22,856 replies to this topic
Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by shoumic, 22 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

dunno if its dumb thing to ask,

Nah, it's our second language, there's no shame in asking anything.

can anyone explain usage of who/whose/whom

You should find this easy to comprehend.

QUOTE (http://www.englishpage.com/)
"Who" is a Subject Pronoun

"Who" is a subject pronoun like "he," "she" and "we" in the examples above. We use "who" to ask which person does an action or which person is a certain way.

Examples:

Who made the birthday cake?
Who is in the kitchen?
Who is going to do the dishes?
"Whom" is an Object Pronoun

"Whom" is an object pronoun like "him," "her" and "us." We use "whom" to ask which person receives an action.

Examples:

Whom are you going to invite?
Whom did he blame for the accident?
Whom did he hire to do the job?
"Whose" is a Possessive Pronoun

"Whose" is a possessive pronoun like "his," "her" and "our." We use "whose" to find out which person something belongs to.

Examples:

Whose camera is this?
Whose dog is barking outside?
Whose cell phone keeps ringing?

You should have a read at the Guide to punctuation as well. smile.gif

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by gtamann123, 23 May 2013 - 02:15 AM.

Can anyone suggest me the best tasting and smoothest cigarette out there? Something as smooth as possible. And I'm talking affordable stuff you can buy at a gas station not something I have to go to a high end tobacco shop for. My mom smokes Kool Menthol and I can't stand them I'm going to switch brands. Which one is the best though? I'm way to cheap to try them all to see which one I like best but I just want a place to start. I hate the menthol sh*t too. I know most of you are Europeans on here so your knowledge of smokes is probably pretty good wink.gif basically what I'm looking for is something as smooth as a cigar but in cigarette form if that makes sense. Plus is there a difference between brands? I've only smoked Kool before but I smoked a few cigars with my friends before and thought they were much better. So I'm just looking for a cigarette that's like that.

E: I'm thinking Marlboro because that's what my dad used to smoke and I've heard people say that their lights are the best cigarette out there.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:06)
Can anyone suggest me the best tasting and smoothest cigarette out there? Something as smooth as possible. And I'm talking affordable stuff you can buy at a gas station not something I have to go to a high end tobacco shop for. My mom smokes Kool Menthol and I can't stand them I'm going to switch brands. Which one is the best though? I'm way to cheap to try them all to see which one I like best but I just want a place to start. I hate the menthol sh*t too. I know most of you are Europeans on here so your knowledge of smokes is probably pretty good wink.gif basically what I'm looking for is something as smooth as a cigar but in cigarette form if that makes sense. Plus is there a difference between brands? I've only smoked Kool before but I smoked a few cigars with my friends before and thought they were much better. So I'm just looking for a cigarette that's like that.

E: I'm thinking Marlboro because that's what my dad used to smoke and I've heard people say that their lights are the best cigarette out there.

None.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:21)

None.

Well that's not helpful at all now is it... What's the point of even replying?

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

oh I would listen to him. Read his name and you'll see why.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:53)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:21)

None.

Well that's not helpful at all now is it... What's the point of even replying?

Anytime.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

I fail to see how one word replies have any relevancy to answering question.

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Can you actually cry by hitting yourself?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Crewnordin @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 14:06)

If you punch yourself in the nuts as hard as you can your eyes will probably water.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:21)

If you punch yourself in the nuts as hard as you can your eyes will probably water.

I dunno' about that, he should test that for his-self. Tangible evidence is needed to make such a conclusion about this and evidence is gathered through experimentation.

Go, punch your-self in the dick for science.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:03)

I dunno' about that, he should test that for his-self. Tangible evidence is needed to make such a conclusion about this and evidence is gathered through experimentation.

Actually yeah, good point, now that I think about it, I don't think i've ever cried from self-hitting-injury.
Please film it and upload to youtube for a scientific peer-reviewed analysis.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 05:03)

Simple: Pull a nose hair out.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

lil weasel's best comment. I swear to god, lw- we'd have a love-hate relationship, if I loved you.

My question: What do you do when someone in the office is sharing a very brief story about something that is somewhat important to him- but the boss hates the topic so interrupts and changes the subject with his authority and louder voice- and you're watching the original speaker look away in shame

So what do you do?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:17)
QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 05:03)

Simple: Pull a nose hair out.

You could also try the trick that some law enforcement organisations use to determine whether people are genuinely unconscious or just pretending. Get a Biro or other kind of pen and jam it into the fleshy bit of your nasal septum. between the two pieces of cartilage. Your eyes will be watering in no time.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (WhitValid @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 01:24)
My question: What do you do when someone in the office is sharing a very brief story about something that is somewhat important to him- but the boss hates the topic so interrupts and changes the subject with his authority and louder voice- and you're watching the original speaker look away in shame

So what do you do?

