22,856 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 09:15)
Wow, that's 2 "beaten"s in a row. I'm on a roll! biggrin.gif

I remember seeing a link once to a little page on GTA net with a list of what countries people were logging in from and how many people were from each county. Does anyone have a link to this?

Hell yes!

OT, I asked the same question on the V1 but don't remember getting an answer, if I did get one I think it was miro saying that no, there was no such list.

Darkconnor55
  • Darkconnor55

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 14:31)
QUOTE (Darkconnor55 @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 15:26)
QUOTE (Andrew @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 14:17)
QUOTE (shayanshaffey @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 15:08)
Do admins get paid?

Of course we get paid, it goes on the amount of warnings and bans we issue. But the company benefits are fantastic.

lol biggrin.gif , when should we expect V2 for the forums?

Whats V2? Haven't heard anything about that.

version 2, you know, name change, etc heard people talking bout it.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (-blitz @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 20:01)

I remember seeing a link once to a little page on GTA net with a list of what countries people were logging in from and how many people were from each county. Does anyone have a link to this?

Hell yes!

OT, I asked the same question on the V1 but don't remember getting an answer, if I did get one I think it was miro saying that no, there was no such list.

http://www.big-boards.com/board/78/

There's a pie chart at the bottom of the page depicting origin of visitors on GTAF. It's not as detailed as you might expect it to be, but it gives you a rough idea.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:52 PM Edited by fireguy109, 04 August 2011 - 03:01 PM.

QUOTE (-blitz @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 10:31)

Hell yes!

I found this - http://www.sharenato...emographics.png that Girish posted once.

But I can't find the actual link. sad.gif

And I know for certain it exists.

E: oh, hi Girish. No, it was actually on GTA net or GTAF, this I know. One of the admins or somebody linked to it.

I've searched the entire Network support and Suggestions forums for it.

E2: check this out! http://www.sharenator.com/w/gta.net Apparently 85% percent of gta net people are from Guam.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (-blitz @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 14:11)
QUOTE (shayanshaffey @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 09:08)
Do admins get paid?

Nope, volunteered. As you have probably seen, this forum, unlike many other sites is nearly ad-free except for the ad banner on the top. Every time you click on that, Tank gets money that goes to pay the monthly bill that keep this place going. However, if you click repeatedly for too many times Google will close Tank's AdSense account. So don't do that.

Edit : Damn you fireguy! Damn you! biggrin.gif

I don't see the ad because of where I live so: HAHA! yay! it's the first time I use spoiler tags!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 20:22)
E2: check this out! http://www.sharenator.com/w/gta.net Apparently 85% percent of us are from Guam.

It should have been gtanet.com actually. Not sure how accurate that thing is though.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Yep, that was just GTA net. Found GTAF though...

http://www.sharenato...w/gtaforums.com

One in every 19,802 people on the web visits here daily!

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:58 PM Edited by Robinski, 04 August 2011 - 07:07 PM.

Let's get down to some important stuff. I've never made microwave nachos before, I'mma grate some cheese over my nachos and put those bitches in the microwave. Trouble is, I have no idea how long to do it for, and the grill on the window is practically opaque. All the results on google are either really vague or holier-than-thou "OMG why would you do such a thing, use the oven!". F*ck those people.

Normally I'd just experiment, but I have a very limited amount of both nachos and cheese. I can't afford to fail. So, what would you guys say is the optimum microwaving time for cheesy nachos?

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

When I do those, around 30 secs is enough to make the cheese bubble. Just stare it through the window

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

About 20-30 seconds, then check it, if not quite ready then another 10-15 seconds. Should be plenty. Depending on how powerful your microwave is though.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 14:58)
Let's get down to some important stuff. I've never made microwave nachos before, I'mma grate some cheese over my nachos and put those bitches in the microwave. Trouble is, I have no idea how long to do it for, and the grill on the window is practically opaque. All the results on google are either really vague or holier-than-thou "OMG why would you do such a thing, use the oven!". F*ck those people.

Normally I'd just experiment, but I have a very limited amount of both nachos and cheese. I can't afford to fail. So, what would you guys say is the optimum microwaving time for cheesy nachos?

Ask anyone who has had my nachos and they will tell you I am king nacho maker. Can I recommend not using the microwave? It is worth the extra minutes.

Oven at 450f
-Toast your chips in the oven alone for a few minutes.
-Then add your cheese and return to oven. No real time to go by - just check in on them and you will know when they are done.
-Naturally you should add some other crap. To keep it cheap and simple just get yourself a jar of picante sauce to put on your chips before you add the cheese and cook. You may also want to dice up some onion, maybe some more tomato, maybe some jalapeno. No matter what picante is the first thing to put on the chips, then any other toppings, and lastly the cheese.

Of course some fresh guacamole is nice to have, and it is also nice to have some sour cream for dipping too.

*I'm keeping my true recipe and tricks seceret tounge.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Thirty seconds worked well. Thank you guys.

