involved with someone else in which case you're both naughty bunnies, still it depends on your own moral compass. I personally wouldn't want to be involved, but then I've not been in that situation and it depends on what feelings I had for her.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 20:12)

To be completely honest, if this is the way she treats her engagement, her marriage probably won't succeed.

It's still wrong in my opinion, but not as wrong if she had been married for a while.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

I have a few questions about playing the games released for the original Xbox on the Xbox 360. I read on Wikipedia that you need to download emulator profiles to be able to play the original Xbox games on the 360, and apparently you can download them on your PC and burn them on a CD\DVD and then load them on the console. Where can I download the emulator profiles? There's no Xbox Live where I live so I can't connect the console to the internet.

I don't have a 360 yet, but I'm thinking of buying one to play GTA III and Vice City. I'm wondering, is the emulation any good? I heard that Xbox games don't work so well on the 360.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 19:30)
I don't have a 360 yet, but I'm thinking of buying one to play GTA III and Vice City. I'm wondering, is the emulation any good? I heard that Xbox games don't work so well on the 360.

I have III and VC on disc to play on my 360. Everything works great. You have nothing to do with the emulator - my guess is the emulator is hardened into the Xbox os.

The only issue I had was having to buy a new HD. My first HD was a third party and Xbox originals will only work f you have an authentic MS HD.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:20 AM Edited by Method, 23 July 2013 - 07:25 AM.

I've got quite a weird question for the medical scholars that reside here.

I had been laying on my side earlier while placing two of my fingers into the right side of my upper-neck as a support for my head which caused such a weird sensation. I hadn't noticed anything until I had gone to get up which was followed by an immense sharp burning pain where I had had them. The area has since become numb but still exhibits a little pain when I move my head left and right and proceed to rub it.

This is really the only way I can describe where it happened:

user posted image

I'm not sure if I have stricken a lymph node or something to that degree as I don't think I've ever had anything of that sort occur before on any part of my body. Would anybody have any sort of insight or rational explanation?

Its almost fully gone now (in regard to not touching it) but it still has me totally baffled. monocle.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

I'm going to the dentist at 10:30 this morning but I've ran out of liquid benzocaine for my tooth, it's driving me up the f*cking wall. So bad that my entire left side of my face/head is throbbing. I've tried Motrin and later on alittle Ibuprofen, is there any remedies that work that any of you know about?

So far I've heard garlic cloves, gargle warm salt water and ball up a little bread and wedge onto tooth.. I've tried all and no ease of pain. I have 7hrs until my appointment, any relief would be f*cking amazing right now.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 02:43)
I'm going to the dentist at 10:30 this morning but I've ran out of liquid benzocaine for my tooth, it's driving me up the f*cking wall. So bad that my entire left side of my face/head is throbbing. I've tried Motrin and later on alittle Ibuprofen, is there any remedies that work that any of you know about?

So far I've heard garlic cloves, gargle warm salt water and ball up a little bread and wedge onto tooth.. I've tried all and no ease of pain. I have 7hrs until my appointment, any relief would be f*cking amazing right now.

Lay down, crack open some pop, and watch some funny ass movies. Do anything to take your mind off the pain, that's the biggest piece of advice I can give you.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by Hameer, 23 July 2013 - 10:53 AM.

QUOTE (Method)
Would anybody have any sort of insight or rational explanation?

Don't have any explanation but if it occurs in the future, have it x-rayed. Ice that area and probably get someone else to massage it. And most importantly go to the doctor who'll explain you the cause and maybe give you muscle relaxers.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 11:47)
QUOTE (Method)
Would anybody have any sort of insight or rational explanation?

Don't have any explanation but if it occurs in the future, have it x-rayed. Ice that area and probably get someone else to massage it. And most importantly go to the doctor who'll explain you the cause and maybe give you muscle relaxers.

It might be worth getting checked out professionally as lymph node cancer is very common for something that gets precisely f*ck all public attention. However, the most likely cause is a minor infection. When I'm run down, particularly if I'm getting 'flu, my lymphs tend to swell to about the size of golf balls. They can also get very sore without physically growing, and this tends to be when I've not had a good diet of fresh vegetables, red meat and oily fish- I think it's related to Zinc intake.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 02:58)
QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 19:30)

I have III and VC on disc to play on my 360. Everything works great. You have nothing to do with the emulator - my guess is the emulator is hardened into the Xbox os.

The only issue I had was having to buy a new HD. My first HD was a third party and Xbox originals will only work f you have an authentic MS HD.

Do you have Live though? If you do, the console might have downloaded the required files without you noticing. Here's what I read on Wikipedia:

QUOTE (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360)
According to Microsoft, each game needs an emulation profile to run. These profiles can be downloaded via the Xbox Live service or from Xbox.com and burned on CD or DVD recordable media. The profiles are downloaded as a single bundle, and hence only need to be applied once per update (if doing so offline), or are automatically downloaded the first time a compatible game is inserted.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

@ _____

Have you considered just getting Vice City and III on PC? I'm sure your PC meets the requirements, would be surprised if it doesn't. It's not difficult to get used to PC controls if you're worried about that. + You'll get higher FPS and you could mod your game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users