Wink at him and do the fellatio hand movements. wink.gif That way he knows you're a true friend.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Monday, May 20 2013, 10:29)
QUOTE (NCONiall @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:47)
QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:38)
Ah, I'll definitely try that.
Although I have exactly 1000 f*cking channels (Channel 0 to 999) so it's gonna take some time to find the correct channel.
I'll do it straight away though, thanks!

No don't do that mate, you'll be there all night. On your remote control there should be a few buttons to get to these video channels such as AV. Sometimes there's a button that scrolls through those video channels automatically(on mine it's called source). They are usually before channel 1 or channel 0 and sometimes they can only be accessed through the TV remote, it all depends on the brand of your TV.

You said you had an old TV so I'm assuming that you only have a few of these channels such as AV1, AV2 and S-Video.

Okay, I looked through all the 1000 f*cking channels with no luck.

I checked the XBOX display settings and it said "NTSC 4:3", so, how do I change it to PAL?

I can only change it to Auto and NTSC 4:3, nothing else, unfortunately. I checked Auto and it still lacks colour.

Can anyone help me out?

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Considering that it's only feeding through one channel and that you've arranged the red, white and yellow wires around I would say that your cable may be faulty. Have you got any other cables that connect the Xbox to the TV?

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 03:06)

Smoking a cigar is not the same as smoking a cigarette. If that's what you prefer then that's what you should be buying. I don't even understand how you got in the habit of smoking cigarettes if the only brand you've tried is one you hate.

If I buy tailors then I'll buy Marlboro Reds. I prefer them over anything else but if someone pinches one off me they always pull a face on the first drag. If you really want to smoke then Marlboro Lights are one of the weakest smoothest cigarettes out there. The usual type around here buy them on a Saturday night just because they like the way they look smoking it outside the bar.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ May 23 2013, 02:06)

When I used to partake in the art of smoking, West were my usual brand as they were strong but smooth, Marlboro Lights are crap and have got loads of Estrogen in them so will give you moobs, plus with lights you have to suck real hard to get anything out of them... and yes that last part of the sentence did sound so wrong.

QUOTE (The-King @ May 23 2013, 05:03)

That, along with "I'd call you a c*nt but you have neither the depth nor the warmth" is now in my top two insults. Thank You smile.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Who is the member on highest rank in GTA Forums ?. Like above all mods and admins....I want to request him to changwe the username...

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Tank is the Root Admin of this website. Do not ask him for a name change. They aren't done anymore because of software complications. You have to wait till V1.5 also known as the next version of the board which we should see before GTA V comes hopefully.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

The only way of changing names it to start a new account.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by shoumic, 23 May 2013 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:09)

Currently yes. You'll be able to change your name once the board is updated like I said above. Although I've seen some name changes here even after they were stopped being done. So yeah, either make a new account or wait a few months. Things to consider when making a new account:

- You will need to tell staff about the new account.
- The old one will be banned.
- Noting will be transferred between accounts.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Question for Firefox users: anyone else noticed that middle click and drag doesn't work anymore? I.E. you middle click the page and move the mouse down, it moves the page on its own. It works on Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer on this computer, yet I can't get it to work on Firefox for the life of me. Not sure if it's a problem on my end or globally removed functionality.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 22:16)
Question for Firefox users: anyone else noticed that middle click and drag doesn't work anymore? I.E. you middle click the page and move the mouse down, it moves the page on its own. It works on Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer on this computer, yet I can't get it to work on Firefox for the life of me. Not sure if it's a problem on my end or globally removed functionality.

Updated just there now to 21.0. I can middle-mouse scroll just fine.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 12:40)
Considering that it's only feeding through one channel and that you've arranged the red, white and yellow wires around I would say that your cable may be faulty. Have you got any other cables that connect the Xbox to the TV?

No, unfortunately I don't.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Here's a question:

Are ninjas real? (Like the ones in the movies with the all black outfits and the swords and whatnot)

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:17)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:09)

Currently yes. You'll be able to change your name once the board is updated like I said above. Although I've seen some name changes here even after they were stopped being done. So yeah, either make a new account or wait a few months. Things to consider when making a new account:

- You will need to tell staff about the new account.
- The old one will be banned.
- Noting will be transferred between accounts.

Well I gotta question about the name changing whenever it gets here. Would we only be able to change it once, or would it be like a limit of like maybe 3? Because if it's unlimited people will be changing their names all the time and it will get really confusing.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

If I recal correctly Xcommunicated said something about it being a limit of once per year, it may have been a different member of staff though.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Why won't Audi make an RS4 sedan. What if I wanted a fast four door that wasn't a funny looking avant?
Also, is Audi going to make a sedan version of the 2014 RS6 C7?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users