22,856 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

...what game is this?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=502910

Looks pretty crazy/fun/completely over the top.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 19:00)
...what game is this?

Breaking Bad: The Game

It's right under the video description.

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 20:53)
I have a question suited for the GFXers.

In Adobe Photoshop CS3 (or any other which the method is similar), how do you bend text so that it forms an "O"? I've tried bending the text with the "Create Warped Text" and "Arch" features but they don't go in an "O" formation, can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks.

Create a circular path (Using the ellipse tool or the pen tool) and you can type on it with the type tool.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 18:17)
...what game is this?

No, it's not. IT's just been modded, whatever it is. It also says GTA V at the end of the video. Which I'm fairly certain is not correct.

Anyone else?

notify.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (UNRATED69 @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 23:18)
QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 20:53)

In Adobe Photoshop CS3 (or any other which the method is similar), how do you bend text so that it forms an "O"? I've tried bending the text with the "Create Warped Text" and "Arch" features but they don't go in an "O" formation, can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks.

Create a circular path (Using the ellipse tool or the pen tool) and you can type on it with the type tool.

Thank you! happy.gif

cookie.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 22:25)
QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 18:17)
...what game is this?

No, it's not. IT's just been modded, whatever it is. It also says GTA V at the end of the video. Which I'm fairly certain is not correct.

Anyone else?

notify.gif

That's weird. I just watched it and it had a whole bunch of R* logos in the opening, but no mention of V at the end. The breaking bad game says it is being published/developed by AMC. This little video says R* is publishing it. Strange. The graphics kind of looked semi early 2000s.

We may never know the story behind this trickery.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:53 AM Edited by blitz, 02 March 2012 - 02:56 AM.

QUOTE (fgcarva1)

Thanks.

I know UNRATED already explained what you needed to know, but I thought I'd make an addition. smile.gif

Create a perfect circle using the Ellipsed Tool (U) and holding down shift.

user posted image

Using the Text Tool (T), click on the edge of the circle. You should be able to write on the border, like this.

user posted image

Reposition if you have to using Free Transform (Ctrl+T).

user posted image

Delete ellipse shape layer.

user posted image

Ta dah!

user posted image

@Otter, that's really weird, the characters have a big resemblance to Walt and Jesse from Breaking Bad, but they don't sound like them at all, plus it doesn't look like a video game adaptation of the show.

I tried google but it didn't help.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:59 AM Edited by fireguy109, 02 March 2012 - 03:08 AM.

It's an old beta of a video game that was cancelled a long time ago. That was the demo footage shown at one of the big gaming expos (E3?). It was posted in Gaming Chat a few months ago, it got cancelled then revived and there is presently no info on it. Something to do with APB. The blue bar hides the copyright. Can't remember what the hell it is now, the main characters were brothers I think.

E: Sonny's got it, though it was related to The Getaway, not APB.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:06 AM

Isn't that that game called Eight Days? I'm pretty sure that's what the name was.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Ctrl + Alt + Defecate

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (sonnyBlack @ Friday, Mar 2 2012, 03:06)
Isn't that that game called Eight Days?

Yep, it's Eight Days. Here's a video from E3 '06.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Vaper ware, we like to call that ^

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I see this on facebook a lot, people comment with a named URL, now what i wanna know, is how do you name it, for example here on GTAF i could post a link like this.

http://www.gtaforums...?showuser=36294
And directly link it, OR i could make the URL a description of what is within the URL Like this

This guy likes to ramble about irrelavent things

So how do i do it on facebook? Since facebook doesn't have BBCode

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Links are automaticly formated by facebook, for instance it'll reconize a name and auto turn it into a link. Same goes for urls, it automaticly fetches the header.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Why do so many people, Italians in particularly wear a Saint Christopher chain? I do because my family gave it to me, and also if you watch the soprano's you will see how they almost all where it?...

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

he's a popular saint because of the legend associated with him and because he was supposedly about 7ft 5. He's also a patron of travel, and so travellers or people who are going on long journey's will wear pendants of him or place them in their vehicles in order to receive protection. Here's the legend:

QUOTE (I think you can guess where I got this from)

According to the legendary account of his life, Christopher was a Canaanite 5 cubits (7.5 feet (2.3 m)) tall and with a fearsome face. While serving the king of Canaan, he took it into his head to go and serve "the greatest king there was". He went to the king who was reputed to be the greatest, but one day he saw the king cross himself at the mention of the devil. On thus learning that the king feared the devil, he departed to look for the devil. He came across a band of marauders, one of whom declared himself to be the devil, so Christopher decided to serve him. But when he saw his new master avoid a wayside cross and found out that the devil feared Christ, he left him and enquired from people where to find Christ. He met a hermit who instructed him in the Christian faith. Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where they were perishing in the attempt. The hermit promised that this service would be pleasing to Christ.

