Photo

Borderlands 2

429 replies to this topic
mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I like green. Those skins are green. Me definitely wants.

And for Terra fight, pretty impressive he didn't use The Bee. I'm always underestimating the power of Slag. All my characters rarely use it because I never see any difference from regular damage. But when I see other people use it right, I'll feel dumb. What the hell am I doing wrong?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Boom. I was wrong. Here's the new playable character.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 03:39)
And for Terra fight, pretty impressive he didn't use The Bee. I'm always underestimating the power of Slag. All my characters rarely use it because I never see any difference from regular damage. But when I see other people use it right, I'll feel dumb. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Are you only using slag? Cause in order to get the increased damage, you need to switch to a non slag weapon. So slag them, then switch. Repeat if needed.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 03:05)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 15 2013, 03:39)

Are you only using slag? Cause in order to get the increased damage, you need to switch to a non slag weapon. So slag them, then switch. Repeat if needed.

Oh I'm aware of that. I just never noticed the extra damage, that's all. Plus I find switching weapons everytime to be too tedious for me to do. Yeah, but it's just one button but... the effort man.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I've got a request for hardcore BL2 players, if you're interested. Just thought I'd try this forum first before the GBX forum or even my real life friends, since we all share the strong love for GTA here.

As you may know, loot from side quests is usually ultra rare, as it can only be obtained through that side-quest. As you also may know, the level of all side-quests scales to your level when you enter playthrough 2.5 (When you beat the game and reach the cap, resulting in all loot/monsters in every area to scale to your level). Well I also expect this to happen in playthrough 3.5 since, incase you didn't know, the level cap will increase on April 2 to 61, also adding playthrough 3.

Anyways. For playthrough 2 I only did story quests and the side quests that give trash weapons/strictly EXP. I saved all the quests for PT 2.5. I'm now going to do the exact same thing for Playthrough 3. Any takers?

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 18:58)
I've got a request for hardcore BL2 players, if you're interested. Just thought I'd try this forum first before the GBX forum or even my real life friends, since we all share the strong love for GTA here.

As you may know, loot from side quests is usually ultra rare, as it can only be obtained through that side-quest. As you also may know, the level of all side-quests scales to your level when you enter playthrough 2.5 (When you beat the game and reach the cap, resulting in all loot/monsters in every area to scale to your level). Well I also expect this to happen in playthrough 3.5 since, incase you didn't know, the level cap will increase on April 2 to 61, also adding playthrough 3.

Anyways. For playthrough 2 I only did story quests and the side quests that give trash weapons/strictly EXP. I saved all the quests for PT 2.5. I'm now going to do the exact same thing for Playthrough 3. Any takers?

Should explain what platform man. Plus isn't the level cap paid dlc?

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by fireguy109, 25 March 2013 - 01:13 AM.

I've been playing quite a bit with one of my friends lately and I not only nailed 50, I've got a f*ckton of great gear both duped from my friend and grinded for by myself. I've got the Conference Call (fire), Impaler (corrosive), Inflammable Bee (fire proof), Infinity (shock), Evil Smasher (i.e. I can do infinite damage with the Infinity that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif ), and the Norfleet (corrosive), plus some other good stuff. Like I said in here before, the game is fun as hell but only when you've got decent gear or friends or preferably both.

I'm playing through the DLCs now, beat Hammerlock 100% and now I'm on Scarlett's Pirate Booty. I also managed to finally get Platinum, the Challenge Accepted trophy was a bit of a bitch because of the shotgun challenge glitch but I pulled it off. biggrin.gif

BTW the Evil Smasher glitch is sick as hell, me and my friend came up with a great automatic grind with the infinity pistol that got some of our spare characters 1-37 in like 45 minutes. We can also kill Terramorphus solo or coop in less than 3 seconds. tounge.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

I did that too on my level 50 Siren I still have most if not all the side quests still uncompleted. Still haven't finished all the DLC's though.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

PS3 is the platform, sorry for confusion. Also yes, the level cap pack costs $4.99. Its free if you have the season pass, though.

