• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22,856 replies to this topic
Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk)
Was the Yardies ever an official gang in the same way $outh $ide Hoodz or the Zaibatsu etc are? I remember a few years back there used to seem to be Yardie representatives everywhere?

Yardies have never been an official group on GTAF only a gang icon14.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (s7free @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 18:21)
QUOTE (tms_junk)
Was the Yardies ever an official gang in the same way $outh $ide Hoodz or the Zaibatsu etc are? I remember a few years back there used to seem to be Yardie representatives everywhere?

Official group i meant, damn i always say gang lol!

It must of been the Jamaica flags on a lot of profiles then, i never used to take much notice back when i joined. Thanks icon14.gif

Moth
  • Moth

When life gives you lemons, nuke the planet.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 13:25)
QUOTE (tms_junk)

We are gangs, we just aren't the same kind of gangs that are in multiplayer forum.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:58)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 13:25)
QUOTE (tms_junk)

We are gangs, we just aren't the same kind of gangs that are in multiplayer forum.

I see i see icon14.gif
For someone who has been on this forum for over 5 years you'd think I'd be a bit more well versed.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

how many youtube videos can you embed in a single post here?

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

It's almost 2am, there is a huge impending thunderstorm with a possible tornado heading in about 5 minutes, I am in my darkened basement with no noise except the drone of my xbox, and I have read the most thought-provoking, well thought-out creepypasta ever.

My question to the fellow forumers: Will I manage to find sleep tonight, will I commit suicide, or will a whirlywind carry me off to a better place?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 05:51)
It's almost 2am, there is a huge impending thunderstorm with a possible tornado heading in about 5 minutes, I am in my darkened basement with no noise except the drone of my xbox, and I have read the most thought-provoking, well thought-out creepypasta ever.

My question to the fellow forumers: Will I manage to find sleep tonight, will I commit suicide, or will a whirlywind carry me off to a better place?

Just let the wind take you, you'll be in a higher place soon. icon14.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 05:51)
Will I manage to find sleep tonight, will I commit suicide, or will a whirlywind carry me off to a better place?

From what I just read... Suicide looks good smile.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Does anyone else get a Malware warning when clicking on my most recent posts? NateShaw and I do and apparently it's been doing it for quite some time, indicating it isn't an image i have posted.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 13 June 2013 - 08:07 AM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 08:45)
Does anyone else get a Malware warning when clicking on my most recent posts? NateShaw and I do and apparently it's been doing it for quite some time, indicating it isn't an image i have posted.

it has to be a post in your last page, so it is recent, make more posts and it may go
if that works then we will be able to narrow down what post it is because it will be your 26th (16 + 5 + 5) most recent post
then it can be ammended

the malware warning does not pop up in firefox, only chrome

NO MORE MALWARE
i know what post it is, the one where you posted the buggy and red car
on the
Show Your Vehicle /Dream Vehicle one of the images you posted must have been from a f*cked site

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I don't have Firefox.
Guess I'll just leave it then? tounge.gif

16 5 5

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 09:12)
I don't have Firefox.
Guess I'll just leave it then? tounge.gif

16 5 5

or you could nicely ask a mod or admin to delete the pictures

16 5 5

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 07:45)

I have it too, I want to see what other's posted dammit.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

A few days ago Windows XP wanted to update itself. As I was shutting down the PC the prompt thing came up asking if I'd like to shut it down without installing the updates. I clicked that option, went to work, and installed the updates when I came home. Now, every time I go to shut down my PC the same thing keeps popping up telling me I need to install the updates. I've tried doing it time and time again and nothing happens.

Today, that stupid "Windows has installed updates, restart your computer now" kept coming up and I thought they'd actually installed for once. I restarted my PC but lo and behold the updates still need to be installed.

Is there any way I can either install them myself (I'm not getting the usual icon in the system tray) or some way I can just get it to bugger off?

Apologies for any poor wording, I'm writing this in a rush. Thanks in advance for any help of advice given icon14.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

What is the best way of making your own .GIF image, preferably using software and not a website to create it? I've done the method of taking a snap shot of the video frame by frame and then using Image Ready to stack the images on top of each other, then animate them that way. But sometimes i end up with 50 frame by frame images, so it is very time consuming sitting there and stacking them all on one layer.

What is the easiest method? I have Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS2, Photoshop CS6 Extended, Image Ready CS2, GIMP 2. They are my photo editing programmes. I also have Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 (64 Bit) If there is anyway of using that.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 08:13)

Not sure there's a limit, but I made a test and went well over 150 videos. I don't think you'd add more than that.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 12:56)

Not sure there's a limit, but I made a test and went well over 150 videos. I don't think you'd add more than that.

but if you do that many it will slow down the page dramatically
so don't do 150... 149 maximum

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

What's the best way to improve your voice and vocal range, besides getting taught by a real teacher?
I'd love to sing high notes without as much trouble as I have now (I absolutely can't sing high notes), but my voice is quite low.
Any advice on how to improve my voice and extend my vocal range safely? smile.gif

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by NCONiall, 13 June 2013 - 03:45 PM.

