Photo

Borderlands 2

429 replies to this topic
Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

So... What classes do you guys plan to play as?

I mained Lilith to max level with her then Mordecai (not max but still pretty high level playthrough). I'm not too sure what class to play as.

Maya has phaselock and also group healing abilities, Zero with his stealth (per say) with his back stab, Axton with the turret and Salvador with duel wielding and Gaige the Mechromancer. I've pre-ordered and to mix things up I'll probably main Gaige.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I played as Roland in Borderlands. I'm usually drawn towards the soldier class in most games.

As for Borderlands 2, it's either going to be Axton or Salvador; I'm leaning towards Axton at the moment, but we'll see tonight when I get the game.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:11 AM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Here we go.

I pre-loaded days ago and Steam just unlocked it for me. Time to play for 5 minutes and then head to bed since I have a lecture in the morning. Man I love Steam midnight unlocks. Hoping for the same for V. lol.gif

EDITED for grammar fails due to late-night typing. Also, from the 5 minutes I saw of it the game looks great!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Im so looking foward to this. Got it pre loaded now just awaiting the friday release date. Iv'e intentionally not read into the previews just so i can be blown away by this. In terms of what character i'm going to be it will all be trial and error!

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

The EB Games I pre-ordered the game from didn't have a midnight release, so now I have to pick it up sometime today. I'm not sure whether I'm going to bail early or not from work.

Instead of already being into the game for five hours, I'm forced to wait even more.

sad.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm annoyed at myself that I never got to try out Robot Revolution, Underdome from what I heard a very unrewarding experience was still interested since it was like a "challenge room" for max levelled characters. I just forgot about it honestly, I might probably get it anyway later on to be a completionist.

I heard from a review from this TV show in Australia called Good Game about some stuff about the Mechromancer class which I found interesting.
Some controversy was sparked about this character, 'Gaige' as the Mechromancer, this class's skill tree includes 'X% of bullets can reflect and hit enemies' and with an interview of the CEO of Gearbox some info was released about that class .etc The Mechromancer class ,"I want to make, for the lack of a better term, the girlfriend skill tree. This is, I love Borderlands and I want to share it with someone, but they suck at first-person-shooters." The controversy was just the skewing of words about a design aspect of making Borderlands more assessable to a wider audience.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 05:30)
I'm annoyed at myself that I never got to try out Robot Revolution, Underdome from what I heard a very unrewarding experience was still interested since it was like a "challenge room" for max levelled characters. I just forgot about it honestly, I might probably get it anyway later on to be a completionist.

Underdome is kind of a pain, because you get no XP for it and it's just essentially killing waves of enemies. I still have the two larger challenges to complete, but they take almost three hours each to do. It is, as you say, a "challenge room" for max players, since everything scales to the host.

The best DLC for Borderlands, in my opinion, was The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. The only thing I have left to do is beat Crawmerax, but solo soldier class, it's damn near impossible unless you want to delete your cache and exploit glitches.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Damn underdome 2 waves to go on the larger challenge game wouldn't spawn up anymore waves because i got hit up ontop of one of the buildings in the arena and couldn't get down. Thats where i lost interest in the underdome was the last one i needed to complete to get the achievment#####

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Intro of the game
STARRING ZERO AS A NUMBER XD

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Yeah Knoxx was great DLC, also about the Crawmerax there is that one exploit 'spot' in the far left corner where he can't hit you very well but it's helpful. The only class that you can solo Crawmerax really is the Siren, since it's impossible to get the spots on his back while using any other character, the phasewalk is really handy. I've spent plenty an hour solo grinding Crawmerax, out of like dozens of raids I've gotten 1 pearlescent shield and 2 weapon class mods. The ones where you get stats for using a gun's brand rather than your skill list. They class mods get removed however due to a glitch at the time where the game thinks it's a hacked item. That was annoying, never got to use it fully - wonder if they patched that.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Finally picked up my copy this afternoon after cutting work a bit early, since I really wanted to get at this game - been waiting for a while.

I've played for about five hours so far and I'm really enjoying the game. It's nice to see the familiar faces from the original Borderlands. One thing I have to say is that shooting from a vehicle seems to be a bit easier in Borderlands 2... then again, maybe I was just terrible in the first one.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

When it comes out in the UK this Friday I'll try hitting you up Scott. I can't dedicate a lot of time to it but something is something.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

No worries, man. It'll be nice to play some co-op.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

http://www.crossgame...o-review-a-game

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

I read the review he's referring to and the second he (the original reviewer) started to compare it to Call of Duty and the Halo Series, I stopped right there. Borderlands is an RPG, whereas Call of Duty is just a very linear shooter. You can't even compare them; it's like comparing apples and oranges, for Christ's sake.

I'm liking the throwback to the original Borderlands. So far, I've met Lilith (in 2, she's being worshiped by a cult as The Firehawk) and Roland is the commander of the Crimson Raiders. I haven't encountered Brick and Mordecai yet, but I suspect I'll see them along my path in short order.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Having started the first one last night, I'm seriously looking forward to this now. Will be even better with company. First one was pretty tough on my lonesome so far, especially that cave to get the first elemental crystals. I ended up giving up and going off to do the next main missions.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:33 PM Edited by Icarus, 19 September 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Yeah, some of the missions in the first one, you're better off just going back to them later when you level up. Otherwise, they're going to be hard as hell. Weapons also make a big difference. It'll be nice when you get Borderlands 2 for co-op and such.