As far as the DLC goes, I have all 3 but I've only ever played the first one. I'm waiting for this cap increase to play the others.

This level cap increase is going to kill me. I have over 40 oranges, and a few seraphs. Oh well, gives me more reason to play more happy.gif

So any takers on my request?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Taken from their Facebook page
user posted image

Time to bust out my old level 50 Axton again.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Huh? I could've sworn I heard GBX say that pearlescent guns will come in the 4th DLC.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Only two more back pack spaces? oh come on, could have give us about 10, we were capable of having 72 spaces in the original Borderlands. I know we have bank spaces but it would be amazing if we could unlock a massive room and then be able to place weapons on the wall for display, i like pointless sh*t like that.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Incoming rant.

So I thought I would be able to download the Ultimate Vault Hunter today but nope, it won't let me download it for some reason. I have the f*cking season pass, and it's like only 110kb of f*cking memory. f*ck me. I'm just gonna try it later in the day to see whether it f*cking works.

So I thought I settle myself down with some golden keys but nope, I need a f*cking gold membership to enter one f*cking code of text.

Why is it so hard to f*cking enjoy a game nowadays.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

UVHM is way harder than I thought it would be, me and my bud weren't doing sh*t with all level 50 legendary gear today. On the plus side the XP rewards for missions are huge so the leveling is surprisingly fast. Word of advice for people going to try it, grab a level 50 super high chance slag gun for it. In UVHM slag does triple damage so it basically makes things possible. tounge.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Can't believe it has taken them this long to extend the level cap, and its not even f*cking free.

BL1 was the ultimate win, and they are seriously taking the god damn piss with this game, so done with it.

It stopped being fun ages ago.

If the pearly guns and the level cap were free I may consider throwing it on for a f*ckabout, but f*ck this noise.

I honestly don't get like this with games, I usually put up with a lot of bullsh*t and everyone else seems to bitch about things. But this time I have had it.

I just cannot not feel like they are fisting me so hard in the anus and pulling out the money from my wallet from the inside and laughing while they steal some of the decent loot from my game while they are at it.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Did you get the season pass though Daz? In BL1 the level cap came with the DLC so in a way you're paying for that as well. So I don't see the difference between the level cap of BL1 and BL2.

Finally got it downloaded. Is it because of the new update or has Pyro Pete and Hyperius always been at level 32?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't know how many people still play BL2, but if you want to farm Pyro Pete really easily just exploit the elevator tounge2.gif

.: Phaze
  • .: Phaze

Why so serious?...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

I play this game alot on XBOX360. Add me if you're interested in playing sometimes... I have all the DLC and such. [CWB iPhaze].

I loved Borderlands since it first released and played it constantly too, so when two hit, I couldn't and still can't get off of it. Classic game for sure.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have a level 50 Siren that I run raid bosses with.

I do have Pirate's Booty, and Mr. Torgue dlc.

I'm also leveling up a Gunzerker currently (level9) if anyone is interested in playing with me xbox: two5ZEROone

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Y'all are never gonna believe this sh*t.

I was playing with my friend yesterday (PS3) and we started a new game playing as Kriegs. We're playing through the game, finish the first few missions, kill Flint, and what do we get? Goddamn Thunderball Fists on our first try! Only level 4, but an orange on first kill is freaking crazy! wow.gif

So today we're playing more, do some side missions, and we're about to tackle the Bloodshot Dam when I need to head off. We decide to wipe out the guys at the gate first though, so we start killing. I kill a psycho and...