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 12:44)
What is the easiest method? I have Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS2, Photoshop CS6 Extended, Image Ready CS2, GIMP 2. They are my photo editing programmes. I also have Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 (64 Bit) If there is anyway of using that.

I found GIMP to be easier for making transparent GIFs. I tried Photoshop but the transparency was awful, though that was due to my inexperience. I've completely forgotten how to do it now, it has been about 2/3 years since I made some. I remember placing all the images (frames) in the program then bringing up the timeline and inserting them all in there. I was really just working off a number of YT videos. All in all took about 2-3 minutes; that is, excluding the work to make the frames.

Here's my old avatar that I made, as an example (using GIMP):
user posted image

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:43)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 12:44)

I found GIMP to be easier for making transparent GIFs. I tried Photoshop but the transparency was awful, though that was due to my inexperience. I've completely forgotten how to do it now, it has been about 2/3 years since I made some. I remember placing all the images (frames) in the program then bringing up the timeline and inserting them all in there. I was really just working off a number of YT videos. All in all took about 2-3 minutes; that is, excluding the work to make the frames.

Here's my old avatar that I made, as an example (using GIMP):
user posted image

Thanks man i have worked it out now, used GIMP for it aswell. Was actually really easy, but the GIMP interface is appalling i think, initially it made it seem harder than it actually was.

I've asked over at the Visual Arts section, but i will ask here too. Anybody know how to add a border to the GIF images? Nothing fancy, just a thin black or white one?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 21:46)
QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 12:56)

but if you do that many it will slow down the page dramatically
so don't do 150... 149 maximum

thanks guys icon14.gif

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 17:20)
Anybody know how to add a border to the GIF images? Nothing fancy, just a thin black or white one?

Make new layer. Make sure its at the top above all other animation layers. Make sure your very first frame of animation is selected. Select the whole layer. RMB click and select Stroke. Choose 1 pixel width, color and inside.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:41)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 17:20)
Anybody know how to add a border to the GIF images? Nothing fancy, just a thin black or white one?

Make new layer. Make sure its at the top above all other animation layers. Make sure your very first frame of animation is selected. Select the whole layer. RMB click and select Stroke. Choose 1 pixel width, color and inside.

And Bingo was his name-o. Thanks man, helpful as ever icon14.gif

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Are there any major differences between generations of Nvidia's GPUs for eg I saw the benchmark of gtx 660m vs gtx 765m and the results were almost the same. Probably there was a gap of 7-8 FPS. If this is true, I fail to realise why they always start new series every year.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 11:14)
A few days ago Windows XP wanted to update itself. As I was shutting down the PC the prompt thing came up asking if I'd like to shut it down without installing the updates. I clicked that option, went to work, and installed the updates when I came home. Now, every time I go to shut down my PC the same thing keeps popping up telling me I need to install the updates. I've tried doing it time and time again and nothing happens.

Today, that stupid "Windows has installed updates, restart your computer now" kept coming up and I thought they'd actually installed for once. I restarted my PC but lo and behold the updates still need to be installed.

Is there any way I can either install them myself (I'm not getting the usual icon in the system tray) or some way I can just get it to bugger off?

Apologies for any poor wording, I'm writing this in a rush. Thanks in advance for any help of advice given icon14.gif

You could try uninstalling them then reinstalling them again.

Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then go down the list Windows XP Updates then find all the updates that have been recently installed since the issue started then remove each one. Then restart your machine then run Windows Update usually in your start menu somewhere under All Programs if not use the following link windowsupdate.microsoft.com this will enable you reinstall the updates again.

From here you can either choose to install one by one in case one of them is causing the issue or you can just go ahead install all required, and if the issue occurs again then, then follow the same process above but just do one by one to find out which one is causing the issue and then search that update using the KB***** number and see if this is a known issue.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 16:53)
Are there any major differences between generations of Nvidia's GPUs for eg I saw the benchmark of gtx 660m vs gtx 765m and the results were almost the same. Probably there was a gap of 7-8 FPS. If this is true, I fail to realise why they always start new series every year.

There are some architectural differences that go beyond basic performance. You also shouldn't just straight up compare a 6xx to the same 7xx. The way the numbers within generations are distributed is different from generation to generation.

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

I showed one of my pictures and someone said I am above average. What does it mean and what celebrity do you consider to be above average regarding looks?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:14)
I showed one of my pictures and someone said I am above average. What does it mean and what celebrity do you consider to be above average regarding looks?

Well that would really be opinion based. You could ask 100 different users who they think is average looking and get 100 different answers.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

One of my ear rings has been stuck in there for a long, long time. Am I going to die?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:02)
One of my ear rings has been stuck in there for a long, long time. Am I going to die?

You'll have plenty of warning. First the area around it will swell up, then ooze white/yellow puss. Then the Ear will turn blue/black and start to smell of rot. Then you Die. smile.gif

Regardless, you'll die sometime in the future anyway. (Unless somebody finds a way to the past, then you might have a choice of past or future to die in.) icon14.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users