Just beat W4R-D3N to rescue Roland. Holy hell was that hard, since I didn't have a corrosive weapon to quickly take out the shield, not to mention all the robots and badasses that were around. I died four times trying to kill that sonofabitch.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:16 AM Edited by Benjimino234, 20 September 2012 - 10:31 AM.

Oh man, that was awesome just had a 5 hour solo sess with Maya and wow.

Borderlands 2 is really a excellent sequel, tightened up the gun mechanics and really improved in a a lot of areas - looks fantastic too. I really took noticed at the little things, things like having your hands and gun sway as you walked, flailed as you jump and the menu system really makes it immersive. Doesn't seem like the game "stops", such as instead of pressing a button and bringing a full screen boring menu you see your character and the environment as well - also looks flashy. Just got into Sanctuary and loving it. Also the story seems to be more driven, your character journal dairies as an example. Gonna get another sess going straight away.

Also are you guys gonna cap out before you use your golden key? You can get a 2nd I've heard by registering a Shift account from the extras menu. As far as I'm aware it's a ONE time use only, not 1 per character so yeah these keys are serious. I'd definitely be eager to get more keys, gearbox plans to give them as prizes for various contents and giveaways in the future.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:51 AM Edited by Icarus, 20 September 2012 - 02:52 PM.

I accidentally used my key pretty early on in Sanctuary. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with that. tounge.gif

One thing I've come to enjoy so far is the challenge of some of the new enemies, although I'll admit, it can get a bit frustrating at times. W4R-D3N is a perfect example of that.

Also, major spoiler, so don't uncover because this is definitely a plot twist.
It turns out the original Vault Hunters were betrayed by the Guardian Angel. She works for Handsome Jack, and she deceived them into opening the Vault in Borderlands by promising them treasure, but in reality, Jack only wanted it opened to mine eridium (and he didn't want to do the dirty work of having to fight The Destroyer).

In Borderlands 2, when you fight Wilhelm under the guise of getting a vault key, he drops a power core, which you install to power Sanctuary's shields, but it actually allows the Guardian Angel to take control of them and shut them down, allowing Hyperion to attack and hence, Sanctuary ends up being moved, thanks to Lilith using her phasing abilities.

That was definitely a huge shock and a big WTF moment for me, although it appears, at the moment, she's trying to redeem herself by helping you get the vault key, which she possesses, because she's tired of manipulating people.

At least now I can kind of forgive Gearbox for the lame ending to Borderlands... it just took a few years to have it put into proper context.

[EDIT] Spelling mistake.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

I just found Michael Mamril and got "A Tribute to a Vault Hunter" achievement - is very touching story when I looked him up after just talking to NPC's after unlocking the character universal safe from the Clap Trap. He gave me a pretty beast rifle, thanks Michael!

http://borderlands.w...Michael_Mamaril

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Sep 19 2012, 17:49)
Having started the first one last night, I'm seriously looking forward to this now. Will be even better with company. First one was pretty tough on my lonesome so far, especially that cave to get the first elemental crystals. I ended up giving up and going off to do the next main missions.

I've just picked up the GOTY edition to do the DLC for it before moving onto number 2, should be here tomorrow. If my save game still works from 2009 then i'll be a level 50 and would be of some use if you need help. Of course that is if i'm online late at night as you seem to be a nocturnal gamer tounge.gif .

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

This easter eggs is amazing. Borderlands 2′s Minecraft Easter egg, How to find it

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 10:04)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Sep 19 2012, 17:49)

I've just picked up the GOTY edition to do the DLC for it before moving onto number 2, should be here tomorrow. If my save game still works from 2009 then i'll be a level 50 and would be of some use if you need help. Of course that is if i'm online late at night as you seem to be a nocturnal gamer tounge.gif .

To go with Seddo, if you ever want to play some co-op on the original Borderlands (probably a moot point seeing that 2 is out tomorrow for you in the UK), let me know. I'm a level 53 soldier, so I'm good to kick some skag ass.

I'd also, one day, like to have a party to help me beat Crawmerax. He's standing between me and some achievements, ha.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'll just leave this here.

Source

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Not exactly sure what happened there lol.

I'm so used to having the 10 manufacturers from BL1 and their colours, "Hey this S&S Munitions gun is amazing, oh wait that's Hyperion - wait then where's S&S? Oh yeah they are replaced by Bandit." That happened to me numerous times, that thought process. Just by quickly glancing at my inventory I always mistake Bandit guns for Hyperion gun and such.
Anyway I'm at level 15 and finally bought a decent class mod with skill points bonuses and was pleased by the updated info in the skill tree menu from 1/5 to 3/5 in light blue. It was just one of those nickpicks I had in BL1 where I couldn't tell easily what bonus skills I had.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I heard this game is a bit addictive and cartoonish..I'm actually getting this game soon, but i haven't played a demo or seen some gameplays of it.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Addictive? It's like crack, and it's called cel shaded - looks more like a comic book or graphic novel than a cartoon. People commonly say it's like Diablo but with guns, 87 bazilion guns.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

http://imgur.com/g3OlF
tounge.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I found that yesterday too, haha Gearbox sure have a funny bone.

If you took the time to read the mission descriptions or item description you might get the occasional chuckle. Hey, can anyone tell me where all 4 ECHO's are in Sanctuary? There's a Badass rank challenge for that, as well as find hidden vault symbols. I've found 3 ECHO's out of 4 but what are the vault symbols? Can someone show me one, now at least I know what I'm looking for.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 04:08)
as well as find hidden vault symbols. I've found 3 ECHO's out of 4 but what are the vault symbols? Can someone show me one, now at least I know what I'm looking for.

They're like the main symbol behind the Borderlands logo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users