Photo

Borderlands 2

429 replies to this topic
Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (methods @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 03:28)
This has me stoked, I love Borderlands! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make to the other 3 classes, I found Mordecai was pretty lame when playing single player.

Agreed. To be honest, sniper rifles sucked full stop and revolvers weren't exactly the best weapon either. Mind you, they weren't as sh*t as launchers. I mean what the hell, how underpowered can a massive f*ck off rocket launcher be?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Mark @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 17:09)
QUOTE (methods @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 03:28)
This has me stoked, I love Borderlands! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make to the other 3 classes, I found Mordecai was pretty lame when playing single player.

Agreed. To be honest, sniper rifles sucked full stop and revolvers weren't exactly the best weapon either. Mind you, they weren't as sh*t as launchers. I mean what the hell, how underpowered can a massive f*ck off rocket launcher be?

Although Mordecai is my favourite, the sniper rifles didn't feel like sniper rifles to me. I mostly blamed it on the zooming. But hey revolvers were great! Just wish I could dual-wield them.

To be honest, the game's explosions were really such a meh. Hence the suckiness of the launchers.

Just saw the trailer, what the hell were those things the dude was shooting at?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:01 PM Edited by mrpain, 22 August 2011 - 12:32 PM.

BOOYAH! New info people! I have to thank N1C0l3 from the RDR forums for actually posting this information on the RDR Forums.

The new environments and the new antagonist
Meet The Gunzerker
The New Gun Manufacturers

QUOTE ('N1C0l3' pid='468566' dateline='1313886144')

QUOTE ('ColonelKain' pid='465915' dateline='1313666885')

I've been seeing this more recently, like level 50 somethings with Modded Shields. Yesterday I picked up some 'Skill Points' from the floor that were dropped as items, never seen that before. Used them of course :earmuffs:

cause of microsoft and gearbox, Borderlands turned into a modding/hacking game, just about every match you join there is at least 1 - 3 modders

thats why Gearbox is gonna have the Borderlands 2 save files on the servers 
Handsome Jack - the game's main antagonist.
Bullymong - a six-limbed gorilla-like creature that will dynamically pick up objects (or rip up bits of scenery) and then lob them at the player.
Elemental skags - certain elemental skags are able to buff other nearby skags.
Marauder bandit - a large thug who makes intelligent use of cover, retreating to find allies when significantly damaged.
Surveyors - floating Hyperion bots who can quickly restore their allies to full health and summon more robots such as WAR Loaders.
Nomad - a giant robed boss wielding a massive shield with an angry midget strapped to it. The player may choose to shoot off the midget's restraints and temporarily gain an ally.
WAR Loader - a large Hyperion robot that can rapidly fire missiles and bullets. Can be summoned by Surveyors.
Thresher - a gigantic worm-like creature that is fought in vehicles and can open more parts of the map.
EXP Loader - a man-sized Hyperion robot that acts as a suicide bomber. The player may shoot off its legs in order to slow it down.

Note: CL4P-TPs are confirmed to make an appearance in Borderlands 2. They are upset over the happenings in DLC4 but it is not known at this time if they will fight with or against the players.

A new element, called Eridium has been confirmed to serve as a form of super currency and a way to upgrade weapons and vehicles. It is said that the most powerful weapons are only able to be bought with Eridium.

In Borderlands 2, the bandits themselves have started making their own weapons under the "Bandit" manufacturer. Their weapons will sport the largest magazines in the game.

Eridian weapons have not been confirmed for Borderlands 2.

S&S Weapons will not be returning for Borderlands 2, their company having been put out of business by the new Bandit manufacturer.

Atlas Weapons will not be returning for Borderlands 2, due to the the fact that the Vault Hunters destroyed it by killing General Knoxx and the Crimson Lance invasion force. 
Also there is a new siren character, Maya
user posted image

She carries a book on her left thigh, which is speculated to be related to her skill(s) but her skills have not yet been reviled, yet

Salvador in action
user posted image

The new Bandit guns
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[IMG]

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

Am I the only person excited about this game?!

Gamespot interviews Gearbox
Borderlands B Test will be available through Steam on September 9. Described as a developer version of the original Borderlands, B Test is an update to all copies of the game, and it will be used as a testing ground for the studio's work on Borderlands 2.