MOTHERf*ckING FABLED TORTOISE OFF A PSYCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an orange shield with a crazy capacity that I've never seen in my life, and here we drop the thing on a damn level 9 psycho kill! Ours was a lvl 13, so right away we duped it of course. Freaking crazy luck we've had with these saves, hopefully it keeps up lol!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

playing the game on steam now gives you trading cards to customize your profile

for those who aren't up to date on game news

what is it/ FAQ: http://steamcommunit...m/tradingcards/

news: http://steamcommunit...717618079285987

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I never expected Borderlands 2 to have trading cards on steam. I was kinda surprised. I was collecting some cards from other games, but I sold it for money. tounge.gif

Anyway, I bought Borderlands 2 a week ago on Steam. Played about 23 hours atm with my friend, other three friends and in matchmaking. Unlike fireguy, I didn't get any good loot with any of them sadly. If you want to trade items or trading cards, add me on steam.

My steam is in my sig ph34r.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by fireguy109, 05 June 2013 - 01:52 AM.

Krieg just became 1000% more awesome... and tragic. Poor bastard. If they keep developing his character in the new DLC, he's got the potential to be a truly iconic video game character.

@Don Be sure to do the Dukino missions (for the little skag guy) so that you can grind a certain very tough very high-xp boss (his mom), as well as the other missions in the town so you can grind the Sheriff. wink.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

So, I picked up this game two weeks ago; never played the first one.....and I'm pretty much obsessed.

I'm a level 31 Mechromancer and I'm currently farming Lynchwood for the XP and loot. This game's a f*cking hoot and it stinks of replay value. Me gusta, me definitely gusta.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

My adventures with the luckiest save ever continue. I killed Mortar and got a Pandemic grenade mod, killed Hunter Hellquist and got the Bee on my first try (I swear to god, level 29 high capacity 7.5 recharge delay), killed the warrior and dropped a slag Conference Call (again, first try). 3 Oranges on my first attempt for each. Funny story with the CC - it actually was stuck under his body and I had to desperately leave and power-run back thorough Hero's Pass so the body would despawn but the loot would not. Luckily, I was able to grab it. My Mania build with Krieg means every time I run out of health I just activate buzz axe rampage, run around getting easy kills/health, then have my skill replenished for free to repeat again. Krieg is easily the best character in the game. inlove.gif And his awesome luck helps too. Can't make this sh*t up people, I swear on pain of ban this is true.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 06:34)

Man that was such a well done short. I always dream of a Borderlands animated series because that shizzle would be awesome indeed. That Krieg introduction video just shows how talented they are in making animation.

Have no had the chance to purchase Krieg yet, yes 800 Microsoft Points is hard for me to come by nowadays. How is he anyway? Heard that his buzzsaw axe is actually counted as a pistol.

I'm still finishing up with Sir Hammerlock DLC with my Siren. Then maybe after that I'll go finish up my Assassin, try out Gunzerker and then tackle UVHM with my Commando.

This game is still my Game Of The Year from last year. It checks out so many points in being a good game. Addictive fun? Check. A hell of a kickass story? Check. Worthwhile character building? Check.

Although I was I have more legendary drops though. It seems everybody else is getting them frequently except for me sad.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Krieg's a f*cking beast man, I'd definitely recommend you get him. The only thing I would say is it's kinda hard to play with him at the same level as his foes, I recommend grinding so you are at least 3 or more levels above them. Once you get the Law revolver you are set for damage and then the Order shield is basically infinite health, you can grind the Sheriff for a new Law anytime as well. The buzzsaw isn't buffed as a pistol AFAIK, it just takes the damage of the melee attack. And of course as I said before Release the Beast means you never go down. I was stuck in the water in that place by Southern Shelf and woulda died as any other character, but with Krieg I was able to run through the water continuously RtBing and made it to the mainland.

Also, my crazy luck continues. I killed Knuckle Dragger to start my UVHM play through and got a freaking Hornet on my first kill. wow.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

user posted image

New DLC comes out the 25th! http://www.ign.com/v...keep-commentary

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

user posted image

Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has revealed that an announcement regarding the next DLC for Borderlands 2 will be made tomorrow.

http://www.egmnow.co...unced-tomorrow/

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I stopped playing this a while back but picked it up the other day, I'm debating wether to get the season pass, is all the DLC with it good enough to warrant it, I can see me playing this on and off from now and when I am playing V too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users