Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Official Website
http://www.borderlands2.com/

For
PC, PS3 and Xbox360

Release
Fiscal year of 2013, so April 2012 and onward
We'll catch a glimp at gamescom and PAX

New York, NY – August 3, 2011 – 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands™, is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two's fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 – August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 – August 28. Eager gamers can learn more about Borderlands 2 right now by picking up the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, which has the worldwide exclusive cover story on the title. Readers will find many game details inside the issue, including the first reveal of one of the several new character classes being introduced in Borderlands 2.

About Borderlands

Taking the gaming world by storm, Borderlands delivered its unique flavor of humorous and lovable characters and addictive non-stop collaborative loot-hunting gameplay on an unsuspecting populace. The critically acclaimed and best-selling Role-Playing-Shooter, as well as its four downloadable expansion packs, captured the imagination and attention of single-player and cooperative gamers around the world.

Game Informer cover

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yes!!! one of my favourite games getting a well deserved sequel

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

I got borderlands in the steam sale and it's such a fun game, i haven't finished it yet so I don't know if it will carry on the story of the first game but regardless it should be a great game, looking forward to this.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Nice, really looking forward to it.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

I'll be getting this.

Hopefully they make a decent ending this time.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

yeah same ere avid fan of the first one, allthough the DLC could use a bit of imaginations next time, horde mode was allright but to hard not to mention the annoying glitch on xbox where it waould cause the game to freeze 2 hours into a battle! the knox dlc seemed to be completly made up of roads just to stretch out the campaighn!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

YES...

cant f*cking wait. I'm definatly going to get this sh*t at midnight...

god in several months i'll have Skyrim, MW3, BF3, and Borderlands 2. f*ck YEAH!!!

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Wednesday, Aug 3 2011, 20:17)
god in several months i'll have Skyrim, MW3, BF3, and Borderlands 2. f*ck YEAH!!!

By several months I hope you mean from April next year onwards because Borderlands 2 most likely won't be out until the end of next year.

I'm happy this was announced though, loved the first one but I just hope they address some issues, for one making the towns on a planet that's supposed to be inhabited actually have people in them, not the odd person who says the same line over and over.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

It's being shown at Gamescon and PAX Prime later this month! Can't wait.

Just bought the game of the year edition of Borderlands a few months ago. It was such a good game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

OH f*ck YES ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME IS GETTING A DESERVED SEQUEL f*ck YEAH!!! IT'S ABOUT f*ckING TIME!

Looking forward to the new characters. Will they keep the same classes or maybe they are different somewhat? And they better add atleast a decent story.

user posted image
Dual weapons, anyone?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

After having a selection of seriously modded weapons on xbox. i hope they intergreat that into the game itself. with the ammount of different gun options avaliable that you will never see, im surprised it wasnt a standard feature to make your own gun in the original game.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hell yes, borderlands was a damn good game, and I've been looking forward to a sequel ever since.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

Another thing I hope the sequel doesn't have is a horribly miniscule FOV. God damn the default 50 degree FOV was unbearable, had to bind myself a key to set it to 95 degrees.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 11:48)
Another thing I hope the sequel doesn't have is a horribly miniscule FOV. God damn the default 50 degree FOV was unbearable, had to bind myself a key to set it to 95 degrees.

I can't really remember the FOV, was it really that bad? I didn't have any problems playing it.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 11:51)
QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 11:48)

I can't really remember the FOV, was it really that bad? I didn't have any problems playing it.

It's one of those things you don't notice till someone points it out. wink.gif

But yes, for me it was literally like trying to play through a zoomed-in camera.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Will it still be set on Pandora though or do you think Gearbox will have changed the location?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 12:02)
Will it still be set on Pandora though or do you think Gearbox will have changed the location?

I think it will still be set on Pandora, I can't really see it moving away from the place since there is still so much to explore.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

No surprise that this was going to come eventually, first one was awesome and playing in the 4 player co-op made it 10x better. Loved those Claptraps so i hope they make a return.

Just the one problem from the last game was that if you were playing on a friends game and he was a head of you in the story then you wouldn't get the XP from the story missions when completing the task, can't see why you shouldn't obtain the XP rewards just because you're out of sync from your own game.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Wow, this is exciting news!

The first game was simply awesome. I never got the chance to play the multiplayer, but I'm sure that'l be my first priority with this one. icon14.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

Some great info people!
http://www.pcgamer.c...rs-and-weapons/

But if you are too lazy to clicky the linky
The playable heroes of Borderlands 1 will return for Borderlands 2, but only as NPC characters. Game Informer reveals that we’ll be taking charge of four completely new heroes when the sequel is released next year.

Gearbox have also decided to scrap all of the weapons from Borderlands 1. The randomly generated guns of the first game gave rise to thousands of mad scope/ammo/manufacturer combinations. New manufacturers will bring their own visual twists to each weapon, and players will now be able to add custom decals and enhancements to their favourite pieces.

Of the four new characters, only one has been revealed so far. He’s a stumpy “Gunzerker” called Salvador. He can dual wield any weapon and improve his abilities using the familiar three-branch skill tree of the first game. He’ll be able to choose from a wider selection of vehicles (ie: more than one), and use the new currency, Eridium, to buy new items or upgrade his armoury.

Gearbox also promise greatly improved enemy AI and more varied environments. Also, for better or worse, Claptrap’s back!

AND I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE DUAL WEAPON THING!

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

This game is definitely a release day buy for me, unless there is lots of bad previews and/or reviews. The first game was really a good game and fun to play. colgate.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:44 PM Edited by The-King, 10 August 2011 - 11:10 PM.

So, apparently, Anthony Burch from the ever brilliant Hey Ash Whatcha' Playin' videos and Podcast is actually writing this. I never cared for the original Borderland's story because it never really felt too involved and I didn't have much of a reason to care, but now I am thoroughly interested in it as HAWP is by far my favorite video-game related video series and Anthony Burch has a great sense of humor.

Source

HeyAsh.com just for people unfamiliar with their videos.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

A teaser trailer has been released.

So now instead of being a desert only planet, it now has a snow area and a "green" area.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

The teaser already out ? Oh well, they used the scene from their cover magazine, I thought they will give something different.

Look at the size of the drum magazine, over 200 bullets, what will be interesting. moto_whistle.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

http://www.gameinfor...derlands-2.aspx

Interview with Randy Pitchford and he talks about Borderlands 2.

I'm super hyped for this.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Dual wield huh? Hopefully they don't keep an Anarchy style weapon in the game then. That f*cker was overpowered as it was!

@The General: The end of the main game was pretty snowy..

So glad to see Borderlands back. Played every last bit of the first game and all of it's DLCs, yes, even farmed Crawmerax a few times. Seriously can't wait for the new one.

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:27 AM

Well they're apparently scrapping all the weapons from the original Borderlands so you're in luck Mark, unless they replace it with a similar weapon lol.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

This has me stoked, I love Borderlands! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make to the other 3 classes, I found Mordecai was pretty lame when playing single player.

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

2K are showing Borderlands 2 live on Ustream very shortly. http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive Should hopefully learn a lot more about the game biggrin.gif

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (dov3434 @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 14:57)
2K are showing Borderlands 2 live on Ustream very shortly. http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive Should hopefully learn a lot more about the game biggrin.gif

damn you. got my hopes up that it was happening right now cryani.gif
now i gotta wait for a vid to surface on Youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users