Pitchford said that B Test will let the team closely monitor how gamers are playing the original Borderlands, as it gathers information on, for example, where people are getting stuck at or which guns aren't getting much use. It will also introduce Steam Cloud functionality into the game, allowing all characters to be saved to Valve's servers.

The conversation then shifted to Borderlands 2, with the first topic being, naturally, guns. Borderlands 2 will have an even greater amount of itemization than the first game. New to the franchise will be scopes, which will apparently offer more than just a close-up look at the battlefield. One example of these scopes was a beer bottle tied to a rifle. Players will also be able to dual-wield any weapon in the game.

Gearbox went on to note that the original game's cast of characters won't be playable in Borderlands 2. Though the studio hasn't announced the complete playable-character line-up, it has announced Salvatore the Gunzerker, which is a variant of the first game's Berserker class. The team also teased Maya, who is described as a Siren with powers different than those of the Siren in the original game.

Borderlands 2's story remains largely under wraps, but Gearbox did provide a brief overview. The primary antagonist will be Handsome Jack, who believes he is the hero and the player characters are the villains.

In a surprise, Oprah-like gesture, Pitchford and company then handed out vouchers for a free copy of Borderlands 2, which is expected to arrive between April 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013. In the process, he asked the some 1,000 panel attendees to purchase "the inevitable Borderlands 2 downloadable content" as recompense for 2K Games' generosity.

The Gearbox teamed offered a handful of other tidbits on Borderlands 2 during the Q&A portion of the panel. The team confirmed that Borderlands 2 will have new types of equipment. As one example, elemental artifacts will provide a variety of different character-enhancing bonuses, such as improved vehicle speed.

Gearbox also confirmed that Borderlands 2 will have online and local mutliplayer split-screen functionality. Pitchford also noted that Borderlands 2 will not require a persistent online connection, though he did say that being online will offer advantages such as Steam Cloud saves. The team also said that players will be able to transfer items between characters.

Quote: "…inevitable Borderlands 2 downloadable content."--Randy Pitchford, who was promptly mocked by the team for his inability to keep a secret.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

OMG NEW TRAILER!!! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

September cannot come soon enough.

I want it. Want it now.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Just saw this on a friend's Facebook page and was going to post the trailer, but I've been beaten.

Like Mark, I cannot wait for this to come out. Definitely excited, but hopefully the ending is a little better than the first one.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:50 PM Edited by mrpain, 23 February 2012 - 01:18 PM.

I actually lost interest in this game, then that trailer happened. It actually got me interested in dubstep now!

Great to see returning characters, if only TK was still alive sad.gif

But yeah, kickass trailer man. Definitely getting this and gonna roll as Zero. I like how enemies react to damage now. Also, Claptraps are back! Woo!

"96.5% MORE WUB WUB!" That killed me biggrin.gif

EDIT: Right, just noticed that was Lillith at the end of the trailer.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

As if a Claptrap couldn't get any more awesome-er he goes and does a robot dance.

Looking fantastic, can't wait to rip up the wastleland in 4 player co-op again.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

The new Siren can force choke people <3 I know who I'm using.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 06:26)
As if a Claptrap couldn't get any more awesome-er he goes and does a robot dance.

Looking fantastic, can't wait to rip up the wastleland in 4 player co-op again.

I only bought Borderlands back in September, so I was way behind on the game and missed out on playing co-op. I'm hoping this time around, I'll be able to play it with friends and enjoy the co-op experience.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 17:52)
OMG NEW TRAILER!!! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

This is the only time I've ever felt dub-step was suited in a trailer especially because of the "wub wub" reference haha!

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

That trailer, so awesome. Can't wait to play it, also the live action Lilith will be pretty cool.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

I liked the song actually, downloaded in on itunes... hyped for this game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 12:15)
I liked the song actually, downloaded in on itunes... hyped for this game.

Yeah this is the song

Got me interested in dubstep now.

I wonder what are the original four roles gonna be? Lillith and Mordecai are confirmed, and both of the seems to have huge roles based on that trailer. And it seems like they actually going to have a story now.

Xtreme921
  • Xtreme921

Not Today Zerg!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 16:14)
I wonder what are the original four roles gonna be? Lillith and Mordecai are confirmed, and both of the seems to have huge roles based on that trailer. And it seems like they actually going to have a story now.