After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

Christopher later visited the city of Lycia and there comforted the Christians who were being martyred. Brought before the local king, he refused to sacrifice to the pagan gods. The king tried to win him by riches and by sending two beautiful women to tempt him. Christopher converted the women to Christianity, as he had already converted thousands in the city. The king ordered him to be killed. Various attempts failed, but finally Christopher was decapitated.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 14:44)
he's a popular saint because of the legend associated with him and because he was supposedly about 7ft 5. He's also a patron of travel, and so travellers or people who are going on long journey's will wear pendants of him or place them in their vehicles in order to receive protection. Here's the legend:

QUOTE (I think you can guess where I got this from)

According to the legendary account of his life, Christopher was a Canaanite 5 cubits (7.5 feet (2.3 m)) tall and with a fearsome face. While serving the king of Canaan, he took it into his head to go and serve "the greatest king there was". He went to the king who was reputed to be the greatest, but one day he saw the king cross himself at the mention of the devil. On thus learning that the king feared the devil, he departed to look for the devil. He came across a band of marauders, one of whom declared himself to be the devil, so Christopher decided to serve him. But when he saw his new master avoid a wayside cross and found out that the devil feared Christ, he left him and enquired from people where to find Christ. He met a hermit who instructed him in the Christian faith. Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where they were perishing in the attempt. The hermit promised that this service would be pleasing to Christ.

After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

Christopher later visited the city of Lycia and there comforted the Christians who were being martyred. Brought before the local king, he refused to sacrifice to the pagan gods. The king tried to win him by riches and by sending two beautiful women to tempt him. Christopher converted the women to Christianity, as he had already converted thousands in the city. The king ordered him to be killed. Various attempts failed, but finally Christopher was decapitated.

Thanks a lot GTA STU, that was a great help mate. icon14.gif

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:09 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 04 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Here's my query for those of you that enjoy card tricks; my grandfather used to do a card trick where he'd tell me to pick a card he'd put in back in the deck, bring the cards close to his mouth and blow; suddenly, the card wouldn't be there, it had been transported to another part of the deck.

Can anybody tell me how he did this trick ? it's been plaguing me for years.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Try: Card Trick Video

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 12:55)
Try: Card Trick Video

Here is my question - are you incapable of providing any other help than Google (or in this case Bing) links? sarcasm.gif

Anybody know any decent free alternatives to Fraps? I tried some kind of Camstudio thing, but the picture was absolute garbage.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Anyone know the name of the drums used in this song?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Not a question but a statement. Warlord is cool.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

"Tribal Drums" is all I can find by searching.

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

I don't know what this is

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well, I managed to destroy my laptop's lan connector.

I'm now looking for lan to usb converters. Then I wondered what if it slows things down?

Will it slow things down? I like to play shooter games on my laptop when I travel, and the games are online. Will I still be able to get steady ping or will I spike like hell if I use a converter?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Anyone know what the font is for UK license plates?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

How about:
The standard font, unofficially known as Charles Wright 2001, is a subtly redrawn version of Charles Wright's original 1935 font. The width of the previous font was condensed from 57 mm to 50 mm to allow space for the extra letter and the optional blue EU strip. The letter O and the digit 0 are intentionally identical, as are the letter I and digit 1. But the typeface accentuates the differences between characters such as 8 and B, or D and 0, with slab serifs to improve the legibility of a plate from a distance. This is especially useful for the automatic number plate recognition software of speed cameras and CCTV. This accentuation also discourages the tampering that is sometimes practised with the use of black insulating tape or paint to change letter forms (such as P to R, or 9 to 8), or with the inclusion of carefully positioned black "fixing screw" dots that alter the appearance of letters on some vanity plates.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Aha, I knew it was a guys name, but I couldn't for the life of me remember.

Thanks man.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

Another resource if your interested:
http://www.leewardpr...#united-kingdom

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Mar 5 2012, 14:13)
Another resource if your interested:
http://www.leewardpr...#united-kingdom

Thank you again, that actually really helped! icon14.gif

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM Edited by GTAfear, 05 March 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Is it better to shave in the morning or during the day? Or does it make no difference?

EDIT: Thanks, lil weasel.

And someone please answer AlfieWilRus' question... confused.gif I feel like Scumbag Steve, lol.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Depends on growth. If you're prone to 5 o'clock shadow, then as late as you can. Else it shouldn't make a difference.
A factor is using a Blade (closest) or Electric. Using a cold water wash before shaving makes a finer (if uncomfortable) shave. Hot water swells the skin so the blade doesn't get as close to the root, but is more comfortable.
I've worked with a few men that needed to shave 2-3 times a day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users