@Trip. Those sound pretty good, and while I'm sure I'd enjoy them if someone else had made them, if I were making them I'd get about half way through step one before saying f*ck it and putting them in the microwave, because I'm a lazy bum.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Should I join Facebook? Everyone that I know has one, but I've heard that it has major privacy issues and nonsensical drama.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

To Join Facebook or Not to Join, that was the question.
Depends really, I joined Facebook reluctantly, It's done in a very serious manner in my case, here I'm out to have fun more then anything. I still like MySpace space.

As for a Q and A, I wanted Mike/PCGuyTech to get his old thread back, but things didn't go well ...so I lament that in passing, Could have handled matters differently
I was given reading glasses or "Cheaters" as I hear the news refer to them, and since then, they almost seemingly screwed up my normal vision with just a few uses, because they magnify and focus and where the result is taking them off, I can't see anything as well. It's making me a bit upset I guess, I have to say, I hate wearing glasses, but after a certain age, it just seems your eyes go on you, like something on your car breaks without much warning.

Oh, the fun of old age/getting older. The question is more or less, What would you do if and when your eyes start to need some solution?, lenses, glasses, Lasik eye surgery

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (WorldofCog @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 15:45)
Should I join Facebook? Everyone that I know has one, but I've heard that it has major privacy issues and nonsensical drama.

Yes make one. Privacy issues? Just make sure you don't post information you don't want out there (Address/Phone/Work?/etc).

Go out and Socialize.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:25 PM Edited by tripmills, 04 August 2011 - 11:28 PM.

QUOTE ((WorldofCog @ Thursday @ Aug 4 2011, 15:45))

Yes make one. Privacy issues? Just make sure you don't post information you don't want out there (Address/Phone/Work?/etc).

QUOTE (Chargr)
Go out and Socialize.

Read the book 'Born Digital' and learn about your digital portfolio/electronic portfolio. That should scare anyone into being careful about how they use social networking sites. It is more than not posting your phone number, address, and other personal information.

Edit:
forgot to quote

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

What is the story with Andrew and MissCloud? Why are they always working together on stuff?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (shayanshaffey @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 14:41)
What is the story with Andrew and MissCloud? Why are they always working together on stuff?

They are an e-couple. Duh!

Next question.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

E-couple?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (WorldofCog @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 04:15)

Right after I joined I questioned what exactly people see in it.

I mean, what's the point of a site where you simply view what other people are talking about? It's boring and gets old fast. I'm not a fan of talking online much either.

To each their own though. You might like it, who knows.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

If that's what you think of Facebook, I'd like to know your opinion about Twitter.

I perceive Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with people whom I cannot meet, physically. It's good to know that they're still alive and kickin' and what-not. And also, games to keep me from being bored at work. tounge.gif

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

I got pressured into it by my friends, they all had it and wanted me to sign up. I managed to hold them off for a while, but then after many many months I finally cracked. I find the status updates and comments really annoying, I just use it to chat to people. It's easy to find friends on it, much easier than say MSN (which is what I used before).

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 22:11)
Thirty seconds worked well. Thank you guys.

@Trip. Those sound pretty good, and while I'm sure I'd enjoy them if someone else had made them, if I were making them I'd get about half way through step one before saying f*ck it and putting them in the microwave, because I'm a lazy bum.

No wonder your skinny as f*ck then with that lazy attitude towards food tounge2.gif

Question - I'm nearly finished painting our upstairs bathroom and since its a horrible wallpaper I've had to use a brush throughout since a roller wouldn't get into the detail. Anyway, I was wondering what the best method of cleaning the paint from the brush would be? I've always used hot water in a cup and left my brush in there for a day or two before washing it out. Seems to do the job okay, but you end up with dried paint on the very end of the brush (where its connected to the handle) Anything that would get that sh*t off as well as clean all in one step? I'd clean my brush the same day after using it but I make a sh*t ton of mess that I really don't want to clean up.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 17:56)
I got pressured into it by my friends, they all had it and wanted me to sign up. I managed to hold them off for a while, but then after many many months I finally cracked. I find the status updates and comments really annoying, I just use it to chat to people. It's easy to find friends on it, much easier than say MSN (which is what I used before).

Same to me.

My friends, pressured me into it like you.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:03 PM Edited by shayanshaffey, 05 August 2011 - 12:08 PM.

I just wanted to say that I'm gonna join the "color posters group", so how do you guys like this color?

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (shayanshaffey @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 12:03)
I just wanted to say that I'm gonna join the "color posters group", so how do you guys like this color?

It hurts my eyes. A long paragraph in that colour would be unbearable.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

How about this one?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (shayanshaffey @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 13:33)
How about this one?

How about don't use one? Or if you are going to use on check it out on ALL the skins to ensure everyone can read it.

kizzck
  • kizzck

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have a question, How does it come that admins and users in a group can change their username, and not normal users?

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Only admins can change usernames of other users. No other groups can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users