I think I can remember hearing something in that trailer about the vault hunters being wanted or something? Also Roland is confirmed aswell thanks to this video:

14 minutes of gameplay Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Wait, that video was posted back in 2011 and I'm only watching it now?! Did you see that gun at 12:30? How badass was that? And the game is looking way too polished and smoother than the first one. Freakin psyched for this!

Live-action Lillith

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

This is looking pretty good.

japansevechtkunst
  • japansevechtkunst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:16 PM Edited by japansevechtkunst, 31 July 2012 - 09:22 PM.

I am looking forward to BL2 while waiting on GTAV and want to complete the game online with 3 other people. I prefer the dude with the turret but i will play with any character in order to play with people who dont suck or take all the loot. I beat BL1 with a friend split screen and I think it is way more fun to play with others. Anyway, post or send me a pm or friend elJEFE_UTexas on PSN and we shall wait for tha game to come out.

just swapped the 360 for ps3 and dont have BL1 yet but ill probably buy the complete edition soon because NCAA13 is gettin old allready .

EDIT : work all day so will play 7- whenever Central time and weekends

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Looking pretty sweet, indeed.

Also, the achievement list for the game is up. Lots of secret achievements (just like Borderlands).

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

This is actually my most anticipated game to release this year. Can't wait!

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Can't find any topic about the first Borderlands, so i just ask here.
I'm playing Borderlands and already finished the main storyline.
So, should i do the DLC now or after second Playthrough? and in what order should i play the DLC?

Some people said that if i do the DLC in the first playthrough, i'll be overpowered in the second one.
And if i didn't do the DLC in the first playthrough, i wouldn't get anymore backpack SDU in the second one.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

This game looks so amazing O_O

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 08:23)
Can't find any topic about the first Borderlands, so i just ask here.
I'm playing Borderlands and already finished the main storyline.
So, should i do the DLC now or after second Playthrough? and in what order should i play the DLC?

Some people said that if i do the DLC in the first playthrough, i'll be overpowered in the second one.
And if i didn't do the DLC in the first playthrough, i wouldn't get anymore backpack SDU in the second one.

I might suggest doing it on the second playthrough, or at least after completing the first one (without starting over). Do Zombie Island>General Knoxx>RoboRevolution, and Mad Moxxi just whenever (it's not a story-based DLC). I did the Robot Revolution first, midway through my first play-through. I was mad overpowered for the other two DLCs and the rest of the main game because of it. When I got to the Zombie Island, I was so overpowered, I could kill 5 zombies with a 2-chambered revolver. That was because I was 15 levels above all the enemies, was tuned to fire attacks (which zombies are weak against), was using a fire revolver, and had a perk that let me sometimes not spend ammo while shooting. So yeah, at one point, I killed 5 zombies with only using 2 bullets. I ended up killing the final boss with like 3 clips of SMG ammo, if even. The main game's end boss was seriously so god damn easy, too.

Do the Robot Revolution last, since it sort of wraps everything up nicely including fighting 3 bosses from the other 2 DLCs again and having the final battle be at the bus stop you started the game at.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well as you guys may know, they're doing a 'season pass' for the DLC. Steam added it yesterday incorrectly priced at £7.99 and I snapped it up. The price is now £23.99 so that's a pretty good deal I say. Hope they don't refund it or something.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

- Still only four classes

- Still shooting all day

- Still same generic weapons

- No story

Borderlands 1 in a new environment?

Even though I might still play it, Borderlands 1 was boring, but I didn't play online so, will try this.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Pre ordered it for $36 off Green Man Gaming just now since I had a voucher.

Feels good, man.

Vega LVI
  • Vega LVI

Gravedancer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I've seen the commercial channel for this and I'm officially psyched! I've shot a sh*tload of hours into Borderlands with a bud of mine in co-op mode and had a great time doing it. I cannot wait for what Borderlands 2 will have to offer!

I still laugh every time I read: 'Nine Toes!... ... ... He also has three balls...' biggrin.gif

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

If anyone is getting this for the 360 and wants to play some co-op when it comes out, hit me up on XBL.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Borderlands 2's Official Launch Trailer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users